PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hardaway: "I hate gay people"

Pages : 1 [2] 3

bogie
02-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Apparently I don't know him as well as you think everyone else here does.

I really don't have to know him, I just have to listen to him.

Calcountry
02-15-2007, 06:14 PM
I didn't give a shit what Tim Hardaway thought yesterday. I don't give a shit what he thinks today. I couldn't pick him out of a police lineup, barely remembered he was a basketball player, and didn't remember who he played for. Of course, whether his opinion is wrong, hateful or stupid, he is entitled to it, though. At least he used to be.

But does one guy saying this really mean anything? I wonder how many gays hate straight people. If some gay announces that he hates Tim Hardaway, is he any less wrong?

And as usual, any excuse to hop up and down screaming HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED always seems to make UP's day. You and TJ should start a club.I think he use to play for the GS Warriors a few years ago.

Calcountry
02-15-2007, 06:15 PM
I think he use to play for the GS Warriors a few years ago.I don't know if this is a pun or not, but he has a great CROSSOVER dribble.

BIG_DADDY
02-15-2007, 06:16 PM
He's definitely an idiot. He may be an idiot only insofar as making a grossly irresponsible, career-damaging comment to the media -- but that'd still make him an idiot.

I have no idea what his potential was to have a career in the media. That being said let the first person who has not said something to damage his potential career cast the first stone. He may very well be an idiot but to me one statement alone does not qualify someone for that title. If that was the case we would all be idiots.

El Jefe
02-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Preach Tim Preach.

bogie
02-15-2007, 06:18 PM
I have no idea what his potential was to have a career in the media. That being said let the first person who has not said something to damage his potential career cast the first stone. He may very well be an idiot but to me one statement alone does not qualify someone for that title. If that was the case we would all be idiots.

I appreciate where you're going with this... nah, he's an idiot.

Bowser
02-15-2007, 06:21 PM
This thread has become the proverbial turd in the punch bowl.

El Jefe
02-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Bogie, I am not trying to start an argument but I am honestly asking this question: why do you consider him an idiot, because he doesnt like gay people?

Fairplay
02-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I think im glad i decided not to read this whole thing.

Starting at the end of a thread is sometimes the best way to go.

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Bogie, I am not trying to start an argument but I am honestly asking this question: why do you consider him an idiot, because he doesnt like gay people?
He's an idiot because he made public the comment "I hate gay people." And he was an aspiring tv personality. It's common sense, I would think, to not do that.

bogie
02-15-2007, 06:36 PM

He didn't say he doesn't like gay people, he said he hates gay people. Yes, I think people that hate solely because someone is different are idiots.

El Jefe
02-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Reaper16, fair enough thats what I figured it was. I mean the guy is talking on a radio show and he thinks the statement isnt gonna get out....lol. I think hate is a very strong word and you cant say I didnt mean it because if you said you hate somebody then you probably do. I dont hate anybody I dont like people but I dont hate them. Ok soapbox time, I do not agree with gays, I cant stand it, in short it is very disgusting to me. Ok do I hate them no in fact I know a lot of gays I am as nice to them as I am anyone else but I am not gonna associate with them. I like the saying "hate the sin not the person". Take with a GRAIN of SALT.

bogie
02-15-2007, 06:39 PM
He's an idiot because he made public the comment "I hate gay people." And he was an aspiring tv personality. It's common sense, I would think, to not do that.

There's that too. Humans that are not idiots, have a filter.

El Jefe
02-15-2007, 06:43 PM
"Humans that are not idiots, have a filter", Bogie you get my joke of the day, that one cracked me up big time.

bogie
02-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Reaper16, fair enough thats what I figured it was. I mean the guy is talking on a radio show and he thinks the statement isnt gonna get out....lol. I think hate is a very strong word and you cant say I didnt mean it because if you said you hate somebody then you probably do. I dont hate anybody I dont like people but I dont hate them. Ok soapbox time, I do not agree with gays, I cant stand it, in short it is very disgusting to me. Ok do I hate them no in fact I know a lot of gays I am as nice to them as I am anyone else but I am not gonna associate with them. I like the saying "hate the sin not the person". Take with a GRAIN of SALT.

I respect your position. You should meet my buddy Joe though. He's a jolly, hard working, kind dude that is a HUGE Chiefs fan. He's gay, he thinks Tony G. is hot. He would take a bullet for me.

El Jefe
02-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Bogie, its hard to tell someone who doesnt believe what you believe they are wrong lol. I try to show my opinion and I dont force anyone to choose to believe it or not. There are a whole lot of nice gays out there but I just dont agree with the way they choose to live. Well I am done with my speech.

El Jefe
02-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Good talk Bogie, I am putting in for the night........Good night all.

Fairplay
02-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Several years ago at my work there was this guy (married with two kids)
who would hit on guys at work. Kiddingly to start out with, then get more serious if you just laughed and played along with him.
Anyway it was my turn to get hit on. I would laugh it off. Over a few weeks he would start to get more serious. It was getting very old. I asked advice from a couple other guys and they said threaten to take him to the office and he will leave you alone. So i did. That was it.

A couple years later they were taking people into HR department asking them questions if this guy had ever messed with you. I said hell yeah, told them what happened, conversations with him and what he said. Call me a narc i don't care. Ends up one guy did go to the front office and peoples names were brought up. Anyway the guy got fired bigtime. Come to find out about 15 guys throughout the plant told there stories.

He had it coming to him.

bogie
02-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Bogie, its hard to tell someone who doesnt believe what you believe they are wrong lol. I try to show my opinion and I dont force anyone to choose to believe it or not. There are a whole lot of nice gays out there but I just dont agree with the way they choose to live. Well I am done with my speech.

I think it's okay not to agree with the way they live. It's not however, in my opinion, okay to hate them for it.

bogie
02-15-2007, 07:05 PM
who would hit on guys at work. Kiddingly to start out with, then get more serious if you just laughed and played along with him.
Anyway it was my turn to get hit on. I would laugh it off. Over a few weeks he would start to get more serious. It was getting very old. I asked advice from a couple other guys and they said threaten to take him to the office and he will leave you alone. So i did. That was it.

A couple years later they were taking people into HR department asking them questions if this guy had ever messed with you. I said hell yeah, told them what happened, conversations with him and what he said. Call me a narc i don't care. Ends up one guy did go to the front office and peoples names were brought up. Anyway the guy got fired bigtime. Come to find out about 15 guys throughout the plant told there stories.

He had it coming to him.

I worked on a show called Real Stories of the Highway Patrol. One of the married producers (2 kids) was a dickhead and when he was out in the field, he would hit on and try to bed the young female interns. When management got wind of it, he was gone. He had it coming to him. Fortuantely, not all straight producers or all gay workers are idiots.

Fairplay
02-15-2007, 07:10 PM
I worked on a show called Real Stories of the Highway Patrol. One of the married producers (2 kids) was a dickhead and when he was out in the field, he would hit on and try to bed the young female interns. When management got wind of it, he was gone. He had it coming to him. Fortuantely, not all straight producers or all gay workers are idiots.

What was funny or sad, the guy ended up getting a divorce. Ended up hanging out with some 18 year old kid, he claimed was his nephew. Everyone knew they were butt buddies.

bogie
02-15-2007, 07:13 PM
What was funny or sad, the guy ended up getting a divorce. Ended up hanging out with some 18 year old kid, he claimed was his nephew. Everyone knew they were butt buddies.

Was the X wife hot? Because she would probably vulnerable and easy.

Fairplay
02-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Was the X wife hot? Because she would probably vulnerable and easy.

I never saw her. No clue what she looks like.

bogie
02-15-2007, 07:20 PM
I never saw her. No clue what she looks like.

That was supposed to be a joke Mr. 6,666.

jAZ
02-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Mark Cuban on CNN just a minute ago:

Paula Zahn: "What do you think of Tim Hardaway".

Mark Cuban: "Maybe he broke up with his BOYFRIEND and he's just upset."

ROFL

Fairplay
02-15-2007, 07:27 PM
That was supposed to be a joke Mr. 6,666.

I noticed that also. :eek:

Frazod
02-15-2007, 07:27 PM
"You're such an attention whore!"
"What?"
"SEE!"
"When have I ever sought attention?"
"OH MY GOD YOU'RE DOING IT RIGHT NOW!"

stevieray
02-15-2007, 07:33 PM

It's also common sense to think that he knew that his comments would be ostracized...

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 07:48 PM

He had it coming to him.Sounds like you were just leading him on, cocktease.

It's also common sense to think that he knew that his comments would be ostracized...Which is exactly why he popped back up a few hours later and said, "Uh, sorry guys, I guess shouldn't have said that or something..."

bogie
02-15-2007, 07:48 PM
It's also common sense to think that he knew that his comments would be ostracized...

Why would he do that? Oh wait, he's an idiot.

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Why would he do that? Oh wait, he's an idiot.But he KNOWS he's an idiot so that makes it completely unreasonable to point out his stupidity!

Phobia
02-15-2007, 07:53 PM
I respect your position. You should meet my buddy Joe though. He's a jolly, hard working, kind dude that is a HUGE Chiefs fan. He's gay, he thinks Tony G. is hot. He would take a bullet for me.

Was that from or "for"?

bogie
02-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Was that from or "for"?

Definately for. He knew my bullets would never enter in him.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Why would he do that? Oh wait, he's an idiot.

Because he's true to how he feels. regardless of the consequences.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 08:08 PM
But he KNOWS he's an idiot so that makes it completely unreasonable to point out his stupidity!

:deevee:

please point out where someone on this thread has said that anyone doesn't have the right to question his position...

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-15-2007, 08:10 PM
I love gay people.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=Ultra Peanut

Which is exactly why he popped back up a few hours later and said, "Uh, sorry guys, I guess shouldn't have said that or something..."[/QUOTE]

No, he responded because people can't deal with how he feels, just like some can't deal with others cutting off their penis.

bogie
02-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Because he's true to how he feels. regardless of the consequences.

Being true to how one feels doesn't make them any less of an idiot. To hate someone for their differences is just wrong IMO. If someone brings harm to my family, I will hate the mofo to the depth of my soul and probably bring harm to them. If someone likes to have butt sex with boys, well, as long as it's not bringing harm to others, it's their own business. To hate them for that is just goofy.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Being true to how one feels doesn't make them any less of an idiot.

again, perception is reality.

Bowser
02-15-2007, 08:22 PM
I love gay people.

Never had you pegged as a gay male prostitute. NTTIAWWT.

bogie
02-15-2007, 08:23 PM
again, perception is reality.

I'm curious, do you agree with his assessment and hate all gay people?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Never had you pegged as a gay male prostitute. NTTIAWWT.
I just put pics of Kari on my posts to hide it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm curious, do you agree with his assessment and hate all gay people?
Gay as in happy... yes Stevie loathes them. Basterd.

bogie
02-15-2007, 08:28 PM
I gotta go. stevie, I retract my question. I know the answer. You do not hate gay people, you respect Hardaways right to give his opinion.

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 08:36 PM
I gotta go. stevie, I retract my question. I know the answer. You do not hate gay people, you respect Hardaways right to give his opinion.... because he hates gay people.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 09:01 PM
I gotta go. stevie, I retract my question. I know the answer. You do not hate gay people, you respect Hardaways right to give his opinion.

bingo..I'm glad you get it, bogie.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 09:07 PM
... because he hates gay people.

you really should quit while you're ahead, before your post continues to expose what others have already pointed out.

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 09:10 PM
you really should quit while you're ahead, before your post continues to expose what others have already pointed out.LMAO

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 09:22 PM
LMAO

stevieray
02-15-2007, 09:26 PM
LMAO

isn't this the point of the thread where you mention(again) the feelings of commiting suicide to gain sympathy?

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Yes. Your reading comprehension is exemplary.

you know, since you're so convicted in your quest, and so unashamed of what you want to be, why don't you post your pic?Hmm, let me think...

No.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 09:30 PM

you know, since you are so convicted in your quest, and so unashamed of what you want to be, why don't you post your pic?

stevieray
02-15-2007, 09:35 PM

Hmm, let me think...

No.

why? is it because you want to judge hardaway without being judged?

shocking.

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 09:37 PM
why? is it because you want to judge hardaway without being judged?

shocking.
...the hell? What, exactly, is the correlation between the two?

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Forget it, he's rolling.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Forget it, he's rolling.

really...? I'd thought you'd step up to the plate, instead of just rolling over...must be easier that way.

again, no pun intended.

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 09:49 PM
I know for a fact that Psi is 100% Grade A Man-Meat.

Iowanian
02-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Marv Albert bit a hunk out of a hooker's ass.....He's still got a career.

Michael Irvin was arrested with Coke and hookers.....and he's still got a career.

Ted Haggard spoke out against Ghey and He still takes it in the rear....oh wait.

Tim Hardaway used his first amendment Freedom of speech. If he felt that way, he should have stood by his comments. Maybe he just realized that by being an asshole, he was making the gheys horney.

Having an Open mind apparently only leans one way.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 09:52 PM
...the hell? What, exactly, is the correlation between the two?

maybe the fact that Hardaway has the courage to put it out there, while UP hides behind a football message board?

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 09:54 PM
maybe the fact that Hardaway has the courage to put it out there, whike UP hides behind a football board?

Judging somebody's opinion and judging somebody's looks is soooooooo different.

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Tim Hardaway used his first amendment Freedom of speech. If he felt that way, he should have stood by his comments. Maybe he just realized that by being an asshole, he was making the gheys horney.

Having an Open mind apparently only leans one way.Nobody's trying to take his rights away from him, but to suggest that a person isn't responsible for the fallout resulting from exercising those rights in an incredibly stupid manner is complete bullshit.

Judging somebody's opinion and judging somebody's looks is soooooooo different.I disagree! Show me your picture!

noa
02-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Marv Albert bit a hunk out of a hooker's ass.....He's still got a career.

Michael Irvin was arrested with Coke and hookers.....and he's still got a career.

Ted Haggard spoke out against Ghey and He still takes it in the rear....oh wait.

Having an Open mind apparently only leans one way.

I'm sure a big part of the backlash has to do with sensitivity to un-PC statements, but I think another part of the backlash is due to Hardaway's stupidity. Making his feelings public at a time when an ex-NBA player was trying to improve the tolerance of homosexuals in professional sports might not have been the wisest move. Our ears were already perked to every statement being made about homosexuality, and its as if we were just waiting for someone to say something homophobic.
Hardaway has since said that he wishes he hasn't said his statment. If I were an employer, I would discriminate against him not because of what he said, but because he didn't realize that perhaps he should keep that comment to himself. An internal edit button is a good thing to have at times.
Again, I'm not saying he isn't entitled to his opinion, just that he should have been smarter about the situation.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Judging somebody's opinion and judging somebody's looks is soooooooo different.

has nothing to do with looks, has to do with putting yourself on the line.

Iowanian
02-15-2007, 10:02 PM
R Kelly urinated on a 14 year old he molested...He's still crooning.

Why does the fact that a former NBA nobody made public a "private act of love between 2 people that shouldn't matter".....and the fact that a retired hasbeen commented even news?

Ghey community needs to decide if its indeed about the private lives and ability to lead them or the necessity to tell the world one takes it in the can.

Hardaway's opinion may not be popular today.....but he's entitled to have it.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 10:07 PM
R Kelly urinated on a 14 year old he molested...He's still crooning.

Why does the fact that a former NBA nobody made public a "private act of love between 2 people that shouldn't matter".....and the fact that a retired hasbeen commented even news?

Ghey community needs to decide if its indeed about the private lives and ability to lead them or the necessity to tell the world one takes it in the can.

Hardaway's opinion may not be popular today.....but he's entitled to have it.

:clap:

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 10:08 PM
has nothing to do with looks, has to do with putting yourself on the line.

What you see as 'courageous', most of us see as bigoted and stupid.

I guess Hitler was being courageous by taking a stand against all those Jews.

Jim Jones
02-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Tim Hardaway: "I hate gay people"

Well, that makes two of us.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 10:15 PM

I never said he was courageous..just steadfast in his views, whether or not they are right or wrong.

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I never said he was courageous..just steadfast in his views, whether or not they are right or wrong.

maybe the fact that Hardaway has the courage to put it out there, while UP hides behind a football message board?

Iowanian
02-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Well, that makes two of us.

You'd better just put on the striped flag toga now...By your statement, its obvious to the world that your prostate has taken more whacks from a hard stick than the ever lasting gobstopper of pinatas.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=HolmeZz][/QUOT

point taken...courageous might be extreme..how about conviction?

I'm doing two things at once..I apologize for the lapse in my attentiveness.

Miles
02-15-2007, 10:22 PM

ESPN has definitely played a large part.

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 10:22 PM
point taken...coirageous might be extreme..how about conviction?

Sure, but it'd probably apply to Hitler too.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Sure, but it'd probably apply to Hitler too.

you tell me..is hardaway out to rule the world and exterminate all homosexuals?

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 10:26 PM
you tell me..is hardaway out to rule the world and exterminate all homosexuals?

Nope, he doesn't have the 'conviction' or 'courageousness' Hitler did.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Nope, he doesn't have the conviction or courageousness Hitler did.

then why are you using hitler as an example?

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 10:29 PM
then why are you using hitler as an example?

Because you said you respected Hardaway's conviction and courage. Hitler had the same bigoted beliefs, he just had even more of that conviction and courage you love.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 10:31 PM
I brought him up because you said you respected Hardaway's conviction and courage. Hitler had the same bigoted beliefs, he just had even more of that conviction and courage you love.

Hardaway equals Hitler...good luck with that.

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Hardaway equals Hitler...good luck with that.

Straw Man, baby.

Hardaway doesn't equal Hitler because he doesn't have the 'conviction' and 'courage' of his beliefs that Hitler did, two attributes you said you respected about Hardaway. What, Hitler had too much conviction and courage?

stevieray
02-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Straw Man, baby.

Hardaway doesn't equal Hitler because he doesn't have the 'conviction' and 'courage' of his beliefs that Hitler did, two attributes you said you respected about Hardaway. What, Hitler had too much conviction and courage?

first love, now respect? anything else you want to project?

I only respect that he is entitled to his opinion, right or wrong.

Mr. Kotter
02-15-2007, 10:47 PM

He had it coming to him.
GD Redneck....

Biggot. :hmmm:

He has a right to come onto you, don't you know???? :harumph:

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 10:53 PM
HolmeZz is on a hot streak!

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 10:54 PM
I only respect that he is entitled to his opinion, right or wrong.

You said Hardaway displayed courage(and then conviction) by putting his belief out there. That's more than respecting his right to his opinion.

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 10:56 PM
You said Hardaway had the courage(and then conviction) to put his opinion out there. That's more than respecting his right to his opinion.
It's because he agrees with the opinion. nttawwt.

mcan
02-15-2007, 10:59 PM
uh....actually... a number of studies with twins raised apart show that if one twin is gay that between 35 to 50 percent correlation that the other twin is gay (depending on the study). Nevertheless, this is a far greater correlation than you'd get by random chance and suggests there is a strong genetic component. However, the 35% to 50% level also suggests there is a strong environmental component to the behavior. Meaning, that homosexuality probably can arise both by genetic determination and learned behavior

(depending on the study) is quite telling. If you get two studies that say different things, the study methods of BOTH need to seriously be called into question. Also, I can't imagine there are many more than a handfull of twins raised seperately in this country. With such a small sample size, the results would be suspect even if all the studies agreed. The fact that studies have conflicted raises even more red flags about it. I could be wrong. I'll look up some studies to see what they show. But I did just take a psychology of sexual behavior class, and lets just say that the studies that class had me look at (and wanted me to believe) were not very scientific or convincing.

Mr. Kotter
02-15-2007, 11:01 PM
isn't this the point of the thread where you mention(again) the feelings of commiting suicide to gain sympathy?
Ouch.... :banghead:

Psi, we do love you. Serious as the heart attack, that at my age and physical state....I'll have to work to avoid.

stevieray
02-15-2007, 11:01 PM
You said Hardaway had the courage(and then conviction) to put his opinion out there. That's more than respecting his right to his opinion.

is he or his he not entitled to his beliefs and opinions? I respect that he is entitled to his opinion...regardless of how he got there, or whether he's right or wrong. I've never endorsed that's he's right.

Frazod
02-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Actually, Hardaway backpeddled from his earlier statements and issued a rather half-assed apology. I figure he saw any vestiges of a future broadcasting career going up in flames, tucked tail and begged for mercy. Sounds like (much like John Rocker before him) he simply got caught ranting and didn't think about the fact that the world was listening to his conversation.

So much for Hardaway's courage; of course, courage doesn't pay the bills.

When these celebrities (or pseudo celebrities) get busted doing something the PC gods deem inappropriate, they always apologize, but it doesn't take a genious to know that the only thing they're sorry about is being chased around by the torch and pitchfork crowd. It would have been refreshing if Hardaway said "Yeah, I hate gays. I'm not apologizing. Kiss my ass if you don't like it." WE ALL KNOW THAT'S HOW HE FEELS, for better or worse. To do that would have required a measure of courage. But realistically, it would have also required Hardaway to have enough money that he'd never need to work again.

Is there anyone here who is honest about everything 100% of the time? Of course not. We are all products of imperfect environments. We all have our demons, and every now and then they sneak out and get us into trouble. And somewhere along the line, PR because much more important than honesty.

Mr. Kotter
02-15-2007, 11:04 PM

Knock off the Drama...Queen. :rolleyes:

Of all people....I'd know. :shake:

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 11:05 PM
is he or his he not entitled to his beliefs and opinions?

Of course.

I've never endorsed that's he's right.

I dunno, I haven't read every post in this thread. I just saw you say that Hardaway was courageous by voicing his opinion and that kinda makes it look like you were taking his side.

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Knock off the Drama...Queen. :rolleyes:

Of all people....I'd know. :shake:

What drama?

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Actually, Hardaway backpeddled from his earlier statements and issued a rather half-assed apology. I figure he saw any vestiges of a future broadcasting career going up in flames, tucked tail and begged for mercy. Sounds like (much like John Rocker before him) he simply got caught ranting and didn't think about the fact that the world was listening to his conversation.

So much for Hardaway's courage; of course, courage doesn't pay the bills.I assume you've built a shrine to Carl Everett, then?

Mr. Kotter
02-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Because you said you respected Hardaway's conviction and courage. Hitler had the same bigoted beliefs, he just had even more of that conviction and courage you love.

You wanna compare, disdain for homosexuality, to what Hitler did....

Allllll-righttttyyyyy THEN!!!

:spock:

Twilight Zone....

mcan
02-15-2007, 11:12 PM
So what you're saying is, you like women who have bodies that are identical to a pre-pubescent boys.
I guess that explains your homophobia, you're in the ****ing closet and you hate yourself for it.

Rump Ranger

I think you've misunderstood my point of view. Perhaps my posts are too long and you get a little reactionary. I'm FAR from being homophobic. I definately used to be. I was brainwashed for a long time into thinking that homosexual behavior was anti-God and disgusting. When my brother and best friend came out of the closet, I had to do some serious soul searching. I thought about it objectively for the first time and took the time to consider "what if I'm wrong." I'm glad I did.

So, I encourage anybody to love anybody that they want to, and not be ashamed of their attraction to same sex partners. But I don't deny that there are such things as sexual deviants. I don't believe that people are born with a sexual attraction to feet or to large or small breasts. I don't believe that people are born attracted to geriatrics or young children. I believe that sexual DESIRE is an instinct, and that we all have it. Sexual preference, whether it be for gender/race/body type/eye color/hair color/etc... is brought about by a series of conditions that train us to apply our sexual desires toward a certain subject. Often times those conditions are probably through negative conditioning/reinforcement. In many ways, we are all Pavlov's dogs. If we start to associate sexual gratification with any of the above, we will start to develop that particular fetish.

What you fail to understand about my post is that I'm not trying to say anything about the moral value to any of this. Humans are one of the few species that have sex for fun. It's only natural that we would develop (anti-procreation) tendencies in our sexual adventures. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Frazod
02-15-2007, 11:14 PM
I assume you've built a shrine to Carl Everett, then?

You'll have to refresh my memory - who is Carl Everett, and what did he do to offend your delicate sensitivities?

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 11:16 PM
You wanna compare, disdain for homosexuality, to what Hitler did...

I didn't. Hitler had more conviction and courage in his beliefs than that pussy Hardaway!

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:17 PM
You'll have to refresh my memory - who is Carl Everett, and what did he do to offend your delicate sensitivities?He doesn't offend me, he's ****ing amazing. He was the most unfiltered, batshit insane athlete in a really, really long time.

Everett is an outspoken man, and his remarks have proven controversial on several occasions.

Perhaps the best-known of these was his denial of the existence of dinosaurs. He was quoted as saying, "God created the sun, the stars, the heavens and the earth, and then made Adam and Eve. The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs. You can't say there were dinosaurs when you never saw them. Someone actually saw Adam and Eve. No one ever saw a Tyrannosaurus rex." He also derided fossils of dinosaur bones as man-made fakes. [2] In reference to these comments, Boston Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy dubbed Everett "Jurassic Carl." Everett, in turn, referred to Shaughnessy as the "curly-haired boyfriend" of Globe beat writer Gordon Edes, a nickname which stuck after ESPN columnist Bill Simmons started incorporating it into his work. In Seattle, he was known as C-Rex, a name given him by writers for the Mariners blog U.S.S. Mariner [3].

Everett, again in an interview with Shaughnessy, questioned the validitity of the Apollo Moon Landing.[4]

In 1997, Everett and his wife Linda were charged with abusing their two children, Shawna and Carl IV. The criminal charges, which stemmed from allegations that Linda had applied "excessive corporal punishment" and that Carl had chosen not to intervene, were ultimately dropped. A judge in New York Family Court, however, placed Shawna in the care of her maternal grandmother, where she currently remains. [5]

Everett once called his own shot. Jamie Moyer beaned Everett, then a member of the Boston Red Sox, and Everett didn't take kindly to it and motioned that he would take him deep next at bat. He hit a homer over the Green Monster his next at bat and after crossing home plate, motioned towards the pitcher, grabbed his genitals and spat towards the mound.

Each season, Everett tends to get into altercations with umpires. Some of these tirades have resulted in suspensions, the longest of which, 10 games, came during the 2000 season after an incident in which he bumped noses with umpire Ron Kulpa during the process of taking exception to Kulpa's ruling that Everett's batting stance was illegal. In numerous interviews, such as the one in which he denies the existence of dinosaurs[6], Everett has stated that he thrives on being hated, and that it keeps him on top of his game. Opposing players, umpires, and even his own teammates are not immune, as evidenced by his postgame shouting match with Seattle manager Mike Hargrove[7] after a 14-6 loss to the Los Angeles Angels on July 5, 2006.

Everett has also made controversial remarks about homosexuality. He once said that if he had an openly gay teammate that he would consider retiring, or, at the very least, "set him straight." In the 2005 season, he told Maxim that he has had gay teammates and accepted them, but, "Gays being gay is wrong. Two women can't produce a baby, two men can't produce a baby, so it's not how it's supposed to be. … I don't believe in gay marriages. I don't believe in being gay." [8]. Other contemporary players, such as Shea Hillenbrand, John Smoltz and Todd Jones, have made similar remarks expressing reluctance to play on the same team as homosexuals.

Miles
02-15-2007, 11:17 PM
I assume you've built a shrine to Carl Everett, then?

Hopefully it will be a dinosaur.

mcan
02-15-2007, 11:19 PM
You wanna compare, disdain for homosexuality, to what Hitler did....

Allllll-righttttyyyyy THEN!!!

:spock:

Twilight Zone....

The modern day "gay-haters" may not be killing on a mass scale, but "killing" somebody isn't the crime we're accusing them of. The correlation is about HATING.

Hitler hated homosexuals too. But, one of his officers was homosexual, so he let the homosexual community slide... For awhile. He just sat there, quietly hating those homos.

Then one day, he just couldn't contain it anymore... He had his officer killed, and all the rest of his little "queer" buddies. And afterwards, all the homosexual community in Berlin (which at the time was a mecca for them) had to denounce their lovers or risk going off to the war camps. The SA made a habit, late in the war, of going and knocking down doors of known homosexuals and arresting them whether they were with a lover or not.

Frazod
02-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Why the f#ck would I have a shrine to Carl Everett?

Mosbonian
02-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow...it's great to see that tolerance is a one-way street in this place.

I agree with Iowanian....and Frazod.....guy spoke his mind...where he was wrong was backpeddling. That's where his lack of backbone was.

What I find ironic...and I have stated it before...where are all of you who feign anger and disdain at comments like Hardaways, when someone makes fun of "retards"?

Just checking for hypocrisy.....

mmaddog

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Why the f#ck would I have a shrine to Carl Everett?He speaks his mind, no matter the consequences from them damn PC POLICE.

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Why the f#ck would I have a shrine to Carl Everett?

You said it would have been nice to see Hardaway simply not apologize and stick to his beliefs. Carl Everett has said similar statements with no apology -- he still holds those beliefs in a public sense.

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Wow...it's great to see that tolerance is a one-way street in this place.

I agree with Iowanian....and Frazod.....guy spoke his mind...where he was wrong was backpeddling. That's where his lack of backbone was.

What I find ironic...and I have stated it before...where are all of you who feign anger and disdain at comments like Hardaways, when someone makes fun of "retards"?

Just checking for hypocrisy.....

mmaddog
That's the thing -- no one here is angry at his comments. We're laughing at his stupidity and small mindedness.
The threads' intent is to say "Wow, what a dumbshit," not "I'm outraged that he would say these things."

Frazod
02-15-2007, 11:25 PM
He speaks his mind, no matter the consequences from them damn PC POLICE.

Well, good for him.

So what do you prefer:

A bigot who lies in public, claiming not to be a bigot, or a bigot who says I'm a bigot, and I don't care what you think of it?

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Wow...it's great to see that tolerance is a one-way street in this place.LOLOLOL GOOD POINT YOU ARE SO FRESH THAT IS AN AMAZING OPINION

If you honestly think laughing at someone for holding a stupid opinion is "intolerant" of that person's right to express said opinion, you need to actually pay attention to a situation for once rather than jumping on the "GAWD DAMN PC POLICE" bandwagon and pretending Poor Little Timmy is a victim.

Mr. Kotter
02-15-2007, 11:26 PM
The modern day "gay-haters" may not be killing on a mass scale, but "killing" somebody isn't the crime we're accusing them of. The correlation is about HATING.

Hitler hated homosexuals too. But, one of his officers was homosexual, so he let the homosexual community slide... For awhile. He just sat there, quietly hating those homos.

Then one day, he just couldn't contain it anymore... He had his officer killed, and all the rest of his little "queer" buddies. And afterwards, all the homosexual community in Berlin (which at the time was a mecca for them) had to denounce their lovers or risk going off to the war camps. The SA made a habit, late in the war, of going and knocking down doors of known homosexuals and arresting them whether they were with a lover or not.Moral opposition to a deviant and immoral lifestyle, in the minds of those judging, makes them Little "Adolf Hitlers," genocidal ovens and all I suppose? :hmmm:

Gotcha! :thumb:

:rolleyes:

"What dumb MFers believe this garbage......"

Mosbonian
02-15-2007, 11:26 PM
You said it would have been nice to see Hardaway simply not apologize and stick to his beliefs. Carl Everett has said similar statements with no apology -- he still holds those beliefs in a public sense.

So that begs the question...he holds these beliefs as his. I'm guessing it's not allowable in our new world to hold contrary views without persecution, in the PC world?

mmaddog

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Well, good for him.

So what do you prefer:

A bigot who lies in public, claiming not to be a bigot, or a bigot who says I'm a bigot, and I don't care what you think of it?They're both douchebags, but I suppose the latter at least provides some entertainment value.

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:28 PM
So that begs the question...he holds these beliefs as his. I'm guessing it's not allowable in our new world to hold contrary views without persecution, in the PC world?

mmaddog
*******Did I call it, or did I call it?

http://imgred.com/http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lilyth/cartoon/mrdid.jpgOh look, everyone, it's Kotter! HI KOTTER!

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 11:29 PM

mmaddog
This is obviously true of the "PC world" we live in. It's an unpopular belief, and he'll be derided for it.

I know I would fight for the mans right to give his opinion, whether I like it or not.

Doesn't mean I still can't laugh at it.

Mosbonian
02-15-2007, 11:29 PM
That's the thing -- no one here is angry at his comments. We're laughing at his stupidity and small mindedness.
The threads' intent is to say "Wow, what a dumbshit," not "I'm outraged that he would say these things."

But you missed the point...and so did UP by reading his post that is after this one....

I see no anger or laughing at people's small mindedness when everyone uses the word retard.

mmaddog

Iowanian
02-15-2007, 11:30 PM
A really couragous person would perform thier own secks change with a rusty spoon on Utoob.

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 11:30 PM
But you missed the point...and so did UP by reading his post that is after this one....

I see no anger or laughing at people's small mindedness when everyone uses the word retard.

mmaddog
:shrug: Idiot doesn't equal retard in my book.

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:31 PM
A really couragous person would perform thier own secks change with a rusty spoon on Utoob.Damn, I'm such an attention whore!

Iowanian
02-15-2007, 11:32 PM
You're effing nuts, thats for Shore!

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:33 PM
r u shur

Mosbonian
02-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Did I call it, or did I call it?

Oh look, everyone, it's Kotter! HI KOTTER!

Interesting...about all you have done is show your hypocrisy.

Feign outrage and anger when it best suits you....everything else is OK as long as it doesn't invade your world.

So...it will be there for everyone to see...if you do not display the same outrage for people who use the word "retard" you are nothing but a hypocrite.

Plain and simple...

mmaddog

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Are you retarded?

mcan
Moral opposition to a deviant and immoral lifestyle, in the minds of those judging, makes them Little "Adolf Hitlers," genocidal ovens and all I suppose? :hmmm:

Gotcha! :thumb:

:rolleyes:

"What dumb MFers believe this garbage......"

Not at all... Unless they start killing people, they aren't guilty of killing.

There are some people who just think it's wrong to hate other people, even if you don't kill them.

Reaper16

Feign outrage and anger when it best suits you....everything else is OK as long as it doesn't invade your world.

So...it will be there for everyone to see...if you do not display the same outrage for people who use the word "retard" you are nothing but a hypocrite.

Plain and simple...

mmaddog
I think I'm missing a step here.

Mosbonian
02-15-2007, 11:38 PM
:shrug: Idiot doesn't equal retard in my book.

Hang on....I'd like a clarification.

It's morally outrageous to say you hate gays....

It's OK to call people retards even though it is a negative connotation normally used to signify people who have Special Needs.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
02-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Are you retarded?

Evidently your reading comprehension and memory have skipped a beat. Everyone in this place knows that I have a child who suffers from Autism...I detest on the same level the use of the word "retard" in any way shape and form....whether to describe my child or a person actions.

mmaddog

mcan

Plain and simple...

mmaddog

This is your logic... Correct me if I'm wrong.

--Person X makes fun of Person Y
--Person Z hates Person Y
-----------------------------------
--Person X and Person Z are both guilty of crimes against Person Y

--Person X chides person Z for hating
--Person X is guilty of his own crimes
--------------------------------------
--Person X is a hypocrite

Ultra Peanut
I hate retards. Retards disgust me. I don't think there's a place for them in the world or the United States.

RNR
02-15-2007, 11:42 PM
I really don't give a shit what people do in their bedroom as long as nobody is hurt. I do have a problem with the gay pride in your face assholes and anti gay Fred Phleps types. The only gay friend I have that I know of is a lady that throws darts at I club go to. Her and I had hung out talked, threw darts for a couple years and one night some of our friends were talking and said Mary was gay. I was a little stunned because I had no idea. I asked her if she was gay and she said yes, I said thats cool I had heard someone say you were and was just asking. The cool thing about it is it never was a issue and still isn't. She feel no need to prove anything to me and I feel no need to prove anything to her. Thats the way it should be.

Mosbonian
02-15-2007, 11:43 PM
I think I'm missing a step here.

You know...when I typed it there was more...I'm on a new laptop and still trying to get used to it.....I think I may have erased more than I had planned while making revisions before I hit the send button.

mmaddog

Mr. Kotter
02-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Did I call it, or did I call it?

Oh look, everyone, it's Kotter! HI KOTTER!

I figure you "poor, poor little persecuted me" routine deserves it.....

If frazod, and Parker, have figured your shtick out....well, then you are pretty friggin' transparent. Not just to us "homophobic conservative" types, either.....apparently. :)

Bowser
02-15-2007, 11:44 PM
What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Hang on....I'd like a clarification.

It's morally outrageous to say you hate gays....

It's OK to call people retards even though it is a negative connotation normally used to signify people who have Special Needs.

mmaddog
The thing is, I don't know who you're attacking here. I don't think I called Hardaway a retard. I don't think UP did either. Bring up the quotes if I'm wrong.

I want to reiterate that pointing out moral outrage was never the point here. This is no different than a "darwin award" post.

Ultra Peanut

If frazod, and Parker, have figured your shtick out....well, then you are pretty friggin' transparent. Not just to us "homophobic conservative" types, either.....apparently. :)Since they've failed to provide any examples of my "poor, poor little persecuted me" routine, perhaps you could pick up the banner and do so?

Mosbonian
This is your logic... Correct me if I'm wrong.

--Person X makes fun of Person Y
--Person Z hates Person Y
-----------------------------------
--Person X and Person Z are both guilty of crimes against Person Y

--Person X chides person Z for hating
--Person X is guilty of his own crimes
--------------------------------------
--Person X is a hypocrite

Too much math for me.....but it looks right at first glance

mmaddog

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:46 PM
What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?a few people were all like LAFFO

and then a few other people were like HOW DARE YOU FREE SPEECH FREE SPEECH

and then some other stuff i think

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 11:47 PM

If frazod, and Parker, have figured your shtick out....well, then you are pretty friggin' transparent. Not just to us "homophobic conservative" types, either.....apparently. :)
That's all well and good... if UP were performing that routine. You're all pretty wrong on that one, I think. I don't see the justification for it.

Mr. Kotter
02-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Since they've failed to provide any examples of my "poor, poor little persecuted me" routine, perhaps you could pick up the banner and do so?

Any who's a regular here has seen enough of your posts to see through the ruse....I'm not wasting my time. One of my usernames over at MySpace has some "hot" babes hittin' on it, you know....Dagwood?

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Any who's a regular here has seen enough of your posts to see through the ruse....OK COOL COLOR ME CONVINCED

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:49 PM
That's all well and good... if UP were performing that routine. You're all pretty wrong on that one, I think. I don't see the justification for it.You're not a regular here, get out.

Also I need some photo ID if you want to continue arguing. You too, Kotter.

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Any who's a regular here has seen enough of your posts to see through the ruse....

I guess I need to spend time more here.

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Any who's a regular here has seen enough of your posts to see through the ruse
There is no ruse here. I haven't seen one bit of justification for saying UP has one.

Especially when UP DOESN'T EVEN START MAKING IT PERSONAL! Stevieray was the one who started making it about Psi in this thread in the first place!

Mr. Kotter
I guess I need to spend time more here.'Trust me, you don't.

OK COOL COLOR ME CONVINCED

Yeah, if you "play it off" it'll just go away....keep playin' that strategy.... ;)

Mosbonian
The thing is, I don't know who you're attacking here. I don't think I called Hardaway a retard. I don't think UP did either. Bring up the quotes if I'm wrong.

I want to reiterate that pointing out moral outrage was never the point here. This is no different than a "darwin award" post.

I guess what I am trying to get at...

People seem outraged at Hardaway's comments.....(and make no mistake there are people who have expressed anger in here)

But no one seems outraged when people who have Special Needs are called "retards"....

it's a pet peeve of mine and I am sure no one sees it the way I do. I can understand that.

mmaddog

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 11:53 PM

People seem outraged at Hardaway's comments.....(and make no mistake there are people who have expressed anger in here)

But no one seems outraged when people who have Special Needs are called "retards"....

it's a pet peeve of mine and I am sure no one sees it the way I do. I can understand that.

mmaddog

I understand your outrage, but I(personally) have never heard anybody call a special needs person 'retarded'. I know the connotation of the word, but I haven't heard anyone use it that way.

Mr. Kotter
02-15-2007, 11:54 PM
There is no ruse here. I haven't seen one bit of justification for saying UP has one.

Especially when UP DOESN'T EVEN START MAKING IT PERSONAL! Stevieray was the one who started making it about Psi in this thread in the first place!

Psi made it personal....by starting a thread of this nature. She's no dummy. She knew where this would lead....

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 11:55 PM

mmaddog
No, I think you have a very valid point. My mother is a special education teacher, so she, and by extension, myself, understands why casually calling people "retards" is wrong.

I know I slip and call people retarded. It's bad habit at this point form adolescence.

I just thought you were talking about specifically in this thread instead of in general. Specifically, I thought you were accusing Psi, whom I hadn't seen take the whole "moral outrage" position here.

HolmeZz
02-15-2007, 11:56 PM
'Trust me, you don't.

nooooooooooooooo I've been burned

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Yeah, if you "play it off" it'll just go away....keep playin' that strategy.... ;)Yeah, just keep insinuating things and hope it sticks... keep playin' that strategy........................................................... ;)

Psi made it personal....by starting a thread of this nature. She's no dummy. She knew where this would lead....Ohhhh. It's the message board equivalent of, "Damn whore shouldn'ta worn that skirt, she was askin' ta get raped," or, "Those damn faggots are just lookin' for attention by tellin' people they take it up the pooper!"

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Psi made it personal....by starting a thread of this nature. She's no dummy. She knew where this would lead....
Psi got to it first. You know that it would have been posted, perhaps within minutes, by someone else.

That seems like flimsy ground for accusation.

Frazod
02-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Since they've failed to provide any examples of my "poor, poor little persecuted me" routine, perhaps you could pick up the banner and do so?
Christ, this thread is full of it. Hell, three weeks ago you gave me rep on a post that was TWO AND A HALF YEARS OLD asking about a rep comment I made that may or may not have hurt your feelings. You have posted crap of a massively intimate and personal nature on a public FOOTBALL BB that no one in their right mind would post, and although you've done your best to make sure I know all the sordid details of your life, I've also went to great lengths to ignore them. You have always goaded people into taking opposite stances from your narrow view of how life should be lived, and then you gleefully squeal like a stuck pig over it. You've done this for years. But you don't do it every single day, and you've got over 36,000 posts. So me not digging in to find multiple examples doesn't mean they aren't there - it simply means FINDING THEM ISN'T WORTH MY TIME. Sorry, but digging through the archives and posting endless links to old threads is something you enjoy, not me. I've already devoted far too much time to your neon-glowing attention craving as it is. Search for your own crap. And don't insult my (or anyone else's) intelligence who has been here more than a month to indignantly pretend it isn't there. You know damn well how you operate, and so does everybody else.

Mosbonian
02-15-2007, 11:58 PM
I'd understand your outrage, but I(personally) have never heard anybody call a special needs person 'retarded'. I know the connotation of the word, but I haven't heard anyone use it that way.

Unfortunately for me I have heard it all too many times...and quite frankly was just as guilty as everyone else before my child was born.

I've gotten to the point where I detest the use of the word....I guess the low point for me was when I heard a teacher in the school system jokingly refer to my child as one of the "retards in the trailer", referring to the special classroom that was set up for a group of Autism-Spectrum affected teens that the school was trying to work with.

I will admit to being thin-skinned....no doubt about it. But I do find it odd that people seem angry over Hardaway's comments...but yet have no problems with labeling in other manners.

mmaddog

RNR
02-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Has Ultra Peanut always been your username?

Reaper16
02-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Christ, this thread is full of it. Hell, three weeks ago you gave me rep on a post that was TWO AND A HALF YEARS OLD asking about a rep comment I made that may or may not have hurt your feelings. You have posted crap of a massively intimate and personal nature on a public FOOTBALL BB that no one in their right mind would post, and although you've done your best to make sure I know all the sordid details of your life, I've also went to great lengths to ignore them. You have always goaded people into taking opposite stances from your narrow view of how life should be lived, and then you gleefully squeal like a stuck pig over it. You've done this for years. But you don't do it every single day, and you've got over 36,000 posts. So me not digging in to find multiple examples doesn't mean they aren't there - it simply means FINDING THEM ISN'T WORTH MY TIME. Sorry, but digging through the archives and posting endless links to old threads is something you enjoy, not me. I've already devoted far too much time to your neon-glowing attention craving as it is. Search for your own crap. And don't insult my (or anyone else's) intelligence who has been here more than a month to indignantly pretend it isn't there. You know damn well how you operate, and so does everybody else.
Typical Cardinals fan. ;)

Frazod
02-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Has Ultra Peanut always been your username?

He used to be Psicosis.

HolmeZz
02-16-2007, 12:02 AM
I will admit to being thin-skinned....no doubt about it. But I do find it odd that people seem angry over Hardaway's comments...but yet have no problems with labeling in other manners.

Nah, the example you brought up is equally as bigoted and offensive.

RNR
02-16-2007, 12:06 AM
He used to be Psicosis.
It always screws me up when people change their usernames

mcan
02-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Too much math for me.....but it looks right at first glance

mmaddog

Then it's going to be hard to come to an agreement because our philosophies are just too different. I actually think that making fun of people can be a positive thing, if there isn't any hate behind it.

Example: I make fun of my brother. We laugh. He makes fun of me. We laugh.

Example: Two guys in a bar make fun of Matthew Shephard. Later they tie him to a post and beat him to death.

These are extreme examples, but show quite clearly that the "making fun of" part was independent of the person's true intentions. The first, was to have a laugh (hopefully with the other person) and the other was to reinforce their hatred of the other person. In fact, the specific jokes those two told might even have been funny jokes. But it doesn't matter. What they were up to was not funny, nor were the jokes really about making anybody laugh.

In regards to the word "retard" being used as slang. There is no way that you're going to be able to be objective about it, because you have a child with a disability. For my own part, I use the word all the time. But I don't use it to make fun of people with disabilities. I use it to draw a reference.

What I say: "I'm retarded"
Implied meaing: "Even though I have no real disability, I just acted in such a way as you would expect that I have some kind of mental problem or disability."

The word "retarded" in this sense has been villified for, in my opinion, no good reason.

Frazod
02-16-2007, 12:08 AM
It always screws me up when people change their usernames

Same here.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 12:09 AM

Ohhhh. It's the message board equivalent of, "Damn whore shouldn'ta worn that skirt, she was askin' ta get raped," or, "Those damn faggots are just lookin' for attention by tellin' people they take it up the pooper!"
As much as I do like your posting...

Yup; pretty much. :)

Psi got to it first. You know that it would have been posted, perhaps within minutes, by someone else.

That seems like flimsy ground for accusation.

Let me say it this way: I've learned to allow other idiots to start threads like this.....:)

RNR
02-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Same here.
No biggie but I also never understood why they do.

Ultra Peanut
02-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Christ, this thread is full of it. Hell, three weeks ago you gave me rep on a post that was TWO AND A HALF YEARS OLD asking about a rep comment I made that may or may not have hurt your feelings. Well, that's one way to look at it.

The other is that I was digging through an old thread because I was bored -- not to mention looking for a different old thread at the same time -- and gave you rep on a post that was TWO AND A HALF YEARS OLD because the concept of asking what you said so long ago made me laugh a little.

You have posted crap of a massively intimate and personal nature on a public FOOTBALL BB that no one in their right mind would post, and although you've done your best to make sure I know all the sordid details of your life, I've also went to great lengths to ignore them. (A) I wasn't in my right mind when I posted that. I was ****ing depressed and terrified. At the time, the Planet was one of the few places where I felt like I was "connected" in any way with any people whatsoever.

(B) Anyone sharing anything about their lives on a public FOOTBALL BB at any point is an attention whore!

(C) YOU NEED TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT, YOU ATTENTION WHORE! I don't need to know the personal details of your life, frazod!

You have always goaded people into taking opposite stances from your narrow view of how life should be lived, and then you gleefully squeal like a stuck pig over it. My... hahahahahaha.

I think you've mistaken me for a different Psicosis/Ultra Peanut.

I've already devoted far too much time to your neon-glowing attention craving as it is. Search for your own crap. I was really offended that time you talked about murdering all those hitchhikers! I can't recall when it happened, and I don't want to dig through all of your posts, but you're a horrible monster and should be stopped!

Mosbonian
02-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Then it's going to be hard to come to an agreement because our philosophies are just too different. I actually think that making fun of people can be a positive thing, if there isn't any hate behind it.

Example: I make fun of my brother. We laugh. He makes fun of me. We laugh.

Example: Two guys in a bar make fun of Matthew Shephard. Later they tie him to a post and beat him to death.

These are extreme examples, but show quite clearly that the "making fun of" part was independent of the person's true intentions. The first, was to have a laugh (hopefully with the other person) and the other was to reinforce their hatred of the other person. In fact, the specific jokes those two told might even have been funny jokes. But it doesn't matter. What they were up to was not funny, nor were the jokes really about making anybody laugh.

In regards to the word "retard" being used as slang. There is no way that you're going to be able to be objective about it, because you have a child with a disability. For my own part, I use the word all the time. But I don't use it to make fun of people with disabilities. I use it to draw a reference.

What I say: "I'm retarded"
Implied meaing: "Even though I have no real disability, I just acted in such a way as you would expect that I have some kind of mental problem or disability."

The word "retarded" in this sense has been villified for, in my opinion, no good reason.

You are right...we probably won't agree.

But having a child with Special Needs makes me no less capable of being objective....

Also.....making fun of anyone isn't ever right. Making "fun" of your brother isn't like making fun of Special Needs children. But neither is right to do.

mmaddog

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 12:15 AM

You DO know the Shephard case was MUCH ..... less about homophobia....that it was MUCH MORE about a couple of drunken idiots, deciding to ROB someone....who they perceived as an "easy target"....and Matthew simply was a convenient target, don't you? :spock:

Seriously. The MEDIA and leftist activists and media in this country were the ones who really made it about "homophobia....."

Read the court transcripts if you doubt me; I have.

:shake:

Frazod
02-16-2007, 12:17 AM
God, it's too late at night for point-by-point rebuttals. :banghead: I'm going to bed.

Logical
02-16-2007, 12:19 AM
You DO know the Shephard case was MUCH ..... less about homophobia....that it was MUCH MORE about a couple of drunken idiots, deciding to ROB someone....who they perceived as an "easy target"....and Matthew simply was a convenient target, don't you? :spock:

Seriously. The MEDIA and leftist activists and media in this country were the ones who really made it about "homophobia....."

:shake:Amazing what people will do to deny homophobia. You may be right, but to assume so from transcripts is not exactly convincing.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Amazing what people will do to deny homophobia. You may be right, but to assume so from transcripts is not exactly convincing.I've read the transcripts---and they mention the word "rob" or "get money" no less than a half dozen times before MS enters the picture....; unless you have, you really ought to S.T.F.U.

HolmeZz
02-16-2007, 12:21 AM

Didn't both of the guys use the gay panic defense?

mcan
02-16-2007, 12:25 AM
Unfortunately for me I have heard it all too many times...and quite frankly was just as guilty as everyone else before my child was born.

I've gotten to the point where I detest the use of the word....I guess the low point for me was when I heard a teacher in the school system jokingly refer to my child as one of the "retards in the trailer", referring to the special classroom that was set up for a group of Autism-Spectrum affected teens that the school was trying to work with.

mmaddog

I have no problems at all with labels. You just have to be careful not to use labels that people get offended by. If you're gay, and someone says "hey, go ask the gay guy over there if he wants a beer" there is nothing wrong with that. We've just phased out some words from our common, socially exceptable lexicon...

You wouldn't hear these applied to a person, unless it was a joke...

"Go ask that ****** if he wants a beer"
"Go ask that retard if he wants a beer"
"Go ask that fag if he wants a beer"

Even if you don't mean any malice, it's just not acceptable anymore.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 12:25 AM
Didn't both of the guys use the gay panic defense?

After they realized the...."we need money, so let's rob the Nancy" defense would land them on death row.....yes, they did.

HolmeZz
02-16-2007, 12:29 AM
After they realized the...."we need money, so let's rob the Nancy" defense would land them on death row.....yes, they did.

Yeah, and after both their girlfriends testified that their pre-conceived plan was to rob a gay man.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah, and after both their girlfriends testified that their pre-concieved plan was to rob a gay man.
In plea-bargains that spared them life in prison vs. 3-5 years at Camp Snoopy Carpet-Muncher. Yeah. :rolleyes:

Hell, out in 18 months with "good behavior"....:shake:

mcan
You are right...we probably won't agree.

But having a child with Special Needs makes me no less capable of being objective....

Also.....making fun of anyone isn't ever right. Making "fun" of your brother isn't like making fun of Special Needs children. But neither is right to do.

mmaddog

I just disagree I guess. I tend to think anything goes, as long as you don't intend to hurt somebody. And you're right, it's wrong of me to assume you can't be objective because of your situation. Sorry about that.

Logical
I've read the transcripts---and they mention the word "rob" or "get money" no less than a half dozen times before MS enters the picture....; unless you have, you really ought to S.T.F.U.

So you admitted they were an easy target but they did not choose that easy target based on their homophobia? Further they could not possibly have been trying to avoid the hate crime charge with that defense diversion?

Frazod
02-16-2007, 12:35 AM
One more thing:

UP, clearly we're very different people, and while your antics and tactics annoy me occasionally, I bear you no malice (and I'm sure you've been here long enough to see what my posts read like when I do bear malice). I recognize that your life issues are brutal and go far beyond anything I've had to deal with, and I wish you the best in dealing with them. It has never been my intention to belittle you or your problems.

So peace, and goodnight.

But the Cubs still suck ass.

HolmeZz
02-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Further they could not possibly have been trying to avoid the hate crime charge with that defense diversion?

Sexual orientation isn't covered under the Hate Crimes list in Wyoming. Why, I have no idea.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 12:36 AM
So you admitted they were an easy target but they did not choose that easy target based on their homophobia? Further they could not possibly have been trying to avoid the hate crime charge with that defense diversion?

If you, as a medically challenged 55 yr old had been available, I suspect they would have chosen you....

so, in answering your questions: No.

Ultra Peanut
02-16-2007, 12:38 AM
If you, as a medically challenged 55 yr oldJim, you attention whore!

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Sexual orientation isn't covered under the Hate Crimes list in Wyoming. Why, I have no idea.
...because sane states understand, a crime is a crime.....that WHO it happens to, really shouldn't matter.....that a crim is a crime....and that Hate Crime Legislation is nothing more than politically-correct "feel-good" laws aimed at pacifying pansies among us.

Yeah. That pretty much covers it. :shrug:

;)

Reaper16
02-16-2007, 12:40 AM
I thought the robbing was more or less irrelevant to Shepard's sexual orientation, but they were quoted as saying they killed him because of his perceived advances in the van. The whole "gay defense" thing.

HolmeZz
02-16-2007, 12:41 AM
...because sane states understand, a crime is a crime.....that WHO it happens to, really shouldn't matter.....that a crim is a crime....and that Hate Crime Legislation is nothing more than politically-correct "feel-good" laws aimed at pacifying pansies among us.

Yeah. That pretty much covers it. :)

:shrug:

I wasn't debating the purpose of Hate Crime laws. I'm saying if you're going to have them, there's no reason not to include sexual orientation.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 12:43 AM
I thought the robbing was more or less irrelevant to Shepard's sexual orientation, but they were quoted as saying they killed him because of his perceived advances in the van. The whole "gay defense" thing.

That was AFTER their attorney realized they'd fry if their best defense was...."we wanted to rob him."

You gonna believe thugs, with their neck on the line.....? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 12:46 AM
I wasn't debating the purpose of Hate Crime laws. I'm saying if you're going to have them, there's no reason not to include sexual orientation.

There is, if....as in the Red states, we understand....there is a distinction to be made, between discrimination based on a genetic condition which happens to be Constitutionally protected as a suspect classification under anti-discrimination laws......and, to be generous, ambiguous condition which happens to NOT be subject to Constitutional protections, or a "suspect classification" under any federal law.....:)

Logical
02-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Sexual orientation isn't covered under the Hate Crimes list in Wyoming. Why, I have no idea.Interesting.

HolmeZz
02-16-2007, 12:49 AM
There is, if....as in the Red states, we understand....there is a distinction to be made, between discrimination based on a genetic condition which happens to be Constitutionally protected as a suspect classification under anti-discrimination laws......and, to be generous, ambiguous condition which happens to NOT be subject to Constitutional protections, or a "suspect classification" under any federal law.....:)

Don't you have hate crimes based on religion?

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Don't you have hate crimes based on religion?
I hope not. If we do, they are equally stupid---asinine beyond belief.

HolmeZz
02-16-2007, 12:56 AM

Granted not a great source, but wikipedia says:

"As of October 2001, the federal hate crime law 18 USC 245 (b)(2), passed in 1969, protects religion, race and national origin, and applies only if the victim is engaged in one of six protected activities. Seven states have no hate crime laws, 20 states have hate crime laws that do not protect sexual orientation, and 24 states have hate crime laws that include sexual orientation."

I know I've heard of people getting charged with a hate crime for torching a Church before.

mcan
02-16-2007, 01:04 AM

I just wanted to take a bit of time and go back and look at it again. I'll admit, most of what I learned from the case came from the media and from the play "The Larimee Project" which was actually pretty objective, since it was put together through interviews with people on both sides.

Do I think that McKinney and Henderson wanted to kill a gay man that night? Not necessarily... I think that if Matthew Shephard had been straight, he'd be alive today and telling his friends about that time he got his ass kicked and robbed by these two drunks that said they'd give him a ride. The fact is, McKinney lashed out on him because he touched his leg... His hatred blinded him and he didn't stop until the damage was done. It wasn't a pre-meditated gay bashing, but in his drug and alcohol induced stupor, his hatred for gays came to a violent realization.

mcan
02-16-2007, 01:15 AM

I don't think a person who kills a guy because of the guys' sexual orientation should be PUNISHED any more or less than a guy who kills another guy for a wallet full of money. But I do think it's important for us to know why or why not anybody was killed.

I don't think it's reasonable to assume that this was just a robbery gone bad though. These guys got into fights ALL THE TIME!!! And, they started beating Matthew when he touched McKinney's leg, continued beating him in a rage, stopped only for a moment to ask for the wallet, then beat him some more. Then tied him up, took his shoes, beat him some more... Then Henderson even tried to get McKinney to stop, and McKinney took a swing at HIM TOO! Henderson went back to the truck, while McKinney just kept on swinging and beating a motionless, defenseless, shoeless, and wallet-less Matthew Shepard.

They already had the wallet... The beating was either for fun (which if that's the case, how come they'd never beaten anybody to death before) or, the beating was "punishment" for touching his leg...

teedubya
02-16-2007, 02:01 AM
So if we all can agree that being gay 'isnt a choice' but something that you are born with.

Is it safe to call it a Birth Defect?

teedubya
02-16-2007, 02:06 AM
And You! And You!!!

Iowanian
02-16-2007, 08:57 AM
We've seen Justin Timberlake Croon "dick in a box" on SNL.

We've seen the girl on youtube with her Box in a box.

I anxiously await Tim Hardaway's Youtube of "dickinthebutt" as an apology to the ghey community whose delicates he has offended.

Speaking of discrimination.....how the NBA can justify kicking him out of the All()*() game for expressing his view at a completely different location is beyond belief.

Iowanian
02-16-2007, 09:09 AM
I hate retards. Retards disgust me. I don't think there's a place for them in the world or the United States.

Dude. You know thats a shitty thing to say, dude. Man, thats just not right. dude, you look fat in those pants, man.

Sully
02-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Who's gonna answer this one honestly, since my last question wasn't?

What if Tim Hardaway had said, "I hate soldiers!!!"?

I'd be willing to bet that people so steadfasti]ly defending Hardaway's courage and convictions, such as Kotter, Steve and Iowa would be pretty vocally NOT defending his courage and conviction, but calling him and idiot...
I guess we are all PC when it comes to those things which e believe in. In the end, the PC "insult" is just another way to embolden those who say unpopular things that WE AGREE WITH.

Bowser
02-16-2007, 09:36 AM
In the end, for me, I really couldn't care less what Timmah thinks. I just file his name under Useless Celebrity Bigot in the mental rolodex, and just shake my head at anything he says from here on out.

Oh, is this thread still about that?

Iowanian
02-16-2007, 09:44 AM
I'd still agree he has a right to his opinion.....and I'd still retain the right to think he was an asshole for saying it. I don't think Hardaway is "couragous" for saying what he did.....I haven't said that I agree with him. I don't give a shit what he or the former player who likes manbanana say, about anything. I couldn't pick either out of a lineup of 4 tall people.

I just find if funny when people who squeal the loudest about free speech, don't afford the same leeway to others.

Sully
02-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I just find if funny when people who squeal the loudest about free speech, don't afford the same leeway to others.

I agree.

I find it funnier that those who cry "PC!" at every opportunity react in the same manner when it's their pet project.

Sully
02-16-2007, 09:50 AM
For the record.
I think Hardaway is an idiot, not for saying what he believes... but for believing what he believes.

Iowanian
02-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Cover yourself in Vaseline and have a good cry or whatever you do to get by sully. Don't forget the EMO and bubblebath.

Sully
02-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Cover yourself in Vaseline and have a good cry or whatever you do to get by sully. Don't forget the EMO and bubblebath.

htismaqe
02-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Wow, I missed all the drama.

I only posted in this thread because I'm genuinely CONCERNED about UP's behavior.

Maybe it's because I'm a mod, maybe it's because I've read just about everything UP's ever posted. IT'S FUNNY STUFF.

But recently, buried beneath the football talk and the witty little nonsensical stuff, there's been a steady barrage of attacks on Christians and anyone else that might not like gay people.

Honestly, Psi, I don't care if you don't like me. I've always enjoyed your posts, here and over at the NCAA forums we were both on.

I can't make both sides happy. If I let it all go, the religious people complain that they're being silenced. If I step in and do something, the anti-religious people step in and complain.

So I'm trying to deal only with things that involve malice, and some of your behavior lately has ABSOLUTELY been malicious, whether you want to admit it or not.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 10:45 AM

I'd be willing to bet that people so steadfasti]ly defending Hardaway's courage and convictions, such as Kotter, Steve and Iowa would be pretty vocally NOT defending his courage and conviction, but calling him and idiot...
I guess we are all PC when it comes to those things which e believe in. In the end, the PC "insult" is just another way to embolden those who say unpopular things that WE AGREE WITH.
Are your reading comprehension skills really THIS pathetic, dude? :spock:

At no point have I defended Hardaway for his idiotic statements. Not once. Search the thread yourself, moron. The only "defense" I made, if I made any at all was to defend the principle of free speech. That includes the rights of asslicks like Hardaway to make fools of themselves.

My interest in this thread was two things: (1) entertainment & drama value, and (2) UPs hypersensitivity to anything remotely considered "homophobic"....and her hypocrisy on the issue, relative to her conduct when the "shoe is on the other foot." Of course, the hijackings were fun too.

Anyway, you really should know WTF you are talking about before you run your yapper....:rolleyes:

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2007, 10:46 AM

Wait a second. I posted an article in DC where libs were doing much worse. They were actually approaching soldiers and accusing them of murdering babies which is way worse than just saying you hate somebody and you all your PC legions were absolutely defending their right to do so. Furthermore you your metaphores are horrible. You and your PC legions will defend the rights of some guy to not be offended because he takes it up the ass but defend the right of someone to say anything to someone who is putting their life and families future on the line for you. Is there any wonder why people despise the new PC America? That being said, using your own example I would defend some gay dudes right to pummel some asshole for jumping in his face and calling him a young boy rapist and murderer as well. The only hypocracy here is coming from you and PC members of our society. Freedom of speech is being invaded by left wing PC types WAY more than the right these days. I actually posted an article on this back about 9 months ago.

Sully
02-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Are your reading comprehension skills really THIS pathetic, dude? :spock:

At no point have I defended Hardaway for his idiotic statements. Not once. Search the thread yourself, moron. The only "defense" I made, if I made any at all was to defend the principle of free speech. That includes the rights of asslicks like Hardaway to make fools of themselves.

My interest in this thread was two things: (1) entertainment & drama value, and (2) UPs hypersensitivity to anything remotely considered "homophobic"....and her hypocrisy on the issue, relative to her conduct when the "shoe is on the other foot." Of course, the hijackings were fun too.

Anyway, you really should know WTF you are talking about before you run your yapper....:rolleyes:

I know what I'm talking about.
I'd bet anything that this thread wouldn't be nearly as entertaining to you, and you wouldn't defend any part of the guy's free speech, if he had said troops. You certainly wouldn't be poking fun at BD's sensitivities if he had posted the thread, though he posts as many whiny threads about pet projects as anyone on this site.

htismaqe
02-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Seriously, this thread has gone on long enough.

Let it die.

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2007, 10:59 AM
For the record.
I think Hardaway is an idiot, not for saying what he believes... but for believing what he believes.

I think the part about they shouldn't be allowed to in our country or the world or whatever he said there was the worst part. Barkely said it was the stupdist thing he had ever heard but then said his biggest fear was that this weekend people would come out and defend what he said causing a huge firestorm. That's it in a nutshell. There are many athletes that don't want to shower with a gay dude. There are many who just want team chemistry in order to play championship ball. That usually comes from people who are tight gelling. That is harder to do with a gay dude. Barkely said he has gay friends. I just wanted to ask him when was the last time he hung out all weekend and kicked it with one of them.

Let me put it this way, if I am a coach and have a bunch of Sully's on my team and there is a talented gay player who can help us I would go out and get him. On the other hand if I have guys who are uncomfortable with a gay guys and I can't get that same chemistry I am not going to get him. I would not build a team around a gay guy but I would bring him in if I had the right guys if that makes sense. My job as a coach or owner would be to put the very best team on the court not the most PC team.

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2007, 11:03 AM
What I have not seen was anyone mention is the fact that this clown was trying to make a buck on his sexuality.

ChiTown
02-16-2007, 11:07 AM

Let it die.

I agree with wishing it a nice death, but what the hell does it matter. If people want to discuss it, let them discuss. It's not like there's a chitpotfull of other Chiefs related topics right now.

htismaqe
02-16-2007, 11:08 AM
I agree with wishing it a nice death, but what the hell does it matter. If people want to discuss it, let them discuss. It's not like there's a chitpotfull of other Chiefs related topics right now.

I have no problem with DISCUSSION.

This is YET ANOTHER example of how the Planet is decaying into a cesspool of bickering, whining, and infighting.

Frazod
02-16-2007, 11:11 AM

This is YET ANOTHER example of how the Planet is decaying into a cesspool of bickering, whining, and infighting.

Just lock the goddamn thing.

Take some of the heat off Zack. :D

ChiTown
02-16-2007, 11:11 AM

I agree, but most message boards (these days) operate like that - especially over time.

I think what we all need (and can agree on) is a good blow job and a Chiefs Super Bowl. Every gay and straight man can agree with that

:)

htismaqe
02-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Just lock the goddamn thing.

Take some of the heat off Zack. :D

There's no heat on Zach after the whole Believer thing. I might as well have just jumped in front of him and taken a bullet. :D

Frazod
02-16-2007, 11:15 AM
There's no heat on Zach after the whole Believer thing. I might as well have just jumped in front of him and taken a bullet. :D

Zealots following you around with torches and pitchforks, eh?

siberian khatru
02-16-2007, 11:16 AM
I think what we all need (and can agree on) is a good blow job and a Chiefs Super Bowl. Every gay and straight man can agree with that

:)

Just so long as my BJ is from a chick.

ChiTown
02-16-2007, 11:17 AM

Oh, great!

Another homophobe.........

siberian khatru
02-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Oh, great!

Another homophobe.........

I think we should discuss this.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I know what I'm talking about.
I'd bet anything that this thread wouldn't be nearly as entertaining to you, and you wouldn't defend any part of the guy's free speech, if he had said troops. .

Whenever anyone follows "I know what I'm talking about" with....."I'd bet anything"...it's an admission you are full of shit in what you "know."

FTR, I would defend his right to free speech; but I'd also be among those calling him an idiot, and fuggin' terrorist-sympathizing POS, for it.

You certainly wouldn't be poking fun at BD's sensitivities if he had posted the thread, though he posts as many whiny threads about pet projects as anyone on this site.

You are right about that, at least. I enjoy his whiney threads though--UPs and yours? Not so much. So there is a difference.

ChiTown
02-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I think we should discuss this.

What's to discuss?

It's all warm and moist when the lights are off........

GoHuge
02-16-2007, 11:29 AM
What's to discuss?

Baby Lee
02-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Jayzus, just close yer eyes.

And your ears, if he gets all 'slurpy.'

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2007, 11:31 AM
What's to discuss?

Wouldn't want to be hanging with you at 2 AM when the bar closes and women are all gone. Hey whatever happened to the puking smilie?

htismaqe
02-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Jayzus, just close yer eyes.

And your ears, if he gets all 'slurpy.'

ROFL

ChiTown
02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Wouldn't want to be hanging with you at 2 AM when the bar closes and women are all gone. Hey whatever happened to the puking smilie?

Some of you fellas just don't have ANY imagination. Where's your sense of adventure for crying out loud!

:thailor:

I'm curiously now in the mood to watch Bird Cage..........

HonestChieffan
02-16-2007, 02:33 PM
It is amazing to read through this entire thread. I had no idea that people had such feelings and deep seated negativity on an issue like this.

To me, Hardaway is showing his ignorance about people and his bigotry toward one group of people. His mother should have taught him better and to keep his ignorance to himself.

Equally frightening is to read that we still have such major homophobia. I mean come on, you cannot catch "gay". And if you are not gay, what makes you such an expert on it? I have a gay niece who is one of the finest peopole you will ever meet. I wonder how many of her patients..she is a nurse practitioner...care ?

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2007, 02:35 PM
It is amazing to read through this entire thread. I had no idea that people had such feelings and deep seated negativity on an issue like this.

To me, Hardaway is showing his ignorance about people and his bigotry toward one group of people. His mother should have taught him better and to keep his ignorance to himself.

Equally frightening is to read that we still have such major homophobia. I mean come on, you cannot catch "gay". And if you are not gay, what makes you such an expert on it? I have a gay niece who is one of the finest peopole you will ever meet. I wonder how many of her patients..she is a nurse practitioner...care ?

Don't trip dude we accept you.

Baby Lee
02-16-2007, 02:36 PM
peopole
If you gay niece were your gay nephew, that'd be hiLARious.

Eleazar
02-16-2007, 02:40 PM

Let it die.

Where did anyone think this thread would end up? This was not only the logical conclusion but really the only possible outcome.

Ultra Peanut
02-16-2007, 03:22 PM
But recently, buried beneath the football talk and the witty little nonsensical stuff, there's been a steady barrage of attacks on Christians and anyone else that might not like gay people.(A) It's such an onslaught that I've never even noticed it! Aside from the Believer debacle, and needling stevie about his "rudderless people" statement in DC, where have I done this?

Let's look at all of my replies in this thread prior to your claims:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3781833&postcount=41
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3781847&postcount=44
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3781938&postcount=63
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3781981&postcount=66
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3781995&postcount=70
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3782290&postcount=94 (oh noes, I said, "Moral majority!")
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3782321&postcount=100

So first I'm an attention whore looking for reasons to feel put-upon, and now I'm the Planet's very own Anti-Christ Crusader!

And no, posting Brian Posehn's "Metal By Numbers" music video in the Contemporary Christian Music Video thread was not an attempt to make some sort of statement about just how much I hate Jesus.

(B) I hope you're not implying that Christians inherently dislike gay people.

htismaqe
02-16-2007, 03:31 PM
And no, posting Brian Posehn's "Metal By Numbers" music video in the Contemporary Christian Music Video thread was not an attempt to make some sort of statement about just how much I hate Jesus.

It was perceived as such, and quite frankly I'm sick of the whining on BOTH sides.

You're never going to admit it, so give it a rest. It's over and done with.

Reaper16
02-16-2007, 03:33 PM
It was perceived as such, and quite frankly I'm sick of the whining on BOTH sides.

You're never going to admit it, so give it a rest. It's over and done with.
It's not going to rest because those accusing UP of this and that are ****ing lying!

HonestChieffan
02-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I guess its assumed that if you are a christian you hate gay people? Thas absurd at any level.

htismaqe
02-16-2007, 03:38 PM
It's not going to rest because those accusing UP of this and that are ****ing lying!

Lying about how they FEEL about something? Lying implies truth or fact, none of which exists in this situation.

Reaper16
02-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Lying about how they FEEL about something? Lying implies truth or fact, none of which exists in this situation.
Yes. Because you all are too smart to actually believe this shit.

htismaqe
02-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Yes. Because you all are too smart to actually believe this shit.

What in the hell are you talking about?

HonestChieffan
02-16-2007, 03:43 PM
How do you think ribs should be done...dry rub or a mop sauce?

htismaqe
02-16-2007, 03:43 PM
How do you think ribs should be done...dry rub or a mop sauce?

Dry rub, definitely. Sauce goes on the side...

HonestChieffan
02-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Do you peel your ribs?

Beef vs Pork...any hints?

htismaqe
02-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Do you peel your ribs?

Beef vs Pork...any hints?

I have before and I don't anymore. Mostly it's because I'm lazy, but I tell people that Ollie Gates told me it seals in flavor.

And port, definitely pork. I don't like beef ribs.

Ultra Peanut
02-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Where's the beef?

Up someone's ass I hope!

HonestChieffan
02-16-2007, 03:54 PM
I lean to pork as well.

I do like beef brisket

vailpass
02-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Where's the beef?

Up someone's ass I hope!

Shouldn't you be somewhere contemplating suicide right now?

HonestChieffan
02-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Pork loin is great too and on sale its a great value

Ultra Peanut
02-16-2007, 04:16 PM
I would commit suicide if I had to eat beef "BBQ."

vailpass
02-16-2007, 05:40 PM
I would commit suicide if I had to eat beef "BBQ."

LMAO
What about brisket, isn't that beef? That's some good %^$& right there.

I was in the Memphis airport last week and had a BBQ pork sammich from one of the eateries in the terminal. Damn good. Served with coleslaw on the sandwich just the way I likes it.

Sully
02-16-2007, 07:18 PM
I guess its assumed that if you are a christian you hate gay people? Thas absurd at any level.

It's absurd, fromt he standpoint that I consider myself a very strong Christian who is always honing his beliefs and studying my faith, but I, and many around me, are not anti-gay.

It's not absurd, when you realize that many of the anti-gay groups are couching all of their arguments in Christianity.

Eleazar
02-16-2007, 07:20 PM
I am anti-gay threads. YEEHAW!

supercoupe91
02-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Take out the word every time Hardaway says "gay", and instead insert "black".

Then it's easy to see how much of a turd biscuit Hardaway is.

RNR
02-18-2007, 09:00 AM

I would think the the same thing as I do now "he is a idiot" much like "the idiot" in your sig. They both have the right to say what they want and they both have the right to be idiots. People suffer the backlash from using their freedom to say stupid things.

Fairplay
02-18-2007, 09:02 AM
If there wasn't any gay people we wouldn't have this problem.

JonesCrusher
02-18-2007, 09:10 AM
I would think the the same thing as I do now "he is a idiot" much like "the idiot" in your sig. They both have the right to say what they want and they both have the right to be idiots. People suffer the backlash from using their freedom to say stupid things.

Stupid statements create conversation. We will never put an end to bigotry unless we allow the conversations to happen. We are so worried about being PC that we end up ignoring important issues and are forced into one sided arguments.

Kinda like at the beginning of the Iraq war, we were told that we could not be against the war while the troops are in harms way. It actually worked for quite a while.

HonestChieffan
02-18-2007, 09:15 AM
There are some really great BBQ sauces. I like Uncle Frizzos

RNR
02-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Stupid statements create conversation. We will never put an end to bigotry unless we allow the conversations to happen. We are so worried about being PC that we end up ignoring important issues and are forced into one sided arguments.

Kinda like at the beginning of the Iraq war, we were told that we could not be against the war while the troops are in harms way. It actually worked for quite a while.
Agreed I guess it takes idiots to bring somethings out. Much like the KKK they kept yelling and doing evil things and our country woke up. As far as the war that is a DC topic and I could go on a rant about that as I have a son fighting as we speak.

JonesCrusher
02-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Agreed I guess it takes idiots to bring somethings out. Much like the KKK they kept yelling and doing evil things and our country woke up. As far as the war that is a DC topic and I could go on a rant about that as I have a son fighting as we speak.

I was in no way trying to make a political statement toward you or your heroic son. Sorry if it seemed that way. Merely saying that dialogue is important, and it needs to be two sided.