PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Ryan Sims

02-10-2007, 08:29 AM
A couple of questions to the brain trust here about Ryan Sims.
First off..what is his future with the Chiefs?will he remain?be cut?waived?
Secondly..I saw he was benched in favor of James Reed at the start of the season..which was kind of shocking since I remember him and Julius Peppers terrorizing people in College.

Lastly..what went wrong with this guy?was he just a bust?lazy?overrated coming out of college?

Thanks in advance.

htismaqe
02-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Lazy.

02-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Lazy.
Is he a goner? and can he be kicked in the ass?

Easy 6
02-10-2007, 09:08 AM
He figured that being drafted so high entitled him to start, all he had to do was show up. I cant wait to be rid of this guy, he totally lacked a passion for the game & cried like a spoiled little girl.

He needs to take his $$$ & open up a Long John Silvers or somethin'.

Kerberos
02-10-2007, 12:54 PM
[b] terrorizing people in College.[\b]

Now all he terrorizes in the Crispy Creme delivery man.

suds79
02-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Can't wait until we cut him.

What a bust. He's killed us ever since he's been here.

1 - He didn't produce. Wasted a high draft pick. That'll set you back for years.

2 - Because he's been a bust, we've spent numerous picks still trying to find a DT and it looks like we're going to do it again in this draft.

morphius
02-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Is he a goner? and can he be kicked in the ass?
Nope, he can't. When Gun came in he installed "his kind of D" and he still didn't do squat. Plus he seems hangnail prone.

Most likely will be cut.

Demonpenz
02-10-2007, 01:18 PM
makes dumbass comments like "other teams see the game tape" please homeboy you get owned by one guy.

Eric
02-10-2007, 01:29 PM
I don't think he's lazy. I think he's untalented.

He made some moves at his senior bowl which impressed even the experts which lifted his stock. He also benched 225 like 25 times so all the dumbasses thought he was good.

He didn't make alot of plays at UNC if i remember.

He can't fight single team blocks.

Next Dtackle has to be TOUGH and must be able to beat one guy and take on TWO blockers and hold his ground and even still get push. Thats why these guys are worth weight in gold.

htismaqe
02-10-2007, 02:15 PM

He made some moves at his senior bowl which impressed even the experts which lifted his stock. He also benched 225 like 25 times so all the dumbasses thought he was good.

He didn't make alot of plays at UNC if i remember.

He can't fight single team blocks.

Next Dtackle has to be TOUGH and must be able to beat one guy and take on TWO blockers and hold his ground and even still get push. Thats why these guys are worth weight in gold.

He absolutely DID make plays at UNC, including single-handedly producing an ESPN Instant Classic against FSU that year. He followed up his senior season with a great Senior Bowl and good workouts. He's very, very talented.

The reason he sucks is because he got a fat contract and immediately moved to Atlanta to hang out with some rap artist (I don't even remember who it was). He was clubbing every night and partying his ass off and never gave a shit about football after that.

02-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the info!

Easy 6
02-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the info!

I'm still trying to figure out why you care Bill, are the Jets thinking about having a look at our useless eater???

02-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why you care Bill, are the Jets thinking about having a look at our useless eater???
The Jets need D Line help badly..they might take a shot at him..but..if he's lazy and doesn't want to work hard he has no shot at all with Mangini..I was also wondering what happened to him..the guy was a stud in college.

Easy 6
02-10-2007, 07:41 PM
The Jets need D Line help badly..they might take a shot at him..but..if he's lazy and doesn't want to work hard he has no shot at all with Mangini..I was also wondering what happened to him..the guy was a stud in college.

Yeah, Mangini isnt going to put up with his shit for long. I suppose its possible that cRyan would straighten up in new environs, but i wouldnt count on it.

He's got several Mil in the bank & just doesnt care anymore IMO.

Mr. Laz
02-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Lazy ....

unwilling to put the effort in off the field so he can make the plays on the field.

El Jefe
02-10-2007, 09:23 PM
He sucks.

Extra Point
02-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Cutting Sims will put him in Denver or Oakland, where he'll finally come out of it and play. I hope he gets a lot of face time with Brian Waters.

Eric
02-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Must read. These guys saw weaknesses in Sims.(slow)

http://syd49ers.tripod.com/moran.html

Compare no.3 to no.4.

Halfcan
02-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Simms was a product of the system-when I say system, I mean playing next to Peppers. This is one of the owrst Chiefs picks ever.

Mr. Laz
02-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Must read. These guys saw weaknesses in Sims.(slow)

http://syd49ers.tripod.com/moran.html

Compare no.3 to no.4.
upper body strength and speed ... pass rushing weakness.

upper body strength - Sims too lazy to get into the weight room and fix it.

speed - can be improved through hard work ... thus lazy again

weak against the pass - The chiefs insisted on putting him at the pass rushing 3 instead of bulking him up and making him at the nose.

combination of coaching and his laziness

both Haynesworth and Henderson went to teams that coached them up and inspired/demanded improvement.

Eric
02-11-2007, 07:33 PM

weak against the pass - The chiefs insisted on putting him at the pass rushing 3 instead of bulking him up and making him at the nose.

both Haynesworth and Henderson went to teams that coached them up and inspired/demanded improvement.

Probably right. He wasn't explosive.

Deberg_1990
02-11-2007, 08:39 PM
I think Sims had talent...as has been said many times: Hes just too lazy to actually work and improve. He got his fat paycheck and basically said "I can coast for 4 or 5 years"

There are lots of players like that in the NFL. Hes not the only one nor will he be the last..

Hound333
02-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Whats sad is we almost didn't have all this headache. The worst thing to happen to the chiefs was when the vikings (I think that is who it was) let their pick run out and we jumped up to get him. They wanted him and we lost out even though we won that day.

Sorry I shouldn't have looked back but lord we passed on John Henderson and Dwight Freeney while moving up to get this turd.

Eric
02-11-2007, 10:48 PM
I think Sims had talent...as has been said many times: Hes just too lazy to actually work and improve. He got his fat paycheck and basically said "I can coast for 4 or 5 years"

There are lots of players like that in the NFL. Hes not the only one nor will he be the last..

I agree with most of what you say and i am no coach but he still never seemed as talented as some others.He is our Mike Mamula(don't give me shit about spelling).He knew how game the system. Like that weblink from the 49er site stated - Slow, not explosive & weak upperbody. Also agree with other poster, he was probably asked to do things he wasn't good at.

HMc
02-12-2007, 12:11 AM
he's our randy moss. well without any production at all

J Diddy
02-12-2007, 02:10 AM
Whats sad is we almost didn't have all this headache. The worst thing to happen to the chiefs was when the vikings (I think that is who it was) let their pick run out and we jumped up to get him. They wanted him and we lost out even though we won that day.

Sorry I shouldn't have looked back but lord we passed on John Henderson and Dwight Freeney while moving up to get this turd.
we moved up to get sims, what happended was it took dallas too long too make the trade

we overran the period of time alloted, the vikings were jonesing but we had someone blocking them.....probably boomers older brother

Hound333
02-12-2007, 06:19 AM
Is that was happened Diddy. I must be getting older and losing it. I could have sworn that the Vikes were the ones that went over and we jumped in line. *shrugs* If I don't remember that maybe I won't remember my mistake here :)

htismaqe
02-12-2007, 09:10 AM

Haynesworth has been suspended multiple times since joining the Titans, he's been in trouble with the law, and his production hasn't been much better than Sims'.

Henderson is marginally better, but he also plays next to possibly the best 4-3 DT in the league...

Radar Chief
02-12-2007, 09:15 AM
we moved up to get sims, what happended was it took dallas too long too make the trade

we overran the period of time alloted, the vikings were jonesing but we had someone blocking them.....probably boomers older brother

Yup, the Vikes guy was physically blocked from the podium so the Chiefs could get their pick in. Supposedly, the Vikes were look’n to take Simms out from under us.
Now I wish we’d have let’em. :banghead:

crazycoffey
02-12-2007, 11:24 AM
I think he's lazy, he had talent, he didn't capitalize, now he thinks he's getting a raw deal and can't wait to be the next welbourne.

I do remember seeing some flashes and at the begininng of last season when his foot got hurt in our opener, he looked like he might have a break out game on day one and possibly a break out year.

He got his lemons and lost the reciepe for lemonaide.