PDA

View Full Version : New Futurama (4 DVD Movies)

Buck
02-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks to Fark.com for the heads up.

http://www.gotfuturama.com/

Basically they are coming out with 4 movie length DVD's that will then be chopped up and be shown on Comedy Central later on.

Buck
02-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Heres a quote about it from Matt Groening, creator of the show.

"I was frustrated when it got cancelled, but Fox, 20th Television is the one who came back and said, 'Would you like to do a DVD movie?'" Groening recalled. We said, 'Let's do two' and they said, 'Well, why not three?' and we said, 'Well, why not four?' and they said, 'Okay, four' and then that's it."

After this, Comedy Central won a bid to air the films as new "Futurama" episodes. "We're writing them as movies and then we're going to chop them up, reconfigure them, write new material and try to make them work as separate episodes. Chopped up is an indelicate way of putting it but we are doing them as movies and then we are reconfiguring them and writing new material and narration and this that and the other so that they'll stand on their own as episodes."

Joie
02-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Wait...it was cancelled? I never watched the original episodes but I love the reruns. Originals tended to interfere with football coverage.

Extra Point
02-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Heres a quote about it from Matt Groening, creator of the show.

"I was frustrated when it got cancelled, but Fox, 20th Television is the one who came back and said, 'Would you like to do a DVD movie?'" Groening recalled. We said, 'Let's do two' and they said, 'Well, why not three?' and we said, 'Well, why not four?' and they said, 'Okay, four' and then that's it."

After this, Comedy Central won a bid to air the films as new "Futurama" episodes. "We're writing them as movies and then we're going to chop them up, reconfigure them, write new material and try to make them work as separate episodes. Chopped up is an indelicate way of putting it but we are doing them as movies and then we are reconfiguring them and writing new material and narration and this that and the other so that they'll stand on their own as episodes."

That'll work. Lela is the ultimate.