PDA

View Full Version : WOW People in Boston are now officially morons

AustinChief
02-01-2007, 11:25 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/01/boston.bombscare/index.html

For F^cks Sake! It looks like a damn LiteBrite! It is bad enough that these morons panicked about it... but now they want to sue and prosecute?

Note to Boston government officials...
Take it like men and admit you overreacted.

eazyb81
02-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Two people have already been arrested because of this and I believe they are being arraigned today.

Hey Boston, way to not overreact....

Donger
02-01-2007, 11:27 AM

For F^cks Sake! It looks like a damn LiteBrite! It is bad enough that these morons panicked about it... but now they want to sue and prosecute?

Until, of course, someone builds a bomb that looks like a LiteBrite.

These two asked for the attention, and that's what they got.

Donger
02-01-2007, 11:30 AM
That being said, I will say that Boston over-reacted. These things were apparently placed all over the country in other metro areas.

AustinChief
02-01-2007, 11:32 AM

True, but if you saw one... trust me, they are NOT threatening to anyone but the most simple minded luddite. At least Boston just gave the ad campaign a HUGE PR boost

Demonpenz
02-01-2007, 11:32 AM
What did they do? Not sell a website to phil?

ndbbm
02-01-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't blame the two dudes either. They were working for a company, doing what they were hired to do. Go after the marketing firm. These two schmucks are innocent.

acesn8s
02-01-2007, 11:34 AM

OH CRAP!!! What if some one decides to build a bomb that looks like paper mashay? I know! Let's arrest them!!!!! Don't be stupid!!! The only crime these people commited is that they didn't inform the local gov't of thier advertising ploy.

Donger
02-01-2007, 11:38 AM
OH CRAP!!! What if some one decides to build a bomb that looks like paper mashay? I know! Let's arrest them!!!!! Don't be stupid!!! The only crime these people commited is that they didn't inform the local gov't of thier advertising ploy.

"The men did not speak or enter their own pleas, but they appeared amused and smiled as the prosecutor talked about the device found at Sullivan Station underneath Interstate 93, looking like it had C-4 explosive.

"The appearance of this device and its location are crucial," Grossman said. "This device looks like a bomb."

Some in the gallery snickered.

Berdovsky, an artist, told The Boston Globe he was hired by a marketing company and said he was "kind of freaked out" by the furor.

"I find it kind of ridiculous that they're making these statements on TV that we must not be safe from terrorism, because they were up there for three weeks and no one noticed. It's pretty commonsensical to look at them and say this is a piece of art and installation," he said.

Like I said, they got the attention they wanted.

alpha_omega
02-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Lite Brite...
Makin' things with light...
What a sight...
Makin' things with Lite Brite...

HonestChieffan
02-01-2007, 11:42 AM
I say sue em...stupid move in a day and age when stupidy needs to be well recognized

Donger
02-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Lite Brite...
What a sight...
Makin' things with Lite Brite...

ROFL

Lite Brite...
What a sight...
People in Boston aren't too brite...

acesn8s
02-01-2007, 11:57 AM
ROFL

Lite Brite...
What a sight...
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BucEyedPea
02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
ROFL

Lite Brite...
What a sight...
Hey! Hey! Hey!

Let's keep this to the Boston officials.
People in BeanTown are educated and smart!
Except for the lace-curtain Irish!

FAX
02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
So ... if the authorities are alerted to a suspicious box near your home or workplace, they're supposed to say, "Ah, it's probably a lightbright or something. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you."

I don't think so.

FAX

HolmeZz
02-01-2007, 12:22 PM

They weren't look for their own attention. They were hired as part of the ad campaign. The same thing has been done in a bunch of cities, and has been going on for the last few weeks.

They didn't do anything irregular, in regards to what they were asked to do. They just put up little magnetic pictures that light up at night. Boston just had a few retards that completely overreacted and had the city shutdown for half the day.

From a common sense standpoint, how stupid would you have to be to believe those were bombs? And what retard would draw attention to his bomb by having it light up? ROFL

Frankly, Boston deserved to have their city shutdown for half the day.

Amnorix
02-01-2007, 12:26 PM
You can't imagine the traffic disaster we had yesterday morning due to all this. :shake:

02-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey! Hey! Hey!

Let's keep this to the Boston officials.
People in BeanTown are educated and smart!
Except for the lace-curtain Irish!
Yes! smart indeed..those Massholes have been executing the big dig for 30 years..it's still a mess..tunnels leaking and collapsing..that whole city is a joke the way it's run..I like Boston,I've had a lot of fun there..but it's being run by a bunch of morons.

BucEyedPea
02-01-2007, 12:28 PM
HolmeZz...you bring up some good points.But since the hijackers of 9/11 came through Boston, ya' gotta cut them some slack on their overreaction.

I'd even include part of the Big Dig tunnel cavin' in on them. They've had it rough these past 6 years.

Besides you've never driven on the South East Distressway when it's normal.

acesn8s
02-01-2007, 12:28 PM
You can't imagine the traffic disaster we had yesterday morning due to all this. :shake:
That's OK. KC was shut down due to snow yesterday. At least you blame a gov't agency.

Donger
02-01-2007, 12:29 PM
They weren't look for their own attention. They were hired as part of the ad campaign. The same thing has been done in a bunch of cities, and has been going on for the last few weeks.

They didn't do anything irregular, in regards to what they were asked to do. They just put up little magnetic pictures that light up at night. Boston just had a few retards that completely overreacted and had the city shutdown for half the day.

From a common sense standpoint, how stupid would you have to be to believe those were bombs? And what retard would draw attention to his bomb by having it light up? ROFL

Frankly, Boston deserved to have their city shutdown for half the day.

Have you seen the pictures of these two guys being arrested? They are having a good time with it. They are enjoying the attention.

I don't disagree with anything else you said.

Bob Dole
02-01-2007, 12:29 PM
The best part of the entire article:

"In a news conference, Rich told reporters he had advised his clients not to discuss the incident. Stevens and Berdovsky took the podium and said they were taking questions only about haircuts in the 1970s. "

acesn8s
02-01-2007, 12:31 PM
The best part of the entire article:

"In a news conference, Rich told reporters he had advised his clients not to discuss the incident. Stevens and Berdovsky took the podium and said they were taking questions only about haircuts in the 1970s. "
ROFL ROFL ROFL

BucEyedPea
02-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Yes! smart indeed..those Massholes have been executing the big dig for 30 years..it's still a mess..tunnels leaking and collapsing..that whole city is a joke the way it's run..I like Boston,I've had a lot of fun there..but it's being run by a bunch of morons.

I was talkin' about the people,( minus the Lace Curtain Irish) not govt bureaucrats who supervised the BigDig.

It's not 30 years though. Tsk! Tsk! You've added a whole decade, my friend from an area that has the nerve to call themselves "The GARDEN State!"

Geez! Talk about New Joisy exaggerations.

Go get a cup of corfee. :p

HolmeZz
02-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Have you seen the pictures of these two guys being arrested? They are having a good time with it. They are enjoying the attention.

Saying they're enjoying it and saying they asked for it are two different things.

I think the hippies don't look bothered by all of this because they realize how stupid the whole situation is. And honestly, I've had a hard time not laughing at how stupid Boston's reaction was. I'd probably react similarly if I was charged with something so silly.

Donger
02-01-2007, 12:42 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zx2ytr2Oyv4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zx2ytr2Oyv4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

02-01-2007, 12:42 PM
I was talkin' about the people,( minus the Lace Curtain Irish) not govt bureaucrats who supervised the BigDig.

It's not 30 years though. Tsk! Tsk! You've added a whole decade, my friend from an area that has the nerve to call themselves "The GARDEN State!"

Geez! Talk about New Joisy exaggerations.

Go get a cup of corfee. :p
New Jersey sucks too,9 more years of this shit hole and I'm done..I dream of North Carolina and it's ''laid back'',''no traffic'',''cheaper cost of living'' every day,unfortunately it will probably be over developed by then too :cuss:

HolmeZz
02-01-2007, 12:51 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zx2ytr2Oyv4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zx2ytr2Oyv4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

They rule.

KChiefer
02-01-2007, 12:52 PM
"If you go to prison...will they cut your dreads?"

Haha! Give that reporter a promotion!

Mr. Kotter
02-01-2007, 12:53 PM

I had always considered your proposition in the thread title.....as a "fact." Something not even subject to debate. :D

HolmeZz
02-01-2007, 12:57 PM
The media using the terms 'hoax' and 'prank' just shows how out of touch they are with what they're reporting.

ck_IN
02-01-2007, 12:57 PM
<i>People in BeanTown are educated and smart!</i>

If they were so smart then why do they live in Boston? :)

KChiefer
02-01-2007, 01:02 PM
The media using the terms 'hoax' and 'prank' just shows how out of touch they are with what they're reporting.

Exactly. If it was supposed to be a "hoax" bomb, it woulda looked like TNT with a clock on it, not a LiteBrite flippin' the bird.

Fish
02-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Does this mean that the terrorists have already won?

BucEyedPea
02-01-2007, 02:06 PM
New Jersey sucks too,9 more years of this shit hole and I'm done..I dream of North Carolina and it's ''laid back'',''no traffic'',''cheaper cost of living'' every day,unfortunately it will probably be over developed by then too :cuss:
Too late! It's already been discovered. I was thinkin' of goin' there as my kid got older and outta' school. I hear one hasta go to the other side of the mountains to Tennessee. Hey! Maybe will be neighbors! :p

Reaper16
02-01-2007, 02:25 PM
"You can't see this, but I'm bombing you as hard as I can" [/mooninite]

Amnorix
02-01-2007, 02:51 PM
<i>People in BeanTown are educated and smart!</i>

If they were so smart then why do they live in Boston? :)

<---------- see my avatar. :p

Buck
02-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Seriously, this is not a hoax at all, its advertising.

ck_IN
02-01-2007, 03:04 PM
<i>see my avatar.</i>

Nice, but you had to put up with this http://images.sportsnetwork.com/football/nfl/allsport/patriots/belichick_bill5.jpg to get those. Talk about a deal with the devil. :hmmm:

Swanman
02-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Memo to Boston officials: If someone is going to plant bombs all over Boston, they probably won't plant them in plain sight.

acesn8s
02-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Memo to Boston officials: If someone is going to plant bombs all over Boston, they probably won't plant them in plain sight.
With a light to get your attention.

Silock
02-01-2007, 04:51 PM
It's official: The terrorists have won.

They managed to shut down Boston without doing a damn thing.

I find it even more disturbing that THEY BLEW ONE OF THESE THINGS UP to find out if it was a bomb or not. You would think that the most simple-minded beat cop could get up in the morning and would be able to look at that say "Wow, it's a light board with batteries." But noooo. Even the "experts" had no clue.

I would say I'm more scared now for my safety than ever before, but not because of the terrorists: because of the incompetence and stupidity of *some* (not all) of those that are in charge of our safety.

Ultra Peanut
02-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Does this mean that the terrorists have already won?Honest to God, it does.

BY GAWD, YEW CAN'T BE PUTTIN' UP NO ADVERTISEMENTS WITH WIRES AND ELECTRONIC PARTS IN A POST 9/11 WORLD!!!!!!!

The best part is that the leaders of Boston and Massachusetts couldn't just be relieved and say, "Okay, everyone, all clear." No, they had to take a misunderstanding and crank it into a complete farce. They're trying to charge people who put up icons of a reasonably well-known television series for planting "hoax devices," simply because they're embarrassed by the way their city overreacted.

Douchebags.

Mecca
02-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't get why they couldn't just you know say "ah ok we understand what it was about now no big deal"

But to charge the guys with a crime?

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2007, 05:29 PM

LMAO, There liberals out there, they're scared of everything.

Adept Havelock
02-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Boston LEA didn't arrest these guys for the ad campaign. They arrested them because the LEA's over-reaction made them look like idiots in front of the whole nation.

Any moron over 30 should be able to recognize a LiteBrite. Guess that's a little much to expect from the Boston Bomb Squad.

JBucc
02-01-2007, 05:32 PM
What they should do is shimply shay "Oh, it's an ad, well tell us next time beforehand, ok?" But no, they gots to be all freaking out liek "oh shits teh terrwrists is gonna blow us p with the litej machine? "**** dat we charge them with a crime"freaking assohls/kangaroo voice from that flahs movie

Mecca
02-01-2007, 05:35 PM
http://i16.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/88/9e/f208_1.JPG

Mecca
02-01-2007, 05:36 PM
http://www.dellanave.com/ebay/athf_tshirt.jpg

Mecca
02-01-2007, 05:37 PM
http://hugereviews.com/images/Anime/AquaTeens7.jpg
"Did you hear what I said, Boston? Or shall I turn it up for you?"

Tribal Warfare
02-01-2007, 05:39 PM
http://i16.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/88/9e/f208_1.JPG

I am so getting that T-shirt

:rockon:

Mecca
02-01-2007, 05:43 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IRBcuYgm-C0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IRBcuYgm-C0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

RNR
02-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Things that make you go wow! like awhile back my son completed Ranger training and was home for a visit before he left for Iraq. A hour or so before he is getting on the plane his aunt and uncle cousins, mom ect want to get some photos of him in uniform.

About this time he is looking at me with a dad do or say something look! I shrug and give him a you are screwed look. Anyway he gets suited up and by the time its over we mad dash to the airport. I get a pass to walk him to the plane and low and behold who gets a random search my son!

I stand there stunned thinking good call the blonde haired kid in uniform looks like a likely suspect! as crazy as it sounds they found no bombs. It makes one wonder how some people get some jobs!

Ultra Peanut
02-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Look out, here comes the QUAD LASER!!!!

http://xs312.xs.to/xs312/07055/attachment-3.jpg (http://xs.to)

jidar
02-01-2007, 06:07 PM
You have to have a ****ing moron with a seriously ****ing stupid worldview to think the Boston reaction is reasonable.

jidar
02-01-2007, 06:10 PM
LMAO, There liberals out there, they're scared of everything.

judging from Fox News, this looks more like a conservative thing.

Tribal Warfare
02-01-2007, 06:10 PM
If I'm the ATHF crew I'd be rockin my socks off, because You can't buy this type of publicity. their ratings will sky rocket now

Tribal Warfare
02-01-2007, 06:12 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6NFo_jHfOc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6NFo_jHfOc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

all hail

Taco John
02-01-2007, 06:24 PM
So ... if the authorities are alerted to a suspicious box near your home or workplace, they're supposed to say, "Ah, it's probably a lightbright or something. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you."

I don't think so.

FAX

Before you shut down the city on a knee-jerk overreaction, you can do this thing called "investigation."

Mecca
02-01-2007, 06:28 PM

I don't think so.

FAX

I think we should all thank the city of Boston for being brave enough to finally expose the sinister menace that is the Lite-Brite.

Cntrygal
02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
For a well known tv show/cartoon/movie or whatever the hell it is - I've never heard of it.

I also have zero sympathy for the idots that put them up. Guess they or the idiots they worked for should have gotten the permits/permission/notified someone about putting them up.

IF ANY of them HAD been a bomb and they had been ignored because it is a "well known cartoon" - people would be whining & bitching about Boston's incompentence.

Adept Havelock
02-01-2007, 07:52 PM
For a well known tv show/cartoon/movie or whatever the hell it is - I've never heard of it.

I also have zero sympathy for the idots that put them up. Guess they or the idiots they worked for should have gotten the permits/permission/notified someone about putting them up.

IF ANY of them HAD been a bomb and they had been ignored because it is a "well known cartoon" - people would be whining & bitching about Boston's incompentence.

Nine out of the ten metropolitan police forces in the cities these were placed didn't freak out and shut down the city. I never heard of the cartoon, but I can recognize a LiteBrite when I see one. Pity the Boston cops can't.

Silock
02-01-2007, 08:11 PM

If any of them HAD been a bomb, they wouldn't have had lights on them telling everyone where they were so they could be dismantled. Also, they would have actually had EXPLOSIVES in them.

HolmeZz
02-01-2007, 08:19 PM

Pretty irrelevant.

You don't need permits to put up particular ads. I could go put up a ton of fliers and posters all over the city if I wanted to. This is only a big deal because the city of Boston has egg on it's face and instead of owning up to the fact that they overreacted completely, they want someone else to be held accountable.

It isn't a well known cartoon, and even so, that's besides the point. The fact of the matter is that it shouldn't have taken more than 2 minutes, not half the day, to realize it wasn't a friggin' bomb. It was running on a couple D batteries. And you'd have to be a retard to believe that somebody would make their bomb so visible that they'd have it light up. Furthermore, they had been up around the city for 3 weeks.

Ultra Peanut
02-01-2007, 08:35 PM
IF ANY of them HAD been a bomb and they had been ignored because it is a "well known cartoon" - people would be whining & bitching about Boston's incompentence.If any of them had been a bomb, they would have exploded three weeks ago.

mcan
02-01-2007, 09:41 PM
If any of them HAD been a bomb, then the two would be GUILTY of a real crime... It wouldn't matter what Boston's position on the deal is, nor what they looked like.

But they weren't bombs...

So, the city charged them with the CRIME of planting FAKE bombs around the city with the intent of causing panic.

But they weren't fake bombs either...

So, the city is just plain retarded. They mistook an advertisement for a bomb. The only unfortunate side effect this will have is that The Taliban now knows exactly how to bomb large crowds, without having to sacrifce it's best and boldest 12 year olds. Put a NIKE swoosh on your next bomb, and you'll kill a ton more people.

Ultra Peanut
02-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Breaking news: Seattle not completely retarded!

http://imgred.com/http://www.eatenbygod.net/Mooninites.jpg

Deberg_1990
02-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Things that make you go wow! like awhile back my son completed Ranger training and was home for a visit before he left for Iraq. A hour or so before he is getting on the plane his aunt and uncle cousins, mom ect want to get some photos of him in uniform.

About this time he is looking at me with a dad do or say something look! I shrug and give him a you are screwed look. Anyway he gets suited up and by the time its over we mad dash to the airport. I get a pass to walk him to the plane and low and behold who gets a random search my son!

I stand there stunned thinking good call the blonde haired kid in uniform looks like a likely suspect! as crazy as it sounds they found no bombs. It makes one wonder how some people get some jobs!

Thats seriously messed up. Ive said it many times and i know its dirty words to some, but they seriously need to look at racial profiling at airports.

Its not the 80 year old grandmas and the 34 year old mothers of 2 who are blowing up buildings.......Common sense folks....

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Thats seriously messed up. Ive said it many times and i know its dirty words to some, but they seriously need to look at racial profiling at airports.

Its not the 80 year old grandmas and the 34 year old mothers of 2 who are blowing up buildings.......Common sense folks....

Did you know that a policy of the FAA is to fine airlines if they have more than two young Arab males in secondary questioning?

Came up during the 9/11 Commission Hearings. Wasn't given much play until Micheal Smerconish wrote a book about it.

Flying Blind: How Political Correctness Continues To Compromise Airline Security Post 9/11

Great read, you'd enjoy it.

Thig Lyfe
02-01-2007, 11:23 PM

Just another example of the press using words without taking into consideration their actual meanings.

How literally ironic.

|Zach|
02-02-2007, 12:32 AM

****ing stupid.

Maybe I can round up a bunch of idiots around your house until we see something that looks nothing like a bomb...call it a bomb and get everyone all worked up.

It will be all your fault, I can't wait.

|Zach|
02-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Could you please explain to me how putting a LED panel with a cartoon character in a public place is a prank?, They had no intention to make it look like a bomb, there was no intention to deceive.

"I think that the marketing company should at the very least apologize for what they did."

Its like someguy making a barbecue in his own backyard, then some neighbors see smoke and yell FIRE!, call 911, then the FD rush to the house, stop the traffic, etc. And somehow the guy should apologize?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUhrkuLo8y4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUhrkuLo8y4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thig Lyfe
02-02-2007, 01:04 AM
I love how Boston is suing in order to get a refund on the money THEY spent because THEY were too stupid to go about things rationally. That's like suing a knife company because you used their product as a toothbrush.

Another in a long line of Great American Litigations.

Gah, I hate people for being so stupid.

acesn8s
02-02-2007, 02:15 AM
I love how Boston is suing in order to get a refund on the money THEY spent because THEY were too stupid to go about things rationally. That's like suing a knife company because you used their product as a toothbrush.

Another in a long line of Great American Litigations.

Gah, I hate people for being so stupid.
I'm willing to bet Turners lawyers are better than Boston's lawyers. They won't snit

Boyceofsummer
02-02-2007, 03:08 AM

multiple championships in this decade. We luv ya Kansas City!

Chiefs_Fan
02-02-2007, 07:02 AM
This was suppose to be advertising for the Cartoon network. A new show I guess and it’s a light bright guy flipping everyone off. Sound like a great new show for the kids.

Wrasse
02-02-2007, 07:20 AM
This was suppose to be advertising for the Cartoon network. A new show I guess and it’s a light bright guy flipping everyone off. Sound like a great new show for the kids.

It's for an old show...on Adult Swim...not for kids.

the Talking Can
02-02-2007, 07:23 AM
America is stupid

Ultra Peanut
02-02-2007, 07:28 AM
This was suppose to be advertising for the Cartoon network. A new show I guess and it’s a light bright guy flipping everyone off. Sound like a great new show for the kids.Cartoons are for kids!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWifRsZTY1U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWifRsZTY1U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Wrasse
02-02-2007, 07:31 AM
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/athf/movie/

Please go see the ATHF movie...coming to a theater near you! :)

This may help movie ticket sales.

jidar
02-02-2007, 07:41 AM

haha, cntrygal eh?
You know in some rural communities the schools are very poor.

cadmonkey
02-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Don't blame "the people of boston", blame the Mayor who is a f*cking over reacting moron. People who live here understand the humor of what is going on, and think its hysterical. Public Officials are the ones not getting it.

Chief Henry
02-02-2007, 08:12 AM
I hope the Administration of the Cartoon network
get fined 1 million plus for each of those lite brite things put up.

Swanman
02-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Don't blame "the people of boston", blame the Mayor who is a f*cking over reacting moron. People who live here understand the humor of what is going on, and think its hysterical. Public Officials are the ones not getting it.

What do you expect from the Boston mayor? He's still going after Opie and Anthony for the "mayor is dead" stunt they pulled 10 years ago. If I was him, I'd be a bit more worried about the big dig caving in than a couple of shock jocks or lite-brites.

cadmonkey
02-02-2007, 08:34 AM
What do you expect from the Boston mayor? He's still going after Opie and Anthony for the "mayor is dead" stunt they pulled 10 years ago. If I was him, I'd be a bit more worried about the big dig caving in than a couple of shock jocks or lite-brites.

You said it pal. Mumbles Menino is the worst......although he has nothing to do with the Big Dig, thats a State Problem.......but I catch your drift.

htismaqe
02-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Is it indeed true that these two guys were telling people that they were "bombs" to increase word of mouth?

Joie
02-02-2007, 10:11 AM
If I played with a lite brite when I was a little girl does that mean I am a bomb builder?

penchief
02-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Does this leave any doubt that if terrorists really wanted to blow up buildings in this country that they could do it easily?

Ultra Peanut
02-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Is it indeed true that these two guys were telling people that they were "bombs" to increase word of mouth?That's as true as the claims that this was a "prank" or that the LED signs looked like bombs.

Also, "I'm Bizarro Stormy!"

Beantown's blinded by the lights
Ellis Henican

February 2, 2007

You can't blame Stormy this time.

He had nothing to do with any of this foolishness up in Boston, shutting down half the city over a dumb publicity stunt for the Cartoon Network's "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

I'll admit, it's just the kind of hysteria that Stormy could find himself in the middle of. Innocent purposes. Misinterpreted intent. Pandemonious result. Pure Stormy!

Derek "Stormy" Waters, for those who don't watch a lot of edgy cartoons, is a key and beloved character on "Sealab 2021." Like "Aqua Teen," "Sealab" is part of the Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" programming block for the bad-attitude college set.

Stormy - let me put this gently as I can - is a good-looking, well-bred nitwit. I can say this because I do Stormy's voice (and no, I don't want to hear any cracks from you right now about typecasting!)

Whenever something goes wrong on "Sealab" - the ship blows up, evil forces are invited on board, Debbie needs a guy to father her baby - chances are Stormy is somehow involved.

But Stormy wasn't in Boston this week. He was far, far away. Dreaming of explosive publicity stunts for his show. And he's no more an agent of al-Qaida than Peter Berdovsky and Sean Stevens are.

A little jumpy up there, aren't they all?

Let's just hope no one leaves a lunch bag on the T this morning. Sullivan Square Station might never open again.

Berdovsky and Stevens, two computer-animation nerds, were arraigned in Charlestown District Court yesterday. Given the uproar on the sidewalk, you'd have thought the Boston Strangler was inside.

In fact, these two goofballs were being charged with - well, what exactly? Unauthorized advertising? Generating publicity without a license? Convincing gullible young people to watch "Aqua Teen Hunger Force?"

The official charge was "placing a hoax device," which under Massachusetts law carries up to 5 years in prison. In New York, every shift of night arraignments handles scarier stuff than this.

But, oh, you should have heard the flummoxed Boston pols.

"We're not going to let this go," vowed Martha Coakley, the Massachusetts attorney general.

"It is outrageous," harrumphed Mayor Thomas Menino. "An apology is not good enough."

"It's clear the intent was to get attention by causing fear and unrest that there was a bomb," Assistant Attorney General John Grossman declared.

No, it wasn't.

Their intent was to use 38 light boards, 12 inches tall, to get publicity for a goofy cartoon show. These things look nothing like bombs. They are glow-in-the-dark stick figures flipping the bird, a tactic never previously associated with any known terrorists.

The goofballs' lawyer, Michael Rich, reminded everyone that lots of things look more like bombs than these gizmos do. "If somebody had left a VCR on the ground it would have been a device with wires, electronic components and a power source."

And what about this part? The Cartoon Network's New York marketing company, Interference Inc., ran the very same hype campaign in nine other cities - Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, Austin, San Francisco, Philadelphia and New York.

Only Boston had a meltdown.

Everywhere else, people shrugged.

"Oh, a sign," they said.

Are people in all those other cities in league with the terrorists? Or do we just have more common sense?

Phil Kent, the chairman of Turner Broadcasting, which owns the Cartoon Network and part of Time Warner, did what he could to calm the irate Bostonians yesterday. "We apologize to the citizens of Boston that part of a marketing campaign was mistaken for a public danger," he said - blah, blah, blah.

They'll deny it. But you know what he and Time Warner chairman Richard Parsons are thinking right now.

"A million dollars in free publicity! Now the whole world knows 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force!' And the movie opens March 23."

The last laugh, this is called.

Now that's something Stormy knows about!

Ultra Peanut
02-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Does this leave any doubt that if terrorists really wanted to blow up buildings in this country that they could do it easily?It's impossible to stop something like that in the grand scheme of things.

Especially in Boston, where these "bomb-like packages" sat around for almost an entire month before anyone said, "OH GOD BOMB." What about something that ISN'T a sign with lights all over it and is, I dunno, hidden?

cadmonkey
02-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Is it indeed true that these two guys were telling people that they were "bombs" to increase word of mouth?

No, what they were saying was "Check out my light brite signs. The are THA BOMB!!!!!"

jspchief
02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
I love it when the pride/ego of public officials can trump true justice.

It remindes me of the Duke Lacrosse case, where every rational thinking human recognized the truth lightyears before the DA.

Demonpenz
02-02-2007, 02:23 PM
isn't this the same town where people died by getting trapped in syrup?

Pitt Gorilla
02-02-2007, 02:25 PM

These two asked for the attention, and that's what they got.I saw a few empty cars parked along the road today. I bet they arrested those folks for planting items that "could be" bombs.

Pitt Gorilla
02-02-2007, 02:36 PM
get fined 1 million plus for each of those lite brite things put up.Good Lord, dude.
:shake:

cadmonkey
02-02-2007, 02:44 PM
isn't this the same town where people died by getting trapped in syrup?

It was a mollassass flood you bastard!!!!!! :cuss:

Chiefnj
02-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Apparently Turner has agreed to pay Boston their costs related to the threatening lite-brites.

beer bacon
02-02-2007, 03:32 PM

That is a pure lie. All they did was inform the media about hair in general and 70s haircuts in specific.

beer bacon
02-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Apparently Turner has agreed to pay Boston their costs related to the threatening lite-brites.

They really shouldn't, seeing as how this whole thing was caused by Boston's own idiocy. Even so, I think this may be the best $500,000 Turner has ever spent on advertising.

KChiefer
02-02-2007, 03:39 PM
They really shouldn't, seeing as how this whole thing was caused by Boston's own idiocy. Even so, I think this may be the best $500,000 Turner has ever spent on advertising.

It beats any Stuper Bowl Ad for a couple mil.

Silock
02-02-2007, 03:51 PM

Why?

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Question, how has CNN covering story.

LMAO

beer bacon
02-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Why?

Mooninites are enemies of the state, and any collaborators should be drawn and quartered :mad:

The moon does not rule, my friend. It most certainly does not.

Adept Havelock
02-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Mooninites are enemies of the state, and any collaborators should be drawn and quartered :mad:

The moon does not rule, my friend. It most certainly does not.

It may not, but it's certainly a Harsh Mistress.

TANSTAAFL!

Silock
02-02-2007, 05:41 PM
I am responsible for the paradigm shift in the moon and how it will be viewed in the coming centuries.

HolmeZz
02-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I'd like to go around Boston etching 'THE MOON RULEZ #1' into the side of people's cars.

Fish
02-02-2007, 06:09 PM
I'd like to go around Boston etching 'THE MOON RULEZ #1' into the side of people's cars.

ROFL

|Zach|
02-02-2007, 06:15 PM
All Time All-Time Top Ten Mooninite Quotes

10: We’ll take your pornography and sodomize our vast imaginations.

object width="410" height="347"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7846&s=56311"></param><embed src="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="347" FlashVars="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7846&s=56311"></embed></object>

9: It’s a… Why the hell are we trying to cash a bill?

<object width="410" height="347"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7864&s=56765"></param><embed src="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="347" FlashVars="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7864&s=56765"></embed></object>

8: On the moon, Meatwad, we have advanced beyond rules and manners.

<object width="410" height="347"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56502"></param><embed src="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="347" FlashVars="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56502"></embed></object>

7: We shall acquire some wine on the way to the mall, and then you can get tore up and pass out in the hot sun.

<object width="410" height="347"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56501"></param><embed src="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="347" FlashVars="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56501"></embed></object>

6: Err, hand out the free cigarettes. We smoke as we shoot the bird.

<object width="410" height="347"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56499"></param><embed src="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="347" FlashVars="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56499"></embed></object>

5: Your roommate is a nerd. Yes, on the moon, nerds get their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon rocks!

<object width="410" height="347"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56504"></param><embed src="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="347" FlashVars="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56504"></embed></object>

4: Try this on for size Fryman, or for 59 cents more, try the supersize! Quiet Err, I’m transmitting rage.

<object width="410" height="347"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7864&s=56766"></param><embed src="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="347" FlashVars="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7864&s=56766"></embed></object>

3: Ignignokt: Oh it feels good to stretch my legs. Boy, I haven’t bitch-slapped someone since Tucson. Err: Bend over slave! Ignignokt: Prepare for a pride obliterating bitch-slap!

<object width="410" height="347"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7864&s=56764"></param><embed src="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="347" FlashVars="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7864&s=56764"></embed></object>

2: We do whatever we want, to whomever we want, at all times. Moonitines Unite! Lock in!

<object width="410" height="347"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56507"></param><embed src="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="347" FlashVars="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56507"></embed></object>

And the number 1 quote: Using a key to gouge expletives on another’s vehicle is a sign of trust and friendship

<object width="410" height="347"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56503"></param><embed src="http://www.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="347" FlashVars="o=youtube&c=SM%5FEntertainment&t=7859&s=56503"></embed></object>

Easy 6
02-02-2007, 06:20 PM
I agree, this is very hard to figure. People REALLY thought that these little signs were some kind of threat??? I keep waiting for someone to say the whole thing is some kind of grand joke.

Its practically been dominating the news, i guess with all of the war & boring 'ol gubment stuff going on they had to air a story on something... :shake:

rtmike
02-02-2007, 06:23 PM
They were scattered around Portland.
Portland officials thought it was humorous.

Ultra Peanut
02-03-2007, 01:34 AM
City officials in the Pacific northwest: Not retarded.

City officials in Boston: Retarded.

|Zach|
02-03-2007, 02:48 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/171/377167437_78150fdd88.jpg

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 02:50 AM
Careful all. Boston officials might try to blow this thread up.

Thig Lyfe
02-03-2007, 02:55 AM

Your and idiot.

Bob Dole
02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
$2 million.

What a joke.

dj56dt58
02-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Cartoons are for kids!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWifRsZTY1U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWifRsZTY1U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
South Park is for kids?