PDA

View Full Version : ***Official KU @ MU Thread***

Pages : 1 [2]

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:44 PM
WTF is Kansas doing here? Put this game away....

Mr. Laz
02-10-2007, 04:45 PM
85-71 KU

foul on wright

Mr. Laz
02-10-2007, 04:45 PM
missed both

85-71

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Has Hannah fouled out?

chiefsfan987
Woo hoo Arizona / Oregon game over and i get to watch the final 3 minutes of KU / MU :)

Silock
Game over.

86-71, 2:40 left.

Mr. Laz
foul on miller .... robinson to the line

2:43 left

robinson missed the 1st ... makes the 2nd

Silock
Has Hannah fouled out?

Yeah, at around the 6 minute mark.

Reerun_KC
Well the Paige Center is thinning out now.. Lots of empty seats....

Mr. Laz
02-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Has Hannah fouled out?
yes ... with like 5 minutes left

Reerun_KC
Yeah, at around the 6 minute mark.
Thanks!

Mr. Laz
86-72

ku's ball

Mr. Laz
02-10-2007, 04:48 PM
wright with another offensive rebound for points

88-72

Mr. Laz
wright

33 pts ... 12 rebounds

Reerun_KC
How about JW? 33 points?

And people were bagging on him earlier today....

Mr. Laz
02-10-2007, 04:49 PM
2 minutes left

90-72 KU

Reerun_KC
Um, kind of quiet on here, where are the purple kitty fans?

DJay23
ABC eats dick
That kind of thing is fine...even expected during tourney time. But during the regular season, it's stupid. Who cares that Oregon lost, they are overrated as it is.

CoMoChief
Run up the score Bill!!!

Reerun_KC
KU has owned MU's weak ass press today....

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:50 PM
That kind of thing is fine...even expected during tourney time. But during the regular season, it's stupid. Who cares that Oregon lost, they are overrated as it is.

Well living in Big 12 country I could give a **** less about the Pac-10

CoMoChief
02-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Um, kind of quiet on here, where are the purple kitty fans?

They're still sore from the butt raping they received Wed night.

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Is that Rock Chalk Jayhawk being sung?

oh the shame of the paige center!

Mr. Laz
92-74 final

Coach
In other words, a thrashing.

Dartgod
Well, that was fugly. Congrats on the sweep.

ArrowheadHawk
02-10-2007, 04:52 PM
how bout that
http://sasd.k12.pa.us/uploadedImages/District/District/Buildings_and_Grounds/animBroom.gif

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Wow, KU flat ran MU and the 40 minutes of hell right out of the Paige Center....

chiefsfan987
02-10-2007, 04:53 PM
OK, back to the TTU / OSU game. Bob Knight is trying to avoid 5 straight losses since January of 1972.

DJay23
02-10-2007, 04:53 PM
I like how our guys have played since the aTm game. Admittedly versus inferior competition, but both teams were our biggest natural rivals and could have easily been tough games, especially today's game.

Keep this up and don't fall asleep at the wheel.

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Baylor down by 3 with 1:15 to go...

ROYC75
02-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Looked liked the Wright team won today ......... :hmmm:

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Oh boy, getting the CO/KSU game on Full Court, I think I might watch the pregnant barney scream obscenties at his players for awhile!

Hammock Parties
For Frazod, who is an ignorant Tiger fun, HAHA and **** you. To Dartgod who seems like an alright tiger fan, you guys are looking a lot better with Anderson at the helm, it wont take too long to get back up to norm days.

ArrowheadHawk
http://www2.jeffcroft.com/images/misc/ku_weekend/muck_fizzou.jpg

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:58 PM
http://www2.jeffcroft.com/images/misc/ku_weekend/muck_fizzou.jpg

I love that picture, Red X's Rule!

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Baylor ball down 3 ith 28.6 to go....

OU just walked....

ArrowheadHawk
I love that picture, Red X's Rule!
it shows up for me, try this

POND_OF_RED
if mu could learn how to drive a ball they might be a decent team...poorly officiated game imo but i guess 18 points cant be blamed on the refs...mu is just missing size but i like what anderson has done...and hell they'll still win just as many games in the tournament.

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Baylor missed... OU ball, Baylor fouled...

13 seconds left

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 05:01 PM
if mu could learn how to drive a ball they might be a decent team...poorly officiated game imo but i guess 18 points cant be blamed on the refs...mu is just missing size but i like what anderson has done...and hell they'll still win just as many games in the tournament.

Big Difference between the NCAA and NIT tourney....

becareful what you wish for, MU has lost opening rounds of the NIT at home before....

BWillie
How about JW? 33 points?

Great game for Wright when he lets the game come to him. Whe he goes with the flow of the game, he has great nights. Wright is an excellent offensive rebounding scorer, has a nose on where to be to get easy passes for layups, but I still don't see the pro potential in this kid. Rush, Collins, Arthur, and maybe even Chalmers should end up being better NBA players than him. And I'm not complaining, but I feel that scouts are trying to take Wright away from us without really watching his game. For Wright to be successful in the NBA he's going to have to play the 3. How on earth is Wright going to play the 4 at 6-8 220 in the NBA? For him to be able to play the 3, he's going to have to be able to beat guys one on one from outside of 10 feet (which he can't do) be able to shoot the 3 and outside shot (which he can't do) I think he should be a 4 year player at KU, and would go down as one of our best players in history at KU.

chiefsfan987
OSU - TTU finish gonna be a good one...

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
KU has owned MU's weak ass press today....

Yes they have; and yet no credit given to Self about his coaching a very effective way to break the press.

ROYC75
02-10-2007, 05:02 PM
For Frazod, who is an ignorant Tiger fun, HAHA and **** you. To Dartgod who seems like an alright tiger fan, you guys are looking a lot better with Anderson at the helm, it wont take too long to get back up to norm days.

I wouldn't callit that, Tim just hates to lose to KU. But that's OK, he not happy very often either. ROFL :KU:

chiefsfan987
Tie game 24.8 seconds left. Texas Tech ball. Go Pokes!

POND_OF_RED
Big Difference between the NCAA and NIT tourney....

becareful what you wish for, MU has lost opening rounds of the NIT at home before....
i wasn't counting any wins for mu either...

chiefsfan987
02-10-2007, 05:03 PM
OVERTIME!

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Yes they have; and yet no credit given to Self about his coaching a very effective way to break the press.

Self did a hell of a job breaking the press, MU gave up way to many fast break points..

The MU defense allowed KU to put on a dunk clinic today...

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 05:06 PM
i wasn't counting any wins for mu either...

That is pretty funny..

I guess when you come off back to back final 4 years, fans of lesser programs have to find comfort in something...

2 years ago was unexcusable with the Upper classmen, Last year? Well look where Bradley is now? Top 10?

This year? Who knows, but one thing we do know. MU wont be invited to the big dance...

Silock
02-10-2007, 05:17 PM
How about JW? 33 points?

Here today, gone tomorrow. He still can't handle the ball.

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Here today, gone tomorrow. He still can't handle the ball.

Are you ever happy?

chiefsfan987
02-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Is anyone else watching the TTU / OSU game? This is one hell of a game!

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Is anyone else watching the TTU / OSU game? This is one hell of a game!

I am in OKC and I dont have it on any freaking channels...

chiefsfan987
02-10-2007, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Reerun_KC]I am in OKC and I dont have it on any freaking channels...[/QUOTE

Its on ESPN2

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Did KSU sell out? Place is as quiet as a church....

chiefsfan987
OSU has erased a 7 point overtime deficit in the last minute of the game.

We're now going to double overtime!

Reerun_KC
[QUOTE=Reerun_KC]I am in OKC and I dont have it on any freaking channels...[/QUOTE

Its on ESPN2

Damn I am a moron!

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Funny how TT beats KU and A&M, playing way above their sorry collective asses and now have dropped 4 straight and the possibility of 5 straight....

CoMoChief
02-10-2007, 05:25 PM

Wanna know who has the most tourney appearances with no Final Four's?!?!?!

Anderson will do a better job than the shit storm Quin created. I just think MU is going to have trouble recruiting.

chiefsfan987
02-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Tied again!

what a game!

chiefsfan987
02-10-2007, 05:44 PM
OSU wins in double OT.

I think Texas Tech is done baring a big 12 tournament championship.

sedated
02-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Whe he goes with the flow of the game, he has great nights.

so true. when Wright tries to make things happen, he is a turnover machine.

I don't know if Wright's totally incapable of spending more time on the perimeter, but hasn't shown it yet.

he can beat big guys off the dribble, but not smalls, and has no outside shot. F*cker can still pass though.

where the f*ck has Chalmers been? and Arthur? I guess only so many guys can have huge games at once.

Lzen
02-10-2007, 05:48 PM
MU 96
KU 76
Pretty much. Just switch the scores and your prediction would have been very close. ;)

Silock
02-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Are you ever happy?

I'm incredibly happy, especially today. I just don't like Julian Wright when he handles the ball.

Bearcat
02-10-2007, 05:52 PM
I like how our guys have played since the aTm game. Admittedly versus inferior competition, but both teams were our biggest natural rivals and could have easily been tough games, especially today's game.

Keep this up and don't fall asleep at the wheel.

I'm just about to turn on the game, but someone told me the score already :banghead:

As odd as it sounds, the 'inferior competition' is actually the important part for this team. They've proven they can play with any team in the nation. The most important thing for this team is to play every team with the same intensity, and to put the game away when they have a chance to do so.

This season is like Julian Wright with an open lane to the basket... just don't screw it up :)

gblowfish
02-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Well congrats J-Hawkies. You managed to beat up on the mess Quin Snyder left in his wake. He's probably in some LA gated community today snorting coke off Paige Laurie's moogles...

To me, it's just another grey winter day, and a baby step closer to one of the guaranteed sure signs of Spring. I'm speaking of course of March Meltdown!

Oh, can it only have been a year ago? Lets' re-visit those wild and wacky days of traditional Jayhawk optimism:

RoyC75: "I bet this is a 20 point game. KU win. What will your Sat. morning story be when you get waxed by 20 + points ?"

nm_dbf: "Bradley: the rich man's school in MVC. F'em. KU bury them..."

Slag02: "They aint bringing Nothin. So they have to talk trash a more Pathetic way. Was Funny to see that they rely on the 1950 game as an Hint as to how we are going to play."

ArrowheadHawk: "You actually think the 5th place team in the MVC will even compete with the Big 12 Champs?"

KCChiefsfan88: "After KU humiliates the non-factor, Missouri Valley FRAUD that is Bradley, then yourself and the rest of your fellow sports "journalists" can sit down and re-evaluate your career and wonder what the heck you did wrong in your life, that led you to end up covering the nonexistent sport scene in Peoria, Illinois."

BSPimpDude: "I like to see what he writes about when KU beats their ass by 25+"

TacticalFunky: "I feel our chances of at least making the Final Four are quite good. I doubt Self is going to allow our team to overlook any team as long as he's coaching here. Next year we should be in the Top 5 in the nation."

Lzen: "This team will not get Bucknelled this year."

If I were you, I'd go out and buy those scalped final four duckets today.

You're a rock chock lock!

Extra Point
02-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I love how they only play the white kid #54 in the last minute when they're leading by 20. At least he gets the privelege of practicing with the guys who play.

CoMoChief
02-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Well congrats J-Hawkies. You managed to beat up on the mess Quin Snyder left in his wake. He's probably in some LA gated community today snorting coke off Paige Laurie's moogles...

To me, it's just another grey winter day, and a baby step closer to one of the guaranteed sure signs of Spring. I'm speaking of course of March Meltdown!

Oh, can it only have been a year ago? Lets' re-visit those wild and wacky days of traditional Jayhawk optimism:

RoyC75: "I bet this is a 20 point game. KU win. What will your Sat. morning story be when you get waxed by 20 + points ?"

Slag02: "They aint bringing Nothin. So they have to talk trash a more Pathetic way. Was Funny to see that they rely on the 1950 game as an Hint as to how we are going to play."

ArrowheadHawk: "You actually think the 5th place team in the MVC will even compete with the Big 12 Champs?"

KCChiefsfan88: "After KU humiliates the non-factor, Missouri Valley FRAUD that is Bradley, then yourself and the rest of your fellow sports "journalists" can sit down and re-evaluate your career and wonder what the heck you did wrong in your life, that led you to end up covering the nonexistent sport scene in Peoria, Illinois."

TacticalFunky: "I feel our chances of at least making the Final Four are quite good. I doubt Self is going to allow our team to overlook any team as long as he's coaching here. Next year we should be in the Top 5 in the nation."

Last season KU started a bunch of freshman and won the big 12 and big12 tourney. No one in the nation predicted that would happen. The meltdown against Bradley sucked, but it didn't come to total shock because they were playing a bunch of freshman. They just hit a wall at the worst possible time. You act as if last season was just a total meltdown.

You sound like a little whiney MU fan.

By the way what has MU accomplished in the last 10 years?

You wanna talk about choking? MU has yet to make it to a final four. Yes they have the most NCAA bids with no final fours to show for it.

Lzen
02-10-2007, 06:14 PM
That is pretty funny..

I guess when you come off back to back final 4 years, fans of lesser programs have to find comfort in something...

2 years ago was unexcusable with the Upper classmen, Last year? Well look where Bradley is now? Top 10?

This year? Who knows, but one thing we do know. MU wont be invited to the big dance...

yup.

sedated
02-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Well congrats J-Hawkies...!

thanks, man.

your support means a lot

Bearcat
02-10-2007, 06:16 PM
sure signs of Spring.

Mizzou fan: "We suck."

Mizzou fan: "We suck!"

Mizzou fan: "We suck!"

Mizzou fan: "We're awesome! At sucking."

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Very Good Blowingfish...

I am impressed that your MU education allowed you string along more than one complete sentence in the same posting...

Just one thing, Can you match this regardless of the last 2 years stated below? IF not, then go back to your meth lab and enjoy your saturday!

The Kansas Jayhawks play basketball on Dr. Naismith's court in Dr. Allen's Fieldhouse. 4 National Titles, 49 Conference Championships, 12 Final Fours

That is why God created Kansas but subcontracted Missouri.

Lzen
02-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Ha ha ha ha, george blowfish is trying to convince us that he is satisfied with being a fan of a perennially mediocre team rather than being a NCAA tourney team every year. Oh, and keep living in the past, Mr. Blowfish. That's all ya got. Weak stuff. Last year was a young team and I will cut them some slack. This year's team should be better. We will win some tourney games. But since you like living in recent past......we sure did enjoy those consecutive final fours in 02 and 03. ;)

As a parting gift, I would like to give you a picture, My. blowhole. I know you like cats, so here's a picture of a little kitty. Enjoy. ;)

Skip Towne
02-10-2007, 06:39 PM

Hey George, have you seen that commecial featuring the Tyus Edney film clip? And it isn't even March. That is a classic f*ck up. Heh, I just saw it again. It is a Directv commercial.

DJay23
02-10-2007, 07:05 PM
You wanna talk about choking? MU has yet to make it to a final four. Yes they have the most NCAA bids with no final fours to show for it.
Hold on now. Final 4 is way too lofty a goal. Let's start with something like a league crown. How many of those has Mizzou won in a while?

(Hint: the last time they won a conference title, there was no such thing as the 'Big XII")

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Hold on now. Final 4 is way too lofty a goal. Let's start with something like a league crown. How many of those has Mizzou won in a while?

(Hint: the last time they won a conference title, there was no such thing as the 'Big XII")

League Crown? That is also a lofty goal, Why not settle for .500 or above in the conference, I think you are putting the cart before the horse here!

Pants
02-10-2007, 09:15 PM

Get to .500 in Big 12, kthxbai.

HolyHandgernade
02-10-2007, 09:29 PM
And the @MU win will be a very piss poor officiated game, more so. Anytime there is a 7 foul disparity in the game it is piss poor.

Not exactly true. I was listening to the game on Sirius radio getting the MU feed. Even the announcers said the reason there was a foul disparity was because KU kept pushing the ball inside whereas MU kept jacking up 3-pt shots. The chance for contact is higher inside than outside and that was the reason for the disparity. Of course, I didn't get to actually see the game, or hear the second half, but MU's own announcer team did not think the officiating was eggregious.

DJay23
02-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Not exactly true. I was listening to the game on Sirius radio getting the MU feed. Even the announcers said the reason there was a foul disparity was because KU kept pushing the ball inside whereas MU kept jacking up 3-pt shots. The chance for contact is higher inside than outside and that was the reason for the disparity. Of course, I didn't get to actually see the game, or hear the second half, but MU's own announcer team did not think the officiating was eggregious.
While this is true, the officials were calling a very close game. Minimal contact brought out the whistles. They were a little inconsistent with it too. We'd get calls Mizzou wasn't on the other end with reaches and the like. Maybe they were looking for overaggressiveness by the pressing Tigers. It started to even out in the second half a little. Not sure what the final numbers were, but I saw a lot of ticky tack reaches called for both sides.

Al Czervik
02-10-2007, 10:52 PM
KU shot 4 more free throws while MU committed 7 more fouls......

FT
KU 19-24
MU 12-20

Fouls
KU 18
MU 25

|Zach|
02-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Tough, hopefully these guys can keep plugging away and bring together a foundation for next year...tough times right now but I think we are going in the right direction.

ChiefsFanatic
02-11-2007, 02:15 AM
Tough, hopefully these guys can keep plugging away and bring together a foundation for next year...tough times right now but I think we are going in the right direction.

I am a huge KU fan. I love to beat the Tigers. I also love to beat K-State.

But I think that Anderson and Huggins will start turning things around soon.

I was really impressed with Anderson today. I loved the way he coached today, and how he handled the players. He is such a big improvement over Snyder. Someone said that they don't think he can get really good players, but I am not sure McDonald's All-Americans are what he needs. Give him some athletes, kids even slightly better than what he has now, and I think he will turn MU into something very, very good.

Huggins is Huggins.

But Kansas will always be Kansas. Rock Chalk baby.

HonestChieffan
02-11-2007, 08:23 AM
What an improvement since the Quin days...

Question for Mu'ers...

At what point do the "Antlers" become enough of an embarrasement that someone gets rid of that deal? Do you have any idea how they come across to people not associated with the University?

ArrowheadHawk
02-11-2007, 09:12 AM
i was reading some news on kusports.com and came accross this snippet

• Bad day for Butterfield: MU’s Darryl Butterfield, who had seven points in 20 minutes, pulled his jersey over his eyes as he exited the court. The dejected player ran smack into a tray full of beverages. He was OK as he continued to the exit.

teedubya
02-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey GeorgeBlowfish

164-93 KU All-time over MU.

greg63
02-11-2007, 09:48 AM
MU got punked.

CoMoChief
02-11-2007, 09:00 PM
What an improvement since the Quin days...

Question for Mu'ers...

At what point do the "Antlers" become enough of an embarrasement that someone gets rid of that deal? Do you have any idea how they come across to people not associated with the University?

They're the biggest group of queers out of all of the student body at Mizzou.