PDA

View Full Version : Lelie hits FA market

Hammock Parties
01-26-2007, 06:15 PM
C'mon...you can't tell me we couldn't use a talented guy like Lelie!

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports has learned that Atlanta Falcons’ wide receiver Ashley Lelie voided his contract on Friday and is now scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. He had play-time incentives that allowed him to void the final year remaining on his contract. This likely makes him the top free agent wide out on the open market.

Lelie became expendable when the Broncos traded for Javon Walker but wanted out before that trade was ever made. Atlanta traded, in essence, RB T.J. Duckett through Washington, for Lelie during the preseason.

Lelie played in 15 games for the Falcons. He had 28 receptions for 430 yards and 1 TD.

The Franchise
01-26-2007, 06:15 PM
He'll just come in and bitch because Eddie Kennison is our #1.

|Zach|
01-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Ah, ha.

No.

Direckshun
01-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Here's the thing, and this is why KC is the least sexiest place in the NFL for a quality WR:

We run.

Run.

Run.

Run.

Run.

Run.

Pass -- albeit it's third down and the entire secondary is covering you.

Run.

Run.

Run.

Pass for three yards to the side of the field.

Run.

Run.

Run.

Run.

|Zach|
01-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Here's the thing, and this is why KC is the least sexiest place in the NFL for a quality WR:

This could be true. Having said that I haven't read any names of quality WRs in this thread.

the Talking Can
01-26-2007, 06:28 PM
puzzy

ass

loser

The Franchise
01-26-2007, 06:51 PM

We run.

Run.

Run.

Run.

Run.

Run.

Pass -- albeit it's third down and the entire secondary is covering you.

Run.

Run.

Run.

Pass for three yards to the side of the field.

Run.

Run.

Run.

Run.

You forgot all of the punts in there. Run, Run, Pass, Punt......repeat

Deberg_1990
01-26-2007, 06:52 PM
You forgot all of the punts in there. Run, Run, Pass, Punt......repeat

We dont need any decent WR's, we have Colquitt!!

Eleazar
01-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Well, after he had such a great season this year, can we afford him?

:rolleyes:

HMc
01-26-2007, 06:59 PM
who'd have thought being the "deep threat" in the falcons O wouldn't translate into loads of yards

kcfanintitanhell
01-26-2007, 07:13 PM
who'd have thought being the "deep threat" in the falcons O wouldn't translate into loads of yards

Yeah, I wonder how many yards he could get with a QB that actually looks for an open reciever downfield for more than a nanosecond before tucking the ball in and running with it.

Easy 6
01-26-2007, 07:58 PM
I dont really want the guy in KC, but i have to say that 430 yards on 28 receptions must make a pretty damn good YPC avg.

ILChief
01-26-2007, 08:59 PM
well, Lelie and Stallworth are both free agents. both are young. both are light years better than any other WR we have.

GET IT DONE, CARL (sign one of these two)

crazycoffey
01-26-2007, 09:07 PM
A talented guy "LIKE" him, yes.

An overpriced WR who drops passes, we could do that with Sammie

FloridaMan88
01-26-2007, 09:32 PM
I can just see it now...

The Kansas City Chiefs have agree to terms with UFA WR Ashley Lelie, the terms of the contract have not been disclosed as per club policy. "Ashley is a fine young man who brings a wealth of playmaking ability to our football team, President/CEO Carl Peterson said in a statement.

Extra Point
01-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Would be a nice pickup. Another guy from Denver with good hands, who can stir the bad Bronco Brew.

But it ain't gonna happen.

|Zach|
01-26-2007, 09:48 PM
well, Lelie and Stallworth are both free agents. both are young. both are light years better than any other WR we have.

Is this a joke? Ashley Lelie is light years better than Eddie Kennison.

You people are crazy.

stevieray
01-26-2007, 09:48 PM
screw this friggen donkey invesco..if he was that hot..he wouldn't be available again after one season...ryan sims of wr's...

Simply Red
01-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Wouldn't make much difference in our offense. In my opinion...

Halfcan
01-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I would pass.

cdcox
01-26-2007, 10:01 PM

Nice parody.

KurtCobain
01-26-2007, 10:27 PM
So, is Stallorth available? He'd be better then lelie and kennison put together. Add him and put Croyle out there for some deep balls.

alanm
01-26-2007, 10:28 PM

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports has learned that Atlanta Falcons’ wide receiver Ashley Lelie voided his contract on Friday and is now scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. He had play-time incentives that allowed him to void the final year remaining on his contract. This likely makes him the top free agent wide out on the open market.

Lelie became expendable when the Broncos traded for Javon Walker but wanted out before that trade was ever made. Atlanta traded, in essence, RB T.J. Duckett through Washington, for Lelie during the preseason.

Lelie played in 15 games for the Falcons. He had 28 receptions for 430 yards and 1 TD.

Swift of foot, hands of stone, end of story.

Brock
01-26-2007, 10:31 PM

Ashlie Lelie is barely better than Samie Parker.

edit: Ha ha, he's not even better than Parker. LOL

KurtCobain
01-26-2007, 10:33 PM
wrlineup next year should be Stallworth, Kennison, Webb, Parker, Hall

Chiefs Pantalones
01-26-2007, 10:33 PM
So, is Stallorth available? He'd be better then lelie and kennison put together. Add him and put Croyle out there for some deep balls.

I would imagine his homie, McNabb, would be ticked if Stallworth left.

Extra Point
01-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Just need to put more pine tar on our receivers' hands.

I sure hope this Webb guy works out.

I wouldn't shrug at putting Cruz in to receive kicks. At least he's smart enough to follow the wedge to the 30.

HemiEd
01-26-2007, 10:43 PM
screw this friggen donkey invesco..if he was that hot..he wouldn't be available again after one season...ryan sims of wr's...

I could not agree with you more[/Adam Shein]

01-26-2007, 10:49 PM

Ummmmm, no.

listopencil
01-26-2007, 11:07 PM
#3WR.

Easy 6
01-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Lelie = Alvin Harper

When motivated he can be a solid #2, problem is, we already have a roster full of #2's.

MYKCCHIEFS
01-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Can he play Defensive Tackle?

crazycoffey
01-27-2007, 12:43 AM
why do we keep responding to Gochiefs' threads?

I propose a night crew thread topic highjack law!

If any of us see him come up with a good topic than one of us makes another thread, albeit a repost, but instantly gains support from any and all night crewer.

Sure-Oz
01-27-2007, 02:21 AM
I'd take Stallworth in a second.....too bad we wouldn't be able to utilize him.

dj56dt58
01-27-2007, 02:43 AM
A talented guy "LIKE" him, yes.

An overpriced WR who drops passes, we could do that with Sammie
eh...Leli drops passes but he actually catches a couple a game as well...

Smed1065
01-27-2007, 02:48 AM
I would pass.

At least someone will pass this season........

I hope it is the Chiefs...
:drool:

Hootie
01-27-2007, 09:18 AM
I think we'd be pretty stupid if we didn't make a run at Donte' Stallworth...

Hootie
01-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Stallworth has been a beast every year of his career, his only problem is staying healthy.

When the guy is healthy, he's an elite wide receiver.

Brock
01-27-2007, 09:44 AM
I think we'd be pretty stupid if we didn't make a run at Donte' Stallworth...

We won't be making a run at Donte' Stallworth....

Hootie
01-27-2007, 09:46 AM
We won't be making a run at Donte' Stallworth....
Is that Brock speculation, or is that fact?

I read the other day that the Eagles are unlikely to resign him.

I would rather have a taller possession receiver, but it seems as if Kennison has pretty much became a possession receiver over the last few years rather than the deep threat he used to be.

Brock
01-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Is that Brock speculation, or is that fact?

How long have you been following the Chiefs?

Hootie
01-27-2007, 09:52 AM
How long have you been following the Chiefs?
Well I understand that...

But I think Carl is smart enough (no joke) to not draft a wide receiver in the first round.

I also know he realizes we need a receiver. So, the Chiefs are going to sign SOMEONE, and SOMEONE better than Rod Gardner.

They could sign Stallworth, a proven star with a good attitude.

Or they could sign Lelie, a headcase who really isn't all that good and is one dimensional.

Or they could look elsewhere.

I'm sure option #3 is the most likely, but Stallworth would definitely be nice.

StcChief
01-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Stallworth yes. Lelie no.....

saying that Carl will get Lelie cause he will go cheaper.

Sure-Oz
01-27-2007, 11:27 AM
I don't see why the eagles wouldn't re-sign him...they had a pretty good core of WR's esp with him in. When mcnabb was in Stallworth was on fire/.