PDA

View Full Version : What the heck was this about?

el borracho
01-24-2007, 03:39 AM
I woke this morning from a pretty strange dream. It was very emotional and very powerful and when I woke, I seriously had to take a moment to think if any part of it was real. (None of it was, which makes it even stranger to me).

In my dream, I was vacationing in central america. I was walking around when I realized I didn't have my shoes so I went back to the hostel to get them. My room at the hostel was on maybe the third floor (It may have been only the second floor or it may have been the fourth. In any case, it was not the first nor was it more than four). I started to ascend the stairs when the building came suddenly apart. I'm not sure if there was an earthquake or if the building came apart for another reason. I do know that everthing just came off the frame of the building and I somehow managed to grab ahold of the frame and was swaying on the deteriorating shell of the hostel. Somehow, I managed to influence the collapse of the shell and lessen the impact and was not hurt.

Feeling euphoric, I started walking towards to the beach. I don't know quite how to explain it, but I felt an emotional high for multiple reasons, including my recent escape from injury. But more than just that, it was like I felt charmed or as if I were counting my blessings. Anyway, as I'm walking along, still barefoot, I see this girl of about 8 years old sitting just ahead of me. In the dream she seemed strangely familiar, although in real life I don't know any 8 year olds. Just as I realize that the girl is staring at me, she says something to the effect of, "Sorry, I couldn't do more". Those may or may not have been the actual words but the sentiment was definitely "Sorry, I couldn't do more".

I am, of course, very puzzled by this and can't immediately imagine why this girl would say something like that when all of a sudden I realize what she is talking about. This 8 year old girl has been visiting me in my dreams of late and become a close friend. (This is all dream logic, by the way. In real life I don't know any 8 year olds nor have any been in my dreams until this dream). With the realization of who she is comes the realization that in my dreams she and I had experienced some emotionally challenging event and were connected by it, although what the event was I couldn't say. It was very confusing, even in the dream, but it wasn't bad. Actually, I still felt inexplicably euphoric. At the realization that we've met in real life we hugged each other. We were so happy we were both crying. As I sat to speak with her, I saw the girl's mother approaching and thought to myself how strange that must have looked. The last part of the dream was me trying to think of an explanation I could possibly give for this behavior that wouldn't sound crazy.

Well, that was it. What the heck does it mean?

acesn8s
01-24-2007, 03:44 AM
I'm thinking that it means that you will never meet my daughter. lol

Smed1065
01-24-2007, 03:53 AM
because you are a CHIEFS FAN......

el borracho
01-24-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm thinking that it means that you will never meet my daughter. lol
Heh. I knew someone would say something like that but, no, there was nothing sexual about the dream.

boogblaster
01-24-2007, 05:58 AM
Bailiff whack his pee-pee ....

Hammock Parties
01-24-2007, 06:04 AM
Did you recently see Children of Men?

Fairplay
01-24-2007, 06:10 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4hv0zVxOBT0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4hv0zVxOBT0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Extra Point
01-24-2007, 08:28 AM
She's sorry that you're limited every day of your life, the older you get. You escape the structured existence, the run-of-the-mill day-to-day crud, thanks to an open, freethinking mind. (You're barefooted.)

But keep walking barefooted.

Other than that, taper off the hallucinogens before bedtime.

Fire Me Boy!
01-24-2007, 08:34 AM
You want to sleep with your mother.