01-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Yay Arkansas!!!

Tribal Warfare
01-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Yay Arkansas!!!

notice where Jarrett went to

Hal McRae
01-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Can't blame them....at least we can't accuse them of not knowing the Chiefs greatest need.

I agree, however, that the Chiefs should not "reach that much" for a OT...

But we need to wait for the Combine. Joe Staley, for example, is a total workout freak and could become that 3rd OT in the draft....Maybe Uguh solidifies that spot in Indy?

I disagree with their pick of Jarrett for the Patriots. While they do need more receivers, they have to load up on linebackers, as their crew is getting real old, real fast.

Archie Bunker
01-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Passing on Jarrett and Willis :cuss:

suds79
01-30-2007, 08:12 PM
No way in he!! we pass on Jarrett for Ugoh.

I don't like what I've seen from that guy.

milkman
01-30-2007, 08:18 PM

It would be time to storm the castle.

royr17
01-30-2007, 08:41 PM
http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/MDstat.cfm

if this happens I'll go on a killing spree

Oh yea cause your pimpin Willis right ?

We dont need Willis, we need Offensive Line.

Archie Bunker
01-30-2007, 08:51 PM

I believe Scanlon is a RFA so we must get his replacement early.

Tribal Warfare
01-30-2007, 09:21 PM

BPA- Jarrett

Brock
01-30-2007, 10:00 PM

Great thinking for a reach.

the Talking Can
01-31-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm going to assume CP learned from the LJ pick and is no longer that stupid.

passing on Jarrett....wow

noa
01-31-2007, 01:15 AM
Didn't Ugoh's stock go down after the Senior Bowl?

Line Judge
01-31-2007, 02:00 AM
Draft Tek has Ugoh going in the 3rd round and classifies that pick (~75) as a reach

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2007, 02:59 AM
Some sites have Poz going 14 and claiming that as a value pick when he's probably going to go in the 3rd.

Don't put any stocks in these MDs until after the combine.

redsurfer11
01-31-2007, 05:47 AM

Draft the best player available, regardless of position.

Chiefnj
01-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Didn't Ugoh's stock go down after the Senior Bowl?

Ugoh's value is all over the place depending on which site you look at. I believe Kiper still had him as a late first/early second after the Senior Bowl. IMHO, the kid is very raw and wouldn't be able to start at LOT his first year.

siberian khatru
01-31-2007, 08:34 AM

Exactly.

bsp4444
01-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Draft Tek has Ugoh going in the 3rd round and classifies that pick (~75) as a reach

That's quite an extensive little web site. Thanks for posting it, I found it entertaining.

El Jefe
01-31-2007, 12:15 PM
If we would pick Ugoh over Jarret I would "put a bullet proof vest and shoot myself in the head", thats a good song lol.

Coogs
01-31-2007, 01:42 PM
at least we can't accuse them of not knowing the Chiefs greatest need.

For my money, I'm not sure OT is our greatest need. It is a huge need... yes. But we have several other glaring weaknesses as well. Both sides of the ball.

eazyb81
01-31-2007, 04:27 PM
I understand being upset with the Ugoh pick, but we is everyone on Jarrett's jock? He made his living at USC by using his large frame to shield smaller CBs - he's not going to be able to do that nearly as much at the next level. I don't see the speed needed to separate from NFL DBs and become anything more than a possession receiver.

If it were up to me, I would be looking at Robert Meachem or Sidney Rice instead of Jarrett.

Chiefnj
01-31-2007, 05:05 PM
I understand being upset with the Ugoh pick, but we is everyone on Jarrett's jock? He made his living at USC by using his large frame to shield smaller CBs - he's not going to be able to do that nearly as much at the next level. I don't see the speed needed to separate from NFL DBs and become anything more than a possession receiver.

If it were up to me, I would be looking at Robert Meachem or Sidney Rice instead of Jarrett.

Isn't Rice just another product of Spurrier's system?

HerculesRockefell
01-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Any mock that has Denver taking a CB in the 1st is crap

eazyb81
01-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Isn't Rice just another product of Spurrier's system?

I don't think so, Spurrier hasn't had the chance to fully implement his system thus far as he has not had a very good QB to work with. Rice has everything you look for in a top WR: size, great hands, catches the ball in traffic, separation speed, and excellent body control in the air. I've said for awhile now that he reminds me of Javon Walker or a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald.

Tribal Warfare
01-31-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't think so, Spurrier hasn't had the chance to fully implement his system thus far as he has not had a very good QB to work with. Rice has everything you look for in a top WR: size, great hands, catches the ball in traffic, separation speed, and excellent body control in the air. I've said for awhile now that he reminds me of Javon Walker or a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald.

Jarrett has the X-factor besides running crisp routes ala Terrell Owens or Jerry Rice.

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Jarrett has the X-factor besides running crisp routes ala Terrell Owens or Jerry Rice.

Yep. Separation isn't always about speed...

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 10:23 AM

Eh, can't say I see any TO or Rice in him - more like Mike Williams and Keyshawn.

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Eh, can't say I see any TO or Rice in him - more like Mike Williams and Keyshawn.

So essentially you're admitting that you've bought the hype and haven't watched him play?

The comparison to Mike Williams is downright laughable.

Archie Bunker
02-01-2007, 10:31 AM

Other than the fact that Williams, Keyshawn, and Jarrett are all from USC, I don't see much of a comparison.

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 10:39 AM
So essentially you're admitting that you've bought the hype and haven't watched him play?

The comparison to Mike Williams is downright laughable.

Nah, actually i've seen him play many times. It's hilarious how you get so puffy chested on here when anyone disagrees with you.

How exactly is the comparison "laughable"?

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Nah, actually i've seen him play many times. It's hilarious how you get so puffy chested on here when anyone disagrees with you.

How exactly is the comparison "laughable"?

Puffy-chested? ROFL

I'm telling you the way it is.

Comparing Jarrett to Williams is LAUGHABLE. They don't play anything alike.

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Other than the fact that Williams, Keyshawn, and Jarrett are all from USC, I don't see much of a comparison.

Really? Hmm, okay i'll do my best:

- Same height

- Very similar body structure

- Poor timed speed

- Lack a burst off the line

- Excelled in college by using large frame to their advantage

College and NFL are two different beasts. You need separation speed to get away from NFL DBs; if you don't have it, you better excel in every other facet of the game or you will essentially be a slot/possession guy.

I just don't expect Jarrett to be this dynamic, playmaking WR at the next level, as I don't see his game translating well to the pros.

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Puffy-chested? ROFL

I'm telling you the way it is.

Comparing Jarrett to Williams is LAUGHABLE. They don't play anything alike.

I don't see why you can't discuss it like a normal person, rather than trying to throw around insults - it's just silly.

I've shown how they are comparable, now tell me why i'm wrong.

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Very similar body structure - wrong

They're similar in size, at the time Williams came out. They're body structure isn't similar at all. Hence why Williams was often laughed about as being a potential "undersized TE" in the NFL and the reason why he ballooned up just like they said he would.

02-01-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't see why you can't discuss it like a normal person, rather than trying to throw around insults - it's just silly.

ROFL

He's being nice..he usually calls people retarded or dumb when proving other points..he's knowledgeable about Football..but it's his arrogant condescending delivery that sucks. ;)

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 10:52 AM

What insults?

Already did.

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 10:52 AM
ROFL

He's being nice..he usually calls people retarded or dumb when proving other points..he's knowledgeable about Football..but it's his arrogant condescending delivery that sucks. ;)

Are you stalking me? I'm flattered.

02-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Are you stalking me? I'm flattered.
ROFL Nice!

I'm returning the favor for you stalking me in the Herm threads. ;)

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
ROFL Nice!

I'm returning the favor for you stalking me in the Herm threads. ;)

;)

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Very similar body structure - wrong
Both 6'4", BMW has about 15 extra pounds on him right now, but reasonable people could assume that Jarrett will probably pack on a few more pounds over the next couple years. They're similar in size, at the time Williams came out. They're body structure isn't similar at all. Hence why Williams was often laughed about as being a potential "undersized TE" in the NFL and the reason why he ballooned up just like they said he would.
One weighs 215, the other weighs 230 - yeah, totally different, jeez what was I thinking? LOL

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Both 6'4", BMW has about 15 extra pounds on him right now, but reasonable people could assume that Jarrett will probably pack on a few more pounds over the next couple years.
One weighs 215, the other weighs 230 - yeah, totally different, jeez what was I thinking? LOL

You're talking about WEIGHT.

I weight the same as Priest Holmes. Does that mean I have a similar "body structure"?

Anybody with two eyes can look at Jarrett and look at Williams and deduce that they're not built the same.

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 11:06 AM
You're talking about WEIGHT.

I weight the same as Priest Holmes. Does that mean I have a similar "body structure"?

Anybody with two eyes can look at Jarrett and look at Williams and deduce that they're not built the same.

They're both built like WRs - stop acting like Williams is some pudgy doofus with rolls hanging out of his jersey.

Are you going to address the other similarities I mentioned, or are you just going to ignore them?

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 11:11 AM
They're both built like WRs - stop acting like Williams is some pudgy doofus with rolls hanging out of his jersey.

Are you going to address the other similarities I mentioned, or are you just going to ignore them?

I'm not acting like anything. They're built different. It's obvious.

It's not necessary to address the other similarities because you're right about them - they're the same height, neither is particularly fast.

I take partial exception with the last one. ALOT of college players use their physique to their advantage. It's the ones that DEPEND on it that you worry about. Williams used his size on every play, like a power forward blocking out. Jarrett didn't, he had other ways of getting open.

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 11:18 AM
I take partial exception with the last one. ALOT of college players use their physique to their advantage. It's the ones that DEPEND on it that you worry about. Williams used his size on every play, like a power forward blocking out. Jarrett didn't, he had other ways of getting open.

I disagree - Jarrett did depend on using his frame to shield DBs in college; he had to since he didn't have the foot speed to run past them.

Out of the top 6 WRs in this draft, Jarrett will most likely have the slowest running times, despite being one of the tallest players. There are a few exceptions, but more often than not a top-flight receiver needs excellent speed to be successful in the NFL. Jarrett may be one of the exceptions, but i'm not buying it yet.

Many analysts have made note of the many similarities between Jarrett and Williams, including Scott Wright. Disagree if you want, but don't act as if people are coming up with this stuff out of thin air.

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I disagree - Jarrett did depend on using his frame to shield DBs in college; he had to since he didn't have the foot speed to run past them.

Out of the top 6 WRs in this draft, Jarrett will most likely have the slowest running times, despite being one of the tallest players. There are a few exceptions, but more often than not a top-flight receiver needs excellent speed to be successful in the NFL. Jarrett may be one of the exceptions, but i'm not buying it yet.

Many analysts have made note of the many similarities between Jarrett and Williams, including Scott Wright. Disagree if you want, but don't act as if people are coming up with this stuff out of thin air.

1) I watched Jarrett make several plays that didn't involve him "shielding" against smaller DBs.

2) Straight-line speed and separation are not synonymous. The NFL is littered with 4.3 guys that can't get open. Jarrett has the ability to get open despite his lack of straight-line speed.

3) Here's EXACTLY what Scott Wright says about Jarrett:

When it comes to size, hands, ball skills and production Jarrett has few peers in this draft but he will most likely be pushed down draft boards due to his lack of top end timed speed and the inevitable comparisons to Mike Williams. Regardless Jarrett is simply a football player who will get the job done between the white lines

Doesn't look at all to me like Wright is comparing him to Williams. Quite the contrary actually.

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 11:36 AM
I've talked to Scott quite a bit about Jarrett this year, and here is just one comment he made about him:

Right or wrong the Mike Williams comparisons are going to hang over Dwayne Jarrett's head from now until Draft Day and to be totally honest they do share a number of similarities.

The rest of what you said is opinion and finger-crossing. The fact of the matter is that receivers are much, MUCH more likely to succeed in the NFL if they have elite speed, and Jarrett just doesn't have it.

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Right or wrong the Mike Williams comparisons are going to hang over Dwayne Jarrett's head from now until Draft Day and to be totally honest they do share a number of similarities.

That's hardly a ringing endorsement of your position.

The rest of what you said is opinion and finger-crossing. The fact of the matter is that receivers are much, MUCH more likely to succeed in the NFL if they have elite speed, and Jarrett just doesn't have it.

ROFL

Now you're changing the argument. First, you said to be a top-flight WR in the NFL, you HAVE TO HAVE elite speed. Now you're saying that it's much more likely that you will succeed IF you have it.

Which is it? Because I can still name several top-flight WR's that DON'T have it and many more worthless busts that DO.

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 12:32 PM
R. Jay Soward ran a 4.37. Kevin Kasper ran a 4.38. Freddie Mitchell ran a 4.43.

Chad Johnson ran a 4.54. Reggie Wayne ran a 4.59.

That was 5 minutes worth of searching.

Brock
02-01-2007, 12:47 PM
I bet most teams will still draft a Mike Williams clone pretty highly. The guy has all the attributes except apparently the drive to really play. I'd be pretty happy if the Chiefs ended up with Jarrett.

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 01:06 PM

That's hardly a ringing endorsement of your position.

Now you're changing the argument. First, you said to be a top-flight WR in the NFL, you HAVE TO HAVE elite speed. Now you're saying that it's much more likely that you will succeed IF you have it.

Which is it? Because I can still name several top-flight WR's that DON'T have it and many more worthless busts that DO.Umm, do you have a comprehension problem?

The quote from Scott Wright is certainly an endorsement of my position, since he says in regards to Jarrett and Williams: "to be totally honest they do share a number of similarities."

How the hell is that NOT an endorsement for what I have been saying all along? You originally said there is no comparison between the two.

Furthermore, about elite speed, I said: "College and NFL are two different beasts. You need separation speed to get away from NFL DBs; if you don't have it, you better excel in every other facet of the game or you will essentially be a slot/possession guy. "

Please try and keep up.

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 01:09 PM
R. Jay Soward ran a 4.37. Kevin Kasper ran a 4.38. Freddie Mitchell ran a 4.43.

Chad Johnson ran a 4.54. Reggie Wayne ran a 4.59.

That was 5 minutes worth of searching.

And this proves what again?

I have never once stated that ALL fast wideouts will succeed in the NFL, and ALL receivers with sub-elite speed will fail.

You're just reaching for straws at this point.

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 01:13 PM
And this proves what again?

I have never once stated that ALL fast wideouts will succeed in the NFL, and ALL receivers with sub-elite speed will fail.

You're just reaching for straws at this point.

It proves that in 5 minutes, I found that the two of the top 5 WR's in the league don't have "elite speed".

I'm not reaching for straws at all, and if I wasn't at work, I'd go to the trouble of further proving how overrated your "elite speed" is...

Tribal Warfare
02-01-2007, 01:24 PM
It proves that in 5 minutes, I found that the two of the top 5 WR's in the league don't have "elite speed".

I'm not reaching for straws at all, and if I wasn't at work, I'd go to the trouble of further proving how overrated your "elite speed" is...

don't forget Boldin and Marques Colston

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, I'm done fighting about it anyway. Apparently I "insulted" him, so for that I apologize.

I stand by my opinion that Jarrett <> Williams. Agree to disagree.

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't think it was necessary to "fight" about this anyways - we just disagree.

Jerry Rice and Chris Carter are two other "slow" receivers that went on to have great careers, and i'm sure there are many other exceptions. But personally, I think more often than not, speed is the name of the game for NFL wideouts. If 40 times weren't important, I would assume that scouts and GMs would stop paying attention to it.

But again, who knows; I was completely wrong about Tamba Hali last year.

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 02:02 PM
But again, who knows; I was completely wrong about Tamba Hali last year.

This is where my side of the argument is coming from too, kinda. I've been wrong about alot of players, but one player I was 100% correct about was Mike Williams. I guess I can see why people draw the comparisons, but Jarrett just isn't like Williams in my eyes.

Tribal Warfare
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
like you said eazy, Rice is more "athletic" which means he'll have better measurables that will bump his stock further than Jarrett. Dwayne Bowe and Ginn have better measurables too so Jarrett is a logical possibility for KC, because he is an "average athlete"

Chiefnj
02-02-2007, 08:17 AM
The whole 40 yard dash is a joke. Perhaps you can gain something from the last 20 yards of the race to see if a guy has closing speed, but other than that I don't see how running on a track relates to the football field.

htismaqe
02-02-2007, 09:22 AM
The whole 40 yard dash is a joke. Perhaps you can gain something from the last 20 yards of the race to see if a guy has closing speed, but other than that I don't see how running on a track relates to the football field.

:clap: