PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a game!

Amnorix
01-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Well that sucked.

Actually, in all seriousness, congratulations to the Colts, who showed tremendous fortitude in fighting back from being way down early, and in matching the Pats every time we scored, until they finally pulled ahead with only a minute left.

I think one of the main reasons the Pats lost was the home field advantage the Colts had. I don’t mean the fans or the crowd noise – but I think the Pats defense was clearly very gassed the whole second half. We allowed 32 points in the second half, which is more than DOUBLE what the Pats defense allowed on average for entire games all year. Heck, I’m not sure anybody scored 32 in a full game against us all year.

The trip to San Diego, a mentally and emotionally tough victory over the Chargers, a light flight back, then flying out to Indy took a lot out of the team, I think, as well as the heat in the Indy Dome I guess. All I know is that the Pats defense in the 2nd half isn’t the one I got used to seeing all year, that’s for darn sure.

BUT the critical fact is that the reason we had to go to Indy was because they beat us at home this year to get that home field advantage, so while it may have helped Indy win, they had EARNED it, fair and square.

Great game, an instant classic. Too bad someone had to lose.

Phobia
01-21-2007, 10:15 PM
I'll bet that loss is a lot easier to take with 3 Lombardis in your avatar.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Congrats on a great season, Amnorix!!

You always want to win, but no worries because no matter what happens, you have 3 rings and the most Manning will have would be 1 (if they win).

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Sorry you guys came up short.

Off the top of my head, probably the best Conference Championship game since Montana to Dwight Clark.

Amnorix
01-21-2007, 10:19 PM

You bet your ass. Although at the edge of my seat the whole game (my heart rate was probably 125+ for like 2 hours), I was actually alot more calm about it than normal, not getting really pissed off etc.

A few reasons:

1. 3 Lombardis in our pocket.

2. Playing with house money -- we should've lost to the Chargers last week.

3. TOUGH situation for Pats with the flight out to SD, back to Boston, one day less rest for Pats than Indy, fly out to Indy, and multiple players having the flu all week. :(

4. 3 Lombardis in our pocket.

5. Brady/Belichick/Seymour all back next year!

6. 3 Lombardis in our pocket.

Extra Point
01-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Amnorix, you are a good sport. You're a class act.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2007, 10:31 PM
That's true. I'm surprising calm about it. But now I want them to win...for Tony Dungy! They earned it. Was an entertaining game.

KCBOSS1
01-21-2007, 10:49 PM
I want a win for them for Dungy and Manning. They both deserve it. Gruden got to ride Dungy's team to the superbowl and win....Peyton, if he wins the superbowl, will go down probably as the greatest quarterback ever......and we get to watch it while the chiefs remain mediocre through his entire career.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Gruden got to ride Dungy's team to the superbowl and win...
He didn't exactly just ride on Dungy's team. Dungy couldn't do it. It took Gruden to seal the deal. Gruden gave him due credit as well. It ain't over til the fat lady sings.

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2007, 10:52 PM
I want a win for them for Dungy and Manning. They both deserve it. Gruden got to ride Dungy's team to the superbowl and win....Peyton, if he wins the superbowl, will go down probably as the greatest quarterback ever......and we get to watch it while the chiefs remain mediocre through his entire career.

Let's start with winning in 2 weeks and getting the monkey off his back.

Greatest QB ever? Nope. He needs SEVERAL more rings to even be considered.

greg63
01-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Well that sucked.

Actually, in all seriousness, congratulations to the Colts, who showed tremendous fortitude in fighting back from being way down early, and in matching the Pats every time we scored, until they finally pulled ahead with only a minute left.

I think one of the main reasons the Pats lost was the home field advantage the Colts had. I don’t mean the fans or the crowd noise – but I think the Pats defense was clearly very gassed the whole second half. We allowed 32 points in the second half, which is more than DOUBLE what the Pats defense allowed on average for entire games all year. Heck, I’m not sure anybody scored 32 in a full game against us all year.

The trip to San Diego, a mentally and emotionally tough victory over the Chargers, a light flight back, then flying out to Indy took a lot out of the team, I think, as well as the heat in the Indy Dome I guess. All I know is that the Pats defense in the 2nd half isn’t the one I got used to seeing all year, that’s for darn sure.

BUT the critical fact is that the reason we had to go to Indy was because they beat us at home this year to get that home field advantage, so while it may have helped Indy win, they had EARNED it, fair and square.

Great game, an instant classic. Too bad someone had to lose.

Pats lost cause they weren't at home playin in the snow. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-21-2007, 10:53 PM
He didn't exactly just ride on Dungy's team. Dungy couldn't do it. It took Gruden to seal the deal. Gruden gave him due credit as well. It ain't over til the fat lady sings.
I thought you were a Bucs fan??

You're like the fandom version of Ultra Peanut.

Sure-Oz
01-21-2007, 10:54 PM
That 5 yard penalty probably cost them the game or atleast the chance to seal it.

TinyEvel
01-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Rep to you, dude, Good attitude!
It's good to let somebody else's team represent the AFC for a change.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2007, 11:02 PM
I thought you were a Bucs fan??

You're like the fandom version of Ultra Peanut.
You miss a lot dontcha'?

I am a Buc fan first. Buc's weren't in PO's. I am from NE, all my life, even if I live in Florida now. So I root for the Pats in the PO's, if Bucs are out. I also watch the Pats quite a bit as well during the season...especially since my whole family up in NE are fans. They talk about it all the time. Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

Eric
01-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Patriots are incredible and almost knocked off the Dolts at their place.

Seemed this game hinged on DB's int-ing some passes. Could have gone either way.

tk13
01-21-2007, 11:11 PM
These two weeks are going to suck. I wish the game was next week so we could get this garbage over with. It's going to be Colts, Colts, Colts, Colts, Colts... all these idiots that were selling their tickets three weeks ago are all on the bandwagon now, greaat.

tk13
01-21-2007, 11:14 PM
I will say though, I literally could not make a phone call with my cell phone for 30 minutes after the game, I'm guessing because all the cell phone towers were tied up. I'd just get dead air if I tried to call anything... that was pretty wild. I can't imagine what Kansas City would be like if we got to the Super Bowl.

Logical
01-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Sorry for the loss Ammorix but boy what a game. Maybe some day before I die my Chiefs will have a Championship game like that. Well at least I was able to enjoy our first two Superbowls.

KChiefer
01-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Too bad someone had to lose.

Don't you mean "Too bad both teams couldn't lose." ???:p

Really though, the Pats came out with a great scheme. Just like you said...spead 'em out and run delays. Then Indy trumpted it with good adjustments at the half and great effort. And yeah, the Pats were gassed for sure.

Well...Better Luck Next Year Patties!
Not that they need it. :p

tk13
01-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Oh yeah, that was my other point I was going to make... brilliant move by Indy to crank the heat up in the Dome. That was a brilliant move. Just like the Pats always let the field go to crap in the cold weather, the Colts turned the tables and cranked the heat up. I wouldn't be surprised if that was intentional, and a great move that probably helped wear NE down.

Tony Dungy
01-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Oh yeah, that was my other point I was going to make... brilliant move by Indy to crank the heat up in the Dome. That was a brilliant move. Just like the Pats always let the field go to crap in the cold weather, the Colts turned the tables and cranked the heat up. I wouldn't be surprised if that was intentional, and a great move that probably helped wear NE down.

That was my idea... thanks for letting me know what you thought about it!