PDA

View Full Version : Phil, when are you gonna buy CP from Kyle?

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Seriously. :shrug:

I mean, it's pretty obvious he has "other irons in the fire," so what's going on behind the scenes? Come on, talk to us....man. :hmmm:

I don't post enough anymore to keep up with these things.... :)

|Zach|
01-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Kyle isn't interested in giving up the reins around here...on multiple levels.

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Thread Locked down....in 3 - 2 - 1 .... :banghead:

keg in kc
Damn right. I'm the man. Don't ever forget that.

Oh wait.

Mr. Kotter
Kyle isn't interested in giving up the reins around here...on multiple levels.

That's too bad..... :(

|Zach|
That's too bad..... :(
Couldn't agree more.

boogblaster
01-30-2007, 10:50 PM
What would the going price be if it was on the market...

Bowser
01-30-2007, 10:51 PM

One hundred BILLLLLLLION dollars!!

Mwuhahahahahahahaha!

|Zach|
01-30-2007, 10:52 PM
A few used condoms.

01-30-2007, 10:53 PM
One hundred BILLLLLLLION dollars!!

Mwuhahahahahahahaha!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQ4CweGjUVM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQ4CweGjUVM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

dirk digler
01-30-2007, 10:55 PM
The server has been running great for a while. What is the complaint?

boogblaster
01-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Sounds like it could be had for maybe a personnal favor or two...

Coach
01-30-2007, 10:59 PM

I think the issue is that the server really does bog down big time, especially whenever the Chiefs make a big splash in the off-season (See Ty Law Threads) and also during game day Sunday, where we receive alot of "Server is busy. Please try again."

I think most people on here are wanting to end that stuff, so that they can enjoy the maximum experience of the CP without having to deal with server issues.

morphius
01-30-2007, 11:04 PM
If he would have bought us outright we would all be over at war paint now, and pissed.

dirk digler
I think the issue is that the server really does bog down big time, especially whenever the Chiefs make a big splash in the off-season (See Ty Law Threads) and also during game day Sunday, where we receive alot of "Server is busy. Please try again."

I think most people on here are wanting to end that stuff, so that they can enjoy the maximum experience of the CP without having to deal with server issues.

I didn't experience hardly any of that during the playoff game. The server has been running pretty good imo.

Mr. Kotter

No complaint, really. At the moment.

My only point is, Phil seems to "be here;" and, Kyle, has....well, more "important" things to do. :shrug:

Hammock Parties
I've made a generous offer. Everything is proceeding as I have forseen.

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2007, 11:05 PM
If he would have bought us outright we would all be over at war paint now, and pissed.

I suspect he has learned from that "experience".....

Have "we"???? :hmmm:

dirk digler
01-30-2007, 11:05 PM
No complaint, really. At the moment.

My only point is, Phil seems to "be here;" and, Kyle, has....well, more "important" things to do. :shrug:

And that is different how?

Coach
01-30-2007, 11:07 PM
I didn't experience hardly any of that during the playoff game. The server has been running pretty good imo.

Oh, I don't have any problems either, but at the end of Week 17, the server did had issues, especially the trifecta miracle that the Chiefs needed to "back" in the playoffs, especailly during the Denver/SF game at Mile High.

I'm guessing they want to, again in my opinion, to prevent it from happing it again in the 2007 NFL season, or probably the up-coming NFL Draft, which, historically the site has bogged down.

Of course, Kotter has mentioned about being "available" to it's site and all that.

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2007, 11:11 PM
And that is different how?

Phil, at least....cares. He has a vested stake in "all of this," whereas.....Kyle (as much as a man-LOVE his "starting" this place) has, since.....'moved-on'....spiritually, and physically?

I think Phil's heart is just more into ChiefsPlanet, than Kyle's....personally; but that's just me....:shrug:

dirk digler
01-30-2007, 11:12 PM
I am not try to give you a hard time Kotter I am just apathetic.

At one time I cared but not anymore.

the Talking Can
01-30-2007, 11:12 PM
please god no

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2007, 11:17 PM
please god no
What? His first action would likely be....to ban you and Duhnise. :shrug:

Sounds good to me. :)

BigRedChief
01-30-2007, 11:17 PM
I'd be an interested buyer also.

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2007, 11:19 PM
I'd be an interested buyer also.

You, Phil, and Joe (Nzoner) should make a proposal to Kyle.... :clap:

|Zach|
01-30-2007, 11:21 PM
WPI wouldn't even be known around here had their been some form of ownership change. Nobody would have gone anywhere.

FAX
01-30-2007, 11:27 PM
I will chip in tree fiddy.

And one condom.

FAX

morphius
01-30-2007, 11:28 PM
WPI wouldn't even be known around here had their been some form of ownership change. Nobody would have gone anywhere.
That isn't true, we were making fun of Athan for a long time before that.

01-30-2007, 11:29 PM
I would buy a piece of the Planet.

morphius
01-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Phil, at least....cares. He has a vested stake in "all of this," whereas.....Kyle (as much as a man-LOVE his "starting" this place) has, since.....'moved-on'....spiritually, and physically?

I think Phil's heart is just more into ChiefsPlanet, than Kyle's....personally; but that's just me....:shrug:
Phil wants NO part of owning a Chiefs fan site, of that I'm pretty damn sure.

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2007, 11:30 PM
I will chip in tree fiddy.

And one condom.

FAX

I'm good for "Fiddy Sense".....whatever the fugg that is. :shrug:

As long as it's not more than one-half of one dollar....

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2007, 11:32 PM
You'd have NEVER made it in.....sales. :shake:

You take "No. God damn it, no fuggin' way" as "No," when it really translates as "Maybe...." :)

|Zach|
That isn't true, we were making fun of Athan for a long time before that.
I guess my point more so is that a lot of the stuff he was interested in doing for CP...where available over there after he realized nobody was in a position to make CP more than it was.

Needless to say the vision of what WPI might have been and the execution\people involved changed.

But IMO Phil went over to WPI as a last resort.

crazycoffey
I'd be curious, if it was open to share holding, I probably couldn't afford to much.

BTW, I said be curious, not Bi curious, Gochiefs. Just wanted to clarify.

dirk digler
01-30-2007, 11:35 PM
So hypothetically speaking what would everyone like to see changed if Kyle sold it to someone here?

01-30-2007, 11:37 PM
So hypothetically speaking what would everyone like to see changed if Kyle sold it to someone here?
Eliminate the server issues and I would be happy.

morphius
01-30-2007, 11:37 PM
I guess my point more so is that a lot of the stuff he was interested in doing for CP...where available over there after he realized nobody was in a position to make CP more than it was.

Needless to say the vision of what WPI might have been and the execution\people involved changed.

But IMO Phil went over to WPI as a last resort.
Yeah, I know. Pitty we are such a fubar'd mess over here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Phobia seems like a good guy, and I'm not framing this as an attack on him, but why do so many people seem to regard him as an e-messiah, so to speak? This isn't a criticism of the man as much as an inquiry into the affection for his "ruling methods", as it were.

Phobia
01-30-2007, 11:38 PM
I used to be interested in buying out Kyle's half. I don't think I'm interested any longer. Even if I were interested I'm not exactly loaded at the moment. Plus I don't have the passion I used to have. The experience of the past year took a lot out of me and I'm not just talking about the Athan thing either.

I don't even think Kyle would entertain offers. I gave him a pretty generous offer before I joined Warpaint and then another one shortly thereafter and he turned me down each time.

Frazod
01-30-2007, 11:39 PM

I'll buy the place, and pay Phil $500 to run it for me. :titus:

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2007, 11:40 PM
I used to be interested in buying out Kyle's half. I don't think I'm interested any longer. Even if I were interested I'm not exactly loaded at the moment. Plus I don't have the passion I used to have. The experience of the past year took a lot out of me and I'm not just talking about the Athan thing either.

I don't even think Kyle would entertain offers. I gave him a pretty generous offer before I joined Warpaint and then another one shortly thereafter and he turned me down each time.

so kill him.

|Zach|
01-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I know. Pitty we are such a fubar'd mess over here.
Ehh, I am not sure if this is sarcasm...

But I think it would be fun to try and make this place more than it is.

Phobia
Phobia seems like a good guy, and I'm not framing this as an attack on him, but why do so many people seem to regard him as an e-messiah, so to speak? This isn't a criticism of the man as much as an inquiry into the affection for his "ruling methods", as it were.
I'm not sure, I'd be interested in seeing responses to that.

wutamess
Maybe more generous with the help of others hint hint would change his mind. I'd sure as hell be interested into seeing what you could do to this place.

Hammock Parties

His midichlorian count is off the charts. Strong with the force is he.

Frazod
01-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Does Kyle even post anymore? Granted I'm not here 24/7, but I can't remember the last time I saw him online.

dirk digler

If people are so unhappy with Kyle why doesn't anyone start up their own site and everyone move there?

Mr. Kotter
Eliminate the server issues and I would be happy.

That....of course. I've given up coming here on "game days." It's a waste of time.

I understand, it was "better" during this past January.....but I wonder how much of that is due to folks like me, who have just given up, and don't even "try" to get on anymore? I could be wrong.

Otherwise, I think Phil has some "vision" for the place; whereas, it's more of a sentimental connection for Kyle anymore. I'm not saying Kyle doesn't necessarily care anymore....but so many irons in the fire, so little time..... :shrug:

Anyway, I think the place would be maintaining, or even "ascending".....as opposed to descending....JMHO. :hmmm:

wutamess
01-30-2007, 11:43 PM
If people are so unhappy with Kyle why doesn't anyone start up their own site and everyone move there?

No one wants to compete... we'd just love to see this place become more than it is.

dirk digler
01-30-2007, 11:45 PM
No one wants to compete... we'd just love to see this place become more than it is.

If everyone moves there is no competition.

It is not the name that makes people come here and stay it is the members of this board that make it special and unique.

That....of course. I've given up coming here on "game days." It's a waste of time.

I understand, it was "better" during this past January.....but I wonder how much of that is due to folks like me, who have just given up, and don't even "try" to get on anymore? I could be wrong.

Otherwise, I think Phil has some "vision" for the place; whereas, it's more of a sentimental connection for Kyle anymore. I'm not saying Kyle doesn't necessarily care anymore....but so many irons in the fire, so little time..... :shrug:

Anyway, I think the place would be maintaining, or even "ascending".....as opposed to descending....JMHO. :hmmm:
That is why I always go to gameday chat room when I am home for the game.

morphius
Because your the one person who has stepped up here to do anything. You helped start the yearly gatherings, helped with 37 forever and as Zach said, did a good job bringing a lot of things to WPI that many of us here would be interested in doing. Plus you are not a complete moron like some of us, hehe.

Phobia
01-30-2007, 11:46 PM

I don't know who told you that. I couldn't get on at all during gamedays forever - not even during playoff weekends since the Chiefs lost.

morphius
That is why I always go to gameday chat room when I am home for the game.
And why I created the game day chat.

Mr. Kotter

Damn. Something from Zach since his "coming out" (as a self-professed "liberal") that I can agree with....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Phobia
01-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Because your the one person who has stepped up here to do anything. You helped start the yearly gatherings, helped with 37 forever and as Zach said, did a good job bringing a lot of things to WPI that many of us here would be interested in doing. Plus you are not a complete moron like some of us, hehe.
Oh, I'm definitely a complete moron. There's plenty of evidence to support that.

morphius
01-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Oh, I'm definitely a complete moron. There's plenty of evidence to support that.
Which is why I laughed at the end :D

01-30-2007, 11:48 PM
And why I created the game day chat.
And I thank you for it. It would be nice to see the game day chat room used for more than just Chiefs games too. Good place to hang out for all the playoff games and the superbowl.

dirk digler
01-30-2007, 11:49 PM
I don't know who told you that. I couldn't get on at all during gamedays forever - not even during playoff weekends since the Chiefs lost.

I didn't have any problems during the Colts game that I remember. It was slow sometimes but I don't remember getting any "server busy" messages.

There was one day after the Colts game that I couldn't get on for a long time but that was it IIRC.

dirk digler
01-30-2007, 11:50 PM
And I thank you for it. It would be nice to see the game day chat room used for more than just Chiefs games too. Good place to hang out for all the playoff games and the superbowl.

I totally forgot about the chat room I am so use to posting on the game day thread.

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2007, 11:51 PM

See what I mean, folks.....

I didn't even know I'd been told lies about improved game day performance because I no longer.....cared....

Whereas, Phil, obviously....still cares, despite the leave of absence.

I rest my case. :harumph:

I totally forgot about the chat room I am so use to posting on the game day thread.
Blame Daface. He didn't bump the gameday thread of his those last couple weeks. Whats up with that FACE!!! :)

Phobia
I didn't have any problems during the Colts game that I remember. It was slow sometimes but I don't remember getting any "server busy" messages.

There was one day after the Colts game that I couldn't get on for a long time but that was it IIRC.
The first half of the Colts game was okay. The second half and for hours afterwards was impossible.

01-30-2007, 11:52 PM
The first half of the Colts game was okay. The second half and for hours afterwards was impossible.
yep

FAX
01-30-2007, 11:54 PM
I would like to be King of ChiefsPlanet just for one day.

There would be great banning and merging of threads on that day, I tell you.

FAX

Frazod
01-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Why the hell would anyone want to post AFTER the Colts game?

The last thing I wanted to think about was the Chiefs. :grr:

Halfcan
01-30-2007, 11:55 PM
What makes this place worth a million dollars is because of you.

Give yourself a pat on the back.

Frazod
01-30-2007, 11:56 PM
I would like to be King of ChiefsPlanet just for one day.

There would be great banning and merging of threads on that day, I tell you.

FAX

Shit, give me five minutes. :fire:

dirk digler
01-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Is Kyle sensitive to public pressure?

Maybe there should be a sticky topic letting him know how everyone feels?

FAX
01-30-2007, 11:58 PM
How do we feel?

FAX

morphius
01-30-2007, 11:58 PM
If there was enough free disk space I would have upgraded the database myself, but being that DB's are not my expertise and all hell would break loose if I were to screw up this one, well, I don't dare try it.

I have done two software upgrades and added a lot of features, but until Kyle steps up to finish his piece they just sit there. I have a lot of other features planned as well, but until the upgrade it is pointless.

Frazod
01-30-2007, 11:59 PM

OTOH, perhaps we shouldn't bite the hand that feeds us.

01-30-2007, 11:59 PM

WEll, this is his baby. We have to live with his choices. I would hate to see him shut this down because everyone complains about it. I appreciate having the site here and will continue to hope that one day he will get the time to really fix this.

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Why the hell would anyone want to post AFTER the Colts game?

The last thing I wanted to think about was the Chiefs. :grr:

I'm with you. Damn, according to some folks, I'm your big brother. Heh.

Anyway, no way I care to chat Chiefs after an embarrassing loss like that. At least most of the time. Forget about it. That's all that was on my mind.

However, apparently, there were a whole lot of folks who did want to talk here; but were unable. And that, frankly, sucks. It sucks the big one....:shake:

big nasty kcnut
Dang folks kyle does a great job on this place he work hard on it and you all want to run him down cause of a little minor glich. Trust me he does care about this place and when the new stuff come in you'll be eating your words.
Also if we all chipped in a little to help out kyle he would be able to upgrade faster.

FAX
I think a little down time is good for everybody.

FAX

the Talking Can
01-31-2007, 12:01 AM
so....what's wrong with this place?

I still don't see what the fuss is?

dirk digler
01-31-2007, 12:02 AM
OTOH, perhaps we shouldn't bite the hand that feeds us.

If that is the case why are we complaining again for?

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 12:03 AM
Dang folks kyle does a great job on this place he work hard on it and you all want to run him down cause of a little minor glich. Trust me he does care about this place and when the new stuff come in you'll be eating your words.
Also if we all chipped in a little to help out kyle he would be able to upgrade faster.

Kyle IS a great guy, for starting this place. No one is "running him down."

It's time he let this place "out of the nest" though. Time to move on....for us, and for him, maybe....if his passion and wealth lies elsewhere.

No bad feelings; no regrets. Kinda like your "first"....it was still "good." :)

FAX
Complaining is nature's way of frustrating you further.

FAX

I keep hearing that it is NOT a money issue but rather a time issue. I have no problem chipping in a little to help out if it is needed.

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 12:05 AM
so....what's wrong with this place?

I still don't see what the fuss is?
It's simply not as much "fun" as it use to be....nothing "wrong," just wondering about can't it "be better?" I say, an emphatic...."probably." :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2007, 12:07 AM
It's simply not as much "fun" as it use to be....nothing "wrong," just wondering about can't it "be better?" I say, an empahtic...."probably." :)

what made it so much "better" in the past?

I hear a lot of pining from originals about the days of yore, and I wonder if it is b/c those days were truly better, or just the constant desire to angelicize nostalgia.

crazycoffey
let me know if I can do anything, I'm here all day, most nights. Give me a key, I'll tidy up before I leave.

morphius
people have chipped in here at least a couple times in the past. I have added more advertising to the new version that would help bring in a bit more money for him, and we have had offers from outside advertisers. I also offered to set up an Chiefs store where he would get a share of the profits and actually have to do nothing. None of that changed anything.

From what he said it sounded like he had the upgraded hardware ready, I'd be excited to get on it and see if it could handle the load. I'm sure he plans to wait till after the SB though. I don't think any of the site admin's have heard anything about it though.

the Talking Can
01-31-2007, 12:09 AM
It's simply not as much "fun" as it use to be....nothing "wrong," just wondering about can't it "be better?" I say, an empahtic...."probably." :)

sounds like you're projecting....

this place is what it has always been: a no-holds barred place to discuss football and poop

so what if the names change? the new people are just as good as the old people...and to believe otherwise is just nostalgia and ego

what more do you want? premium? scoops? flashy banners?

dirk digler
01-31-2007, 12:11 AM
It's simply not as much "fun" as it use to be....nothing "wrong," just wondering about can't it "be better?" I say, an emphatic...."probably." :)

I don't think that has anything to do with Kyle though.

Heck I miss TJ coming over here and starting shit. Now that he has become a father he has become soft. :D

01-31-2007, 12:11 AM
people have chipped in here at least a couple times in the past. I have added more advertising to the new version that would help bring in a bit more money for him, and we have had offers from outside advertisers. I also offered to set up an Chiefs store where he would get a share of the profits and actually have to do nothing. None of that changed anything.

From what he said it sounded like he had the upgraded hardware ready, I'd be excited to get on it and see if it could handle the load. I'm sure he plans to wait till after the SB though. I don't think any of the site admin's have heard anything about it though.
Seems like I remember a thread with people asking him to go ahead and upgrade before the playoff game but he didn't want to for fear of it going haywire and we would have had no place to post then. I would have been ok with the risk though.

SPchief
01-31-2007, 12:13 AM

this place is what it has always been: a no-holds barred place to discuss football and poop

so what if the names change? the new people are just as good as the old people...and to believe otherwise is just nostalgia and ego

Exactly. So what if people have come and gone. That is always going to happen. This place is every bit as fun today as the first day that I lurked.

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 12:14 AM
what made it so much "better" in the past?

I hear a lot of pining from originals about the days of yore, and I wonder if it is b/c those days were truly better, or just the constant desire to angelicize nostalgia.

It could be, in part, what you are suggesting. Fond memories, and nothing more.

More likely, it's the fact that you (and those like you--and Believer) would have either....developed a sense of taste, decorum, and moderation....or they'd have been kicked to the curb, by now.:)

the Talking Can
01-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Exactly. So what if people have come and gone. That is always going to happen. This place is every bit as fun today as the first day that I lurked.

that's honestly how I feel....hell, during the World Cup was probably the most fun I've ever had here, and it wasn't even football...which is why this place is great

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 12:17 AM

You could be right....

but, more likely (and as usual,) are wrong....yet again. :)

:D

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 12:18 AM
that's honestly how I feel....hell, during the World Cup was probably the most fun I've ever had here, and it wasn't even football...which is why this place is great

Soccer? :spock:

I rest my fuggin' case.... :shake:

ChiTown
01-31-2007, 12:19 AM

and generally in that order........

FAX
01-31-2007, 12:19 AM
I think it would be better with some nice roman shades, a few throw rugs, and color coordinated pillows.

I also believe that it was a huge mistake to "de-fang" Mr. Skip Towne.

FAX

the Talking Can
01-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Soccer? :spock:

I rest my fuggin' case.... :shake:

what case?

that you don't understand this place at all?

the World Cup thread was one on the greatest threads on this board...it was EPIC in size and duration...the planet is great because it allows for everyone's interests...poop, soccer, prayer threads, football...simultaneous...

I still have no clue what you're complaining about.

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 12:22 AM

FAX:eek:

What the fugg???? :spock: How did I miss THAT??? :hmmm:

Are you serious? Mike nearly dies, has his house burns down, and then we do that to him????

WHERE is our humanity??? :banghead:

:shake:
what case?

that you don't understand this place at all?

the World Cup thread was one on the greatest threads on this board...it was EPIC in size and duration...the planet is great because it allows for everyone's interests...poop, soccer, prayer threads, football...simultaneous...

I still have no clue what you're complaining about.
Uh-huh. :)

That's okay, sweet-heart.....

You just go right ahead with your Bush-bashing, and conservative-hating......crap, over in DC.

It will make you feel better. Really.

:)

01-31-2007, 12:24 AM
I think it would be better with some nice roman shades, a few throw rugs, and color coordinated pillows.

FAX
What happened to Skip??

I know about the house and hand..I mean the ''de-fang'' part?

01-31-2007, 12:25 AM
What happened to Skip??

I know about the house and hand..I mean the ''de-fang'' part?
Ditto. This is news to me.

FAX
01-31-2007, 12:26 AM
They had to remove his teeth after he developed rabies. Somebody said it was rats. Either way, his teeth were removed due to public safety concerns.

FAX

crazycoffey
01-31-2007, 12:33 AM
They had to remove his teeth after he developed rabies. Somebody said it was rats. Either way, his teeth were removed due to public safety concerns.

FAX

sounds like quarantine not de-fanging.

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 12:33 AM

FAX

:eek:

Link? :spock:

I'd insist on "works cited," "bibliography," and work for group Participation Need: study firm for the nex year's nice teachers......:)

FAX
01-31-2007, 12:36 AM
I was so disheartened after hearing the news that I've blacked out the source, Mr. Mr. Kotter. It's like anterograde amnesia brought on by visualizing a life without chewing.

FAX

FAX
01-31-2007, 12:39 AM
sounds like quarantine not de-fanging.

I don't think they quarantine your teeth, Mr. crazycoffey. At least, I've never heard of that. This was a severe case so the teeth were removed. Maybe they kept them in a sealed bottle though, I don't know.

FAX

Nzoner
01-31-2007, 12:56 AM
You, Phil, and Joe (Nzoner) should make a proposal to Kyle.... :clap:

I post on a semi-regular basis at 3 other boards and have visited countless others and nothing,I mean nothing compares to the Planet in my opinion,but then again I'm never here once the noon games kick-off and usually don't check in until the Sunday night game is over.

I don't think the planet needs the likes of myself,Phil or BRC to have ownership because again in my opinion we're too close to the action if you will.I belong to another board with an owner alot like Kyle(he pokes his head in from time to let everyone know he's okay)and I think the community is better for it.

It's just my .02

KcMizzou
01-31-2007, 01:21 AM
The peasants are revolting!

FAX
01-31-2007, 01:23 AM
The peasants are revolting!

They smell nasty, too.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2007, 01:42 AM
It could be, in part, what you are suggesting. Fond memories, and nothing more.

More likely, it's the fact that you (and those like you--and Believer) would have either....developed a sense of taste, decorum, and moderation....or they'd have been kicked to the curb, by now.:)

Like Iowanians? "Kill that baby yet?"

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Eh, he pushes the envelope, just like most of us. I suspect that sort of a comment from him was TIC....heck, he may have even added a, for him, rare smiley....

The difference is he's damn funny---very entertaining, most of the time. Your bitter, depressing, and delusional self-pity and victimization mindset on the other hand....meh, not so much. :shrug:

Undertaker #59
01-31-2007, 08:54 AM
If there was enough free disk space I would have upgraded the database myself, but being that DB's are not my expertise and all hell would break loose if I were to screw up this one, well, I don't dare try it.

I have done two software upgrades and added a lot of features, but until Kyle steps up to finish his piece they just sit there. I have a lot of other features planned as well, but until the upgrade it is pointless.

I feel the same way over on Patriots Planet. I would run some of the upgrades myself, but I am not a DB guy either and I am a little concerned about how it would go. And we are on VB 2.2.8. I've hacked in a few mods to get it closer to VB3+ but a lot of features I have to wait for.

Redrum_69
01-31-2007, 08:58 AM
I guess i'll know the day that Phil buys CP....I'll be banned and Hootie will be able to make threads...

morphius
01-31-2007, 09:03 AM
I feel the same way over on Patriots Planet. I would run some of the upgrades myself, but I am not a DB guy either and I am a little concerned about how it would go. And we are on VB 2.2.8. I've hacked in a few mods to get it closer to VB3+ but a lot of features I have to wait for.
Interesting, for some reason I thought you were ahead of us on VB levels.

morphius ought to pay closer attention.

Undertaker #59
01-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Interesting, for some reason I thought you were ahead of us on VB levels.

morphius ought to pay closer attention.

WAY behind. The board is stable and fast most of the time, so that is good. I think the biggest thing we miss is the Rep system. I could install something similar, but I have been staying away from hacks that modify the database, hoping that we can be upgraded soon.

Redrum_69
01-31-2007, 09:15 AM
WHats the sensitivity levels over at the patriots board like?

Could I say something like...your mom is like a poptart...shes great out of the package or toasted, you can dunk her in milk, after the second time youve had her you still want more

morphius
01-31-2007, 09:19 AM
WAY behind. The board is stable and fast most of the time, so that is good. I think the biggest thing we miss is the Rep system. I could install something similar, but I have been staying away from hacks that modify the database, hoping that we can be upgraded soon.
That is painful indeed.

Though if I might suggest it, you may want to stay away from the rep system, it is a big pain in the butt sometimes.

Undertaker #59
01-31-2007, 09:20 AM
WHats the sensitivity levels over at the patriots board like?

Could I say something like...your mom is like a poptart...shes great out of the package or toasted, you can dunk her in milk, after the second time youve had her you still want more

I am sure there is some history here that I am not aware of. On it's face that statement wouldn't be a problem. I suppose it depends on context.

morphius
01-31-2007, 09:23 AM
I am sure there is some history here that I am not aware of. On it's face that statement wouldn't be a problem. I suppose it depends on context.
That is his "thing", perverse Mom jokes.

Pennywise
01-31-2007, 09:27 AM
I am sure there is some history here that I am not aware of.

There is...

I don't own a purple hat.

Redrum_69
01-31-2007, 09:33 AM
That is his "thing", perverse Mom jokes.

They are NOT perverse.

WOuld you rather me talk about planeteers wives/sisters etc?

Undertaker #59
01-31-2007, 09:37 AM
There is...

I don't own a purple hat.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Or a Zappa 'stache

Thanks for the info Morph....

While I am here, is there any reason why no matter how I have my options set here, I get the "At Work" mode?

morphius
01-31-2007, 09:38 AM
They are NOT perverse.

WOuld you rather me talk about planeteers wives/sisters etc?
There are a lot of things I would prefer, but rarely do we get what we want...

morphius
01-31-2007, 09:40 AM
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Or a Zappa 'stache

Thanks for the info Morph....

While I am here, is there any reason why no matter how I have my options set here, I get the "At Work" mode?
You may have a cookie issue, in that case you would need to delete your cookies and then try changing it. We have had that issue a few times.

Undertaker #59
01-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks. That did it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Eh, he pushes the envelope, just like most of us. I suspect that sort of a comment from him was TIC....heck, he may have even added a, for him, rare smiley....

The difference is he's damn funny---very entertaining, most of the time. Your bitter, depressing, and delusional self-pity and victimization mindset on the other hand....meh, not so much. :shrug:

This is exactly the problem with your analysis, it's entirely subjective, and not framed with any sort of reference to reality. Check out the thread "who has given you neg rep", read those comments, and still tell me you believe that was a TIC comment. Much like that, your lamentations for the olden days don't really have any proof in the pudding of your assertion, it's far more likely that you prefer them just because you were around here longer. Tough shit.

Iowanian
01-31-2007, 09:56 AM

You know what, dip your pickle in battery acid.

I did make that comment, directed at quicksurfer. He'd been throwing a tizzy fit about not finding a cat he was too high and lazy to look for, and had spent a couple of days being very cavalier about getting his girlfriend an abortion, and was only concerned by the cost and inconvenience. His attitude was similar to throwing out some bad milk.
It was probably close to the line and I removed the comment later, but I stand by that sentiment with his attitude.

You can fancy yourself a vocabulized psuedointellectual all you want, but in the big picture, you routinely show that you know exactly jack shit.

as for Kyle....You guys should get off his ass. He is going to do the upgrade a year and a half ago. Sheeeeesh.

regardless of that, the board works, we're all here. Show enough antagonism and he might just pull the plug.

htismaqe
01-31-2007, 10:02 AM
This thread is about 12 months too late. Phil isn't here nearly as much as he used to be.

Plus, this place is mine now and I'm not giving it up. :D

htismaqe
01-31-2007, 10:04 AM

Actually, the quality of the football discussion has gone down a bit. Not nearly as much X's and O's as there used to be.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2007, 10:18 AM
does that mean we have to pay 19.95 to log on to CP from now on?

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 10:21 AM
This thread is about 12 months too late. Phil isn't here nearly as much as he used to be.

Plus, this place is mine now and I'm not giving it up. :D
You and the triumvirate of lackeys Dole, Zach, and Morph is fine really. I've got no complaints about what "is" really; more a disappointment in wondering what could be.....and us not being able to move toward that. JMHO

Yours, eh? At least now I know who to complain to, should I ever get the urge. :p

Actually, the quality of the football discussion has gone down a bit. Not nearly as much X's and O's as there used to be.

Agreed.

Eleazar
01-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Next thing you know, it will be time for Carl to pack his bags...

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Next thing you know, it will be time for Carl to pack his bags.......Updates, man. I'm all about updates....gotta be informed, educated, and knowledgeable, dag ggum it. :mad:

You don't have to click on the thread, you know. :harumph:

stumppy
01-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Hey Kotter,maybe you should offer Phil a $500.00 donation to buy the place. I hear he'll fall for that line everytime.

Bob Dole
01-31-2007, 10:32 AM
does that mean we have to pay 19.95 to log on to CP from now on?

$17.95.

ChiefsPlanet.com is your budget ripoff forum.

Eleazar
01-31-2007, 10:33 AM
This place has gone to shit since Kyle left.

BigRedChief
01-31-2007, 10:40 AM
Almost all BB's are at the mercy of one man. This is not unusual. I think all Chief fan boards are set up like this. The owner has posession of the hardware, the rights to the name and does most of the upgrades. You are at the mercy of one individuals actions.

Most of the time its because they had a vision and put their own hard earned money into that vision. As an I.T. techie I understand the reluctance to give up control of the software or hardware to some one else. That path has been tried.

Complaining about the situation will not do any good. Starting another site and saying lets all go here will not work. You will never be able to duplicate the Planet on another site because some posters will not follow.

Since morphius began his admin duties the Planet has run much smoother. We all just have to wait until the hardware gets upgraded by the owner.

I met Kyle this fall and shared some jaggerbombs. We talked a little. Seems like an okay dude to me. I'll give him some slack on this.

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 10:42 AM

Since morphius began his admin duties the Planet has run much smoother. We all just have to wait until the hardware gets upgraded by the owner.I know. I don't mean to "complain" really.

I'm just impatient. :shrug:

Bob Dole
01-31-2007, 11:10 AM
I know. I don't mean to "complain" really.

I'm just a whiny little bitch. :shrug:

FYP.

the Talking Can
01-31-2007, 11:15 AM

sure, but everyone has discussed those things in the past...the players change but the discussion doesn't...personally, I don't have near the interest I used to in X's and O's...I'll leave that to the kids...

htismaqe
01-31-2007, 11:16 AM
sure, but everyone has discussed those things in the past...the players change but the discussion doesn't...personally, I don't have near the interest I used to in X's and O's...I'll leave that to the kids...

I understand your point of view. And I'm not suggesting the quality of the Planet has gone down, just the quality of the football discussions.

Frankly, I get my fix in the DraftPlanet forum. It's perfect for those of us who miss the in-depth football talk.

keg in kc
01-31-2007, 11:19 AM
And I'm not suggesting the quality of the Planet has gone down, just the quality of the football discussions.I still think the quality of the board has dropped as a whole. There's not the same level of quantity or quality, either one, from back in the heyday.

Which is probably good for those of us trying to live our lives in the 'real world'.

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 11:23 AM
FYP.

Wow. "Bolded" even. How close were you to clicking on a smiley? :spock:

penguinz
01-31-2007, 11:51 AM
the domain expires on 17-aug-2007. Someone should put in a backorder for the domain hoping he does not renew in time. :D

htismaqe
01-31-2007, 11:59 AM
the domain expires on 17-aug-2007. Someone should put in a backorder for the domain hoping he does not renew in time. :D

Not gonna happen.

penguinz
01-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Not gonna happen.
I know.

teedubya
01-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Damnit Kyle Peterson!!!

:cuss:

Groves
01-31-2007, 01:57 PM

Well, I'm one of the ones who came over from WPI. So I have neither much history with Phil, nor any history with the planet.

e-messiah he isn't, but I think most people like his "style" because it's a fair style that encourages participation and getting along without losing world class humor.

Dare I say "common sense" applies as a descriptor.

That said, I wasn't super involved there or here, so this is just my surface observations.

P.S. I don't even live near Kansas City, so you can know that my comments haven't been swayed by Phil's legendary talents with the smoker. someday perhaps.

Eleazar
01-31-2007, 02:06 PM
...so you can know that my comments haven't been swayed by Phil's legendary talents with the smoker. someday perhaps.

He never gave me one, but I don't swing that way...

Good luck in your search though.

ROFL

Phobia
01-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Well, I'm one of the ones who came over from WPI. So I have neither much history with Phil, nor any history with the planet.

e-messiah he isn't, but I think most people like his "style" because it's a fair style that encourages participation and getting along without losing world class humor.

Dare I say "common sense" applies as a descriptor.

That said, I wasn't super involved there or here, so this is just my surface observations.

P.S. I don't even live near Kansas City, so you can know that my comments haven't been swayed by Phil's legendary talents with the smoker. someday perhaps.

That's all very kind, exaggerated though it may be.

I seem to have a knack for making people feel comfortable via text. Obviously I've dedicated a great deal of time to the Chiefs online community whether it be here, Warpaint, 37 Forever, the original Star board, or a host of other Chiefs related sites too numerous to mention on which I've participated. I try to be fair and I think I succeed in doing so a lot more than I've failed. I believe in giving people multiple chances, sometimes to my own detriment. Contrary to the content of this post, I don't generally like tooting my own horn. I know that the Planet has been a success in spite of me. I know that Warpaint nearly doubled in terms of registered users and quintupled in traffic in the past year not solely because of me but because I understand how to encourage participation and make a message board interesting to an array of personalities. Ultimately the success of any site depends on the user community itself. They make the place interesting to come back to repeatedly. If you have boring leadership and members, you'll have a boring site. But if you have colorful participants as we do here, everybody wants to "tune in" to see what they have to say.

FWIW, that "legendary" sense of humor has the ability to alienate some folks as well. I'm not a popular figure over at the Coalition and there's another Chiefs site on which I refuse to participate because I've been trashed unfairly for being a cutup. Some people don't "get it" and that's too be expected. I'm sure I'd be offended by myself if I ever took myself seriously.

Phobia
01-31-2007, 05:27 PM
He never gave me one, but I don't swing that way...

Good luck in your search though.

ROFL
I wanted to but you brought a girl.

|Zach|
01-31-2007, 05:29 PM
I once saw Phil scissor kick Angela Lansbury.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2007, 06:09 PM
You know what, dip your pickle in battery acid.

I did make that comment, directed at quicksurfer. He'd been throwing a tizzy fit about not finding a cat he was too high and lazy to look for, and had spent a couple of days being very cavalier about getting his girlfriend an abortion, and was only concerned by the cost and inconvenience. His attitude was similar to throwing out some bad milk.
It was probably close to the line and I removed the comment later, but I stand by that sentiment with his attitude.

You can fancy yourself a vocabulized psuedointellectual all you want, but in the big picture, you routinely show that you know exactly jack shit.

as for Kyle....You guys should get off his ass. He is going to do the upgrade a year and a half ago. Sheeeeesh.

regardless of that, the board works, we're all here. Show enough antagonism and he might just pull the plug.

Regarding my shit: I could shit out my intestines from Ebola, and their bloody lining would contain more insight, reason and intelligence than your tripe could ever approach on your best day. You've found a niche here...congrats. Much like the dumbass senior that everyone in the frat loves in spite of the fact that he licks ashtrays when drunk, and pisses himself for two dollars, you're popular, cue Nada Surf. I was there that day, I read that thread, my name is the first one in the goddamned thread, you slack-jawed f*ckstick. QuickSsurfer didn't show the kind of contemplation one would normally see from a person regarding that subject, but there is a difference between being dim, and being a murderer, as you so brazenly conflate him to be. You might want to take a history lesson, or you could just put that gorilla suit you fancy so much back on your wife, so she's actually cute enough to give you a slightly curled semi.

Regarding you: You walk around here like you are some kind of badass laying the textual smacketh downeth on all those who appear to transgress you, when in reality your imagination is about as substantive as the trail from your ass to your shriveled nutsac. You're an internet bully, basically a watered-down e-version of Sid Farkus, or the trailer dweller whose best days were when he used to abscond lunch money from his 3rd grade classmates when his dumbass was 11 and three years behind. You can't function properly unless you are a segment of the mob mentality, piling it on someone while the other dolts cheer you on. You're a nothing, and you always have been. You know it, and I know it. You don't like me because I'm smarter than you, and I let you know it every time I reply to one of your posts. You don't like the fact that there is a mutual knowledge of my intellectual superiority to you. Sorry, but I don't give a f*ck. Deal with it. I can point out your hypocrisies the same way I can squash bugs. Christian man, eh? "Dip my pickle in battery acid". Thanks. The comment itself doesn't bother me, aside from its banality, but it does make me laugh. You, who claim to be a Christian, as you do in the one of the Believer threads, come across as the most hateful and abusive person on here...you're a complete hypocrite, much like your brain is five pounds of monkey shit stuffed into a ten pound bag.

And next time, instead of vocabulized, go with something like garrulous, effusive, or erudite. But then again, what should one expect from someone proud enough to encorporate central Jesusland into his user name.

Dumbass.

JazzzLovr
01-31-2007, 06:31 PM
You don't like me because I'm smarter than you, and I let you know it every time I reply to one of your posts. You don't like the fact that their is a mutual knowledge of my intellectual superiority to you.

I'm convinced.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm convinced.

Go make me a pie.

Phobia
01-31-2007, 06:39 PM
And next time, instead of vocabulized, go with something like garrulous, effusive, or erudite. But then again, what should one expect from someone proud enough to encorporate central Jesusland into his user name.

Dumbass.

I don't think you're all that incredibly intelligent either. Sure you throw down some $.50 words and sometimes you spell them correctly but you're a prick more often than you're kind. Plus you're screwing up my "I love Phil and here's why" thread. That's just wrong.

Prick.

JazzzLovr
01-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Go make me a pie.

Have you served in the military?

Nzoner
01-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Well shit and here I was going to read a book tonight

http://tinyurl.com/37sfrw

Phobia
01-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Gochiefs, will you please coordinate an editing effort for future HAthan Jenkins posts?

Sully
01-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Without taking sides...

That was a quality post.

Phobia
01-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks Sully.

Phobia
01-31-2007, 07:06 PM
or the trailer dweller whose best days were when he used to abscond lunch money from his 3rd grade classmates

I'm still trying to wrap my feeble mind around this fragment of a sentence. Would somebody please explain what it means to me? Preferably somebody smarter than Iowanian...

FAX
01-31-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my feeble mind around this fragment of a sentence. Would somebody please explain what it means to me? Preferably somebody smarter than Iowanian...

I think it means that little Mr. Iowanian used to use his pencils of doom to intimidate other children until they gave him a quarter.

FAX

stumppy
01-31-2007, 07:11 PM

Maybe BG will stop in and help you out.

Phobia
01-31-2007, 07:12 PM
I think it means that little Mr. Iowanian used to use his pencils of doom to intimidate other children until they gave him a quarter.

FAX

Did he then flee or did the lunch money leave hastily? I just don't understand.

FAX
01-31-2007, 07:15 PM

Well, I think it means that after little Mr. Iowanian doompenciled his enemies, he would saunter off with the quarters. I don't think it necessarily means "flee". I think "stroll away in a state of arrogant glee" would be the best way to put it. Kind of like Brad Pitt would do in Troy.

FAX

Kclee
01-31-2007, 07:19 PM

The verb abscond has one meaning:

run away; usually includes taking something or somebody along

Phobia
01-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Troy who?

Phobia
01-31-2007, 07:21 PM
The verb abscond has one meaning:

run away; usually includes taking something or somebody along
Ah. I guess I'd not heard it used quite in that context previously. Thanks for _____ (insert large word for setting me straight here).

FAX
01-31-2007, 07:25 PM
Troy who?

Troy Magdelene.

Descendent of Jesus, part-time computer repairman, invented the doompencil.

FAX

Ebolapox
01-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Regarding my shit: I could shit out my intestines from Ebola...

eh... honestly, I'd have NOTHING to do with your poop :spock:

Kclee
01-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Ah. I guess I'd not heard it used quite in that context previously. Thanks for _____ (insert large word for setting me straight here).

Oh, I looked it up for sure. If you would have filled in the blank, I would have had to look that up too.

Sully
01-31-2007, 07:29 PM
Oh, I looked it up for sure. If you would have filled in the blank, I would have had to look that up too.

Rep for the Tubalcane reference.

Now I've got to go in back and paddle myself off.

NewChief
01-31-2007, 07:32 PM

He absconded with your confusion.

BigRedChief
01-31-2007, 07:33 PM
I once saw Phil scissor kick Angela Lansbury.
That was Brian

|Zach|
01-31-2007, 07:36 PM
That was Brian
Word on the street is Brian uses rattlesnakes as condoms.

Logical
01-31-2007, 07:36 PM
The only thing I know is that if I was Kyle I would feel that this BB has a large number of ungrateful members.

Sure this place is not perfect, but to imply that it should undergo a hostile takeover (almost what it sounded like) over its imperfections seems to me to be the height of being rude especially for a free service with a ton of custom bells and whistles.

I would like this place to be better, but I know that Kyle has a life and certainly don't expect him to sacrifice it more than he has spare time for while maintain his own enjoyment of life.

Phil if you are reading this don't take it wrong, I know that you would make a great owner and that you had nothing to do with the creation of this thread.

Rob, I am sure you meant well, but maybe next time you stick to politely asking Kyle about how the improvement efforts are coming.

Thanks again Kyle for this place.

EDIT: I see this thread has been thoroughly hijacked, still the thread header is insulting to Kyle and with the volume of traffic you would believe that a ton of people endorse the idea Kyle should give up his ownership.

Kclee
01-31-2007, 07:46 PM

Actually, I heard Brian was just proving that he could turn a rattlesnake into a walrus.

boogblaster
01-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Well Im new here, dont have a clue what the cost or time that has been put in to CP..but as long as you guys can put up with my mindless little posts, Ill stay on forever..It gives this "Ole Fart" something to do..and Im grateful..BOOG...

RJ
01-31-2007, 08:04 PM

I believe the word you are looking for is correctionize

No thanks necessary.

chiefs4me
01-31-2007, 10:17 PM
Regarding my shit: I could shit out my intestines from Ebola, and their bloody lining would contain more insight, reason and intelligence than your tripe could ever approach on your best day. You've found a niche here...congrats. Much like the dumbass senior that everyone in the frat loves in spite of the fact that he licks ashtrays when drunk, and pisses himself for two dollars, you're popular, cue Nada Surf. I was there that day, I read that thread, my name is the first one in the goddamned thread, you slack-jawed f*ckstick. QuickSsurfer didn't show the kind of contemplation one would normally see from a person regarding that subject, but there is a difference between being dim, and being a murderer, as you so brazenly conflate him to be. You might want to take a history lesson, or you could just put that gorilla suit you fancy so much back on your wife, so she's actually cute enough to give you a slightly curled semi.

Regarding you: You walk around here like you are some kind of badass laying the textual smacketh downeth on all those who appear to transgress you, when in reality your imagination is about as substantive as the trail from your ass to your shriveled nutsac. You're an internet bully, basically a watered-down e-version of Sid Farkus, or the trailer dweller whose best days were when he used to abscond lunch money from his 3rd grade classmates when his dumbass was 11 and three years behind. You can't function properly unless you are a segment of the mob mentality, piling it on someone while the other dolts cheer you on. You're a nothing, and you always have been. You know it, and I know it. You don't like me because I'm smarter than you, and I let you know it every time I reply to one of your posts. You don't like the fact that there is a mutual knowledge of my intellectual superiority to you. Sorry, but I don't give a f*ck. Deal with it. I can point out your hypocrisies the same way I can squash bugs. Christian man, eh? "Dip my pickle in battery acid". Thanks. The comment itself doesn't bother me, aside from its banality, but it does make me laugh. You, who claim to be a Christian, as you do in the one of the Believer threads, come across as the most hateful and abusive person on here...you're a complete hypocrite, much like your brain is five pounds of monkey shit stuffed into a ten pound bag.

Dumbass.

:rolleyes:

but I have to ask...you almost have 8000 posts...in one year...do you ever leave???

BigRedChief
01-31-2007, 10:31 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Shit-Bullshit_bag.jpg

DaFace
01-31-2007, 10:58 PM
The only thing I know is that if I was Kyle I would feel that this BB has a large number of ungrateful members.

Sure this place is not perfect, but to imply that it should undergo a hostile takeover (almost what it sounded like) over its imperfections seems to me to be the height of being rude especially for a free service with a ton of custom bells and whistles.

I would like this place to be better, but I know that Kyle has a life and certainly don't expect him to sacrifice it more than he has spare time for while maintain his own enjoyment of life.

Phil if you are reading this don't take it wrong, I know that you would make a great owner and that you had nothing to do with the creation of this thread.

Rob, I am sure you meant well, but maybe next time you stick to politely asking Kyle about how the improvement efforts are coming.

EDIT: I see this thread has been thoroughly hijacked, still the thread header is insulting to Kyle and with the volume of traffic you would believe that a ton of people endorse the idea Kyle should give up his ownership.

I am grateful for what Kyle has done in helping to create this place. However, just because he started the place doesn't mean that it's his to do with what he pleases. I understand that he is busy, and I understand that he has put a ton of effort and money into this place. However, if he can't put the effort into making ChiefsPlanet a better place, he should be willing to allow others to do so.

Consider this illustration. Imagine that ChiefsPlanet were some sort of charitable organization - an organization to benefit homeless kids or something - and that Kyle was the founder. After starting the organization, tons of people were excited about it and wanted to make the organization a success. After a while, though, Kyle had other life issues come up and could no longer keep the organization running. Is it OK for him to simply let it die, or should he be responsible for appointing a new leader to keep it going? We're all a bunch of homeless kids, and I tend to believe the latter.

Sorry for such a horrible illustration. I realize that it's not the same situation, but the underlying idea is the same. I guess to sum it up, I mean no disrespect to Kyle whatsoever, but CP would be a better place if he'd turn over the reins.

01-31-2007, 11:04 PM
I am grateful for what Kyle has done in helping to create this place. However, just because he started the place doesn't mean that it's his to do with what he pleases. I understand that he is busy, and I understand that he has put a ton of effort and money into this place. However, if he can't put the effort into making ChiefsPlanet a better place, he should be willing to allow others to do so.

Consider this illustration. Imagine that ChiefsPlanet were some sort of charitable organization - an organization to benefit homeless kids or something - and that Kyle was the founder. After starting the organization, tons of people were excited about it and wanted to make the organization a success. After a while, though, Kyle had other life issues come up and could no longer keep the organization running. Is it OK for him to simply let it die, or should he be responsible for appointing a new leader to keep it going? We're all a bunch of homeless kids, and I tend to believe the latter.

Sorry for such a horrible illustration. I realize that it's not the same situation, but the underlying idea is the same. I guess to sum it up, I mean no disrespect to Kyle whatsoever, but CP would be a better place if he'd turn over the reins.

Interesting and valid point.

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 11:06 PM

EDIT: I see this thread has been thoroughly hijacked, still the thread header is insulting to Kyle and with the volume of traffic you would believe that a ton of people endorse the idea Kyle should give up his ownership.As usual, you are full of shit, Jim. :)

If Kyle is offended by this thread, he's much less of a man than I have given him credit for. I am quite grateful for the opportunity Kyle has provided for us. I feel that we, as Chiefs fans, are more fortunate than most NFL fans to have a place like this to hang. Again, thank you Kyle. I've expressed my thanks to Kyle in numerous other threads as well.

No, Jim....I give Kyle more credit than you do. I'm confident he'll understand the spirit in which this was intended.

Kyle is obviously a talented and busy dude. At some point, we all have choices to make. Maybe he's wrestling with that choice. If so, that's cool. I'm merely eager to see this place take it to the "next level"--as an NFL coach might say.

If that's with Kyle; great, because I'm sure it'll be a great ride. If that's with someone else, I think that's fine too. Phil just happens to be the first dude to pop into my mind, in the event Kyle decides to hand the thing off. And it's certainly no reflection on Kyle's contributions to this place. He's the man holding the cards. No doubt about it. I'm just hoping he makes a play....any play...sometime soon. That's all.

Dartgod
01-31-2007, 11:07 PM
I am grateful for what Kyle has done in helping to create this place. However, just because he started the place doesn't mean that it's his to do with what he pleases.
:spock:

This might be the dumbest thing ever said on this site.

Dartgod
01-31-2007, 11:07 PM
Interesting and valid point.And this the second dumbest.

It is Kyle's site. He owns the domain and has every right to do with it what he pleases

Rausch
01-31-2007, 11:08 PM

Is there a screening process?

Application?

Something? ANYTHING?...

DaFace
01-31-2007, 11:09 PM

Did you read the rest of the post? At some point, you (the general you - not you specifically) have to start thinking of the greater good. You may think that ChiefsPlanet is Kyle's toy to play with and break whenever he wants to. I tend to believe that it would be incredibly selfish for someone to think only of themselves like you're insinuating.

01-31-2007, 11:10 PM
And this the second dumbest.

It is Kyle's site. He owns the domain and has every right to do with it what he pleases
Glad to have entertained you a second time.

Dartgod
01-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Did you read the rest of the post? At some point, you (the general you - not you specifically) have to start thinking of the greater good. You may think that ChiefsPlanet is Kyle's toy to play with and break whenever he wants to. I tend to believe that it would be incredibly selfish for someone to think only of themselves like you're insinuating.
It's a freakin' FREE site to discuss Chiefs football fer Christ's sake! Kyle owes NOTHING to anyone here.

If it so bad, then please create something better on your dime. Jim is right. There are a lot of ungrateful people here.

DaFace
01-31-2007, 11:14 PM
It's a freakin' FREE site to discuss Chiefs football fer Christ's sake! Kyle owes NOTHING to anyone here.

If it so bad, then please create something better on your dime. Jim is right. There are a lot of ungrateful people here.

I'm pretty sure that we've had this exact same debate before, so I'll let it die. If money were the issue, I might say you were onto something. Since it's not, however, I respectfully disagree with your opinion. :p

Frazod
01-31-2007, 11:15 PM

And I would imagine many of them have never contributed to the site, either.

DaFace
01-31-2007, 11:16 PM
And I would imagine many of them have never contributed to the site, either.

If it meant that we could see some changes around here, I would be more than happy to contribute. I've been assured on many occasions that such an action would be like throwing money away, however, so I'll keep my money in my pocket for now.

Dartgod
01-31-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that we've had this exact same debate before, so I'll let it die. If money were the issue, I might say you were onto something. Since it's not, however, I respectfully disagree with your opinion. :pAnd if we were paying money to access this place, then we certainly would have every right to bitch about the performance issues on gameday and such. But since we're not, then I will respectfully disagree with yours.

Actually, I don't have a problem with people bitching. It just the outlandish statements like those that were recently posted that have me scratching my head.

|Zach|
01-31-2007, 11:20 PM
It is just shitty to tell people something is going to happen and then not following through.

IMO.

01-31-2007, 11:21 PM
If everyone would just use the Chat engine during big events, this thread would never have been started.

Rausch
01-31-2007, 11:21 PM

Send him an offer.

He's a businessman...

Iowanian
01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't think that someone with such an ginormous IQ would require half a day to do the research for that book report, sparky.

The only thing really bigger than your inflated ego is the void of validity to the majority of your arguements in most any grown up conversation.

As for what I do or who I am and how I carry myself, I don't require validation here to sleep at night. While I do struggle with carrying myself like a Christian should sometimes and often utilize the quick thinking given to me by my creator, I'll wager I do more in real life to walk the walk than your self worshipping, conceited, self aggrandizing, pompous candy ass would ever hope. Alot of people here know what I'm about in real life. You're just hot air and schegma breath.

For as superior as you obviously feel that you are, its equally as obvious to me that your head is far enough up your knowitall ass you'd need the Hubble telescope to see what color your eyes are. You're the cowardly lion with a big roar and $2 words, scared shitless that someone will answer your $.25 ass.

I should probably cower in shame, as you've so adeptly demonstrated your superior play of the game of life, by nearly doubling my yearly posting rate.

Maybe someday, you'll be fully employed and the real adult conversations will make more sense. Until then, you'll have to keep relying on that Freshman book report.

As to why I don't like you, it delves no deeper than the fact that you're an elitist asshole with a thesaurus and a bad attitude, and you think that makes you Bill Braskey.

Rausch
01-31-2007, 11:23 PM
It is just shitty to tell people something is going to happen and then not following through.

IMO.

Agreed...

RJ
01-31-2007, 11:24 PM
To the best of my knowledge this is the best Chiefs site on the intraweb. Using it has never cost me a dime other than a couple of $20 checks I mailed in a few years back and I wasn't required to do that. I'd say that's a pretty good deal. I don't understand anyone griping about very occasionally not being able to log on to a site you don't pay to access. If it was your porn subscription I'd see the point, but free football and religion talk? That's out of line.

DaFace
01-31-2007, 11:25 PM
I don't understand anyone griping about very occasionally not being able to log on to a site you don't pay to access. If it was your porn subscription I'd see the point, but free football and religion talk? That's out of line.

You don't see a problem with not being able to use a football forum during a football game?

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2007, 11:25 PM

IMO.
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!!

If there is a "rub".....that would be it.

Many of us who have contributed in the past have no regrets; and would happily do it again.....but I also think it's fair that we see some of the "stuff"---changes and improvements, come to pass, before many of us will do so again....JMHO. Shit, or get off the pot....so-to-speak.

Frazod
01-31-2007, 11:29 PM
If it meant that we could see some changes around here, I would be more than happy to contribute. I've been assured on many occasions that such an action would be like throwing money away, however, so I'll keep my money in my pocket for now.

I've contributed decent amounts every time I've been asked and I don't feel like I've given enough for the use and enjoyment I get from this place. Personally, it wouldn't bother me if this was a pay site (nothing ridiculous, but a couple of bucks a month). That sure would clear out the suckers and deadbeats.

Changes would be nice - I've done my share of bitching and whining. But we all get great value from this BB right now, as is, and we owe Kyle a serious debt of gratitude.

And the next time there's a CP fundraiser (overdue, IMO), we should all put our money where our mouths are, and perhaps something beautiful will happen.

Eleazar
01-31-2007, 11:30 PM
It's free, what do you want?

Actually, it's not free to whomever pays the undoubtedly massive hosting cost for it. I don't know how that all works, but I doubt the cornball Google ads defrayed much of the cost.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2007, 11:33 PM
I've contributed decent amounts every time I've been asked and I don't feel like I've given enough for the use and enjoyment I get from this place. Personally, it wouldn't bother me if this was a pay site (nothing ridiculous, but a couple of bucks a month). That sure would clear out the suckers and deadbeats.

:hmmm:

|Zach|
01-31-2007, 11:34 PM
I personally care very little about gameday server issues. I think you could throw everything but the kitchen sink at the issue and you would still have problems...

This is an issue on almost all football boards I have ever seen...even ones with large corporate backing. I think its just the nature of the beast.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2007, 11:36 PM
I personally care very little about gameday server issues. I think you could throw everything but the kitchen sink at the issue and you would still have problems...

This is an issue on almost all football boards I have ever seen...even ones with large corporate backing. I think its just the nature of the beast.

DAMNIT CARL! :cuss:

Edited it before I could go back and quote you....

Paging Dr. Freud.......

Hammock Parties
01-31-2007, 11:38 PM
As to why I don't like you, it delves no deeper than the fact that you're an elitist asshole with a thesaurus and a bad attitude, and you think that makes you Bill Braskey.

Anger should never be confused with intelligence. :D

RJ
01-31-2007, 11:43 PM
You don't see a problem with not being able to use a football forum during a football game?

I think it's to be expected on occasion. Have you ever used Sportsline for fantasy football? They're a little bit bigger than the Planet but they have problems almost every Sunday....and I pay for the privilege. This place runs right almost all the time and is free.

dirk digler
01-31-2007, 11:46 PM
I think you could throw everything but the kitchen sink at the issue and you would still have problems...

From what I understand TJ has done a couple of hardware upgrades over at the mane but I am curious if it has helped at all.

Phobia
01-31-2007, 11:47 PM

IMO.

I like Kyle. I think he started a great thing here, something that I bought into and was happy to contribute my time and energy into. Kyle is a friend of mine despite the departure to Warpaint and despite my obvious frustration with his methods.

I don't want to throw any fuel on this fire, but I will agree with Zach's post.

He's been saying that the thing is going to be upgraded for a very long time. He's said it's going to be "next week" more than three times. I don't know what is going on. I don't know what his future plans are. I concede to his ownership. He holds the keys. Obviously there are people who are upset. Some are entitled to be, I'd venture - mostly the ones who have put their money where their mouth is.

I love this place. I feel like it's a ship without a rudder but I still love it.

|Zach|
01-31-2007, 11:47 PM
From what I understand TJ has done a couple of hardware upgrades but I am curious if it has helped at all.
It has, there are still problems at times...but its decent. A flood can still take it to a standstill...like most every other forum.

Like RJ said...sportsline forums....scout forums owned by Fox go down often on gameday.

You just can't control surges like that without crazy wacky measures taken.

|Zach|
01-31-2007, 11:49 PM
I like Kyle. I think he started a great thing here, something that I bought into and was happy to contribute my time and energy into. Kyle is a friend of mine despite the departure to Warpaint and despite my obvious frustration with his methods.

I don't want to throw any fuel on this fire, but I will agree with Zach's post.

He's been saying that the thing is going to be upgraded for a very long time. He's said it's going to be "next week" more than three times. I don't know what is going on. I don't know what his future plans are. I concede to his ownership. He holds the keys. Obviously there are people who are upset. Some are entitled to be, I'd venture - mostly the ones who have put their money where their mouth is.

I love this place. I feel like it's a ship without a rudder but I still love it.
It would be one thing if this was all like this and nothing was said...

But saying "x is going to happen" and not doing it is a shitty thing to do. I understand people have busy lives...thats fine...don't go out and say the board will be upgraded.

People ask what I expect for something that is free? I guess I expect not to be lied too. Nothing more really.

Phobia
01-31-2007, 11:49 PM
I think it's to be expected on occasion. Have you ever used Sportsline for fantasy football? They're a little bit bigger than the Planet but they have problems almost every Sunday....and I pay for the privilege. This place runs right almost all the time and is free.

You make a great point about Sportsline - but that site is literally being hit by hundreds of thousands if not millions trying to access realtime FFL scoring on gameday. This place can't handle 1000 simultaneous people.

You're right - this place does run right almost all the time - except for gameday, draft, and anytime there is breaking Chiefs news.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2007, 11:50 PM
I wouldn't think that someone with such an ginormous IQ would require half a day to do the research for that book report, sparky.

The only thing really bigger than your inflated ego is the void of validity to the majority of your arguements in most any grown up conversation.

As for what I do or who I am and how I carry myself, I don't require validation here to sleep at night. While I do struggle with carrying myself like a Christian should sometimes and often utilize the quick thinking given to me by my creator, I'll wager I do more in real life to walk the walk than your self worshipping, conceited, self aggrandizing, pompous candy ass would ever hope. Alot of people here know what I'm about in real life. You're just hot air and schegma breath.

For as superior as you obviously feel that you are, its equally as obvious to me that your head is far enough up your knowitall ass you'd need the Hubble telescope to see what color your eyes are. You're the cowardly lion with a big roar and $2 words, scared shitless that someone will answer your $.25 ass.

I should probably cower in shame, as you've so adeptly demonstrated your superior play of the game of life, by nearly doubling my yearly posting rate.

Maybe someday, you'll be fully employed and the real adult conversations will make more sense. Until then, you'll have to keep relying on that Freshman book report.

Ahh, post count smack. Has the great keyboard of doom been reduced to such a quivering pile of infantile runs that it feels the need to respond so feebly?

I wrote that reply in one five minute sitting after getting back from class today and then logging on. Sorry if my ability to actually think on my feet is so threatening to you. If you think anything else, you might want to join me in the hubble deep field. Bring your crisco and one of the latex gloves that bull juicers use to jack off and then inseminate the bovine population. There might be a spare one hanging from your wife's crotch.

So an elitist asshole with a thesaurus and bad attitude is empirically worse than the uneducated asshole with a grabag of 8 major putdowns that he shakes up from time to time, but never varies. "Die in a Fire" "Stuff object X up your ass" "You're (insert douche-related product here". It's the same trite shit from you every time, and the reason you aren't called on it is because you're part of the old-timer clique.

"Grown up conversation"--by this I assume you mean the tired and old beliefs of people rapidly approaching middle and late age who have by and large given up on their own ability to actually make anything of themselves or change anything about the world. Of course, since I'm not yet a quitter, I guess I just don't understand how hard the world is :crybaby:. The sad fact about assertions like that is that they show you for the coward and the stagnant lump of prokaryote shit that you actually are.

If you want to weigh what you do in your life versus mine, you can, but I don't think that you are going to come out favorably. I'm sorry if I'm not restrained by the 9-5 job, answering to one of the Bobs, or being the lackey of any numerous donkeys ahead of me on the professional ladder. I actually have intellectual and personal freedom in my career, and I prefer it that way. There's a reason why people like you don't do what I do--you can't. However, you have so much invested in your own insular and primitive view of the world that the mere risk of trying to think outside of the miniscule box you've created for yourself envelops you in so much fear and terror that you'd sooner return to your own barbaric assumptions than ever attempt to have a truly brave or original thought roll through your head. And since you can't counter what I say with any substance, enter the grammarian trolls to try and prop you up.

dirk digler
01-31-2007, 11:51 PM
It has, there are still problems at times...but its decent. A flood can still take it to a standstill...like most every other forum.

Like RJ said...sportsline forums....scout forums owned by Fox go down often on gameday.

You just can't control surges like that without crazy wacky measures taken.

I know I tried to lurk after the 49ers game and there were down for quite a while.

The problem is fixable if you have alot of money but when you own a site by yourself it is hard to pay the costs all by yourself.

|Zach|
01-31-2007, 11:53 PM
I know I tried to lurk after the 49ers game and there were down for quite a while.

The problem is fixable if you have alot of money but when you own a site by yourself it is hard to pay the costs all by yourself.
I don't know everything but I think even with a signifigant upgrade....very significant. this is still somewhat of a problem.

Minimal downtime with the kind of traffic CP gets at certain points would be I pretty much want to say not a reasonable request.

01-31-2007, 11:54 PM
I just wonder when Kyle is going to unveil his admin powers and crash the place for a couple days just to prove a point to everyone.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2007, 11:57 PM
Have you served in the military?

Sorry, I'm a sandmonkey terrorist hater of freedom.

dirk digler
01-31-2007, 11:58 PM
I don't know everything but I think even with a signifigant upgrade....very significant. this is still somewhat of a problem.

Minimal downtime with the kind of traffic CP gets at certain points would be I pretty much want to say not a reasonable request.

Once again it all comes back to money IMO.

Look at all the top sites and these sites have millions and millions of threads

I think it has to do alot with hardware but you also have to have the necessary bandwidth for the traffic.

why the hell are we having server issues tonight. This place is not that active.

Phobia

This site has been approached by advertisers willing to pay frequently before I left over a year ago. I don't know why there aren't any ads - it's not because advertisers don't want to pay. Look at Chiefshuddle's traffic and their advertising. I know for a fact that dude is taking down some coin and they have a lot less traffic than the Planet.

KcMizzou
I just wonder when Kyle is going to unveil his admin powers and crash the place for a couple days just to prove a point to everyone.Wouldnt matter... the people would just regroup somewhere else.

dirk digler
02-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Look at facethejury.com They are rated #3 and their general board has over 68 million posts and no advertising.

That is crazy

Edit - They have a premium membership that is why.

Maybe we need that

02-01-2007, 12:02 AM
Wouldnt matter... the people would just regroup somewhere else.
I am a member of a couple of backup sites but none of them have the traffic this site has.

FAX
02-01-2007, 12:04 AM
I, for one, am very grateful to Mr. AustinChief and all the other ChiefsPlanet contributors over the years.

May a dozen virgins swoon with desire for your nutsacks.

FAX

02-01-2007, 12:04 AM
This site has been approached by advertisers willing to pay frequently before I left over a year ago. I don't know why there aren't any ads - it's not because advertisers don't want to pay. Look at Chiefshuddle's traffic and their advertising. I know for a fact that dude is taking down some coin and they have a lot less traffic than the Planet.
With one google ad and getting the NFL licensed Chiefs gear link culminating with the huge traffic this place has..would definitely equal a profit..thats with one add.

FAX
02-01-2007, 12:06 AM
With one google ad and getting the NFL licensed Chiefs gear link culminating with the huge traffic this place has..would definitely equal a profit..thats with one add.

Good idea, Mr. Vos. We could also sell bridges for grammatical trolls to sit under as they wait for innocent passersby to attack.

FAX

KcMizzou
02-01-2007, 12:07 AM
I am a member of a couple of backup sites but none of them have the traffic this site has.Oh, I agree. Chiefsplanet is unique.

They'd (we'd) group up... but I don't think anyone would be happy about it.

Chiefsplanet is "home" in an odd way...

I'm not sure if that's pathetic, or not.

02-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Good idea, Mr. Vos. We could also sell bridges for grammatical trolls to sit under as they wait for innocent passersby to attack.

FAX
I'm grammatically exhausted,so excuse my drivel.

crazycoffey
02-01-2007, 12:09 AM
VBCD = 16

FAX
02-01-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm grammatically exhausted,so excuse my drivel.

My word of the day calendar said, "Dang".

FAX

RJ
02-01-2007, 12:15 AM
You make a great point about Sportsline - but that site is literally being hit by hundreds of thousands if not millions trying to access realtime FFL scoring on gameday. This place can't handle 1000 simultaneous people.

You're right - this place does run right almost all the time - except for gameday, draft, and anytime there is breaking Chiefs news.

I think the term "economies of scale" would apply.

Before I continue, let me state clearly that I don't know jack-s**t about the computer world. But I do know about the retail and restaurant worlds and I know that in those worlds it is literally impossible to make every customer happy at the highest peak times. If you have every employee working, every register open, every shelf stocked, things still get bottlenecked and you just work through it the best you can. I've always assumed web sites on high traffic days are somewht the same. Am I anywhere close to the mark with that?

FAX
02-01-2007, 12:17 AM
You had me at "I don't know jack-s**t".

FAX

RJ
02-01-2007, 12:21 AM
I can see why. Those *** things look sort of sparkly and shiny.

02-01-2007, 12:23 AM

FAX
Indeed

FAX
02-01-2007, 12:23 AM
I can see why. Those *** things look sort of sparkly and shiny.

True, Mr. RJ. And, they make great jewelry. I gave my girlfriend some ***ing earrings once just to shut her up.

FAX

RJ
02-01-2007, 12:29 AM
True, Mr. RJ. And, they make great jewelry. I gave my girlfriend some ***ing earrings once just to shut her up.

FAX

Were they real *** or fake *** ?

Cause they make some fake ones these days where you just can't tell the difference. The Chinese can counterfeit anything.

RJ
02-01-2007, 12:30 AM

FAX

I also like "dag".

FAX
02-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Were they real *** or fake *** ?

Cause they make some fake ones these days where you just can't tell the difference. The Chinese can counterfeit anything.

The guy who sold them to me said they were the real ****. He wasn't Chinese, though. Kind of swarthy and appeared very trustworthy in an I-hope-he-doesn't-have-a-knife sort of way.

FAX

BigRedChief
02-01-2007, 07:39 AM
And the next time there's a CP fundraiser (overdue, IMO), we should all put our money where our mouths are, and perhaps something beautiful will happen.
Hold on to that thought.

BigRedChief
02-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Ahh, post count smack. Has the great keyboard of doom been reduced to such a quivering pile of infantile runs that it feels the need to respond so feebly?

I wrote that reply in one five minute sitting after getting back from class today and then logging on. Sorry if my ability to actually think on my feet is so threatening to you. If you think anything else, you might want to join me in the hubble deep field. Bring your crisco and one of the latex gloves that bull juicers use to jack off and then inseminate the bovine population. There might be a spare one hanging from your wife's crotch.

So an elitist asshole with a thesaurus and bad attitude is empirically worse than the uneducated asshole with a grabag of 8 major putdowns that he shakes up from time to time, but never varies. "Die in a Fire" "Stuff object X up your ass" "You're (insert douche-related product here". It's the same trite shit from you every time, and the reason you aren't called on it is because you're part of the old-timer clique.

"Grown up conversation"--by this I assume you mean the tired and old beliefs of people rapidly approaching middle and late age who have by and large given up on their own ability to actually make anything of themselves or change anything about the world. Of course, since I'm not yet a quitter, I guess I just don't understand how hard the world is :crybaby:. The sad fact about assertions like that is that they show you for the coward and the stagnant lump of prokaryote shit that you actually are.

If you want to weigh what you do in your life versus mine, you can, but I don't think that you are going to come out favorably. I'm sorry if I'm not restrained by the 9-5 job, answering to one of the Bobs, or being the lackey of any numerous donkeys ahead of me on the professional ladder. I actually have intellectual and personal freedom in my career, and I prefer it that way. There's a reason why people like you don't do what I do--you can't. However, you have so much invested in your own insular and primitive view of the world that the mere risk of trying to think outside of the miniscule box you've created for yourself envelops you in so much fear and terror that you'd sooner return to your own barbaric assumptions than ever attempt to have a truly brave or original thought roll through your head. And since you can't counter what I say with any substance, enter the grammarian trolls to try and prop you up.
Hey will you guys knock it off. Just drop it and move on. Life's too frigging short to argue over lame chit. Two vets like yourselfs can co-exsist on here successfully. I've met Iowaian several times and he's a good guy. Since you are a Cardinals fan that makes you okay in my book. Save the rancor for the n00bs.

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 09:34 AM
It's free, what do you want?

Actually, it's not free to whomever pays the undoubtedly massive hosting cost for it. I don't know how that all works, but I doubt the cornball Google ads defrayed much of the cost.

I know the hosting company, and I know who they buy their Internet circuits from. It's NOT cheap.

HMc
02-01-2007, 09:44 AM
the problem with upgrading something (if its bandwidth) for usage 25 times a year (16 ganes plus whatever) is that the rest of the time you're not hitting anywhere near capacity but you're still paying for it

htismaqe
02-01-2007, 09:47 AM

morphius and I have tried several times to "generate revenue" for Kyle via various means. He's just not interested.

I have to agree with Zach - it would be one thing if it were silence, but it's not. It's unfulfilled promises. Tis better to say nothing at all than to promise something and not deliver.

But I digress...

Like I said, Kyle has been approached time and again with opportunities for this site to MAKE money, and he's just not interested. It's seems to me to be just plain apathy.

I truly love this place. It's the best site on the Internet. I've probably spent more time here in the last 6 years than I have in my bed. I'd like to be the last person to question Kyle, after all, he's essentially entrusted *me* with running this site.

Yep, that's what I said. When it comes to the day-to-day running of the Planet - I'm Carl Peterson. Other than Dole, all of the mods you see now are my appointees. He doesn't tell me what to do, and even when I ask about things, he rarely answers.

Look, I don't want to say anything bad about Kyle - this place would NOT be here without him. But there's no use in dancing around the truth.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Hey will you guys knock it off. Just drop it and move on. Life's too frigging short to argue over lame chit. Two vets like yourselfs can co-exsist on here successfully. I've met Iowaian several times and he's a good guy. Since you are a Cardinals fan that makes you okay in my book. Save the rancor for the n00bs.

Channeling rancor towards n00bs. Switching to fully auto, magnesium tipped ammo. :p

JBucc
02-01-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm still pumped about that vB upgrade we got a few months ago. The new layout is so cool and easy to navigate.

morphius
02-01-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm still pumped about that vB upgrade we got a few months ago. The new layout is so cool and easy to navigate.
don't make me hurt you, lol

BigRedChief
02-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Classic Planet sarcasm/smartazz post. Rep

Mr. Kotter
02-01-2007, 10:35 AM
morphius and I have tried several times to "generate revenue" for Kyle via various means. He's just not interested.

I have to agree with Zach - it would be one thing if it were silence, but it's not. It's unfulfilled promises. Tis better to say nothing at all than to promise something and not deliver.

But I digress...

Like I said, Kyle has been approached time and again with opportunities for this site to MAKE money, and he's just not interested. It's seems to me to be just plain apathy.

I truly love this place. It's the best site on the Internet. I've probably spent more time here in the last 6 years than I have in my bed. I'd like to be the last person to question Kyle, after all, he's essentially entrusted *me* with running this site.

Yep, that's what I said. When it comes to the day-to-day running of the Planet - I'm Carl Peterson. Other than Dole, all of the mods you see now are my appointees. He doesn't tell me what to do, and even when I ask about things, he rarely answers.

Look, I don't want to say anything bad about Kyle - this place would be here without him. But there's no use in dancing around the truth.
Damn it, Parker!!! :cuss::cuss::cuss:

Thanks for your candor and insight. Heh.

Kyle....every one of us who've come to love this place thank you for what you've done--seriously and sincerely. Some of us are just intrigued at the unrealized potential this place may have.

If you are occupied with other obligations, or simply are not interested in exploring that realm...that's entirely cool. It's certainly your call, and your prerogative. And, once again, thanks for all you do.

Some of us whiny bitches just need to enjoy what we have, I guess. ;)