PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Minds

luv
02-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Just watched the beginning of it before coming home. I thought it was cool the way they tied the end of the Super Bowl into it. Think I'll turn it on and watch the end of it.

milkman
02-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Criminal Minds is a pretty good show, though they just recently replaced a regular with a new character who isn't a very good replacement.

luv
02-04-2007, 10:01 PM
I like it. This one's got technological talk, which I'm not great at understanding. I love to see different ways people's minds work.

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:02 PM
I like it. This one's got technological talk, which I'm not great at understanding. I love to see different ways people's minds work.

We get alot of that on here...

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:03 PM
We get alot of that on here...

The part about the way peoples minds work I mean...

milkman
02-04-2007, 10:04 PM
The part about the way peoples minds work I mean...

Not really.

A lot of the people's minds on here don't work at all.

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Not really.

A lot of the people's minds on here don't work at all.

Your right --- my bad...

KcMizzou
02-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Your right --- my bad...Case in point...

:D

luv
02-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Case in point...

Beware of the grammar police. :p

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Case in point...

I had to look at that 3 times... Thought maybe I spelled "your" wrong...

ROFL

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Beware of the grammar police. :p

Ok Ok Ok ... Your --- You're ...

Mr. Laz
02-04-2007, 10:13 PM
criminal minds is a good show ... a smart show

but it can also be pretty graphic

not for the squeamish :shake:

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:14 PM

YOU'RE right...

luv
02-04-2007, 10:16 PM

Eh, they're only slicing throats on this one. :p

It appears some Jezabel is about to get eaten by mad dogs.

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Eh, they're only slicing throats on this one. :p

It appears some Jezabel is about to get eaten by mad dogs.

I love horror movies... The more blood and guts makes me laugh while all the girls are screaming their heads off !!!

KcMizzou
02-04-2007, 10:20 PM

not for the squeamish :shake:I was talking to a buddy about that the other day. They show things on these shows that would make a movie rated "R".

It's amazing what they can get away with these days. (At least as far as gore goes.)

luv
02-04-2007, 10:26 PM
SHIT!!!! I'm not gonna be able to see the end of it. On a friggin' weeknight! How much does that suck?

Mr. Laz
02-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I was talking to a buddy about that the other day. They show things on these shows that would make a movie rated "R".

It's amazing what they can get away with these days. (At least as far as gore goes.)
just wait until they tried and show a boobie

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:28 PM
SHIT!!!! I'm not gonna be able to see the end of it. On a friggin' weeknight! How much does that suck?

Depends on how much she charges !!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thats not directed towards you Luv...

KcMizzou
just wait until they tried and show a boobieExactly.

I'd think nudity would be more acceptable... I mean, that's natural.

milkman

There's these things called VCRs (since I remember you saying you don't have TIVO)that some people use to tape shows they want to watch.

milkman
02-04-2007, 10:30 PM
just wait until they tried and show a boobie

NYPD Blue used to show nudity on a fairly regular basis.

luv
02-04-2007, 10:30 PM
I was talking to a buddy about that the other day. They show things on these shows that would make a movie rated "R".

Actually, if it was too graphic, I wouldn't be able to watch it. Blood and guts type of horror movies give me nightmares. Literally.

KcMizzou
02-04-2007, 10:31 PM
NYPD Blue used to show nudity on a fairly regular basis.Dennis Franz's ass does not count! :cuss:

luv
There's these things called VCRs (since I remember you saying you don't have TIVO)that some people use to tape shows they want to watch.
I have a DVD player.

I wonder if I could get dad to tape it for me?

PinkFloyd
Actually, if it was too graphic, I wouldn't be able to watch it. Blood and guts type of horror movies give me nightmares. Literally.

Sissy !!!

luv
02-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Dennis Franz's ass does not count! :cuss:
Why not? :p

milkman
02-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Dennis Franz's ass does not count! :cuss:

How about the full frontal of the blonde that played his wife?

luv
02-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Sissy !!!
I love a good suspense thriller. Just no beheadings, ripping out of hearts or intestines, etc.

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:35 PM
I love a good suspense thriller. Just no beheadings, ripping out of hearts or intestines, etc.

Your no fun... I mean ---- well ---- you get the picture... At the movies I mean...

luv
02-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Your no fun... I mean ---- well ---- you get the picture... At the movies I mean...
YOU'RE still not learning YOUR lesson, are you? :p

milkman
02-04-2007, 10:37 PM

I'm not a big fan of that kind of stuff myself.

It doesn't bother me, or give me nightmares, or anything like that.

I just don't find it entertaining.

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:39 PM

I'm beat... 53 games of bowling in 2 days has my mind going :eek:

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:40 PM

YOU'RE getting YOU'RE ASS KICKED IN APRIL !!!!!

Just kidding

milkman
02-04-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm beat... 53 games of bowling in 2 days has my mind going :eek:

Next you'll be going on a killling spree and blaming it on bowling.

luv
02-04-2007, 10:41 PM
YOU'RE getting YOU'RE ASS KICKED IN APRIL !!!!!

Just kidding
So close. :shake:

PinkFloyd
02-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Next you'll be going on a killling spree and blaming it on bowling.

Felt like it a time or two after some of my games...

Baby Lee
02-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Criminal Minds is a pretty good show, though they just recently replaced a regular with a new character who isn't a very good replacement.
Do NOT diss Paget Brewster, or I'll have to put you in Chandler's time-out box and you'll miss Thanksgiving dinner.

Baby Lee
02-05-2007, 09:51 AM
How about the full frontal of the blonde that played his wife?
If you will recall, Jr's jughead ears actually covered the naughty bits.

Bearcat
02-05-2007, 10:05 AM
I was pulled in by the previews, and knew that hour was just a teaser for people to start watching.... the upside is that it's on the same night as Lost, so it'll give me a reason to quit watching that.

NewChief
02-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Criminal Minds is, imho, currently the best show on network television. Of course, the only station I get is CBS, so my sample is probably a little small to speak with authority. Still, it's a great show. Last night's episode didn't dissapoint. I'm glad that we'll get to see the conclusion on Wednesday instead of having to wait a full week.

NewChief
02-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Great episode. Reid's character can do without the added complexity of being a dilaudid addict, though. I'm not down with that metaplot.

02-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Just watched the beginning of it before coming home. I thought it was cool the way they tied the end of the Super Bowl into it. Think I'll turn it on and watch the end of it.
How did they tie it into the end of the SB?

luv
02-08-2007, 12:35 AM
How did they tie it into the end of the SB?
At the beginning, it showed the commentary from the Super Bowl saying how the Colts had just won. It pans out to the couple, and they talk with a couple of friends about how football is over....etc.

luv
02-08-2007, 12:36 AM
Great episode. Reid's character can do without the added complexity of being a dilaudid addict, though. I'm not down with that metaplot.
I completely forgot to have dad tape it for me! :deevee:

Phobia
02-08-2007, 12:40 AM
I completely forgot to have dad tape it for me! :deevee:

I don't know if you're aware but we're in the 21st century now. A DVR can be had from any cable or satellite provider for pennies a day - even in Springfield, Missouri.

02-08-2007, 12:42 AM
At the beginning, it showed the commentary from the Super Bowl saying how the Colts had just won. It pans out to the couple, and they talk with a couple of friends about how football is over....etc.
cool. I think NBC did something like that back when they still had the superbowl too.

luv
02-08-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't know if you're aware but we're in the 21st century now. A DVR can be had from any cable or satellite provider for pennies a day - even in Springfield, Missouri.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Maybe I'll ask for one this Christmas. THey should be cheap by then.

02-08-2007, 12:44 AM
If you want to pay for that kind of service.

luv
02-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Is a DVR a DVD recorder? Or is it a service provided by the cable company?

Phobia
02-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Maybe I'll ask for one this Christmas. THey should be cheap by then.
They're FREE. You pay a nominal monthly service charge to use them.

Phobia
02-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Is a DVR a DVD recorder? Or is it a service provided by the cable company?
It's essentially a computer. The computer captures everything coming through the tuner and records it to a hard drive. You can play it back at your leisure.

02-08-2007, 12:59 AM
They're FREE. You pay a nominal monthly service charge to use them.
Hence, not free.

Phobia
02-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Hence, not free.

Are you an accountant?

You can get basic cable or satellite WITH DVR for around $40-50 a month which is probably pretty darn close to what she's paying for cable now.

02-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Are you an accountant?

You can get basic cable or satellite WITH DVR for around $40-50 a month which is probably pretty darn close to what she's paying for cable now.

ROFL NO.

I get basic cable here for $12.50 per month. If I wanted to get the DVRs for my service, I would have to upgrade to digital cable which would cost me $75 per month. I would only watch 5 extra channels outside what I watch on basic. Not worth it to me.

luv
02-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Are you an accountant?

My cable's included in my rent. They'd probably just bill me for the difference, I'm sure. I just never really had the need for it. I don't watch a lot of tv. I wouldn't have watched the show on Sunday had I known I'd miss the end of it. Oh well.

Phobia
02-08-2007, 01:14 AM
How much is your time worth to you?

I watch an hour's worth of programming in 40 minutes. If I watch 10 hours of TV per week (which I do) that's over 3 hours I've recovered in a week's time. In a month that's over 13 hours of time I've added to my life - 13 hours of commercials I've skipped right past. I don't know about what your time is worth but is it worth more than $5 an hour? Because if it is and you watch at least 10 hours of TV a week then pay yourself with a DVR.

02-08-2007, 01:17 AM

I watch an hour's worth of programming in 40 minutes. If I watch 10 hours of TV per week (which I do) that's over 3 hours I've recovered in a week's time. In a month that's over 13 hours of time I've added to my life - 13 hours of commercials I've skipped right past. I don't know about what your time is worth but is it worth more than $5 an hour? Because if it is and you watch at least 10 hours of TV a week then pay yourself with a DVR.
Can you record 3 shows at once?

Phobia
02-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Can you record 3 shows at once?

Can I? Yes, but I have a Satellite DVR and a lifetime TiVo that I've had almost 7 years.

Can your average person with a 2 tuner DVR? No. But you can record 2 shows and watch something that you recorded previously simultaneously.

02-08-2007, 01:20 AM
But you can record 2 shows and watch something that you recorded previously simultaneously.

Now THAT is something I was not aware of.

Baby Lee
02-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Can I? Yes, but I have a Satellite DVR and a lifetime TiVo that I've had almost 7 years.

Can your average person with a 2 tuner DVR? No. But you can record 2 shows and watch something that you recorded previously simultaneously.
And if you have Dishnet's '2-tuner' DVR, you can tape three things at once, so long as one of them is utilizing the OTA tuner instead of the satellite tuner.

BigRedChief
02-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I have TMC's DVR.
I record Grey's Anatomy and CSI at the same time.
Same with Hero's and 24.
Last night was Criminal Minds and Lost.
Friggin networks always put their best shows on against each other.
I either watch them later or after about 20 mintues into the show start watching them.
I record football games and watch them in 2 hours.
Like Phil said...What's your time worth? Mines worth a helluva lot more than the $5 a month rental charge for the DVR.

Bearcat
02-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Football's the best... I can start at halftime and sometimes catch up to realtime before the end of the game. If it's not a game I'm real interested in, I can skip 30 seconds between plays and watch it in about an hour without missing a play.

Live tv sucks :)