View Full Version : Check out what other people are saying about Jarrett

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2007, 10:20 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34673

eazy81's hangout

eazyb81
02-02-2007, 10:52 AM
You stalkin' me?

Later in the thread I made a post about 40 times being overvalued based on my discussion with htismaqe - didn't get much feedback on it.

Anyways, it's interesting to see the different feelings on Jarrett between the group on here and the NFLDC group.

htismaqe
02-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Seems to me alot of people there think the comparisons to Williams are...

Well, how does "silly" compare to "laughable"?

:D

htismaqe
02-02-2007, 11:08 AM
And I did respond to your post about 40 times, and ChiefNJ's as well...

eazyb81
02-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Actually I think it's a fairly even split over there in regards to whether Jarrett is comparable to M Williams.

eazyb81
02-02-2007, 11:11 AM
And I did respond to your post about 40 times, and ChiefNJ's as well...

?

I was talking about my post on that NFLDC thread.

htismaqe
02-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Oh, I guess I didn't see it.

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2007, 02:51 PM
:fire:

I love this anti-Jarrett propaganda

BigChiefFan
02-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Jarrett will make a fine no.2 possession reciever, with potential to become a no. 1 WR eventually. He doesn't have the best 40 time, but he's a guy with a football mentality. I can see him going in the draft as high as 15th overall. He runs great routes and has excellent hands. The only knock on him is his speed.

Tribal Warfare
02-08-2007, 04:38 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34842&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

more anti-Jarrett propaganda

suds79
02-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Jarrett will make a fine no.2 possession reciever, with potential to become a no. 1 WR eventually. He doesn't have the best 40 time, but he's a guy with a football mentality. I can see him going in the draft as high as 15th overall. He runs great routes and has excellent hands. The only knock on him is his speed.

Which is why he's perfect for us.

I think speed just might be the most overrated aspect in looking at WRs.

How many times do you see a WR just blow past a CB by out running him? (See Sammie Parker. Very, very fast. Yet it never happens.)

Everybody in the NFL is fast. IMO, how you get open is by running good routes and double moves... Tricking the CB.

Furthermore, what I do like about Jarrett is when he's running down the field and if the CB is stride for stride with him, he's still capable of making that catch. Just throw it high.

BigChiefFan
02-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Which is why he's perfect for us.

I think speed just might be the most overrated aspect in looking at WRs.

How many times do you see a WR just blow past a CB by out running him? (See Sammie Parker. Very, very fast. Yet it never happens.)

Everybody in the NFL is fast. IMO, how you get open is by running good routes and double moves... Tricking the CB.

Furthermore, what I do like about Jarrett is when he's running down the field and if the CB is stride for stride with him, he's still capable of making that catch. Just throw it high.

I agree. I believe Jarrett will be a fine possession receiver in the NFL. I think of Keenan McCardell when I see Jarrett play. Hopefully, we have a shot at him in the draft. That said, I can't remember the last we drafted a WR in the 1st round(that may be part of the problem).

Tribal Warfare
02-16-2007, 04:25 PM
I agree. I believe Jarrett will be a fine possession receiver in the NFL. I think of Keenan McCardell when I see Jarrett play. Hopefully, we have a shot at him in the draft. That said, I can't remember the last we drafted a WR in the 1st round(that may be part of the problem).

Slyvester Morris in 2000

BigChiefFan
02-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Slyvester Morris in 2000
Morris' problem was he was injury plagued and nobody had him slated as a 1st rounder(except the Chiefs).

suds79
02-16-2007, 04:33 PM
You know Slyvester Morris had a decent rookie season.

Most rookie WRs don't do much.

I'd just like to see us get away from all these shrimp WRs.

Chris Meck
02-23-2007, 06:21 AM
for what I am sure will not be anywhere close to the last time...

Morris had good size, decent speed, and good hands. He had an excellent rookie season with 48 catches for like 900 yards. then he blew his knee out and was done. T.O. had fewer catches as a rookie.

This was in no way a BAD pick by The Chiefs. Unlucky, yes. bad, no.

Chris

Tribal Warfare
02-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Morris' problem was he was injury plagued and nobody had him slated as a 1st rounder(except the Chiefs).

I concur, why does everyone think I'm cutting on Morris in this thread?