PDA

View Full Version : Offensive players to have radio recievers?

tyton75
01-22-2007, 02:54 PM
NFL | Offensive players to have radio receivers in helmets?
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:59:04 -0800

Mark Gillispie, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the National Football League is developing plans to put radio receivers in the helmets of all offensive players, which would enable them to hear the quarterback's signals and line calls. The system is scheduled for testing during the 2008 NFL Europa season. At that point, the league's competition committee will decide whether to implement it in the NFL.

would kinda defeat the purpose of home field advantage a little.. wouldn't it??

jiveturkey
01-22-2007, 02:56 PM
I guess I can tone down all of the yelling now.

Pass the wine and cheese please.

noa
01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
That's a bunch of crap. We fans pay a lot of money to go to those games and the NFL just wants to neuter us.

BigRedChief
01-22-2007, 03:00 PM
That's a bunch of crap. We fans pay a lot of money to go to those games and the NFL just wants to neuter us.
Never happen. Look at all the bad publicity they took on the nose the last time they tried to take crowd noise out of the game.

Archie Bunker
01-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Bad idea

tyton75
01-22-2007, 03:21 PM
its a terrible idea, but I can see how some chucklehead in the front office would say, "it helps speed up the game" or "it improves the quality of the play with less penalties" blah blah

This better not fly!

BWillie
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
HORRIBLE IDEA. I WOULD QUIT GOING TO THE GAMES. That is the whole idea behind home field advantage, and that is why the Chiefs are so great at Arrowhead, because we are great, raucus, rowdy, and crazy fans who yell our asses off. This is BS, and pisses me off more than sending regular season games to Europe. Dispicable.

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Well...this HEAR is another example of the Manning Rule change

Didnt peyton bitch about some shit like this before and rules got changed just for him?

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 03:38 PM

you gotta have balls for that to happen

jidar
01-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Well...this HEAR is another example of the Manning Rule change

Didnt peyton bitch about some shit like this before and rules got changed just for him?

Hrm.. considering his stadium is probably the loudest (damned dome) I would think he wouldn't be so opposed to crowd noise.

Reerun_KC
01-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Hrm.. considering his stadium is probably the loudest (damned dome) I would think he wouldn't be so opposed to crowd noise.

If we pumped in crowd noise like Indy does our stadium would be deafining.

crazycoffey
01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
bad idea

Joe Seahawk
01-22-2007, 04:31 PM
We'll just yell louder..

The 12th man LIVES!!

boogblaster
01-22-2007, 04:44 PM
In reality its probably a new way for OCs to cheat during a play..like telling the QB whos open or a WR his defender has falling down come back to the ball..shit like that is the answer to this technology...

Skip Towne
01-22-2007, 05:46 PM
There would really be no reason to go to the games if they did this. (In case they read this)

stevieray
01-22-2007, 05:51 PM

Between the WR and QB rules, it's just another effort to give offenses even more of an edge.

:shake:

crazycoffey
01-22-2007, 05:53 PM
everyone can buy radio scramblers and turn them on and point toward the field at key intervals of the game, saves our voices and increases the value of the 12th man.

Extra Point
01-22-2007, 05:54 PM
In reality its probably a new way for OCs to cheat during a play..like telling the QB whos open or a WR his defender has falling down come back to the ball..shit like that is the answer to this technology...

Then they just make the replay official flip the switch off after the snap, then on after the play is whistled dead. But how is the guy gonna hear the whistle? That would bring up the need for an extra official, because the replay guy would be too occupied with the switch.

Then you have the designated radio encrypter/listener/spy on either team, to make sure that the OC didn't holler about the open man, then blurt out to their DC about their play calling.

Too much policing, too much interference.

That is so Carl Peterson. It will pass with flying colors, unpoliced, of course.

crazycoffey
01-22-2007, 05:57 PM
I think we should go back to old school, no headsets, no communication sets, just good old fashion, HC talking to OC and DC right on the sideline! Then the OC calls the play to the QB, QB runs back out etc

DaFace
01-22-2007, 06:01 PM

My understanding is that they would be one-way radios from the QB to the players, and that they would cut off once the play is started, though I could be wrong.

It's a stupid idea either way.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
This is a horrible idea. Every team would go to the no huddle.

Demonpenz
01-23-2007, 12:18 AM
being a betting man i like the idea.

FAX
01-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Just change the name of the game to pansyball and get it over with.

Whose idea was this? Manning's?

FAX

stevieray
01-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Just change the name of the game to pansyball and get it over with.

Whose idea was this? Manning's?

FAX

pretty much..defense wins championships...Not For Long

FAX
01-23-2007, 12:25 AM
pretty much..defense wins championships...Not For Long

I noticed that the AFC championship was a low-scoring, defensive battle, Mr. stevieray.

They were probably too busy preparing for playoff games to read Herm's Secrets To Gridiron Success.

FAX

01-23-2007, 12:32 AM
Time to get to work on the jammer we will need to gum up that system.

Chiefs_Fan
01-23-2007, 06:57 AM
Never happen. Next would be a rule about not standing or getting up to go to the pisser becasue it's too distracting to the players.