PDA

View Full Version : Herm not so super on Super Bowl

L.A. Chieffan
02-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Listening to JT the brick on the radio he said that Herm was on earlier today and mentioned that he has never seen a Super Bowl in his life other than one he played in 30 years ago, and doesn't plan to watch this one either.
Does this seem a bit strange to anyone else?
Especially since it's two of his very good friends coaching in it. You would think he might be a little bit intrested to see what other football coaches are doing in the biggest game of the year.

Halfcan
02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Maybe he just doesn't like watching football??

milkman
02-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Why should he watch?

It's not like the dumbass will learn anything.

Joie
02-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Maybe he planned to watch at church before the NFL crackdown.

L.A. Chieffan
02-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Who's this chick?
Been here one day and already her rep is filled all the way up.

Extra Point
Herm's a player. Which would you rather do: play or watch? You're too old if you'd rather watch. We play the "Turkey Bowl" every year. When I go, I hope it's playing the Turkey Bowl!

milkman
Maybe he planned to watch at church before the NFL crackdown.

If he went to church, he wouldn't watch anything.
He'd be Hermanizing.

Taco John
02-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Who's this chick?

It's Joie.

wazu
Maybe he just doesn't like watching football??

He probably thinks it's too hard to follow.

BWillie
Herm should be taking notes. I wonder what he'll say when Indy wins by chuckin' it. I bet every time Peyton or Grossman throws on 1st down he blows a gasket

milkman
02-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Who's this chick?

She's a woman.

Hell, ChiefsforMe is a freakin' icon, and she's about a useless bitch.

Got tits.
Get rep.

BigRock
02-01-2007, 11:23 PM
He's said this a lot of times. Tony Dungy, too. Apparently this will be the first Super Bowl Dungy has been to since he played in one.

And people take it waaaaaay too literally. It doesn't mean they're never going to see the game or anaylize it or anything. It means they aren't taking part in the big spectacle.

Extra Point
02-01-2007, 11:23 PM
If he went to church, he wouldn't watch anything.
He'd be Hermanizing.

One Hour Hermanizing:

n1. The first half of a Kansas City Chiefs game.

n2. Edwards' own business.

L.A. Chieffan
02-02-2007, 12:54 AM
He's said this a lot of times. Tony Dungy, too. Apparently this will be the first Super Bowl Dungy has been to since he played in one.

And people take it waaaaaay too literally. It doesn't mean they're never going to see the game or anaylize it or anything. It means they aren't taking part in the big spectacle.
No, it means he's deliberatly not watching it. He said he was going to the movies instead.
Guess he hasn't seen Borat yet.

BigRock
02-02-2007, 01:08 AM
No, it means he's deliberatly not watching it. He said he was going to the movies instead.
I didn't say otherwise. What I'm saying is that a lot of people seem to act like not watching it on Super Bowl Sunday means that he'll literally never watch it. Like it won't be studied when we play both of these teams next season.

02-02-2007, 01:08 AM
Nothing surprises me with Hermy..remember..he keeps a full box of fig newtons in the refrigerator at all times..that nobody can eat..because it reminds him of his days growing up when all he had to eat was fig newtons. :rolleyes:

DaWolf
02-02-2007, 02:38 AM
So what? Dungy never watched em either...

HonestChieffan
02-02-2007, 08:47 AM
The guy is odd. I wonder if he ever has a "conversation" or is he always doing the "Herm Act"? His inability to just communicate is amazing but he cant be that way all the time can he?

Is there a sensible reason he wouldn't watch any Superbowls? Think about that...even if its true, why would he make it a point to say so?

The longer you watch him and listen the more bizarre he becomes and the stranger he seems.

eazyb81
02-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Why would he? It's not like he's a football coach and could learn anything from watching two great teams play.

Reerun_KC
02-02-2007, 08:51 AM
What is funny about this is. herm will never coach a team to a superbowl, we all know that. And they only way herm every got to a superbowl was with Coach Dick Vermiel, who he replaced.

Funny, herm's life is cursed as a coach and we are stuck with that curse.

02-02-2007, 08:52 AM
The guy is odd. I wonder if he ever has a "conversation" or is he always doing the "Herm Act"? His inability to just communicate is amazing but he cant be that way all the time can he?

Is there a sensible reason he wouldn't watch any Superbowls? Think about that...even if its true, why would he make it a point to say so?

The longer you watch him and listen the more bizarre he becomes and the stranger he seems.
Right..but if posters on CP think he's an oddball..what do you think the players think about him?they have to listen to his mindless drivel on a daily basis during the season. :eek:

htismaqe
02-02-2007, 09:09 AM
ROFL

Lot's of coaches don't watch the Super Bowl.

Here's a newsflash:

If you could LEARN TO COACH from watching football on TV, there'd be thousands - maybe MILLIONS - of more football coaches.

This place just makes me laugh sometimes. There's plenty of reasons to criticize Herm, so instead of concentrating on those, you go off on stuff like this.

There's a reason Carl Peterson has never been successfully run out of town:

All he has to do is point out laughable stuff like this and people are swayed to his side.

Reerun_KC
02-02-2007, 09:35 AM
ROFL

Here's a newsflash:

If you could LEARN TO COACH from watching football on TV, there'd be thousands - maybe MILLIONS - of more football coaches.

This place just makes me laugh sometimes. There's plenty of reasons to criticize Herm, so instead of concentrating on those, you go off on stuff like this.

All he has to do is point out laughable stuff like this and people are swayed to his side.

Agreed, If i was him I wouldnt want to watch something I have no chance of ever participating in as a coach...

Besides it is the offseason, nothing transpiring right now, so why not bash the moron for not watching the game he is suppost to lead us to?

Gives us something to chat about...

02-02-2007, 09:40 AM
ROFL

Here's a newsflash:

ROFL

Your statement would make sense if his 2 best friends were not participating in the Super Bowl.it just goes to show you how he thinks about himself over anybody else..nothing new there.LMAO

htismaqe
02-02-2007, 09:52 AM
ROFL

Your statement would make sense if his 2 best friends were not participating in the Super Bowl.it just goes to show you how he thinks about himself over anybody else..nothing new there.LMAO

Um, you're changing the subject.

This thread is about Herm, the stupidest coach in the NFL.

It's not about Herm, the horrible human being who hates his friends.

Thanks for playing, though.

02-02-2007, 09:59 AM

Sorry..it's difficult to stay on track with him LMAO

Skip Towne
02-02-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't think he watched our games either. If he had he might have noticed 8 and 9 in the box and quit slamming into it.

KCJake
02-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Why should he watch?

It's not like the dumbass will learn anything.
Very true.

Calcountry
02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Why should he watch?

It's not like the dumbass will learn anything.rofl

Calcountry
02-02-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't think he watched our games either. If he had he might have noticed 8 and 9 in the box and quit slamming into it.He may have even noticed, that when Trent sprained his ankle against Jax, the team played sharper under Huard.

With this knowledge, he just might have pulled the cob out of his but and let Huard have a try against the soon to be Super Bowl Champion Colts.

BIG_DADDY
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
What else would you expect from the dumb**** that came to KC where we has the 2nd rated offense in football and said he was going to fix it. :shake:

Herm thinks he already knows it all that's why he quit learning a long time ago. I will not order season ticket or come out for a game as long as he is there.

Reerun_KC
02-02-2007, 12:40 PM
He may have even noticed, that when Trent sprained his ankle against Jax, the team played sharper under Huard.

With this knowledge, he just might have pulled the cob out of his but and let Huard have a try against the soon to be Super Bowl Champion Colts.

I couldnt of agreed more, what would it of hurt? Herms Pride?

It was ****ing win or go home day and to watch him walk the sidelines with the classice grob look was priceless....

He doesnt learn from his mistakes and that is what seperates him from the quality leaders and coachs in the NFL.

Herm is a below average coach, but a hell of a talent evaluator.

L.A. Chieffan
02-02-2007, 01:43 PM

I didn't say I don't like Herm as a coach, just that it seems a little odd to me. In fact I did mention in the original post that it seems even stranger that he wouldn't watch with his two best friends involved. This is isn't a Herm bashing thread, it's a Herm WTF? thread.

Hydrae
02-02-2007, 01:49 PM
C'mon, watching on tv may be what we as fans are used to but for a coach who watches film all the time it has got to be painful. Being there to watch would be one thing but I imagine the package on tv is not a perspective he can really relate to in many ways.

htismaqe
02-02-2007, 01:52 PM
C'mon, watching on tv may be what we as fans are used to but for a coach who watches film all the time it has got to be painful. Being there to watch would be one thing but I imagine the package on tv is not a perspective he can really relate to in many ways.

Um, if I'm not mistaken, that sounds like rationality.

There's no room for that here.

htismaqe
02-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I didn't say I don't like Herm as a coach, just that it seems a little odd to me. In fact I did mention in the original post that it seems even stranger that he wouldn't watch with his two best friends involved. This is isn't a Herm bashing thread, it's a Herm WTF? thread.

Well, for me it's a Herm WFC? thread.

Reerun_KC
02-02-2007, 01:55 PM

Maybe he should, then he would hear the commentators explain the obvious, You cant run the fooball up the centers ass with 9 or 10 men in the box every first down.

Manila-Chief
02-02-2007, 02:37 PM
ROFL

I find it odd, also, that his 2 friends are coaching, Lovie went to the Colts/Chiefs game, and he has nothing pressing to do until the draft.

I agree about coaches not watching coz they do watch football all the time. Normally, I'm not that excited to watch unless it is the Chiefs and it's been a while since the Chiefs played in ...... oh, nevermind.

I like the jokes about his learning to allow the offense to do something other than run into the middle of an 8 man front, do it again, and pass on 3rd. & 12 ... and do it over and over again ... all in the name of helping the defense.

DMAC
02-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Watching football is probably not very fun when you watch film 22 hours a day.

I don't blame him.

NJ Chief Fan
02-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I think I am starting my own tradition, I will not watch another Super Bowl till our Chiefs make it.(Grab a Snickers, this maybe a while.)

CoMoChief
02-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Herm while watching the game:

Wow!!! throwing the ball? No way! So thats how its done. Honey!!! grab me a pen and paper, I need to write this down.

CoMoChief
02-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Watching football is probably not very fun when you watch film 22 hours a day.

I don't blame him.

I highly doubt thats the case. This is a game that he loves more than anything. Not only that but Im sure you can watch a game with other teams playing without evaluating players etc.

DMAC
02-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I highly doubt thats the case. This is a game that he loves more than anything. Not only that but Im sure you can watch a game with other teams playing without evaluating players etc.Yeah, you are probably right. Maybe his wife is just an overpowering mega-biotch who doesn't let him do anything fun and makes him do nothing but chores and babysitting when he is home.

and if he doesn't obey...

No suga tonight in Herms coffee!!

htismaqe
02-02-2007, 03:50 PM
I highly doubt thats the case. This is a game that he loves more than anything. Not only that but Im sure you can watch a game with other teams playing without evaluating players etc.

I love to play computer games.

But when I get home from work, I don't touch the computer.

Bob Dole
02-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah, you are probably right. Maybe his wife is just an overpowering mega-biotch who doesn't let him do anything fun and makes him do nothing but chores and babysitting when he is home.

and if he doesn't obey...

No suga tonight in Herms coffee!!

Probably not. Herm's wife was the one watching the Denver game that put KC in the playoffs.

go bo
02-02-2007, 04:02 PM
She's a woman.

Hell, ChiefsforMe is a freakin' icon, and she's about a useless bitch.

Got tits.
Get rep.well, i don't have tits...

unless you're talking man boobs...

mcan
02-02-2007, 06:24 PM
He's a pretty weird dude. But I think he does it so that we know how different he is. He's used to dealing with athletes. When you act like bizarre in front of athletes they respect you a bit. They don't understand your behavior and they treat you like a guru. He doesn't watch football, because that would be kinda like going to a party. Gurus don't party. The problem is, the rest of the nation sees past the act. If its true, then you're just pretentious. If it's not true, then you're a liar.