PDA

View Full Version : Favre will.......

rageeumr
02-02-2007, 12:37 PM
play next year?? Chalk me up in the "surprised" column.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6435260?MSNHPHMA

rageeumr
02-02-2007, 12:39 PM
The Green Bay Packers won't have to wait until the start of free agency again to learn the future of their star quarterback.

Future Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre has decided to return to the team in 2007 and told team brass of his decision earlier today, sources close to Favre told FOXSports.com.

Favre himself ascertained as much in an interview with the Biloxi Sun Herald.

"I am so excited about coming back," Favre told the newspaper. "We have a good nucleus of young players. We were 8-8 last year and that's encouraging."

Favre is down in his home state of Mississippi and has had multiple talks with team officials this off-season. Unlike last year, when Favre allowed his decision to linger through rumor upon rumor, this year he's being much more team-friendly in letting his teammates know his deal.

Last year's mess started at the Super Bowl with wideout Donald Driver telling radio stations Favre was going to retire. Then, a rumor ran rampant that Favre would announce his retirement at a golf tournament, only to have a non-announcement rain on the gathered media's parade.

It is unclear when Favre or the team will make an official announcement about the decision.

Following the Packers' season finale against the Bears on New Year's Eve, Favre uncharacteristically become very emotional on national TV in an interview with NBC's Andrea Kreamer. After posing for a photo with his offensive line, Favre had difficulties getting through his answers and at the time it certainly seemed as if he had played his last game.

"It's tough. It's tough," Favre said in that interview. "I'm going to miss these guys and miss the game. Just wanted to let them know that. I wasn't planning on doing this, either."

However, something must have changed his mind since then.

During this past season head coach Mike McCarthy tried to convince Favre to return, as the new head coach felt the living legend was part of the solution, not the problem. The team went as far as giving Favre an office in their facility to get his work done.

Late last season Favre seemed pleased with the direction of the team, especially the growth of some younger players. Unlike the previous season when the quarterback didn't know what much of his personnel will be, that question is now taken out of the equation. Green Bay had a much better season than many prognosticators predicted and the team was even in the playoff hunt late into the season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2007, 12:39 PM
That sound you hear in the background is Ted Thompson loading a revolver.

BIG_DADDY
02-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Cool!!! Good for him.

boogblaster
02-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Favre will..........play for the Chiefs next year..Don't do it Carl...DDDDDDooooonnnn''''''TTTT...

Redrum_69
02-02-2007, 12:42 PM
SIX TOUCHDOWNS FROM MARINOS RECORD

I'm glad hes back....he breaks that record....he'll then be guaranteed a spot on the NFL network..or FOX...or whatever

NJ Chief Fan
02-02-2007, 12:43 PM
SIX TOUCHDOWNS FROM MARINOS RECORD

I'm glad hes back....he breaks that record....he'll then be guaranteed a spot on the NFL network..or FOX...or whatever

...or alongside Madden, can't you vision the slobber fest?

BIG_DADDY
02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Favre will..........play for the Chiefs next year..Don't do it Carl...DDDDDDooooonnnn''''''TTTT...

After all, you are never too old to hand the ball off.

Kerberos
02-02-2007, 12:48 PM
After all, you are never too old to hand the ball off.

Just ask Steve Deberg.

Archie Bunker
02-02-2007, 12:48 PM
He is one of my all-time favorite players. Glad he's coming back.

Stinger
02-02-2007, 12:49 PM
That Arron Rogers pick is looking better and better every year :rolleyes:

Kerberos
02-02-2007, 12:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2752040

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Favre needs to retire. He's holding his teams future back.

StcChief
02-02-2007, 12:52 PM
No surprise....

rageeumr
02-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Favre needs to retire. He's holding his teams future back.

I think Favre has a better chance of coming back and playing at a high level than Trent does...

dtebbe
02-02-2007, 12:54 PM

One thing would be for sure, we'd never see Madden's face again. Maybe the back of his head on occasion, but never his face...

DT

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I think Favre has a better chance of coming back and playing at a high level than Trent does...

Unfortinately you are probably right. But thats just because Trent is permanently retarted.

Chief Nute
02-02-2007, 01:10 PM
You know.......all the Packers would have to do if they want to get rid of Brett is trade for Jordan Black. One trip down ole I-65, and Brett will be singing the blues........

Tynes, Black and Dante Hall for AJ Hawk.

Sounds about right. :toast:

B_Ambuehl
02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Guy should've been permanently benched 2 years ago. Regardless of how many superbowls he's won or who he is or how good he looks scrambling around and throwing sidearm passes or whatever you can't throw as many INTs as he does and expect your football team to be worth a shit.

CoMoChief
02-02-2007, 01:32 PM
He's great for the integrity of the game. He's been one of my favorites players for a long time because he's a ****in warrior out on the field.

cadmonkey
02-02-2007, 01:36 PM

not so much slobber, but it'll be good not to hear Madden's voice anymore as he'll be under the desk blowing Brett the whole time

Kclee
02-02-2007, 01:41 PM
If memory serves me right, Favre has beat every team but 2. The Chiefs and the Packers. Don't we play them this coming year also. So he gets one last chance to beat the Chiefs.

Chief Nute
02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
If memory serves me right, Favre has beat every team but 2. The Chiefs and the Packers. Don't we play them this coming year also. So he gets one last chance to beat the Chiefs.

False information. He has beaten the Packers on more than one occasion.

OnTheWarpath15
02-02-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm glad he's coming back.

Wouldn't mind seeing this matchup as the 2007 Home opener.

Halfcan
02-02-2007, 02:38 PM
He is one of my all-time favorite players. Glad he's coming back.

He is my favorite current player. I am glad he is coming back too. It would be awesome if he could play two more years. Put the records where Mangina can't reach them.

Halfcan
02-02-2007, 02:40 PM
He's great for the integrity of the game. He's been one of my favorites players for a long time because he's a ****in warrior out on the field.

I couldn't agree more!!

02-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Now he will pull a Rickey Williams and choose to retire 2 months after the draft and leave them in a real mess.

Frazod
02-02-2007, 03:17 PM
One thing would be for sure, we'd never see Madden's face again. Maybe the back of his head on occasion, but never his face...

DT

No shit.

One day, Favre will retire and Madden will die. On both counts, hopefully sooner rather than later. :grr:

RealSNR
02-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Good for Favre. It's actually the best for the Packers. Green Bay would be screwed if they relied on Rodgers, who sucked in the first place and then had a season ending injury on top of that. The Pack have a chance to mop up the floor in that weak ass NFCN and make a decent playoff run.

DJ_is_the_realdeal
02-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Good for Brett. He is a class act and a warrior.

Bugeater
02-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Dude bawled his eyes out after the last game of the season, and now he's coming back. What a focking drama queen.

Halfcan
02-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I will never understand all the hate for Brett?? If he was a Chief all this time, we would have a few Championships.

kcchiefs12983
02-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I believe we play them in kc this year, im gonna go down on the field and take the ball from him like the one guy did in cincy 1 year.

Frazod
02-02-2007, 10:48 PM
I will never understand all the hate for Brett?? If he was a Chief all this time, we would have a few Championships.

I don't hate Favre. But I am sick of this endless OH MY GOD HE'S RETIRING SO LET'S GO OUT AND SUCK HIM OFF ONE LAST TIME, over and over and over and over.

:banghead:

Halfcan
02-02-2007, 10:50 PM
I don't hate Favre. But I am sick of this endless OH MY GOD HE'S RETIRING SO LET'S GO OUT AND SUCK HIM OFF ONE LAST TIME, over and over and over and over.

:banghead:

I said all along he was coming back- you should pay attention to the wisdom I am blessing the Planet with-lol :)

Hammock Parties
02-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Rodgers is being screwed.

crazycoffey
02-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Rodgers is being screwed.

is he being screwed any harder than you get ass screwed?

Hammock Parties
02-02-2007, 11:22 PM
is he being screwed any harder than you get ass screwed?

I regret to inform you that I have never been ass screwed.

Braincase
02-03-2007, 08:55 AM
I regret to inform you that I have never been ass screwed.

I would never admit to having regrets about NOT being ass screwed.

HMc
02-03-2007, 09:01 AM
ty law will find a way to make brett look good

Extra Point
02-03-2007, 09:42 AM
I would have double bagged my groceries, because they were weighed down by all the Prilosec OTC I bought. I thought they would help throw footballs at caution symbols on hay trailers across ponds better.

Sure-Oz
02-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Good for him, he still can play.....it's not really good for the team though imo.

Easy 6
02-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Bretts arm is still top 5 in the league, its his decision making that has taken a wrong turn without a strong willed Holmgren around to jump his case about it.

I'm glad he's coming back, as much as the constant drone about him gets old, its only because he actually deserves it. If they can put some talent around him & McCarthy can grow a pair & confront Brett about his dumb chucks the Pack could take the NFCN in 07.

For me, the guy is what football is all about.

StcChief
02-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Good for him at 38. He's a guy that just gets it done.

mfkrush
02-03-2007, 01:13 PM
As a Chicago Bears fan I am all for Brett Favre playing. Even tho he ripped apart our defense for many years, I have the utmost respect for him. Great player and a great guy. I can't wait until he breaks the record.