PDA

View Full Version : KC Chiefs DE sentenced in second DUI case

Smed1065
02-14-2007, 03:32 PM
KC Chiefs DE sentenced in second DUI case
February 14, 2007

LEAWOOD, Kan. (AP) -- Kansas City defensive end Jared Allen will serve two days in jail for driving under the influence of alcohol.

The sentence came Wednesday after the defensive end pleaded no contest in Leawood Municipal Court. The judge then found him guilty of the charge.

Allen's two-day stint will be at the Johnson County Jail. He also must spend two days in a lockdown treatment program and one day on house arrest.

The case stemmed from a September stop in Leawood. It was Allen's second DUI charge.

In January, Allen was found guilty of DUI and sentenced to two days in jail after being stopped in Overland Park. He had been granted diversion to have that DUI charge dismissed, but an Overland Park municipal judge revoked the diversion after Allen was charged a second time.

Rooster
02-14-2007, 03:33 PM
See you in week five Mr. Allen. :banghead:

DJJasonp
02-14-2007, 03:35 PM
This still irritates me.

How any professional athlete who is rich gets a DUI is beyond me.

Man, at the money they're making, be like Monty Brewster and hire a 24/7 personal driver for god's sake.

OnTheWarpath15
02-14-2007, 03:37 PM
See you in week five Mr. Allen. :banghead:

Would it be a surprise to see the first four opponents be:

@ Denver

Jacksonville

Cincinatti

@ Indianapolis

StcChief
02-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Jared hope your buddy Boomer learns from your mistakes

Archie Bunker
02-14-2007, 03:43 PM
This contract situation is going to be tricky.

Halfcan
02-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Tough luck-I hope he has learned his lesson.

Mile High Mania
02-14-2007, 03:56 PM
So, 2nd offense is just 2 days in jail... 2 days in treatment and 1 day on house arrest? Is his license suspended or anything? Is there a fine?

Seems kinda light for a 2nd offense, but I don't know if this is the norm.

Rooster
02-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Would it be a surprise to see the first four opponents be:

@ Denver

Jacksonville

Cincinatti

@ Indianapolis

Yea that sounds about right. :deevee:

HemiEd
02-14-2007, 03:59 PM
This contract situation is going to be tricky.

It sure is, hope Carl is all rested up.

Frazod
02-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Well, at least he's big enough that he won't have to be anybody's bitch.

RealSNR
02-14-2007, 04:22 PM
So, 2nd offense is just 2 days in jail... 2 days in treatment and 1 day on house arrest? Is his license suspended or anything? Is there a fine?

Seems kinda light for a 2nd offense, but I don't know if this is the norm.Ray Ray and OJ got away with murder. Why shouldn't Jared get away with DWI?

crazycoffey
02-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Well, at least he's big enough that he won't have to be anybody's bitch.

Hell, maybe he can find a big mean sum-buck to play DT for us while he's there, you know - some recruiting.

Mr. Laz
02-14-2007, 04:30 PM
guess that's why they hadn't signed him to a new deal

htismaqe
02-14-2007, 04:36 PM
guess that's why they hadn't signed him to a new deal

Yeah, and it's hard to blame them.

As much as I'd like to have the guy locked up, there's no sense in throwing big money at him right away.

1) There's a good chance team's that might have courted him will give lower offers based on this.

2) He's not nearly as valuable to the Chiefs if his next offense gets him a 16-gamer.

Buck
02-14-2007, 04:37 PM
I may get blasted for this, but don't you think this is worse than what Merriman did?

htismaqe
02-14-2007, 04:39 PM
I may get blasted for this, but don't you think this is worse than what Merriman did?

Two different things.

What Jared did is an affront to SOCIETY and has very little to do with football.

What Merriman did was an affront to FOOTBALL and has very little to do with society.

In the end, I think what Merriman did was worse if you're strictly talking about football. Cheating destroys the integrity of the game.

Buck
02-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Two different things.

What Jared did is an affront to SOCIETY and has very little to do with football.

What Merriman did was an affront to FOOTBALL and has very little to do with society.

In the end, I think what Merriman did was worse if you're strictly talking about football. Cheating destroys the integrity of the game.

Im just talking about how they should be judged in the court of public opinion.

Silock
02-14-2007, 04:46 PM

You're absolutely right.

Merriman just made an ass out of himself. Allen could have killed people. Two completely different things.

htismaqe
02-14-2007, 04:54 PM

Then certainly Allen's is worse. Like I said, Merriman's actions affected football. Allen's actions affected EVERYONE that might have been on the same road he was.

However, this is a football board, so the slant is generally towards football.

Crashride
02-14-2007, 05:18 PM
So wait why is he going to miss 4 weeks?

RJ
02-14-2007, 05:24 PM
So wait why is he going to miss 4 weeks?

Suspension, I suppose.

RJ
02-14-2007, 05:26 PM
A second DUI got him two days in jail, huh?

Are judges there always so lenient on DUI or is he getting a break because of who he is?

boogblaster
02-14-2007, 06:09 PM
The evil of it all is, the same judge that sentenced him, probably is drinking at some gentleman's club right now ....

Deberg_1990
02-14-2007, 06:12 PM
The evil of it all is, the same judge that sentenced him, probably is drinking at some gentleman's club right now ....

As long as he calls a cab to drive his butt home, ive got zero problems with that.

Sure-Oz
02-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Call a cab or get a limo you rich stupid ****

ChiefaRoo
02-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Two days in jail eh? Hmmm, time to spread those butt cheeks Jared.

Skip Towne
02-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Two days in jail eh? Hmmm, time to spread those butt cheeks Jared.
You are a crude, uneducated, uncultured piece of donkey dung. If not for Red Neck Raider they should blow Wichita up to rid us of vermin like you.

ChiefaRoo
02-14-2007, 08:16 PM
You are a crude, uneducated, uncultured piece of donkey dung. If not for Red Neck Raider they should blow Wichita up to rid us of vermin like you.

You're the goat fooker here skip. Hey, did you buy a new tent yet?

Ebolapox
02-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm a chiefs fan... that much is obvious

but I'm also a fan of personal responsibility and getting punished AND OWNING UP TO SAID PUNISHMENT should you f*ck up

and, by definition, if you drive while intoxicated, you done f*cked up

five days total is a joke--if it was you or me who got caught not once but TWICE driving drunk, there's the potential for a WHOLE lot more punishment

once again an athlete or someone in a position of privilege skates with a slap on the wrist while 'nobodies' like you or me would get slapped like a little bitch

hell, didn't leonard little get away with actually killing a woman while drunk (vehicular homicide, IIRC--or maybe it was manslaughter), and only get suspended four games?? I don't recall

the point is, as much as I want jared allen to do well as a chief, I'd rather he actually PAID FOR HIS CRIME like the rest of us would--show an example to kids who want to grow up to be football players that they're accountable for their actions whether they grow up to be football players or janitors

milkman
02-14-2007, 08:49 PM

but I'm also a fan of personal responsibility and getting punished AND OWNING UP TO SAID PUNISHMENT should you f*ck up

five days total is a joke--if it was you or me who got caught not once but TWICE driving drunk, there's the potential for a WHOLE lot more punishment

once again an athlete or someone in a position of privilege skates with a slap on the wrist while 'nobodies' like you or me would get slapped like a little bitch

hell, didn't leonard little get away with actually killing a woman while drunk (vehicular homicide, IIRC--or maybe it was manslaughter), and only get suspended four games?? I don't recall

the point is, as much as I want jared allen to do well as a chief, I'd rather he actually PAID FOR HIS CRIME like the rest of us would--show an example to kids who want to grow up to be football players that they're accountable for their actions whether they grow up to be football players or janitors

I agree with you.

As much as I like Allen the football player, he should have been punished far more severely.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Jared could make a good Bengal one day if he's not careful.

Easy 6
02-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I agree with you.

As much as I like Allen the football player, he should have been punished far more severely.

As much as i hate doggin' a CHIEF, i have to second that. Typical celebrity treatment.

Jared, WISE UP you big frickin' galoot, you got lucky, the rest of us would be fooked.

As his two red headed monsters said to Bill Murray in Rushmore..."Get yer head outta yer ass".

Deberg_1990
02-14-2007, 10:34 PM

Well said....i agree 100%

This is actually why these "Privledged" athletes continue to act in this sort of manner. They KNOW they can get away with murder. They never get held accountable for their mistakes like you or I would so why not just continue to do stupid things??

Heck, even Leonard Little got stopped on a DUI charge again a few years back.....incredible....