PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Conference BB teams

RJ
01-30-2007, 11:50 PM
I've been watching ACC basketball for almost 40 years. The only sports team I care about as much as the Chiefs is Terps basketball. I don't think there's another conference that could boast as tough an All-Time squad as the ACC but I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm wrong.

Guard (5) - Phil Ford, John Lucas, Jason Williams, Mark Price, Johnny Dawkins

Forward (5) - Len Bias, David Thompson, Michael Jordan, Danny Ferry, James Worthy

Center (2) - Ralph Sampson, Tim Duncan

Best college BB player you never heard of - Skip Wise, Clemson

What would you fans of the lesser conferences put up against my squad? Any ACC fans care to make corrections to my list?

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2007, 12:12 AM
I would remove all the UVA pukes...

Go Hokies

Imon Yourside
01-31-2007, 01:03 AM
I've been watching ACC basketball for almost 40 years. The only sports team I care about as much as the Chiefs is Terps basketball. I don't think there's another conference that could boast as tough an All-Time squad as the ACC but I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm wrong.

Guard (8) - Chauncey Billups, Paul Pierce, Mitch Ritchmond, Kirk Hinrich, Anthony Peeler, Mookie Blaylock, Darnell Valentine, Rolando Blackman

Forward (5) - Len Bias, David Thompson, Michael Jordan, Danny Ferry, James Worthy

Forward (6) - Danny Manning, Raef Lafrentz, Wayman Tisdale, Jeff Grayer, Drew Gooden, Doug Smith

Center (3) - Wilt Chamberlain, Big Country, Stacey King, Greg Ostertag

What would you fans of the lesser conferences put up against my squad? Any ACC fans care to make corrections to my list?

The big 12 stacks up decently being loaded in the backcourt and i think you left a few dukies off that list(intentional being a terp i'm sure) but i'm ok with that. :)

POND_OF_RED
01-31-2007, 04:07 AM
you could just put All Kansas on the Big12 team.

bigfoot
01-31-2007, 06:02 AM
Big 8

G:Willie Smith, Larry Drew, Chuckie Williams, Mike Evans, Jon Sunvold, Jo Jo White

F:Kim Anderson, Ed Nealy?, Scott Wedman

C:Steve Stipanovich

siberian khatru
01-31-2007, 07:30 AM

Best college BB player you never heard of - Skip Wise, Clemson

Dutch Morley.

donkhater
01-31-2007, 07:33 AM
I'll put up the Big Ten against your squad:

Guard: Isiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, Steve Alford, Micheal Finley, Steve Smith, Rick Mount

Forwards: Glenn Rice, Glenn Robinson, John Lucas, John Havliceck, Calbert Cheaney, Scott May, Chris Webber

Center: Kent Benson, Greg Oden (already)

The center position is a little weak, but I'd stack the guards and forwards up against anyone.

I'm sure I'm missing some big names.

Stewie
01-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Heck I'd put 5 KU players up against the best from the ACC. It'd be fun to watch.

Guards - Jo Jo White, Paul Pierce
Center - Wilt Chamberlin
Forward - Danny Manning, Clyde Lovellette

RJ
01-31-2007, 08:11 AM
Dutch Morley.

Kid did NOT look like a basketball player. Maybe a weekend country club tennis player.

Saulbadguy
01-31-2007, 08:14 AM
You can put 5 players in the league that haven't played a minute of college ball and they would wipe the floor with any of these teams.

donkhater
01-31-2007, 08:17 AM
I'll put up the Big Ten against your squad:

Guard: Isiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, Steve Alford, Micheal Finley, Steve Smith, Rick Mount

Forwards: Glenn Rice, Glenn Robinson, John Lucas, John Havliceck, Calbert Cheaney, Scott May, Chris Webber

Center: Kent Benson, Greg Oden (already)

The center position is a little weak, but I'd stack the guards and forwards up against anyone.

I'm sure I'm missing some big names.
Oh yeah, Kevin McHale, Minnesota. He could be the center.

RJ
01-31-2007, 09:17 AM
You can put 5 players in the league that haven't played a minute of college ball and they would wipe the floor with any of these teams.

Huh?

Which five would you trot out there against Duncan, Jordan, Lucas, Worthy and Bias?