PDA

View Full Version : Just ran into Trent

kc rush
01-24-2007, 01:29 PM
I was was picking up some meds for my wife and I saw Trent as I was leaving. I didn't want to bug him since he was with his family, so I just told him thanks and good luck next year. He was really cool about it and said thanks back.

Its always interesting to run into players in every day settings. I've seen Derick Alexander a couple of times at Best Buy and once at the Cheesecake Factory. I've also run into Frank White on more than one occassion.

crazycoffey
01-24-2007, 01:31 PM
glad you weren't hootie.......

InChiefsHeaven
01-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Man, that's pretty cool. I wonder how many times he's had some asshat give him crap for this season...hopefully not much at all. That would suck.

Reerun_KC
01-24-2007, 01:34 PM

Hootie would of tried to molest him right there infront of his family!!!

Or said something totally retarded about Huard?

Then agian Hootie might of pulled his wallet out and showed Trent all of Hootie/Huards sex pictures...

Who knows, but one thing is security would of been called to restrain Hootie...

Chiefs_Fan
Way to be cool. I bet those guys just dread coming out in public and having people asking for autographs. When all they want to do is be with their families.

Archie Bunker

Yep. Hootie would have went Harding on him.

crazycoffey
01-24-2007, 01:35 PM
they love trent in st. luis, I live few blocks from his high school. He still does marketing campaigns for insurance companies in the local papers.

I like trent, bummer about the season, hope he makes a good decision to stay or retire, best for him and the chiefs.

My little sister is 17 and googiely eyed over him.

Reerun_KC
01-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Trent was the classiest player for the Chiefs that I ever remember...

crazycoffey
01-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Yep. Hootie would have went Harding on him.

what a great reference. rep

Joe Seahawk
01-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I was hanging out at Collins Pub in Seattle getting lubed up for the Christmas eve Seahawks game against the bolts and I'm B'Sing with the dude sitting next to me (Big dude 6-5 athletic build)

Anyway we are watching the Giants and the Saints game and this cat seems to be really knowledgable about the giants.. He said he used to play football in New York and I said What level of football?

It turns it I was talking to Aaron Pierce who was a tight end in NY and Baltimore, (he's also a former Husky so I knew who he was (although I didn't recognize him)..

We talked for a good long time and I was able to get some good insight about the Giants and some of the people he played with.. He told me he was very close to kicking Brian Billick's ass, if he knew he would get away with it he would have. :ROFL:

kc rush
01-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Hootie would of tried to molest him right there infront of his family!!!

Or said something totally retarded about Huard?

Then agian Hootie might of pulled his wallet out and showed Trent all of Hootie/Huards sex pictures...

Who knows, but one thing is security would of been called to restrain Hootie...

Too funny. I didn't even think about Hootie at the time.

I'm a Trent fan/supporter/apologist, whatever you want to call it, so I wouldn't be rude. If it was a player or person I didn't like, I'd probably just ignore them or walk the other way.

wutamess
01-24-2007, 01:51 PM
I've ran into Dale Carter shopping for greeting cards at Hypermart.

I've ran into DT at some club off of 40 highway & Noland. (wanna say it was named Maniacs).

I used to serve Kevin Ross lunch when he would visit our school when I was in the 4th grade.

Ran into Tony Richardson a coupla years ago while his sons football team was playing ours.

Play basketball & softball with J.C. Pearson & Danan Hughes occasionally.

I think that's it.

kc rush
01-24-2007, 01:55 PM
I forgot one. Deron Cherry was a client at the office my mom works at, so I saw him and his wife there a couple of times (early 90's). I never talked to him because I didn't want to risk getting my mom in trouble.

kc rush
01-24-2007, 01:56 PM

At least you didn't meet him at Have A Nice Day Cafe.

Archie Bunker
01-24-2007, 01:59 PM
I ran into Barry Switzer at Ryan's Steakhouse in Joplin. His boy played QB at MSSC.

Nice guy.

Eleazar
01-24-2007, 02:00 PM
I met Marty at a high school football game. He was really nice to me. I could have only been 10 or 12 at the time.

InChiefsHeaven
01-24-2007, 02:05 PM
I met Len Dawson at a game once, I had one tickets and a hotel stay from a K-Mart in Omaha. One of the cool bennies was you got your picture taken with one of the on-air personalities, and luckily it was Len. He seemed like a really nice guy. I also met Bobby Bell at a VIP tailgate party.

jynni
01-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I met Tony Richardson at Starbucks - he was very nice.

Baby Lee
01-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Just ran into Trent
You didn't step on his foot, did you?

Carlota69
01-24-2007, 02:51 PM
I ran into Christan Okoye in the lobby of my radio station one time. He ended up coming on the air with me. I also ran into Warren Moon in our break room, along with Sugar Ray Leonard.

Tony G I've run into a couple of times. One time at Mandalay Bay--he was all dressed up with some hot babe on his arm, and another when he was hosting some calendar girl contest at the Palms. He was very cool both times, as were the other guys.

BigRedChief
01-24-2007, 02:51 PM
I sat and talked with DT, his buddy and Neal Smith for a half an hour one night after his radio show in the Adams mark.
They were dissing Grbac, the offense etc
I did bug them for an autograph later. They both personalized it to me on the same ball cap. One of my most prized possesions

wilas101
01-24-2007, 02:53 PM
You didn't step on his foot, did you?

ah man. lol

I was going to ask how long he was out for now.

Baby Lee
01-24-2007, 02:59 PM
For teh newbs.

The day after the playoff game in Miami, where Jonathan Hayes alligator armed a TD reception up in the air in the EZ and Okoye had his run into FG range called back on a holding call, we were at Waldenbooks in Bannister Mall. My mom, aware of my consternation, noted that there was a Chiefs players' calendar on clearance and remarked 'guess that's a waste, eh?' Glance behind us and there's Okoye and Hayes at the magazine rack. I turned 8 shades of red and mumbled an apology. They grinned and walked on.

Archie Bunker
01-24-2007, 03:05 PM
For teh newbs.

The day after the playoff game in Miami, where Jonathan Hayes alligator armed a TD reception up in the air in the EZ and Okoye had his run into FG range called back on a holding call, we were at Waldenbooks in Bannister Mall. My mom, aware of my consternation, noted that there was a Chiefs players' calendar on clearance and remarked 'guess that's a waste, eh?' Glance behind us and there's Okoye and Hayes at the magazine rack. I turned 8 shades of red and mumbled an apology. They grinned and walked on.
ROFL

Halfcan
01-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Trent was the classiest player for the Chiefs that I ever remember...

Yep up there with Bobby Bell and Lenny the Cool!

DJJasonp
01-24-2007, 03:15 PM
I sat and talked with DT, his buddy and Neal Smith for a half an hour one night after his radio show in the Adams mark.
They were dissing Grbac, the offense etc
I did bug them for an autograph later. They both personalized it to me on the same ball cap. One of my most prized possesions

Of all the chiefs players I've been around...Grbac was easily the biggest ass of them all.

I remember a time where we were asking for his autograph near the team bus in San Diego...wouldnt even look over at us or come over to the fence to sign things....meanwhile, other players are coming over to chat and sign things.

Which reminds me....When Dan Saleumueau played for us, him and a bunch of players would come out of the bus area and join Dan's family's tailgate.....good times.

Why I was wanting Elvis Grbac's autograph still puzzles me to this day.

ChiefsCountry
01-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Way to be cool. I bet those guys just dread coming out in public and having people asking for autographs. When all they want to do is be with their families.

Right now yeah it is, but the older they get fans will forget. I asked that same question to Gary Spani and said he hardly ever gets bugged now.

Chiefs players I have met:
Albert Lewis - he was nice, I was young though
Eric Warfield - actually he was pretty cool guy, met him at the car wash in Osage Beach
Trent Green - class act
Tony Richardson - see above
Eric Hicks - he was a nice guy as well
Gary Spani - see Trent and Tony
Brian Waters - another nice guy

ZepSinger
01-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Stood next to Christian Okoye at Hooter's. I was taller than him, but had a good 100 lbs. of solid meat on me.

Hung out with Barry Word for a few weeks. My band did a charity gig for him once.

Hmmm, that's about it.

Z

Ecto-I
01-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Screw football players! I once met Anna Kournikova in Montreal. She wasn't looking where she was going and bumped into me. She appologized and signed two autographs for me. I meanwhile sprayed my pants. :drool:

Archie Bunker
01-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Screw football players! I once met Anna Kournikova in Montreal. She wasn't looking where she was going and bumped into me. She appologized and signed two autographs for me. I meanwhile sprayed my pants. :drool:

You win.

crazycoffey
01-24-2007, 04:24 PM
game over

kc rush
01-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Eric Warfield - actually he was pretty cool guy, met him at the car wash in Osage Beach

Is that where he's working now?

Archie Bunker
01-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Is that where he's working now?
ROFL

kc rush
01-24-2007, 04:26 PM
It looks like many people met Okoye. Did anyone get an autographed picture?

kcfanintitanhell
01-24-2007, 04:46 PM
game over

Game.Set.Pants.

PinkFloyd
01-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Met George Brett -- Kevin Seitzer -- Danny Jackson -- and remember seeing a bunch of the Chiefs one weekend at ---- believe it or not ---- a bowling alley.... If I'm not mistaken, it was Lunar Bowl in Blue Springs...

Reason I say Danny Jackson, it was my belief that he's one of the proprietors........

Hope I spelled that right..

SLAG
01-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I ran into jared allen at the gas station.. i didnt know it was him right away but i am an admierier of classic cars.. so all i noticed was this Phat ass Caddy pull up and i kept saying to my self as i pumped the gas that the dude looked like jared allen..

so i went over and said hi.. he was talkin on his cell phone i just said Hi.. and Nice Car... then went about my busniess... I later spoke ill of him for not driving with the top down on such a beautiful day... I also spoke ill of him when i found out he was driving drun

Simply Red
01-24-2007, 06:27 PM

I've ran into DT at some club off of 40 highway & Noland. (wanna say it was named Maniacs).

I used to serve Kevin Ross lunch when he would visit our school when I was in the 4th grade.

Ran into Tony Richardson a coupla years ago while his sons football team was playing ours.

Play basketball & softball with J.C. Pearson & Danan Hughes occasionally.

I think that's it.

What in the hell is Hypermart?

Ecto-I
01-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Game.Set.Pants.
LMAO

stevieray
01-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I've met quite a few players..mostly nice..some not.

just people...

Hootie
01-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Nah, I would never say anything disrespectful to Trent's face. He's an awesome guy.

I just think he sucks at QB for this team now. I can say that on chiefsplanet.com, no problem. But to his face? No way. Maybe if he was an asshole.

Simply Red
01-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Nah, I would never say anything disrespectful to Trent's face. He's an awesome guy.

I just think he sucks at QB for this team now. I can say that on chiefsplanet.com, no problem. But to his face? No way. Maybe if he was an asshole.

He'd kick your ass in front of his wife if you did. :)

Hootie
01-24-2007, 06:32 PM
It would make for a good story I guess...

stevieray

pretty much

Simply Red
It would make for a good story I guess...

lol

RedandGold
01-24-2007, 07:49 PM
What in the hell is Hypermart?

A short-lived Wal-Mart concept, which was basically a Supercenter on steroids. The Supercenter near Bannister Mall (250,000+ square feet) was a Hypermart when it first opened.

Simply Red
01-24-2007, 07:51 PM
A short-lived Wal-Mart concept, which was basically a Supercenter on steroids. The Supercenter near Bannister Mall (250,000+ square feet) was a Hypermart when it first opened.

TY

SLAG
01-24-2007, 07:57 PM

Hypermart was the shit

i have fond memorys of going to the hypermart in topeka when i was a child.

Great times

Jenson71
01-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Cael Sanderson walked past me at the capital in Des Moines about 4 years ago. That was a rush.

TinyEvel
01-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Pretty cool.
I recently met a former NFL lineman on a flight. He was in the middle seat and me in the window.
Really nice guy. Then he fell asleep and spilled over in to my seat.

Ralphy Boy
01-24-2007, 10:17 PM
best I ever got was a conversation with Gansz Jr about Dante back a couple years ago at Nick & Jakes in OP. Used to see JC Pearson at Summit Fitness quite a bit working out.

Dunit35
01-24-2007, 10:20 PM
The only thing cool for me happened at my grandpas wedding. He had us stay at a hotel where the draft class with Ryan Sims was at. I would go to the lobby and a bunch of people were playing playstation. The next day I went to the pool and this hot ass spanish chick was swimming and I met her talked to her for a few minutes only to find out that her boyfriend was KC's 7th round pick Maurice Rodriguiez. I met him and got invited to play ps2 with them. Never did play ps2 though...missed out on meeting all of them.

kcfanintitanhell
01-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Back in the early '80's, when I was living in LA, I was travelling back home after spending a week with my mom and dad in KC. I was sitting next to a black guy and noticed he was wearing this humungeous ring, which immediately became my invitation to a conversation he was most happy to join in on, thank God.
His name was Skip Thomas, and was a cornerback for the Raiders back when Plunkett was playing. He had some real estate investments in KC and was on his way home-was actually thinking of moving to KC in the near future.
We started talking football, and he said that pussies like Lynn Swann were going to change the way the defensive secondary was going to be able to defend the pass. A very succint look at things.
I looked at that ring, and asked him how much it was worth. He said that he had no idea.
I told him I was a Chiefs fan, and he grinned and asked me if I wanted to put that ring on my finger.
I said, yes, and Skip Thomas gave me his SuperBowl ring and I put it on my finger, and it was heavy, and burned. Although it was a ring from a SuperBowl the Raiders won, I'll never forget that this guy took that ring off his finger and let me wear it for 5 minutes.

ChiefaRoo
01-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Back in the early '80's, when I was living in LA, I was travelling back home after spending a week with my mom and dad in KC. I was sitting next to a black guy and noticed he was wearing this humungeous ring, which immediately became my invitation to a conversation he was most happy to join in on, thank God.
His name was Skip Thomas, and was a cornerback for the Raiders back when Plunkett was playing. He had some real estate investments in KC and was on his way home-was actually thinking of moving to KC in the near future.
We started talking football, and he said that pussies like Lynn Swann were going to change the way the defensive secondary was going to be able to defend the pass. A very succint look at things.
I looked at that ring, and asked him how much it was worth. He said that he had no idea.
I told him I was a Chiefs fan, and he grinned and asked me if I wanted to put that ring on my finger.
I said, yes, and Skip Thomas gave me his SuperBowl ring and I put it on my finger, and it was heavy, and burned. Although it was a ring from SuperBowl the Raiders won, I'll never forget that this guy took that ring off his finger and let me wear it for 5 minutes.
and now for the part of the story Kc fan doesn't like to tell...
During that 5 minutes he savagly sodomized me in the lavatory while saying "how do you like that Lynn Swann?" over and over. It hurt, but it was worth it since I got to wear the ring.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/buyingguy/handy.jpg

Seriously, cool story.

Jenson71
01-25-2007, 12:16 AM
One time, Mean Joe Greene and I shared a Coke.

MichaelH
01-25-2007, 05:45 AM
Not living near the KC area, I've never met any Chiefs players. But I met and ate dinner with Billy Cunningham at my Grandmother's house about twenty years ago. I also met Joe Namath at a Jets game when I was very young but don't remember much about it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Jerrell Wilson taught me how to kick a football when I was five years old. He and my dad had a cabin togother at grand lake. He loved to water ski and we have family pictures of him in the boat and stuff. I was too young to remember.