PDA

View Full Version : Got My Season Ticket Bill In Today's Mail

gblowfish
01-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Ouch!

The letter that was sent was interesting this year. They sent a small, flimsy arrowhead shaped patch with the letters "LH" where usually the "KC" is. The letter said it was "for your loyalty as a season ticket holder." Gee thanks. How much did this set you back? 25 cents, maybe?

Letter also said season tickets would cost less than single game tickets. Yeah? I'll bet there'll be a lot of season ticket holders trying to dump their December games just like last year. The Jacksonville game on New Years Eve looked pretty sparse upstairs in the corners. I'll bet the Chiefs get desperate to avoid a blackout this year, and dump seats cheap at the last minute.

I also get 10% off Chiefs website merchandise until July 1st. Whoo Hoo!!!

And I get first dibs on Northwest Missouri State vs. Pitts State tix. Again, Whoo Hoo!!!

Other than that, I get to kiss off another $3 grand. Parking went up again, and the place is going to be torn up with construction next year. Pay more, get crappier access and worse gridlock. Thanks a bunch.

The most telling thing in the letter is it isn't signed by King Carl. It's just signed "Kansas City Chiefs Football Club, Inc." So apparently King Carl doesn't want to send me a personal letter telling me I'm the Best Fan in the NFL. Dang. I so look forward to that every year.

I have a feeling 2007 is going to be bad to mediocre. All the front office seems to care about now is stadium rennovation. Since our fans only expect the playoffs once every five years or so, heats off for awhile.

Man, it sure would be nice if Clark Hunt would grow a pair and set fire under some asses. At this point, dreams are all we've got.

L.A. Chieffan
01-27-2007, 01:22 PM
If you don't want em I'll take em. :D

ChiefsFanInIndy
01-27-2007, 01:28 PM
It will be interesting to see what single games cost.

Spott
01-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Damn, 3 grand for season tickets? I pay 39 bucks a game to sit in row 4 of the endzone to see Jacksonville play.

Calcountry
01-27-2007, 01:51 PM
$375/per ticket if it is only one ticket. 187.50 if you are talking about a pair of tickets. Where do you sit?

Brock
01-27-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm going to be monitoring this penguins situation very closely.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
01-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I thought the LH arrowhead patch was pretty cool.

Stewie
01-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Did they enclose a picture of Ryan Sims?

Phobia
01-27-2007, 02:08 PM
I think you should "cover" the letter as though Carl himself had written it.

I always enjoy these threads. Please consider my request.

gblowfish
01-27-2007, 02:59 PM
$375/per ticket if it is only one ticket. 187.50 if you are talking about a pair of tickets. Where do you sit?
Three Seats plus parking.
Here's where I sit.
You can look it up.
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/Chiefspage10.html

Deberg_1990
01-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Other than that, I get to kiss off another $3 grand.

Nobody holds a gun to your head and tells you to renew.

Calcountry
01-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Nobody holds a gun to your head and tells you to renew.What else is he going to do with 3K anyway?

He has to spend it on something.

Extra Point
01-27-2007, 04:17 PM
My TV looks better and better! Wife's work gives her two tix per season. She took one of the daughters last year. This year, she can take my son.

What with my son's last year in HS, I'll have much greater enjoyment Friday nites.

Eleazar
01-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Nobody holds a gun to your head and tells you to renew.

No kidding. If you don't want them don't renew...

StcChief
01-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Find someone to split the season with :)

Otter
01-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I'll bet the Chiefs get desperate to avoid a blackout this year, and dump seats cheap at the last minute.

And they would change business as usual why else?

Being a loyal fan is one thing. Blindly following a group of proven losers because it's what you're 'supposed' to is another.

Do yourself and the city a favor and make them have a reason to change and become a competitor.

Dartgod
01-27-2007, 04:44 PM
I thought the LH arrowhead patch was pretty cool.
I did too. I'm going to put it on my ChiefsPlanet hat.

Frazod
01-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Three Seats plus parking.
Here's where I sit.
You can look it up.
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/Chiefspage10.html

Holy shit, looks like you have some of the best seats in the stadium. Must be nice.

CHIEF4EVER
01-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Nice seats bro. If you don't want to renew........I want your tickets :D

crazycoffey
01-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Nice seats bro. If you don't want to renew........I want your tickets :D

yeah, he could probably hold an auction thread for the highest bidder.

I would try to keep up, but probably fall behind too quick.

gblowfish
01-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I'll renew.
The Chiefs are what I do for fun.

Still doesn't mean I shouldn't get pissed off that King Carl raised prices just about every year.

When I took over the family tix from my dad, they were $16.50 each.
Now they're like $85. That's about a four-fold increase in 15 years.
I don't know about you, but I don't make four times more money now than I did in 1992.

And all you guys who say "Oh, I want the tickets...." You're always conspicuously missing in action in December when its 30 degrees and pissing down freezing rain. Nobody's knocking anybody over for seats on days like that. It's always, "no thanks, I've got a good seat right here in front of my TV." We'll see how a blackout or two affects that attitude.

I put my money up months in advance, and go rain or shine. So I'll save this thread. And maybe someday if I have the flu and its freezing rain, and the Chiefs are 5-8, I'll e-mail y'all and see how many of you want to part with $300 for a day of exciting Chiefs football in December.

Remember, King Carl says if you ain't got season tickets, you're not a "real fan." You can talk the talk or walk the walk. Hey, that's how the "Kansas City Chiefs Football Club, Inc" feels about it.

I'd just like more than two playoff appearances in 10 years for my investment. So I think I have a right to vent.

morphius
01-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Have to wonder if your tickets are going up $5 a game, how much are they going to up the price for everyone else...

Extra Point
01-27-2007, 06:19 PM
And vent you shall. Blackout days are for work. You don't need to be a real fan to be there. Carl doesn't have a five year plan anymore, so I guess if he was a "real" manager, we would have won the SB, but attendance would have gone down, he would have lost his job, and we'd be bitching about the current manager.

I don't make 4 times the paycheck I made 15 yrs ago, either. But I still have the same TV. And it works great.

Man, to each his/her own.

morphius
01-27-2007, 06:31 PM
And vent you shall. Blackout days are for work. You don't need to be a real fan to be there. Carl doesn't have a five year plan anymore, so I guess if he was a "real" manager, we would have won the SB, but attendance would have gone down, he would have lost his job, and we'd be bitching about the current manager.

I don't make 4 times the paycheck I made 15 yrs ago, either. But I still have the same TV. And it works great.

Man, to each his/her own.
I don't want people to give up their tickets, because if they do then we are closer to being blacked out, and I can't afford to go to the games.

Eleazar
01-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Only you can rectify this situation. And it is those people who take it lying down more than anyone that are the reason Carl is still GM.

"Oh, my husband won't stop beating me. But no, of course I'm not going to leave him..."

CHIEF4EVER
01-27-2007, 06:56 PM
And all you guys who say "Oh, I want the tickets...." You're always conspicuously missing in action in December when its 30 degrees and pissing down freezing rain. Nobody's knocking anybody over for seats on days like that. It's always, "no thanks, I've got a good seat right here in front of my TV." We'll see how a blackout or two affects that attitude.

Any day you don't want to go just PM me and I will be waiting with cash money for that game. I don't give a rats ass what our record is at that point either. 119 row 1 are quality seats. Let me know.

Spott
01-27-2007, 07:08 PM
When I took over the family tix from my dad, they were $16.50 each.
Now they're like $85. That's about a four-fold increase in 15 years.
I don't know about you, but I don't make four times more money now than I did in 1992.

Just think, in those 15 years, they've played in 4 times as many Super Bowls that they did in the previous 20.

4x0=0

:)

papasmurf
01-27-2007, 09:10 PM
did you also notice that they were for 7 0r 8 reg season games. I will be pissed if we lose a home game.

Deberg_1990
01-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Do yourself and the city a favor and make them have a reason to change and become a competitor.

Well said, i wish about 70,000 people or so felt the same way. Although, there would probably be another 70,000 waiting in the wings...

Yeah, I'll renew.
The Chiefs are what I do for fun.

I feel ya man.......Carl has everyone by the balls and he KNOWS IT.

Chiefs are an addiction. I just wish the Hunt family knew that Carl is NOT the reason the faithful keep showing up......They show up in spite of him.

BigRedChief
01-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Damn, 3 grand for season tickets? I pay 39 bucks a game to sit in row 4 of the endzone to see Jacksonville play.
3 season tickets here also. $3,000 a year from our family to King Carl.

mikey23545
01-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Ouch!

The letter that was sent was interesting this year. They sent a small, flimsy arrowhead shaped patch with the letters "LH" where usually the "KC" is. The letter said it was "for your loyalty as a season ticket holder." Gee thanks. How much did this set you back? 25 cents, maybe?

Letter also said season tickets would cost less than single game tickets. Yeah? I'll bet there'll be a lot of season ticket holders trying to dump their December games just like last year. The Jacksonville game on New Years Eve looked pretty sparse upstairs in the corners. I'll bet the Chiefs get desperate to avoid a blackout this year, and dump seats cheap at the last minute.

I also get 10% off Chiefs website merchandise until July 1st. Whoo Hoo!!!

And I get first dibs on Northwest Missouri State vs. Pitts State tix. Again, Whoo Hoo!!!

Other than that, I get to kiss off another $3 grand. Parking went up again, and the place is going to be torn up with construction next year. Pay more, get crappier access and worse gridlock. Thanks a bunch.

The most telling thing in the letter is it isn't signed by King Carl. It's just signed "Kansas City Chiefs Football Club, Inc." So apparently King Carl doesn't want to send me a personal letter telling me I'm the Best Fan in the NFL. Dang. I so look forward to that every year.

I have a feeling 2007 is going to be bad to mediocre. All the front office seems to care about now is stadium rennovation. Since our fans only expect the playoffs once every five years or so, heats off for awhile.

Man, it sure would be nice if Clark Hunt would grow a pair and set fire under some asses. At this point, dreams are all we've got.

Please come back and post when you're over your period....

Halfcan
01-28-2007, 02:03 AM
Yep I got tired of playing the season ticket game with the Chiefs. Went to all the games I wanted (2 for free) and saw them on the road for 1/2 the cost of season tickets.

gblowfish
01-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Please come back and post when you're over your period....
http://tinyurl.com/28olur