PDA

View Full Version : Cudos to the pats, BUT....

MGRS13
01-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Is any one else getting a little bored with the NFL? Even with the Chiefs in the playoffs this year I've never got that excited about them. I sort of new the patriots would end up winning and going on to the superbowl. I mean can anyone honestly say they are excited about the superbowl right now? The NFL is probably in the pats locker room right now asking them to design their next ring. The hole thing is losing it's luster for me, and personally I see no reason why the Pats won't win the next two or three superbowls after this year, sure they probably are the best team in the history of the NFL but outside of NE it's getting pretty boring.

Phobia
01-21-2007, 07:29 PM
That's a fine point Mr. Athen.

Bowser
01-21-2007, 07:30 PM
That's a fine point Mr. Athen.

You mean the part about the hole thing?

Fairplay
01-21-2007, 07:31 PM
I sort of new it too.

WilliamTheIrish
01-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Is any one else getting a little bored with the NFL?

Cue Mecca.

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Cue Mecca.

These two would get along famously.

JBucc
01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah damn nfl is boring now. I wish they'd get this shit off the air and start showing soccer of hockey or something exciting.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah damn nfl is boring now. I wish they'd get this shit off the air and start showing soccer of hockey or something exciting.

Beckam is coming to LA! Soccer will be the new thing!!

MGRS13
01-21-2007, 07:36 PM
so tell me if it was your job to sell the superbowl, tell me why should I watch this year? And fine if you don't agree with my post just humor me.

Eleazar
01-21-2007, 07:37 PM
so tell me if it was your job to sell the superbowl, tell me why should I watch this year? And fine if you don't agree with my post just humor me.

Are you really not going to watch at all?

MGRS13
01-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Beckam is coming to LA! Soccer will be the new thing!!
My wife is stoked!

Deberg_1990
01-21-2007, 07:39 PM

It doesnt matter who plays in the Super Bowl each year, people will still watch in droves. Its become a National Pastime and damn near a holiday.

Its the only game, that die-hards, casual fans and non fans alike all watch. Not because of the teams, or the game really, its just become the "in thing" to do.

Its become bigger than the game itself.

MGRS13
01-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Are you really not going to watch at all?
If i'm some where and it's on yea I'll watch it but it will be the first time I can remember when I won't go out of my way to watch it. I mean come on do you really doubt the outcome?

Rain Man
01-21-2007, 07:45 PM

Assuming that the Patriots hold on:

Watch the most clutch QB of this generation take on the most dominating defense of the decade. Watch the most electrifying kick returner in NFL history try to break one against a strong special teams unit. Watch a fast, relentless middle linebacker patrol the line against a 1-2 running attack of an aging veteran and rising rookie. Watch a wide receiver who is the closest thing to a two-way player we've had in 40 years.

Lots of good stories here. I agree that it's boring to watch the Patriots again, but the Bears are a great story.

Sully
01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
I still like the Ptats. I don't put them with the Yankees, because it's not like they are going out and buying wins. They are using everyday players (except for a few) and just outplaying/outcoaching teams. That makes it interesting to me, and has kept me from getting bored with them.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Watch the most clutch QB of this generation take on the most dominating defense of the decade.

I hate to disagree...but the 2000 Ravens were the best defense of the decade so far.