PDA

View Full Version : Tyree Evans being recruited by KU

Saulbadguy
02-12-2007, 02:42 PM
FYI.

http://kansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=58181

ROYC75
02-12-2007, 02:59 PM
So ? He might find it hard to get playing time at KU .

Saulbadguy
02-12-2007, 03:00 PM
So ? He might find it hard to get playing time at KU .
He's a THUG.

I doubt he'd have a hard time finding PT anywhere, fwiw. He was RCSI top 100 (No, I don't expect you to know what this means) out of HS, top scorer in Virginia HS history, just an excellent baller.

ROYC75
02-12-2007, 03:07 PM
He's a THUG.

I doubt he'd have a hard time finding PT anywhere, fwiw. He was RCSI top 100 (No, I don't expect you to know what this means) out of HS, top scorer in Virginia HS history, just an excellent baller.

Oh, another Thug for Hugs , I see where you are going now. Again, he would hard pressed getting playing time at KU, but for Kitty State, he will fit right in.

Pitt Gorilla
02-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Who cares?

;)

CoMoChief
02-12-2007, 03:08 PM
I dont think anyone is leaving for the NBA after this season unless Rush and Wright keep playing like they did against MU which I doubt. Evans will have a hard time getting playing time. KU is really guard heavy right now and I doubt he really wants to redshirt until Robinson leaves. What KU really needs is a solid big man. I dont know much about this Cole Aldrich kid coming in. Is he good? Some sites have him as a 5 star, but most have him at 4. I can't remember what Kaun was but surely this guy has more playing experience coming into college than Kaun, therefore having more upside to his game.

KAUN SUCKS!!!!

Reerun_KC
02-12-2007, 03:18 PM
He's a THUG.

Saul, you are questioning whether KU looks at this kid, when your boy Thuggins is drooling at the mouth to get him to KSU?

Can you explain your logic here?

Saulbadguy
02-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Saul, you are questioning whether KU looks at this kid, when your boy Thuggins is drooling at the mouth to get him to KSU?

Can you explain your logic here?
I just think it's neat that a butler JUCO player is getting so much attention.

jidar
02-12-2007, 03:21 PM
He's a THUG.

lol
You mean RSCI

Saulbadguy
02-12-2007, 03:23 PM
lol
You mean RSCI
Recruiting Services Consensus Index. Typo! Roy still has no idea what it means.

Reerun_KC
02-12-2007, 03:28 PM
I just think it's neat that a butler JUCO player is getting so much attention.

Follow you now... Thanks.

leviw
02-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Hasn't KU been on that list for months?

ROYC75
02-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Recruiting Services Consensus Index. Typo! Roy still has no idea what it means.

Really ? How did you come to this ? FTM, what am I thinking now ?

KCChiefsMan
02-12-2007, 03:47 PM
it seems no matter how much talent we have Self can't coach them on the court anyways.....I'm pretty worried for March, it all just depends on which KU team shows up

Saulbadguy
02-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Hasn't KU been on that list for months?
Negative.

leviw
02-12-2007, 03:53 PM
it seems no matter how much talent we have Self can't coach them on the court anyways.....I'm pretty worried for March, it all just depends on which KU team shows up

Yeah, it sucks being a top 10 team at 21-4. Obviously poorly coached by a guy who is 93-28 at KU and has 300 wins for his career.

leviw
02-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Negative.

Fine then.

Thugs and Rugs it is.

CoMoChief
02-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah, it sucks being a top 10 team at 21-4. Obviously poorly coached by a guy who is 93-28 at KU and has 300 wins for his career.

It's amazing how talent can make a coach look good. Self is not a very good game-time coach. Some examples are....

Keeping Kaun in the game during crucial moments.

Benching your top scorer (Collins) when clearly the offense is sputtering without him.

Losing to inferior talent.

htismaqe
02-12-2007, 04:43 PM
God KU fans are spoiled...

Mr. Laz
02-12-2007, 04:46 PM
whatever ...... we had a great record last year and the year before and got punked in the first round.

Self has superior talent ........ he SHOULD have a good record.

so far he's been nothing more than a mediocre coach on the court.

Mr. Laz
02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
so why the **** are you in this thread?

go start a iowa thread somewhere so all you enlightened big 10 fans can talk amongst yourselves.

htismaqe
02-12-2007, 04:54 PM
so why the **** are you in this thread?

go start a iowa thread somewhere so all you enlightened big 10 fans can talk amongst yourselves.

I opened the thread to read about Tyree Evans, he played with a couple of ex-Iowa players.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

CoMoChief
02-12-2007, 04:55 PM
I hate the hi-low offense. It only works in HS. KU is not a good half court team and clearly needs to run the floor with this athletic team. To have your bigmen handle the ball more than they need to has always baffled me with Self. This team needs to be Roy-a-fied.

Hound333
02-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Does rivals list him as having a schollie offered? Or does it give info that Self has contacted him. People list KU all the time that haven't been heavily recruited. So far the only site I have seen any info about him being recruited by KU is on a KSU site. When I see something definitive I will change my tune but for me I don't want him.

CoMoChief
02-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Does rivals list him as having a schollie offered? Or does it give info that Self has contacted him. People list KU all the time that haven't been heavily recruited. So far the only site I have seen any info about him being recruited by KU is on a KSU site. When I see something definitive I will change my tune but for me I don't want him.

I havent heard anything on either Scout or Rivals.

HolyHandgernade
02-12-2007, 05:17 PM

I'm a KU fan, and I have to say, I agree with you, at least some of the more vocal ones anyway. I've never seen so much complaining about such success. I attribute it to a few things, namely:

Too many fans stil feel like the girl that got jilted by the boyfriend they thought they were going to grow old with. Roy's last two years were so good people get amnesia about some of the so-so seasons. Its like, "Self's OK, but I still love Roy, I just can't get over him. I'd never say that in public, but that's how I feel. When he left me and started dating that other school and then actually married them....I just don't know if I will ever love that way again."

Of course, the last two fizzles in the tournament don't help Self much, but I really think this is more an anomally than a trend. I would bet three years from now with some success in the tournament, no one will even claim to being someone who called for his job. If he goes out in the first round this year, then its a trend.

Finally, Jayhawk basketball is Kansas' national face. When its your one true trump card you always want it to win. And not just win, but really pummel the other guy into submission. So the winning percentage means little if they are not blowouts. And blowouts are very subjective as well. Kansas leads in victory margin and is second in defense in the Big 12, but since they don't score in the 90's to 100's its seen as "not that impressive". Especially since the contrast is Roy's run and run style.

Every coach makes decisions they wished they could take back. Benching Collins? He comes off the bench and players need breaks, believe it or not. He's a freshman and isn't the focal point this year. Remember JamesOn Curry Freshman and JamesOn Curry Sophmore? People always believe the answer to all their prayers is residing on the bench somewhere when the team isn't meeting their expectations.

And if you could please point to a team that doesn't lose to inferior talent every once and a while, please draw them to my attention. This is the most idiotic reason of all. If you are ranked in the top 10 nationally, that doesn't leave alot of "superior talent" to have your respectable losses to. By this logic, all of Florida's losses are to inferior talent. Ditto for UNC, UCLA, etc. I mean we lost to ORu early (didn't UNC lose to Santa Clara early in their championship season?) A road loss to DePaul they let slip away, a conference road loss to a Tech team that was hot, and a loss to a fellow top 10 conference foe in the final minutes. Chances are we will win most of our games into the tournament time, be close to 30 wins for the season, but we suck, our coaching is bad (because outstanding team defense is always a sign of poor coaching), and if it wasn't for the pure but unfocused talent of our players we would be, dare I say, regular Kansans.

Maybe my perspective comes since I no longer live in state, but there are quite a few teams out there with quite a bit of talent and they all want to win. I'm quite pleased with what we have in Kansas and I can't wait til we have our tournament success again so the whining will subside just a bit. Just enjoy, they really are quite entertaining if you quit projecting your own personal hubris onto the team.

-HH

Spicy McHaggis
02-12-2007, 06:17 PM
I hate the hi-low offense. It only works in HS. KU is not a good half court team and clearly needs to run the floor with this athletic team. To have your bigmen handle the ball more than they need to has always baffled me with Self. This team needs to be Roy-a-fied.

I've seen a marked decrease in the hi-low offense this year. If anything Self seems to have realized that this is a team that needs to be able to create of another team's mistakes and has given a decent amount of free-rein. I doubt we'll ever see them running after made shots but I think Self has adapted a bit to what suits this team.

Saulbadguy
02-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Blah blah blah. Tyree Evans is a criminal. Embrace it.

leviw
02-12-2007, 09:32 PM
whatever ...... we had a great record last year and the year before and got punked in the first round.

Self has superior talent ........ he SHOULD have a good record.

so far he's been nothing more than a mediocre coach on the court.

Funny that it's one of the best defensive teams in the country.

Wonder how they learned that, considering Roy's team has one of the worst in the Top 25...yet again?

Everything else I have to say would just be repeating HolyHandgernade.

Saulbadguy
02-12-2007, 10:00 PM
EVANS TO KSU! (NOW THAT KU IS OUT OF THE PICTURE!!!!)

ROFL

J-mart just had to go ruin my fun.

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2007, 10:08 PM
EVANS TO KSU! (NOW THAT KU IS OUT OF THE PICTURE!!!!)

ROFL

J-mart just had to go ruin my fun.

??????? :(

Saulbadguy
02-12-2007, 10:09 PM
??????? :(
It's not true, it never was true. The little "schools listed" link is cute, though.

Check ksufans

BWillie
02-12-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't know why KU would want this guy. 6-3 and a 3 star. We are going to need a 3 badly when Rush leaves. If Rush goes pro even next year, we'll have to play the whole year with somebody out of position. Julian is a college 4 man, and he's the closest thing we have to a 3.

leviw
02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
It's not true, it never was true. The little "schools listed" link is cute, though.

Check ksufans

See, that's why I thought KU has been on there for quite some time.

leviw
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
BIG LOL to Saul. Callin' out the Cannonball. BG will be backpedaling at anytime now.

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Saul's on GoPowerCult's premium service?

leviw
02-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Saul's on GoPowerCult's premium service?

Apparently.

TITLE: Ok, who made up the rumor that Tyree Evans was being recruited by KU?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not true by any stretch of the imagination. Not true according to Tyree himself. Why would anyone make this up, other than to "rally the troops"?

ChiTown
02-12-2007, 11:50 PM
lol at this thread - all of it.

Saulbadguy
02-13-2007, 06:30 AM
BIG LOL to Saul. Callin' out the Cannonball. BG will be backpedaling at anytime now.
It's funny to see Fitz squirm.

Saulbadguy
03-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Evans had several schools expressing interest in him earlier this semester.

"Kansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Maryland are schools that were trying to recruit me. I just really wasn't really interested in playing for them. I'm happy with my decision to go to Kansas State."

Hmm...

Braincase
03-01-2007, 03:25 PM
It's funny to see Fitz squirm.

I went to HS with Fitz at Salina Central, I was '81, he was '82. We worked together at the Salina Journal for a couple of years as well, and we're fraternity brothers - Pi Kappa Alpha, he at KU, I was a founding father of Theta Phi chapter at WSU. He's a good guy, and purple enough to fit in at Paisley Park.

Saulbadguy
03-01-2007, 03:31 PM
I went to HS with Fitz at Salina Central, I was '81, he was '82. We worked together at the Salina Journal for a couple of years as well, and we're fraternity brothers - Pi Kappa Alpha, he at KU, I was a founding father of Theta Phi chapter at WSU. He's a good guy, and purple enough to fit in at Paisley Park.
...Fitz went to KU?

LOL

leviw
03-01-2007, 03:45 PM
...Fitz went to KU?

LOL

No he didn't.

Boyceofsummer
03-01-2007, 05:40 PM
and humorous you Power Cat people continue to have to live vicariously through your archrival in Lawrence instead of your own identity and tradition. Now back to your schools aging infrastructure and heating & cooling problems.

http://www.care2.com/c2c/groups/disc.html?gpp=96&pst=617851&archival (http://www.care2.com/c2c/groups/disc.html?gpp=96&pst=617851&archival )

DaWolf
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
It's amazing how talent can make a coach look good. Self is not a very good game-time coach. Some examples are....

Keeping Kaun in the game during crucial moments.

Benching your top scorer (Collins) when clearly the offense is sputtering without him.

Losing to inferior talent.

There have also been several excellent coaching moves he's made during the season. People will focus on the poor ones, mainly because losses get magnified.

Last I checked no coach in America was undefeated. Ol Roy hasn't been making all the best moves recently either...