PDA

View Full Version : Who would u take?

Chiefs=Champions
02-02-2007, 02:20 AM
if our pick came around and Levi Brown,
Dwayne Jarret and Amobi Okoye were still on the board which one would you take?

SBK
02-02-2007, 04:48 AM
Okoye.

KCfanfromNC
02-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Okoye as fast as i could

eazyb81
02-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Easily Okoye.

Brown and Jarrett would be good picks, but even with them our offense will still be middle of the pack. With Okoye, we would have a potentially great defense.

htismaqe
02-02-2007, 09:18 AM
The only one I think would actually be there is Jarrett.

I'd take Okoye, but I don't see him being there.

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Okoye

Archie Bunker
02-02-2007, 11:01 AM
1. Okoye
2. Jarrett
3. Brown

B_Ambuehl
02-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Go for the sure thing. Levi Brown. No question. Okoye is getting wayyyyy too much attention based on one sack from people who didn't watch the game and see him getting swallowed up by blockers in teh run game. He's 19 yrs old and talented yes but still a project at this point.

suds79
02-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Wow we'd have to count our lucky stars if just one of those 3 are there but to answer your question,

1 - Levi Brown. 6'5 328. Can't pass on athletic 320 lb men.

Reasons why:
- Our LT situation is in much more need than DT.
- Brown would start every play where Okoye would start but rotate out.
- We are all assuming that Okoye will someday be 315 lbs. But we don't know. As it stands right now, he's still an undersized DT.
- LT is a more key position than DT. Make no mistake about it.

I don't mean to make this sound like I'm baggin on Okoye. I think he's going to be a good player. He can rush the passer. I just think Levi would be the better pick.

Actually, I think I'd take Jarrett as my 2nd choice. I'm so sick of our small no talent WRs.

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Wow we'd have to count our lucky stars if just one of those 3 are there but to answer your question,

1 - Levi Brown. 6'5 328. Can't pass on athletic 320 lb men.

Reasons why:
- Our LT situation is in much more need than DT.

Never ever reach for a position of need. if Jarrett is their too, and KC selects Brown I'd find Petersons house and have a barbecue with Carl's house as the kindling. Always go for the BPA

eazyb81
02-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Never ever reach for a position of need. if Jarrett is their too, and KC selects Brown I'd find Petersons house and have a barbecue with Carl's house as the kindling. Always go for the BPA

I think it's arguable who is the better prospect between Brown and Jarrett. In fact, it seems like many analysts have Brown rated ahead of Jarrett after his Senior Bowl performance.

Taking Brown at 23 would hardly be a reach.

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I think it's arguable who is the better prospect between Brown and Jarrett. In fact, it seems like many analysts have Brown rated ahead of Jarrett after his Senior Bowl performance.

Taking Brown at 23 would hardly be a reach.

Brown has too many question marks he gets beaten by the quick inside move to often because at times he over commits to the edge. Jarrett on the other hand is a stud plain and simple

eazyb81
02-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Brown has too many question marks he gets beaten by the quick inside move to often because at times he over commits to the edge. Jarrett on the other hand is a stud plain and simple

Eh, I think Brown is the safer pick of the two. Even if he ends up not being able to play LT in the pros, it's almost a guarantee that he will be a monster on the right side.

Jarrett has some very good traits, but the speed questions will linger until he steps on the field. He could end up being an All Pro wideout or he could simply be a slot/possession guy.

Anyways, my whole point was that I don't think Brown at 23 is a reach.

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Anyways, my whole point was that I don't think Brown at 23 is a reach.

my point is if Jarrett is their, and KC still picks Brown then we'll go back into the same cycle that got us in this shit hole drafting for need and not the BPA. Jarrett is/was listed as a top 10 prospect all year, but he'll have a an average combine/Pro Day that will make him viable option for KC.

eazyb81
02-02-2007, 03:55 PM
my point is if Jarrett is their, and KC still picks Brown then we'll go back into the same cycle that got us in this shit hole drafting for need and not the BPA. Jarrett is/was listed as a top 10 prospect all year, but he'll have a an average combine/Pro Day that will make him viable option for KC.

And my whole point is that Jarrett isn't the slam dunk BPA choice that you think he is.

A quick search showed that Scott Wright has Brown a few spots ahead of Jarrett on his big board, and Kiper has Jarrett one spot ahead of Brown. If anything, they are essentially equal in terms of overall draft grade.

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2007, 04:01 PM
A quick search showed that Scott Wright has Brown a few spots ahead of Jarrett on his big board, and Kiper has Jarrett one spot ahead of Brown. If anything, they are essentially equal in terms of overall draft grade.

so you are using this guy and Kiper as your sources?

Dude, Jarrett is a player the guy isn't fast, but the guy has an awesome burst which means he can get to his top end speed within two steps. Brown is solid, but won't be a world beater.

El Jefe
02-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Levi Brown no doubt in my mind he would be our franchise LT. Okoye's stock is half in potential I would love to have him but not over an almost gurantee in Brown.

eazyb81
02-02-2007, 04:34 PM
so you are using this guy and Kiper as your sources?

Dude, Jarrett is a player the guy isn't fast, but the guy has an awesome burst which means he can get to his top end speed within two steps. Brown is solid, but won't be a world beater.

Why wouldn't I use their info? It's their job to follow prospects, and they are obviously good at what they do.

That's fine if you think Jarrett is a better overall prospect than Brown, but i'm not sure it's as obvious as you make it out to be. Both players have the potential to be Pro Bowlers at their respective positions.

suds79
02-02-2007, 05:26 PM
I honestly feel that Levi Brown is the BPA.

Now I believe Jarrett is really close. So if the Chiefs determine he's the guy, I'm fine with that. I'd be excited to have him.

Personally I feel speed is overrated at the WR position. IMO it's about running routes (ex: double moves as that's how you get wide open) and presenting the QB a nice big target that can go up an get almost any ball.

And he!! yes you've got to sometimes (note sometimes) pick according to need.

Example:

Say when the Bears pick this year the BPA are...

1 - Some MLB
2 - Some QB rated just behind the MLB.

They'd have to be crazy to take a MLB when they have Brian Urlacher and Rex Grossman.

Now that's an extreme example but it's about who fits best with your team.

88TG88
02-02-2007, 05:45 PM
as much as i love USC im going to have to say levi. our offense was pathetic in the playoffs we need to replace black NOW.

B_Ambuehl
02-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Jarrett might be a more impressive athlete but WRs are a dime a dozen. And even if they weren't, not having a top flight WR might cost you a few yards after catch.........not having a left tackle who can get a block can AND WILL cost you multiple football games (see Black, Jordan). As it is, the gap between Jarett and other WRs available in free agency (Dontae Stallworth, Joe Horn, Ashley Lelie) is not as great as the gap between Levi Brown and other OTs available in free agency.

Go back and look at every football team the last 5 years who drafted a WR in Rnd 1 and I'd bet 90% of the time the team that drafted him could have improved more had they drafted a solid foundational football player. Some teams get it (Phillie)...some teams don't (Detroit, Jacksonville).

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Why wouldn't I use their info? It's their job to follow prospects, and they are obviously good at what they do.

That's fine if you think Jarrett is a better overall prospect than Brown, but i'm not sure it's as obvious as you make it out to be. Both players have the potential to be Pro Bowlers at their respective positions.

The reason ?I actually looked up tape and watched games of these kids myself for an educated evaluation

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2007, 11:02 PM
I honestly feel that Levi Brown is the BPA.

Now I believe Jarrett is really close. So if the Chiefs determine he's the guy, I'm fine with that. I'd be excited to have him.

Personally I feel speed is overrated at the WR position. IMO it's about running routes (ex: double moves as that's how you get wide open) and presenting the QB a nice big target that can go up an get almost any ball.

And he!! yes you've got to sometimes (note sometimes) pick according to need.

Levi is a solid prospect, but the guy has some technical flaws that are not too pleasing.

Only thing Jarrett has against him is his combine/ Pro Day measurables

eazyb81
02-02-2007, 11:23 PM
The reason ?I actually looked up tape and watched games of these kids myself for an educated evaluation

You "looked up tape"? Do have all college football games from the past season at your disposal at the local library?

Obviously we all watch college football if we are into the draft, but that doesn't mean you have to ignore everything you hear from analysts and the like and instead just focus on what you see.

Tribal Warfare
02-03-2007, 04:52 AM
You "looked up tape"? Do have all college football games from the past season at your disposal at the local library?

Obviously we all watch college football if we are into the draft, but that doesn't mean you have to ignore everything you hear from analysts and the like and instead just focus on what you see.

my source is the internet vids, and actually watching prospects that KC are targeting

Alphaman
02-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Jarrett might be a more impressive athlete but WRs are a dime a dozen. And even if they weren't, not having a top flight WR might cost you a few yards after catch.........not having a left tackle who can get a block can AND WILL cost you multiple football games (see Black, Jordan). As it is, the gap between Jarett and other WRs available in free agency (Dontae Stallworth, Joe Horn, Ashley Lelie) is not as great as the gap between Levi Brown and other OTs available in free agency.

Go back and look at every football team the last 5 years who drafted a WR in Rnd 1 and I'd bet 90% of the time the team that drafted him could have improved more had they drafted a solid foundational football player. Some teams get it (Phillie)...some teams don't (Detroit, Jacksonville).

Dang....What more can I say than.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent Post. The Chiefs need to look OT and DT in the first 2 rounds of the draft. WR should not be the top priority.

Sure-Oz
02-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Okoye then Jarrett imo

Brock
02-03-2007, 12:07 PM
In that situation, you gotta do what's right for Brodie, OT all the way.

Tribal Warfare
02-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Dang....What more can I say than.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent Post. The Chiefs need to look OT and DT in the first 2 rounds of the draft. WR should not be the top priority.

Yes the BPA is Jarrett or Okoye if they fall

Mecca
02-03-2007, 05:17 PM

Such a dime a dozen that we haven't had a WR in 20 years.....

SBK
02-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Such a dime a dozen that we haven't had a WR in 20 years.....

We had Joe Horn. :cuss:

ROYC75
02-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Thats really tough call there.

But I would take Levi Brown, the next coming of Willie Roaf.

This is royr17 by the way.

Chief Roundup
02-03-2007, 07:41 PM
at this point in time OT, DT, WR

Tribal Warfare
02-03-2007, 09:35 PM
at this point in time OT, DT, WR

:shake: always select the BPA nomatter what.

Chief Roundup
02-03-2007, 09:42 PM
:shake: always select the BPA nomatter what.

Yeah I would agree with you. But just because you, kiper or anyone else "thinks" that whatever player is the best available doesn't mean that player actually is the best available.

Tribal Warfare
02-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah I would agree with you. But just because you, kiper or anyone else "thinks" that whatever player is the best available doesn't mean that player actually is the best available.

I am damn good at evaluating players in general. I was backing Green way back in 2001 when everyone was calling him Trint. Tamba Hali, I knew Tommie Harris would own, Marcus McNeill. The list goes on

the Talking Can
02-04-2007, 07:55 AM
I am damn good at evaluating players in general. I was backing Green way back in 2001 when everyone was calling him Trint. Tamba Hali, I knew Tommie Harris would own, Marcus McNeill. The list goes on

ROFL

you slept in a Holiday-Inn last night?

eazyb81
02-04-2007, 09:35 AM
ROFL

ROFL

Chris Meck
02-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Brown. No doubt.

He's been a great player, and has the size, skill, and experience to play right away.

Okoye is awful young, a little raw, and a little small. All things that can be changed with some time, but I think he's a risk for those reasons.

I also don't think that DT is the most difficult position to fill in the world, despite the Chiefs' inability to get it done under Vermeil. I think the likelihood of finding a guy in the 2nd round is pretty good at that position.

I don't want to hear about Sims, Downing, and Siavii now...there was obviously a problem with scouting the position under Vermeil. I think finding young talent is Herm's strongest point and last year's draft would indicate that he knows what he's doing on that front, particularly defensively.

And I think that while we need a WR, that I wouldn't draft a first rounder-for the following reasons:
1)First year WR rarely make an impact
2)No Chiefs QB will have time to find a WR with the current state of the offensive line
3)Good teams are built from the line out, and our biggest talent vacuums right now are OT, DT and RG (assuming Shields is done.) Right now, we'll have problems running the ball AND passing the ball. A WR is only helpful once the line situation is taken care of. (See Oakland, Detroit.)

Just my opinion.

Tribal Warfare
02-04-2007, 01:03 PM
ROFL

Yes, mints were superb too

chiefs_27
02-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Okoye. Hands down.