PDA

View Full Version : I need emotional support.

Frankie
01-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Fariba is putting me on the South Beach diet starting this morning. For the next two weeks, no rice, bread, fruits or sweets. I am bummed already, after half a day. Please send good vibes to help me through the next two weeks. I'm desparate. :deevee:

Brock
01-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Just say no to fad diets.

Easy 6
01-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Whichever foot of yours is the heaviest, put it DOWN.

Phobia
01-22-2007, 02:44 PM
You'll lose 25 lbs and then put it back on when you re-introduce those carbs. Congratulations on your impending weight loss and subsequent gain. Don't throw away your fat pants.

MOhillbilly
01-22-2007, 02:44 PM
NO RICE? NO BREAD?

SCREW THAT!

see if you cant stall till after the bowl and then maybe shell forget about it.

but her something nice.

couldnt hurt.....

Simplex3
01-22-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking what you need isn't emotional support, it's BALLS.

MOhillbilly
01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm thinking what you need isn't emotional support, it's BALLS.

he might blow you up for saying that.

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
So tonight I'm thinking of having a big bowl of RICE, with some hawaiian sweet bread, and some ground turkey burgers.

For dessert, chocolate cheesecake icecream with butterscotch magic shell

Phobia
01-22-2007, 02:47 PM
I just threw back a pound of Crawfish Etouffe made from scratch. I'm a genius.

Frankie
01-22-2007, 02:56 PM
he might blow you up for saying that.
IF I had "BALLS!"

Frankie
01-22-2007, 02:57 PM
So tonight I'm thinking of having a big bowl of RICE, with some hawaiian sweet bread, and some ground turkey burgers.

For dessert, chocolate cheesecake icecream with butterscotch magic shell
My arteries just clogged up reading this.

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Cheesecake Factory is having specials this week

Frankie
01-22-2007, 02:58 PM
You'll lose 25 lbs and then put it back on when you re-introduce those carbs. Congratulations on your impending weight loss and subsequent gain. Don't throw away your fat pants.
Are you serious or just speculating? Do you know of any case?

Phobia
01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Are you serious or just speculating? Do you know of any case?

My favorite person had it happen to him twice and he threw away his fat pants. Bowser did it and put back on double.

If you're planning to do it, you had better committ to a complete lifestyle change.

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 03:02 PM
My favorite person had it happen to him twice and he threw away his fat pants. Bowser did it and put back on double.

If you're planning to do it, you had better committ to a complete lifestyle change.

GoChiefs lost 25 pounds and gained 50 back? or 100?

Buck
01-22-2007, 03:02 PM
STAY STRONG

Groves
01-22-2007, 03:03 PM
great googley moogley, I thought everyone already knew that these fad diets usually lead to quick regaining of the weight.

I think Foxnews even had a top 10 junk science story on it. Or somethin.

Phobia's not pulling your leg. It's true.

Frankie
01-22-2007, 03:08 PM
great googley moogley, I thought everyone already knew that these fad diets usually lead to quick regaining of the weight.

I think Foxnews even had a top 10 junk science story on it. Or somethin.

Phobia's not pulling your leg. It's true.
There are some good stuff on this particular diet though.

Sully
01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
What a Sharmuta!!!
(SP?)

Fish
01-22-2007, 03:19 PM

I think that's the biggest point people don't understand.... sure you're gonna lose temporary weight on the "Insert Latest Fad Here" diet, but unless you plan on living this diet all the time, it's not going to do much good.

IMO, if you're going to change your lifestyle, a better angle would be exercise over a strict diet. Exercise provides something new that you're not already doing(easier to look forward to), and you can get exercise without having to buy anything. You don't feel that you're missing something you normally have(compared to craving rice or bread). And if you exercise enough, you can still enjoy whatever foods you want. You can also pick a form of exercise you'll enjoy, instead of being told how you have to go about a diet. Of course with exercise, you still have to stick with it... but I find that easier than sticking with a diet plan...

It's different for everybody, but don't think that Diet X is the only way to go.... for me, it's easier and more motivating to add something to my routine than to say I can't have anything on this list...

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Hydroxicut, excercise, proper diet consisting of tofu...green veggies...and protein like steak, chicken, turkey, and salmon in reasonable proportions. your stomach is the size of your two fists together...the more you eat...the more your stomach expands...the more it expands...you more it takes to fill you up...the more it takes you to eat to get full...the larger you end up getting.

and drink plenty of water...no soda, sweets, carbs, breads, starches

follow that..and you'll lose the weight.

You'll be looking like Mary Kate Olsen before long

Oh yeah and if you fail the diet and eat sugar/sweets...just purge it all up

Iowanian
01-22-2007, 03:56 PM
You could always try getting off your ass and working out.....just saying.

I'm having double chocolate fudge brownies, a large pizza, some mountain dew and a bag of funions for a snack right now.

ck_IN
01-22-2007, 04:01 PM
They're not booing you, they're saying 'mooove your fat ass'. :)

Brock
01-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Hydroxicut

Great advice for a guy who just had major heart problems.

4th and Long
01-22-2007, 04:03 PM
You could always try getting off your ass and working out.....just saying.

I'm having double chocolate fudge brownies, a large pizza, some mountain dew and a bag of funions for a snack right now.
Which Planeteer had the major heart attack that was a STICKY thread for a while? :hmmm:

4th and Long
01-22-2007, 04:04 PM
No kidding. Someone should stick to making momma jokes and lay off the medical advice. On second thought, the momma jokes are about as bad as the medical advice.

crazycoffey
01-22-2007, 04:15 PM
we all do

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 04:18 PM

Excuse the f**k out of me

I'm just telling what worked for me

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
SInce he has a heart problem...dont you think he should be seeking professional advice from a doctor before any change in exercise/dieting??

But instead he posts on a board full of wannabe's

memyselfI
01-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Brutal.

An Iranian deprived of rice...

yikes. Good luck, Frankie.

Brock
01-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Excuse the f**k out of me

I'm just telling what worked for me

Did anybody ask what worked for you?

Brock
01-22-2007, 04:21 PM
SInce he has a heart problem...dont you think he should be seeking professional advice from a doctor before any change in exercise/dieting??

But instead he posts on a board full of wannabe's

He didn't ask for anybody's advice, dipshit. Do you need to work on your reading comprehension?

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 04:22 PM

Did anyone ask for your retorting comments?

If you wish to further this argument, go home tonight, google up something wise to say with GoChiefs, and cut and paste it here for me to reply to tomorrow.

otherwise shut your mouth and do your chores

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 04:24 PM

I think you have a little fat anxiety built up.

you should go home tonight and watch some more tv, veg out all night long

Brock
01-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I think you have a little fat anxiety built up.

you should go home tonight and watch some more tv, veg out all night long

Oh noes, I'd better get started working out because what some toad who made his bones on this board by repping people with "mom" comments thinks about me is high priority.

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Oh noes, I'd better get started working out because what some toad who made his bones on this board by repping people with "mom" comments thinks about me is high priority.

It doesnt matter how a person gets to Chiefsplanet...

Besides, if we all took a look at your glorified way of getting here, we'd have to start at the root of the problem. Your mom is like a tree in the forest...all her life she gives saplings out to flourish and she gets the pleasure of having a worthless tree at her base that spends his life basking in her shadow instead of growing up.

greg63
01-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Fariba is putting me on the South Beach diet starting this morning. For the next two weeks, no rice, bread, fruits or sweets. I am bummed already, after half a day. Please send good vibes to help me through the next two weeks. I'm desparate. :deevee:

I hear that clean jokes can be funny too.

:D

Frankie
01-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Brutal.

An Iranian deprived of rice...

yikes. Good luck, Frankie.
Only for two weeks. But it will feel like two years.

el borracho
01-22-2007, 06:58 PM
You're a tiger. You're a caged beast. You thrive on hunger. You routinely do what others only dream of, often forsaking food and rest. During his last press conference, Dick Vermeil referred to you as a "wild man from the hills." You are Rich Scanlon's hero.

How was that?

Frankie
01-22-2007, 07:03 PM
They're not booing you, they're saying 'mooove your fat ass'. :)
Actually I have a small ass. It's the tire above it that needs to shrink. I lost 23 quick lbs after the heart attack. But I have plateaued and can't lose anymore. Even though Fariba's feeding me healthy stuff and in small to moderate portions. I need to lose another 20-25 lbs. I have dramatically cut down on anything fatty. But I cannot and will not give up Persian rice. That's death to me! ;) That said, even my cosumption of rice has dramatically declined.

BTW, Iowanian mentioned workout. My workout is still no more than just brisk walks. It will be some time before I am cleared for more vigorous exercise.

Frankie
01-22-2007, 07:04 PM
You're a tiger. You're a caged beast. You thrive on hunger. You routinely do what others only dream of, often forsaking food and rest. During his last press conference, Dick Vermeil referred to you as a "wild man from the hills." You are Rich Scanlon's hero.

How was that?
ROFL ROFL REP!

Chiefnj
01-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Isn't Fariba the nice lady that took care of you several months ago on your death bed? Your lucky you have someone to take care of you. Listen to her and good luck on the diet.

Frankie
01-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Isn't Fariba the nice lady that took care of you several months ago on your death bed? Your lucky you have someone to take care of you. Listen to her and good luck on the diet.
Yes she is. More than that, she's now my wife.

Chiefnj
01-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Yes she is. More than that, she's now my wife.

I must have missed that, or forgot. Belated congratulations.

Manila-Chief
01-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Actually I have a small ass. It's the tire above it that needs to shrink. I lost 23 quick lbs after the heart attack. But I have plateaued and can't lose anymore. Even though Fariba's feeding me healthy stuff and in small to moderate portions. I need to lose another 20-25 lbs. I have dramatically cut down on anything fatty. But I cannot and will not give up Persian rice. That's death to me! ;) That said, even my cosumption of rice has dramatically declined.

BTW, Iowanian mentioned workout. My workout is still no more than just brisk walks. It will be some time before I am cleared for more vigorous exercise.

The only way I can lose weight is with a modified Akins ... I believe the South Beach comes from Akins and is more healthy???? I was going to encourage you by telling you that after I get started on Akins I'm not hungry and the diet helps me stay on it, but if you've lost weight it might not work for you????

Brisk walks works wonders for taking off pounds ... heard a so called "expert" on on of the shows ... I think it was the NBC Today show said, moving a mile burned the same calories ... if you walk or run it is the same amount ... it just takes longer to walk than to run. Plus, if you and Fariba do it together it will give you some quality time. Go for it ... it will do you good and help you too.

Easy 6
01-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Fish had it right, for most of us a strenuous workout & then eat what you want to, only in smaller portions is the ONLY way to go.

But since you are coming off of serious heart trouble & are probably quite limited in the intensity with which you can excercise, perhaps you had better listen to Fariba.

Good luck Frankie.

stevieray
01-22-2007, 08:54 PM
I have no doubt you are capable of accomplishing this challenge.

Phobia
01-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Have you considered taking up smoking? I've heard people who quit smoking gain weight so it only stands to reason that somebody who starts smoking will lose weight. Give it some thought. Talk about it with your wife. Smoke a couple packs - see what you think....

angel
01-22-2007, 10:02 PM
I started the South Beach Diet as a new year's thing. I haven't really had much of a problem. (There was one weekend of cheating, but it was my birthday). As long as you eat something whenever you get a craving, you'll be fine. I just keep a bunch of string cheese, jello, or celery and laughing cow cheese with me at all times. That laughing cow cheese with celery is the best thing ever to happen to the world.

I've been reading his book, and it's a great diet for people with heart problems- it was created by a heart doctor person...

Oh, and the sugar free Popsicles are good, too- they're flavored with splenda, so they don't even taste sugar free. If you, like me, have a caffeine addiction, he allows one diet soda per day, which I'm surprisingly getting used to the taste of.

Anyway, my advice to stay honest: eat constantly. Keep snacks with you at all times and eat little meals all day long- especially don't skip breakfast- very important!

listopencil
01-22-2007, 11:44 PM
This thread officially begins your new life as a girl.

luv
01-23-2007, 12:50 AM
I'm counting calories and exercising. Burn more calories than you take in, and you lose weight. Every 3500 calories is a pound. I'm stuck at 11 pounds lost so far. Been there for about a week. Good luck in your quest for thinness.

big nasty kcnut
01-23-2007, 01:35 AM
frankie listen to my friend Fariba she only there to help you out. She'll get you healthy.

RedThat
01-23-2007, 04:11 AM
Have you considered taking up smoking? I've heard people who quit smoking gain weight so it only stands to reason that somebody who starts smoking will lose weight. Give it some thought. Talk about it with your wife. Smoke a couple packs - see what you think....

LOL....your too much man

RedThat
01-23-2007, 04:48 AM

I wouldn't even go on that diet. Terrible diet. Consider it an unbalanced diet. And a big reason for that is, you're lacking out all the essential vitamins and minerals that come from a balanced diet.

Seriously, its an unhealthy diet. Don't buy into this zero carbs crap. Your body needs sugars, its important to keep your blood sugar level balanced, and stable. Like some of these guys are saying, expect to lose weight and put it back on. Thats how this diet works. Because all you're gonna be doing is depriving your body of carbs, and secondly, when you deprive your body of carbs, you place yourself at risk of getting a metabolic disorder known as "Ketosis". All that is a build up of chemicals in your body called "ketones". When that happens, your body excretes more sodium and water loss. So in other words, you can possibly dehydrate yourself? Yeah you'll lose weight, but it'll be lots of water you're losing as well. When you go back to eating normal again, that water weight will come right back. Trust me, Im talking to you from experience.

I've been through this low carb diet before, I hated it. I think its crap. It takes a toll on you mentally, you go to the gym, you feel exhausted, tired, sluggish, just completely slow. You dont even want to train some days, its awful. I hated it.

Honestly, your better off going with a healthy well balanced diet. Just eat clean, plain and simple. Get your complete and incomplete proteins in there. Add some essential fatty acids, stay away from saturated fats. Go with Omega 3s. And eat carbs low in the GI index. Stay away from junk food, dont eat out. Mind you, its ok to throw in some cheat days, here and there, once or even twice a week. The carbs you want to eat are carbs that are low in the glycemic index. Get a good dose of complex carbs in a day, and you'll be alright.

You wanna lose weight, it's simple. You expend more calories than you consume in a day. Screw this crap of low carb diets. The reason they say, "Oh low carb is the way to go". It's because its a fast way of losing weight. You know what happens when you exercise? Your body burns the sugars first, fat second, and proteins third. So thats why so many people go on this low carb diet. Sugars dont burn as fast. And you can't burn fat unless your body burns the sugars first. So if your body is deprived of sugars, it'll attack the fat, and use it as a form of energy to make up for the physical demands of exercise. Just a quicker way to burn fat.

I think you can achieve what you want with a balanced diet. Trust me. And your body will function A LOT better. At least when you go to the gym you'll feel more alive, healthy, and strong. Eat small portions of food. Important to eat several times a day. id say 5-6 meals every 2-3 hours. That'll help boost your metabolism. Just watch your caloric intake. Make sure your burning more calories than you consume in a day, and you'll lose weight.

Rausch
01-23-2007, 07:08 AM

"BBQ - all the time.

I want tons of greasy bacon and sausage wif mah' breakfast and boiled eggs too."

:)

Simply Red
01-23-2007, 07:21 AM
creamed califlower. Just like potatoes. MMM!

Easy 6
01-23-2007, 08:22 AM
creamed califlower. Just like potatoes. MMM!

EWWWWWW...

Frankie
01-23-2007, 09:31 AM
I must have missed that, or forgot. Belated congratulations.
I never did announce it on this BB. My bad I guess.

Frankie
01-23-2007, 09:34 AM
:$2500:

Frankie
01-23-2007, 09:42 AM
I've been reading his book, and it's a great diet for people with heart problems- it was created by a heart doctor person...

Oh, and the sugar free Popsicles are good, too- they're flavored with splenda, so they don't even taste sugar free. If you, like me, have a caffeine addiction, he allows one diet soda per day, which I'm surprisingly getting used to the taste of.
Yes, the guy is a cardialogist. Fariba is reading the book. She never told me about the Diet soda thing. I need to set her straight.... keeping things from me! ;) I have ben drinking diet pop for years. And I'm used to the taste. In some cases even, I actually think the diet version tastes better than the sugary one. I'm not a coffee addict, but a bit of a tea adict. So as of yesterday, I was drinking decaf tea. I have Equal and Splenda to sweeten it with. But on the Splenda pack it says that it is made from sugar so I have avoided it.

Frankie
01-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Every 3500 calories is a pound. I'm stuck at 11 pounds lost so far. Been there for about a week. Good luck in your quest for thinness.
Dieters' Plateau. They say it takes some time to break it. But it WILL break. Keep up the work.

Phobia
01-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Splenda is actually better for you on low-carb diets than any other artificial sweetener. If you have the Splenda, use it.

Frankie
01-23-2007, 09:47 AM
frankie listen to my friend Fariba she only there to help you out. She'll get you healthy.
I know. She's been absolutely a devoted angel. What's more, she is even excited about taking care of me. I feel blessed and a bit beholding to her. In all my past relationships, I was the nurturing one who took care of the other. This is a new realm for me.

htismaqe
01-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Splenda is actually better for you on low-carb diets than any other artificial sweetener. If you have the Splenda, use it.

According to the specialist my wife just saw at the UofI, there's a documented link now between NutraSweet (aspartame) and headaches. Atkins says that aspartame has an adverse affect on blood sugar and insulin production. So yea, Splenda is probably a better idea.

Iowanian
01-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Of course she married him and is acting nice now.

He's got money, and she knows she's one "BOO!" from behind the door from having it all.

Frankie
01-23-2007, 09:50 AM
....Seriously, its an unhealthy diet. Don't buy into this zero carbs crap. Your body needs sugars, its important to keep your blood sugar level balanced, and stable. .....
thanks RB for the concern. But the zero carb part is only for two weeks. After that I can consume some.

Frankie
01-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Of course she married him and is acting nice now.

He's got money, and she knows she's one "BOO!" from behind the door from having it all.
Yeah, all my EMPIRE is hers! My son's too. :hmmm: I seriously should prepare a will.

Iowanian
01-23-2007, 09:54 AM
I'd think so.

She's probably replacing your NITRO pills with some sweet, low carb Antifreeze pills right now.

Frankie
01-23-2007, 09:56 AM
I'd think so.

She's probably replacing your NITRO pills with some sweet, low carb Antifreeze pills right now.
:hmmm:

greg63
01-23-2007, 10:02 AM

Yup; I lost 100lbs on the Atkins diet, and have returned to it after gaining about half of it back.

Redrum_69
01-23-2007, 11:04 AM
So yeah, I guess I need counseling and therapy..and also emotional support

I need emotional support. 01-22-2007 12:37 PM Brock Jokes are only funny when they are within 180 degrees of reality. Shoot yourself in the face ASAP.

Eleazar
01-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Burn more calories than you take in, and you lose weight.

Brilliant!

Eleazar
01-23-2007, 11:14 AM

I tried putting splenda in coffee instead of regular sugar this morning. I'll never do that again. :Lin:

Brock
01-23-2007, 11:17 AM
So yeah, I guess I need counseling and therapy..and also emotional support

Are you seriously going to cry about negative rep after your ridiculous "your mom is a whore" act?

I'm so sorry your feelings were injured. Now, can you stop cluttering the board with this nonsense?

Redrum_69
01-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Are you seriously going to cry about negative rep after your ridiculous "your mom is a whore" act?

I'm so sorry your feelings were injured. Now, can you stop cluttering the board with this nonsense?

depends on how long you are going to drag it out.

i wasnt crying, just sharing the rep i got instructing me to shoot me in the face, when i didnt even ask about shooting myself in the face.

wouldnt you be doing what i did a few posts back? Giving unwanted bias information that may work for you, but might not work for others?

Isnt that what started your whole argument in the first place? The "unwanted information" concerning losing weight from someone who was successful at it.

Ecto-I
01-23-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm a firm believer against fad diets because they are totally unbalanced! There is actually some fast weight loss if you follow them correctly, however the nutritional imbalance is UNHEALTHY for your body, especially your kidneys.

Also, I think total deprivation from certain foods that you like is bad. It makes being on the diet, hell and you won't be able to maintain the weight loss. There are much smarter, healthier, and long term ways to become healthy.

Ecto-I
01-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Please send good vibes to help me through the next two weeks. I'm desparate.

I guess I didn't really help :shrug:

cookster50
01-23-2007, 01:43 PM
NO RICE? NO BREAD?

butt her really nice.

couldnt hurt.....

FYP

Frankie
01-23-2007, 03:22 PM
On a related subject:

http://food.yahoo.com/blog/hungrygirl/1040/little-light-lies/print