PDA

View Full Version : Good Lord: 121 Killed in Iraq Bombing

PinkFloyd
02-03-2007, 03:29 PM
By STEVEN R. HURST, Associated Press Writer
14 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A suicide bomber driving a truck loaded with explosives hidden beneath cooking oil, canned food and bags of flour obliterated a Baghdad food market on Saturday, killing at least 121 people in one of the most fearsome attacks in the capital since the U.S. invasion in 2003.

PinkFloyd
02-03-2007, 03:32 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070203/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

Pants
02-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey, it's better in Iraq this way.

petegz28
02-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Some thought it better when Sadaam did it as opposed to a suicide bomber

boogblaster
02-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Ali loves the warrior...taught since birth...

Valiant
02-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Its the Americans fault that Iraqi's are killing themselves...

petegz28
02-03-2007, 04:07 PM

Yep we made the guy go blow himself up....Bush told me himself

C-Mac
02-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I just dont get it...... :shake:

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 04:13 PM
we should probably send more people

MIAdragon
02-03-2007, 04:17 PM
now if we could only get them to do more of that in a few years the middle east will be a much more tranquil place.

nychief
02-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Smell the freedom? Oh wait, that is a burning corpse. My bad.

elvomito
02-03-2007, 04:21 PM
tarantino only wrote the script, he didn't direct it

PinkFloyd
02-03-2007, 04:34 PM
This war will never end... As long as we are over there --- things will only get worse...

My views are mixed... If we pull out and come home --- will there be more terrorist attacks here in the U.S.???

Or; do we stay and try to get the mission completed ??? Is there really a mission now ??? Will we, or can we, take out every terrorist cell over there ??? I don't honestly think so...

I think we're fu@ked !!!!

chubychecker
02-03-2007, 04:57 PM
What happened in Rwanda after the UN pulled their "peacekeepers?"

Those that think the reason for violence in Iraq is due to U.S. presence our completely misinformed. If we pull out it would be total anarchy over there. Many more innocents would be killed.

PinkFloyd
02-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Nukes.................... It does a bad body good !!!

:)

Deberg_1990
02-03-2007, 05:00 PM
If we pull out it would be total anarchy over there. Many more innocents would be killed.

Perhaps, but its time for the people of Iraq to take destiny into their own hands and take control of their own country.

Sink or swim.....

Hydrae
02-03-2007, 05:01 PM
About time one of these idiots gets a decent return on his sacrifice. I will never understand the mindset that allows a person to do this but I really don't get it when they only take out a couple of people. This guy was much more of a success.

PinkFloyd
02-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Perhaps, but its time for the people of Iraq to take destiny into their own hands and take control of their own country.

Sink or swim.....

I'm leaning towards that more and more each day... It's YOUR country --- not ours... Defend it yourself...

Hillary will take care of all of this mess !!!

ROFL

Extra Point
02-03-2007, 05:04 PM
The thing is, when we pull out of Iraq, the Shiites and the Sunnis will wage civil war there. We will have no conduit for trade in oil. You pick a side, the other will make trade for you more miserable.
In economic terms, both those sects hating us keeps Iran and Saudi Arabia in check. Sourcing thru Kuwait, even though it's the world's largest producer/ sq. mi., has its benefits.

MIAdragon
02-03-2007, 05:05 PM
About time one of these idiots gets a decent return on his sacrifice. I will never understand the mindset that allows a person to do this but I really don't get it when they only take out a couple of people. This guy was much more of a success.

Id hardly call it a "sacrifice" more like Idiocy. But a success he was.

BucEyedPea
02-03-2007, 05:14 PM
What happened in Rwanda after the UN pulled their "peacekeepers?"

Those that think the reason for violence in Iraq is due to U.S. presence our completely misinformed. If we pull out it would be total anarchy over there. Many more innocents would be killed.
You can't stop internal civil war, they have to fight it out on their own like we did ours.

I don't want any more of our soldiers killed for sectarian warfare.
Support the troops.

SCChief
02-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Sad. Just sad.

Frazod
02-03-2007, 05:36 PM

Well, we did depose and hang the one guy who was capable of getting them to play nice.

Deberg_1990
02-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Well, we did depose and hang the one guy who was capable of getting them to play nice.

huh?? His own people hung him. Not the Americans.

Valiant
02-03-2007, 05:50 PM
As much of a tyrant that Saddam was for killing all of his own people, especially the ones that could have opposed him.. Looks like him being evil was a godsend for that area.. Now they just freely kill themselves over a small difference in there beliefs...

Frazod
02-03-2007, 05:54 PM
huh?? His own people hung him. Not the Americans.You know what I meant. He's both no longer in power and dead because of us.

I was never a fan, but as I've said before, Saddam knew how to keep all the mindless zealot turds in his country under control - he ground them under his f#cking boot so hard that they were too busy screaming to do anything else; basically daycare for cavemen. When they are allowed to operate unchecked, well, we've seen what they've done, primarily to each other, for years now. Do you think it's any better now? I sure as hell don't.

Saddam did what was necessary to maintain control, and we won't. Yes, his methods sucked. But NOTHING ELSE WILL EVER WORK WITH THESE ANIMALS. It's really that simple.

Deberg_1990
02-03-2007, 06:04 PM
You know what I meant. He's both no longer in power and dead because of us.

I was never a fan, but as I've said before, Saddam knew how to keep all the mindless zealot turds in his country under control - he ground them under his f#cking boot so hard that they were too busy screaming to do anything else; basically daycare for cavemen. When they are allowed to operate unchecked, well, we've seen what they've done, primarily to each other, for years now. Do you think it's any better now? I sure as hell don't.

Saddam did what was necessary to maintain control, and we won't. Yes, his methods sucked. But NOTHING ELSE WILL EVER WORK WITH THESE ANIMALS. It's really that simple.

Well said....i cant say that i disagree.

eazyb81
02-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh no, more bad news: John Goodman died in the explosion.

Pants
02-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Some thought it better when Sadaam did it as opposed to a suicide bomber

Pretty sure 98% of Iraq's populace felt it was pretty safe to let their kids go play in the streets under Saddam. Now whole familes die because Saddam isn't there to control the ****ing idiots blowing themselves up.

Now, if you notice, I did NOT say it was good in Iraq under Saddam, it was horrible there, absolutely horrible... BUT it didn't get better after the US invasion, for 98% of the people it got much worse.

Bowser
02-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh no, more bad news: John Goodman died in the explosion.

Are you sure it wasn't just John Goodman that got blown up, and they just thought it was 121 people?

MIAdragon
02-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Pretty sure 98% of Iraq's populace felt it was pretty safe to let their kids go play in the streets under Saddam. Now whole familes die because Saddam isn't there to control the ****ing idiots blowing themselves up.

Now, if you notice, I did NOT say it was good in Iraq under Saddam, it was horrible there, absolutely horrible... BUT it didn't get better after the US invasion, for 98% of the people it got much worse.

I disagree, please ask the Kurds if that’s the case, oh no you cant they we gassed. There are many Middle Eastern countries that maintain control with out resorting to murder. Its the Iraqi populace that needs to set up here. While they complain about the violence and blame the US its they who are at fault. THEY support this movement, take a stand. Tell your husband, you brother, your son to stop the violence, stop funneling money take control of you future and let us get the hell out.

KChiefer
02-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Senseless and extremely sad. :(

Tactical Funky
02-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Are you sure it wasn't just John Goodman that got blown up, and they just thought it was 121 people?
LMAO LMAO

Oh shit, I'm going to hell... :(

ClevelandChief
02-03-2007, 06:26 PM
We should empty our prison system of everyone that is sentenced to life or the death penalty, put em in plane drop them off in iraq/iran and bring our troops home. Give the prisoners some guns/ammo/food/water and tell them if you live you're free.

BucEyedPea
02-03-2007, 06:32 PM
The thing is, when we pull out of Iraq, the Shiites and the Sunnis will wage civil war there.
You're a little late. They are in a civil war. Some experts have said they have been in a civil war for at least a year now.

We will have no conduit for trade in oil. You pick a side, the other will make trade for you more miserable.
Bush administration should of thought about this before going in.
So long as people need customers, they can't necessarily choose who they are.
The big bad SH sold his oil to us still.

In economic terms, both those sects hating us keeps Iran and Saudi Arabia in check. Sourcing thru Kuwait, even though it's the world's largest producer/ sq. mi., has its benefits.

I don't understand this one. I know Iran and Saudis don't care for one another as there is a Shia-Sunni divide in the Arab world. But keeping SH in there is what was a check between Iran and SA. Now we have a Shia (Iran) crescent in the area.

Whole thing was a dumb move. Whats worse, is a war with Iran is being planned to boot.

PunkinDrublic
02-03-2007, 07:05 PM
You only post the bad things that happen under the occupation what about all the good things that are happening. :rolleyes:

Bowser
02-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I wonder if we'll make it to 50 posts before this gets moved to DC.

PinkFloyd
02-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I wonder if we'll make it to 50 posts before this gets moved to DC.

I probably should have put it there, but figured it would get more attention here...

If it needs to be moved --- that's fine with me...

Bowser
02-03-2007, 07:22 PM
I probably should have put it there, but figured it would get more attention here...

If it needs to be moved --- that's fine with me...

I have no problem with it. Usually any thread that even flirts with being political is ushered to DC pronto like.

PinkFloyd
02-03-2007, 07:32 PM
I have no problem with it. Usually any thread that even flirts with being political is ushered to DC pronto like.

I don't voice myself on politics too much... I might visit the D.C. Lounge once in awhile and do some reading, but as far as posting, I usually stay away from it...

I'm more content on the sports world...

Extra Point
02-03-2007, 07:38 PM
This is thread-worthy, just because of the high head count. Sad deal.

This ain't civil war, yet. When we're gone, things will escalate way beyond the way things are now. When Iran steps further in, we'll let them piss away their resources so that they can't afford to build a nuke bomb.

Bugeater
02-03-2007, 07:42 PM
You're a little late. They are in a civil war. Some experts have said they have been in a civil war for at least a year now.

Bush administration should of thought about this before going in.
So long as people need customers, they can't necessarily choose who they are.
The big bad SH sold his oil to us still.

I don't understand this one. I know Iran and Saudis don't care for one another as there is a Shia-Sunni divide in the Arab world. But keeping SH in there is what was a check between Iran and SA. Now we have a Shia (Iran) crescent in the area.

Whole thing was a dumb move. Whats worse, is a war with Iran is being planned to boot.
Yeah let's keep driving the point home about how stupid the Bush administration was for going in, that'll solve all of our problems.

BucEyedPea
02-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah let's keep driving the point home about how stupid the Bush administration was for going in, that'll solve all of our problems.
Yeah well when someone says the place is NOT in civil war or waitin' for the place to be one, when they already are....some points need to be driven home over and over as a reminder that it's not worth it to stay and get more of our guys killed... especially when a claim of not being able to get oil is presented. We can always buy oil.

Oh, and 70% of Americans feel the same way too.

Bugeater
02-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah well when someone says the place is NOT in civil war or waitin' for the place to be one, when they already are....some points need to be driven home over and over as a reminder that it's not worth it to stay and get more of our guys killed... especially when a claim of not being able to get oil is presented. We can always buy oil.

Oh, and 70% of Americans feel the same way too.
I'm fine with discussion about what to do now, but mindlessly piling on Bush for going in and acting like you knew all along that it was going to go like this is a bit arrogant on your part. I think we can all agree in hindsight it was a bad idea to go in, but we did and now we have to deal with it. Save your anti-Bush bullshit for DC.

tiptap
02-03-2007, 09:10 PM
This fued between Sunni and Shia is not unlike the Catholic/Protestant clash in Europe. Both regions were dominated by central control (kingdoms in Europe Kingdoms and tyrants in ME). Both saw brutallity on both sides of the religious devide. People used the devide for political and personal reasons (like Henry the eigth or French change of Nante agreements). It is religiously driven. The US avoided this by insisting upon religious freedom.

As such I think we need to get out of harms way and just try and keep the lid on the sectarian action. I can see that once Americans are sort of out of the way, the different religious groups will exhaust their efforts on each other. And that isn't bad. We can't make a difference at this point. Bring the patriots home and defend the hemisphere.