PDA

View Full Version : Good-bye Columbia, Hello Lexington...

Mosbonian
01-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Well, it looks like the Mmaddog clan will be moving once again. I've been offered a job in Lexington, KY and have accepted it. My family and I will be moving the latter part of next month...

Guess I will have to buy myself the NFL Direct Ticket so I can watch my Chiefs....

mmaddog

greg63
01-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Congrats mmaddog! :toast:

Extra Point
01-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Welcome to Bengals country!

Mr. Kotter
01-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Well, it looks like the Mmaddog clan will be moving once again. I've been offered a job in Lexington, KY and have accepted it. My family and I will be moving the latter part of next month...

Guess I will have to buy myself the NFL Direct Ticket so I can watch my Chiefs....

mmaddog

Congrats, man. :clap:

What's your line-of-work again? :hmmm:

Phobia
01-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Congrats man.

Lexington is pretty country.

Halfcan
01-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Good luck dude, you will be missed!

greg63
01-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Good luck dude, you will be missed!

I don't think he said he was leaving the "Planet".

Mosbonian
01-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Congrats, man. :clap:

What's your line-of-work again? :hmmm:

I work in Credit....I'm actually going to be the Senior Credit Manager for ARAMARK, the Uniform/Food Concessions giant.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
01-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Welcome to Bengals country!

I will NEVER, EVER acknowledge that the Bengals exist....

mmaddog

Halfcan
01-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Cool, can you get me a beer vendor uniform exactly like they use at Arrowhead?

That would really come in handy on Sundays.

Mr. Kotter
01-26-2007, 11:44 PM
I work in Credit....I'm actually going to be the Senior Credit Manager for ARAMARK, the Uniform/Food Concessions giant.

mmaddog

Wow. I was thinking credit, or truck-driver....but that's SNR now that I think about it. Good for you. Awesome. :clap:

Mosbonian
01-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Wow. I was thinking credit, or truck-driver....but that's SNR now that I think about it. Good for you. Awesome. :clap:

My dad, grandpa, and uncles were all truck drivers....I decided that line of work wasn't for me.

mmaddog

boogblaster
01-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Bye mmad, keep your heart in missouri, your mind on business, your soul on family and your ddog buried deep in pie... GO CHIEFS ...

RJ
01-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Cool, can you get me a beer vendor uniform exactly like they use at Arrowhead?

That would really come in handy on Sundays.

Brilliant!

Mosbonian
01-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Bye mmad, keep your heart in missouri, your mind on business, your soul on family and your ddog buried deep in pie... GO CHIEFS ...

a wise piece of advice.... :thumb:

mmaddog

kcfanintitanhell
01-27-2007, 01:03 AM
I think that once you've been there for a little while, you'll love it.

Mosbonian
01-27-2007, 06:58 AM
I think that once you've been there for a little while, you'll love it.

It seemed to be a very nice place the couple of times I have visited there...

mmaddog

Iowanian
01-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Don't worry.
I'm sure they acknowledge the marraige of first cousins there also.

Congrats on the job.

morphius
01-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Good luck with the move man.

StcChief
01-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Good luck down in horse country.

cdcox
01-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Just don't let your people marry into their people:

· 40% of Kentucky’s working age population (1 million) is at the two lowest literacy levels I
and II – not being able to read at all or at very limited to moderate levels.
· Two-thirds of Kentucky’s counties have 40% or more of their working age population at
levels I and II literacy; in 10 counties 50% or more of the working age population is at levels
I and II literacy.
· Continued high dropout rates from secondary school continue to feed the problem.
· Low literacy levels of parents relate directly to the education of children and youth. Children
of parents with low literacy levels are five times more likely to drop out of school.
· Illiteracy is a pervasive condition affecting every dimension of Kentucky life.

www.lrc.ky.gov/lrcpubs/Rr296.pdf

Manila-Chief
01-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Congrats!

I think whether you and/or your family enjoy living there will depend upon the attitude you have towards the place. If you are excited (it sounds like you are really pumped) then you & your family will discover the unique features that will make life special. When we went to the Philippines over 30 years ago much of the rural areas of Mindanao reminded me of the "old west" in the movies... no electricity or other services ... but, there was always something unique about each city that we were excited to experience. Our kids fed off of our attitude.

Go for the gold (or is it goal) man.

Mosbonian
01-27-2007, 11:33 AM

· 40% of Kentucky’s working age population (1 million) is at the two lowest literacy levels I
· Two-thirds of Kentucky’s counties have 40% or more of their working age population at
levels I and II literacy; in 10 counties 50% or more of the working age population is at levels
I and II literacy.
· Continued high dropout rates from secondary school continue to feed the problem.
· Low literacy levels of parents relate directly to the education of children and youth. Children
of parents with low literacy levels are five times more likely to drop out of school.
· Illiteracy is a pervasive condition affecting every dimension of Kentucky life.

You should have read what people were trying to tell me about NC and SC when I was moving there.

mmaddog

cdcox
01-27-2007, 11:54 AM
You should have read what people were trying to tell me about NC and SC when I was moving there.

mmaddog

Just ribbing you. I live about 150 mi south in Knoxville, TN.

Rain Man
01-27-2007, 03:26 PM

I and II literacy.

I bet there's one county where all of the geniuses congregate, and in that county they have flying cars and self-cleaning houses and perfect lawns that never need mowing and tasty, inexpensive barbecue.

StcChief
01-27-2007, 04:29 PM
I bet there's one county where all of the geniuses congregate, and in that county they have flying cars and self-cleaning houses and perfect lawns that never need mowing and tasty, inexpensive barbecue.

Rainman, what ever your smokin' send some this way....

We didn't call it Ken-turkey in college for nothing....

The folks are real nice down there, just not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Mosbonian
01-27-2007, 04:45 PM

Yeah...that's the place I'm moving to.... :)

mmaddog

Mosbonian
02-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Visited Lexington again.....cold as hell. I think I took the cold weather with me.

Pretty place though.....I know my daughter is excited about moving there, since she wants to learn the Equestrian Arts.

The only problem I see is that there are way too many Bengals fans there....and they don't seem to like it when they see Chief's red.

mmaddog

Bearcat
02-10-2007, 10:21 PM

They spend all that time, effort, and money to make "Kentucky Wildcats" with tshirts for the game tonight, but it takes the Gators to come in and tell them what it spells ROFL