PDA

View Full Version : Roaf on the News?

bsp4444
01-26-2007, 08:51 AM
While I was still groggy this morning, I saw a news blurb on KCTV5 and they were showing several clips featuring Willie Roaf. Did anyone catch this? Are they talking about a possible return?

Not trying to start any rumors, but I just didn't catch any of the story line.

BigRedChief
01-26-2007, 08:58 AM
He was on the radio and he left open the possibility of coming back next season. Said he was feeling better and that it had not been ruled out. Something like that.

HemiEd
01-26-2007, 09:04 AM
He was on the radio and he left open the possibility of coming back next season. Said he was feeling better and that it had not been ruled out. Something like that.

I wonder if Will Shields will believe it?

BigRedChief
01-26-2007, 09:07 AM
I wonder if Will Shields will believe it?
It was one of those things like..............
I'm still retired. I love being with my kids etc...the announcers keep prodding him and he says what I posted above. The way it sounded to me was not as positive as they made it out to be.

bsp4444
01-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Why can't the media just report, instead of creating stories that aren't really there?

Pants
01-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Why can't the media just report, instead of creating stories that aren't really there?

Because everyone needs a paycheck. What do you want them to report every day? "In other news, Willie Roaf is still retired. Stay tuned to see whether he changes his mind any time soon!"

bsp4444
01-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Because everyone needs a paycheck. What do you want them to report every day? "In other news, Willie Roaf is still retired. Stay tuned to see whether he changes his mind any time soon!"

The absence of news does not require that they report non-news.

Pants
01-26-2007, 09:19 AM
The absence of news does not require that they report non-news.

It doesn't. But they want a paycheck just like you and I.

Brock
01-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Or Roaf could just say "No" when asked for an interview. That would probably be a first.

bsp4444
01-26-2007, 09:25 AM
It doesn't. But they want a paycheck just like you and I.

I agree with that, and I don't think they're doing anything different than anyone else. I just think journalism has taken a turn for the worse and it has been going on for a long time.

But, I digress, I did not start this thread to rail on the reporters, just to see if it was a serious report or not, and it looks like it was not.

Pants
01-26-2007, 09:27 AM
I agree with that, and I don't think they're doing anything different than anyone else. I just think journalism has taken a turn for the worse and it has been going on for a long time.

But, I digress, I did not start this thread to rail on the reporters, just to see if it was a serious report or not, and it looks like it was not.

For sure, for sure.

patteeu
01-26-2007, 09:51 AM
I just think journalism has taken a turn for the worse and it has been going on for a long time.

This statement strikes me as funny. LMAO

siberian khatru
01-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Or Roaf could just say "No" when asked for an interview. That would probably be a first.

That would help.

If Roaf were the final piece needed to get the Chiefs to the Super Bowl next year, I'd beg and plea and shove a ton of money at him. But I sincerely believe they're not that close, so why bother pining for a guy who at best is a one-year solution to just one position of need? And who hasn't seemed all that interested in playing, to boot?

It's long past time to move on. Get younger and keep Hermifying the team. Not that I endorse the Herm philosophy, but he's gonna be here the next several years whether we want him or not, so we might as well get the team oriented toward his ways and hope for the best.

tomahawk kid
01-26-2007, 09:58 AM
That would help.

If Roaf were the final piece needed to get the Chiefs to the Super Bowl next year, I'd beg and plea and shove a ton of money at him. But I sincerely believe they're not that close, so why bother pining for a guy who at best is a one-year solution to just one position of need? And who hasn't seemed all that interested in playing, to boot?

It's long past time to move on. Get younger and keep Hermifying the team. Not that I endorse the Herm philosophy, but he's gonna be here the next several years whether we want him or not, so we might as well get the team oriented toward his ways and hope for the best.

I agree.

Time to move on and get younger.

Archie F. Swin
01-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Willies timing is shite

Stinger
01-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey could we interview Hugh Douglas too. I heard he might be available again :rolleyes:

Kerberos
01-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Willie is just playing with CP and trying give him a woody thinking of possibilities of Roaf returning like the prodigal son.

:whackit:

Archie Bunker
01-26-2007, 11:03 AM
If Roaf wanted to play a year or 2 while the Chiefs groomed a decent replacement, I wouldn't stop him.

FloridaMan88
01-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Move on already

Brock
01-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Move on already

How ironic

FloridaMan88
01-26-2007, 12:33 PM
How ironic

The Chiefs should never have moved away from the Vermeil/Saunders approach on offense so there is nothing ironic about that

Calcountry
01-26-2007, 12:34 PM
If Roaf wanted to play a year or 2 while the Chiefs groomed a decent replacement, I wouldn't stop him.Well, if he wants to come back, I would make a few things clear to him.

You WILL show up to training camp this year, and you WILL sleep in the same arrangements that the other players do.

If you make it out of that, then we will think about letting you start.

Other than that, just STFU and go away already cause you done fiddle fugged us last year and it aint happening again.

We are going into the season with an opening at LT and the dude that competes the hardest for it is going to be our starter.

htismaqe
01-26-2007, 12:35 PM
The Chiefs should never have moved away from the Vermeil/Saunders approach on offense so there is nothing ironic about that

It absolutely is ironic, whether you want to admit it or not.

Rain Man
01-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Well, if he wants to come back, I would make a few things clear to him.

You WILL show up to training camp this year, and you WILL sleep in the same arrangements that the other players do.

If you make it out of that, then we will think about letting you start.

Other than that, just STFU and go away already cause you done fiddle fugged us last year and it aint happening again.

We are going into the season with an opening at LT and the dude that competes the hardest for it is going to be our starter.

Or as an alternative, we say, "Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. Do whatever you want as long as you show up a couple of hours before the game. Now, can we order you a pizza or something?"

Wile_E_Coyote
01-26-2007, 12:42 PM
He just wants out of da house

ChiefsLV
01-26-2007, 12:44 PM

You have to have the minds behind that approach on hand to maintain it. That left with Vermeil/Saunders IMO. It doesn't appear that Solari retained any of it.

Archie Bunker
01-26-2007, 12:46 PM
How ironic
LMAO

88TG88
01-26-2007, 12:48 PM
if he unretires i really hope we dont pick him up

HonestChieffan
01-26-2007, 01:28 PM
len dawsons coming back

chagrin
01-26-2007, 01:32 PM
did we sign ty law yet?

Thread over, thank you all - good night :p

sedated
01-26-2007, 01:33 PM
they said int he same report that Vermeil had dinner with Priest, and it sounded like Priest is coming back too.

:rolleyes: I'm not holding my breath.

Mojo Rising
01-26-2007, 03:59 PM
they said int he same report that Vermeil had dinner with Priest, and it sounded like Priest is coming back too.

I read a re-cap of the Vermeil interview on the Star Board earlier this week. Vermeil also said LJ couldn't block, he blew it drafting DT's, something about wishing he kept Dan Williams and McGlockton b/c he drafted so poorly. And that you don't have to water down the O to make the D good.

He did say that he had dinner with Priest and Priests parents and he says that Priest will play next year.

Halfcan
01-26-2007, 04:23 PM
I hope he unretires so we can trade him for a draft pick. That would be the shit. Welcome back Willie-sorry to send you to the Vikings-pack warm.

HemiEd
01-26-2007, 05:57 PM
It was one of those things like..............
I'm still retired. I love being with my kids etc...the announcers keep prodding him and he says what I posted above. The way it sounded to me was not as positive as they made it out to be.

Always good to hear about X-Chiefs, especially on of his caliber.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Let's bring back Johnnie Morton and trade for John Tait and Tony Richardson! We can reassemble that great 2003 offense just as it was!!

HemiEd
01-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Let's bring back Johnnie Morton and trade for John Tait and Tony Richardson! We can reassemble that great 2003 offense just as it was!!

Johnny Morton was on the 2003 Chiefs?

Hammock Parties
01-26-2007, 06:03 PM

I'll have you know that he was an integral part of that offense with over 700 yards receiving and four touchdowns! :harumph:

HemiEd
01-26-2007, 06:08 PM
I'll have you know that he was an integral part of that offense with over 700 yards receiving and four touchdowns! :harumph:

Damn, I thought it had been longer than that, but you are right. :holdman:

Direckshun
01-26-2007, 06:15 PM
I heard Tony Richardson was unhappy with the Vikes.

And I read that Donnie Eds will be free from the Chargers.

Hog Rider
01-26-2007, 06:21 PM
ironic, ironic,ironic, ironic, ironic, ironic, ironic, ironic...

That's one funny word. Ironic aint it? Aint it Ironic? Ironic it is!

Baby Lee
01-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Thanks for the respiratory status update. :thumb:

the Talking Can
01-26-2007, 06:31 PM
tell Roaf we want him...then he when shows up for training camp say "no thanks"

ILChief
01-26-2007, 08:56 PM

why do i get a mental image of Jake and Elwood Blues saying "We're getting the band back together"?

KC Kings
01-26-2007, 09:18 PM
That's great news! This will allow Carl to use the same plan as last year for the left tackle spot.

sedated
01-26-2007, 09:31 PM

dropped 3rd down pass

HemiEd
01-26-2007, 10:48 PM
dropped 3rd down pass

That explains why I had blocked him out my memory. It is all coming back to me now and I am getting mad again.

****ing gayass worm of his. :Lin:

Extra Point
01-26-2007, 10:54 PM

You think Carl would let that happen? Not enough cap dough. T-Rich deserves to come back. But neither of these guys would ever, ever, come back.

Rain Man
01-27-2007, 03:33 PM
tell Roaf we want him...then he when shows up for training camp say "no thanks"

Or alternately we can drop down onto our knees and beg him to come back so that we can add another two seconds of pass protection time and add half a yard to every LJ carry.

The Bad Guy
01-27-2007, 03:37 PM
You think Carl would let that happen? Not enough cap dough. T-Rich deserves to come back. But neither of these guys would ever, ever, come back.

If Gunther could come back, I never say never to any player returning.

Joe Horn is likely out in NO now too.

We could complete the trifecta and bring back T-Rich, Horn and Donnie.

I think Donnie is the most likely to come back out of all 3. He played well under Gun, has a close relationship still with TG and we have a need in the middle.

I'd welcome him back with open arms after watching Kendra Bell.

vincent
01-27-2007, 03:53 PM
An out-of-retirement Roaf at half speed is still twice as good as a playing hurt Turley, and about 10 times better than an fully healthy Black, IMHO...

tomahawk kid
01-27-2007, 04:01 PM
If Gunther could come back, I never say never to any player returning.

Joe Horn is likely out in NO now too.

We could complete the trifecta and bring back T-Rich, Horn and Donnie.

I think Donnie is the most likely to come back out of all 3. He played well under Gun, has a close relationship still with TG and we have a need in the middle.

I'd welcome him back with open arms after watching Kendra Bell.

You ain't kiddin'.

I could dig my #59 jersey out of storage too.

CHIEF4EVER
01-27-2007, 04:03 PM
An out-of-retirement Roaf at half speed is still twice as good as a playing hurt Turley, and about 10 times better than an fully healthy Black, IMHO...
You made a mistake with your math. Roaf is 10 times better than a healthy Kyle Turdley and 100,000,000 times better than I-65 fully healthy. I think you meant to say "I saw this fat kid in the local High School Cafeteria who is 10 times better than a fully healthy Jordan Black".

Chief Roundup
01-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Willie Roaf playing at left tackle. That is a nice memory. I hope that it stays a memory as well. As good as Roaf is he is at best a 1 yr band-aid.
No thanks.
I sure will be glad when we find his replacement.

vincent
01-27-2007, 04:07 PM
You made a mistake with your math. Roaf is 10 times better than a healthy Kyle Turdley and 100,000,000 times better than I-65 fully healthy. I think you meant to say "I saw this fat kid in the local High School Cafeteria who is 10 times better than a fully healthy Jordan Black".

ROFL ROFL

I guess I gave those two the undeserved benefit of the doubt... The fat kid could have a shot at starter though...