PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time a team won the Super Bowl with the 32nd run D?

Chiefs Pantalones
02-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Oh yeah...never.

Is it how sad the NFC is or something?

I wonder if the Chiefs would have won the Super Bowl in 03 if they would have gotten favorable matchups like the Colts did this postseason with playing teams with crappy offenses and such.

Oh well, congrats to the Colts!

htismaqe
02-04-2007, 08:49 PM
The Colts played 3 teams with pretty good running games and they stopped all of them. Bob Sanders coming back made a HUGE difference.

KcMizzou
I'd like to know where they found the D they've used in the playoffs. I'm not convinced they're the same guys.

|Zach|
I don't think we have a crappy offense.

HMc
02-04-2007, 08:50 PM
the saints would have showed up today

jjjayb

Just a crappy coach.

headsnap

the offense isn't, but the playcalling is!

kcxiv
Our offense wasnt complete shit, but it was horrible compared to the last 5 years. We were probably in the middle of the pack for 06.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-04-2007, 08:52 PM
The Colts played 3 teams with pretty good running games and they stopped all of them. Bob Sanders coming back made a HUGE difference.

Bob Sanders is not Jesus, Iowa. Stop it.

;)

|Zach|
02-04-2007, 08:53 PM
I think we need to do some things different for sure...and we will...another year to get the people we want in.

The same crappy offense and coaches put 35 on the board the week before.

htismaqe
02-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Our offense wasnt complete shit, but it was horrible compared to the last 5 years. We were probably in the middle of the pack for 06.

Our RB set a franchise record for yards in a season...

htismaqe
02-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Bob Sanders is not Jesus, Iowa. Stop it.

;)

Never said he was Jesus. But the difference in the Colts run defense without him, and with him, is STRIKING. :D

Bowser
02-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Never said he was Jesus. But the difference in the Colts run defense without him, and with him, is STRIKING. :D

Boooooo!!

Chiefs Pantalones
02-04-2007, 09:03 PM
What are team needs, not just the offense, but TEAM, is more leadership and better execution. Solution---draft and bring in some different guys to get it done.

Deberg_1990
02-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I honestly think the Colts got complacent and maybe even a little bored midway through the season. They started off 9-0 again and it was a sort of a "been there done that" feeling...

just a guess......i have no idea what the team dynamic is there.

digi2fish
02-04-2007, 09:07 PM
bring back William Bartee

BigVE
02-04-2007, 09:13 PM
I give the colts D HUGE props, THEY stepped up as a unit when it matters most, something most teams cants/wont/dont do. They didnt change much other than thier attitudes and work ethics. Major props.

htismaqe
02-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I give the colts D HUGE props, THEY stepped up as a unit when it matters most, something most teams cants/wont/dont do. They didnt change much other than thier attitudes and work ethics. Major props.

They didn't change much, but Sanders coming back made a huge difference.

the Talking Can
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
now that he's won, will Peyton come out of the closet?

Bearcat
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
The Jacksonville game was probably the best thing that happened to the Colts. The next week Cincy tried to gameplan around running up the gut... and then the Chiefs' RRPP, Ravens, and Bears. Not that having Grossman helps...

Chiefs Pantalones
02-04-2007, 09:16 PM
They didn't change much, but Sanders coming back made a huge difference.

STOP IT, JUST STOP IT!!! ROFL

;)

Fairplay
02-04-2007, 09:16 PM

Hes going to propose to Grossman in just a few minutes on national tv.

Deberg_1990
02-04-2007, 09:19 PM

Agreed. All these people making excuses for why the Colts won is ridiculous.

They outplayed every team they played and stepped up when it mattered most.

My hats off to them.

KcMizzou
02-04-2007, 09:20 PM

My hats off to them.Who... for example?

htismaqe
02-04-2007, 09:21 PM
STOP IT, JUST STOP IT!!! ROFL

;)

Hey, the pundits talked about it for 2 straight weeks and the Colt players to a man said that was the reason. It's hard to hear it non-stop and remain humble. :D

Deberg_1990
02-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Who... for example?

The thread starter for one. Favorable matchups???? hahaha....

No one was saying that before the playoffs started....

htismaqe
02-04-2007, 09:23 PM

My hats off to them.

It's not just that they "stepped up".

They stepped up in the most unimaginable way - by turning the league's worst defense into a juggernaut just in time for the postseason.

BigVE
For me one thing that I couldnt get past when i wanted to ROOT for the bears is the absolute fact that they had the easiest regular season schedule that set them up to make a relatively easy playoff run in a weak division/conference. Colts simply outplayed them. NO doubt the best team one.

Chiefs Pantalones

My hats off to them.

I'm not making any excuses for them really, they won and no one can take that away. Something we haven't done for like a billion years.

Fairplay
It was raining hard through most of the game.

That should've the difference maker for the Bears to have won this game.

Even God could himself could not help them out.

KcMizzou
The thread starter for one. Oh. Good point. :doh!:

Chiefs Pantalones
02-04-2007, 09:25 PM
The thread starter for one. Favorable matchups???? hahaha....

No one was saying that before the playoffs started....

Sweet!

I want my name changed to Thread Starter!! ;)

Frazod
02-04-2007, 09:44 PM

He really should.

God I hate that motherf#cker. :#

cdcox
02-04-2007, 10:51 PM
The Jacksonville game was probably the best thing that happened to the Colts. The next week Cincy tried to gameplan around running up the gut... and then the Chiefs' RRPP, Ravens, and Bears. Not that having Grossman helps...

I was just going to post this exact same thing. The Colts definitly played some better D down the stretch, but you don't go from a bad D to a dominant D once you get to the playoffs. All the teams that the Colts faced down the stretch went one dimensional on offense. And the Colts knew they would do it in advance. That is a huge advantage.

TEX
02-04-2007, 11:59 PM
I was just going to post this exact same thing. The Colts definitly played some better D down the stretch, but you don't go from a bad D to a dominant D once you get to the playoffs. All the teams that the Colts faced down the stretch went one dimensional on offense. And the Colts knew they would do it in advance. That is a huge advantage.

However, the Colts MADE the Pats go one dimensional. This team stepped it up BIG when it absolutely counted most. Once they got Sanders back, it seemed to lift them defensively and they didn't play like the 32 defense any longer.

Plus, they also adjusted offensively in that they got it done with Manning throwing a heck of allot of picks. They seemed to take what opposing defenses gave them and took their shots down field when the time was right. My hat's off to them as I was pulling for them once they beat the Chiefs.

Defensively, I wonder if the Chiefs could have done the same in '03 if Maz had been able to make it back?...No, the scheme was really messed up - right? :hmmm:

Offensively, IMO there's no way that Saundars and company would have been willing or able to adjust so quickly.

TinyEvel
02-05-2007, 12:14 AM
I'd like to know where they found the D they've used in the playoffs. I'm not convinced they're the same guys.

They got it as a gift from THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS in the first round of the playoffs.

Our offense and Herm/Solari's playcalling made their D feel invincible. They got the confidence they needed to believe in themselves and then took it to the field.

Herm and Solari should get MVP honors for Indy's SB success

TEX
02-05-2007, 12:45 AM
They got it as a gift from THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS in the first round of the playoffs.

Our offense and Herm/Solari's playcalling made their D feel invincible. They got the confidence they needed to believe in themselves and then took it to the field.

Herm and Solari should get MVP honors for Indy's SB success

Been saying this all year, it's more Herm than Solari. Herm won the war in Preseason and it's been his show ever since.