PDA

View Full Version : Question about that Bears/Vikings neighbors commercial.

Rain Man
01-21-2007, 07:40 PM
You know the commercial. Bears fan lives next door to Vikings fan. They keep trying to one-up each other with jerseys, dogs, couches, decorated Guatemalan housekeepers, etc. At the end, the Vikings guy has a big inflatable Viking that apparently wins the contest.

At one point, Vikings guy comes out with his family, and they're all wearing jerseys. Three of the four are Vikings jerseys, but the wife, Mrs. Vikings guy, is wearing some sort of light blue jersey that looks like a Malaysian counterfeit contraband Houston Oilers jersey.

Why is she wearing this? What's the story here?

big nasty kcnut
01-21-2007, 07:43 PM
I think she try to impressed hubby by buying a vikqueen shirt but got a cheap knock off.

Phobia
01-21-2007, 07:45 PM
It been a while since I seen that comercial but I think it probably because she wear it for testicular cancer awareness month at least that what I think.

Sully
01-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Just like you can buy every NFL jersey in pink now, there is a baby blue set now, as well.

John_Locke
01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
its a "girlie" version of the jerseys...My daughter actually has a pink Chiefs Jersey...uggggggg

Rain Man
01-21-2007, 08:55 PM
There has to be a hidden meaning somewhere. I'm betting that it's either:

a) a misogynistic statement about women knowing so little about football that they can't even recognize teams' jerseys.

b) it's a nod to family issues, and the woman is a stepmother who is trying to fit in, but can't.

c) the woman is sending the man a message that she doesn't share his passions.

d) the woman is the guy's mistress and therefore not in the family.

UteChief
01-21-2007, 08:57 PM
http://www.kcchiefsproshop.com/main_detail.cfm?nProductID=5789&sAuxTitle=Women%27s%20Johnson%20Tonal%20Fashion%20Jersey%20

Cntrygal
01-21-2007, 09:04 PM
its a "girlie" version of the jerseys...My daughter actually has a pink Chiefs Jersey...uggggggg

When I was in Buffalo for the opener there was a group of women that were wearing pink Buffalo jerseys and had pink chairs/ and all kinds of other crap. I didn't even know that they made that shit. It was disgusting.

Skip Towne
01-21-2007, 09:09 PM
It been a while since I seen that comercial but I think it probably because she wear it for testicular cancer awareness month at least that what I think.
That nuts.

Rain Man
01-21-2007, 09:11 PM
http://www.kcchiefsproshop.com/main_detail.cfm?nProductID=5789&sAuxTitle=Women%27s%20Johnson%20Tonal%20Fashion%20Jersey%20

That's just wrong.