PDA

View Full Version : The Valentine's Day Gift Thread

NewChief
02-15-2007, 10:25 AM
What did you get? I scored
http://www.bodegashop.com/productimgs/whiskey.laphroaig.10.years.jpg

Jenson71
02-15-2007, 10:27 AM
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000M5AJQS.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V45746209_.jpg

NewChief
02-15-2007, 10:28 AM
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000M5AJQS.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V45746209_.jpg

I can't wait to rent that movie. I may have to grab it tonight.

Jenson71
02-15-2007, 10:30 AM
I can't wait to rent that movie. I may have to grab it tonight.

Definitely a great movie. Just a heads up, it's 2 and a half hours though.

Manila-Chief
02-15-2007, 11:09 AM
My wife took me out yesterday afternoon .... we bought a new house last June ... she bought a pink dogwood and other trees ... so, she took me out to plant them for her as a gift ... this may be the South but it was in the lower 30's yesterday ... gloves for digging the holes but fingers got cold placing dirt around the roots....

I needed the exercise ... and a lot more of it.

Oh, and BTW we have a dusting of snow down here this morning ... looks really pretty ... just glad we don't have the 2 or 3 feet that some have.

seclark
02-15-2007, 11:37 AM
sec

Sully
02-15-2007, 11:46 AM
I got a kick ass shaving kit, with the brush and the little dish. Very cool.

MOhillbilly
02-15-2007, 11:48 AM
candy and a stuffed doll that i was told i couldnt feed to my dogs.

i told her no promises.

BucEyedPea
02-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Dozen Red Roses from an admirer who I had to dinner
One White Rose from my daughter
I make edible valentines for friends, my daughter, her class and teacher
wrapped in translucent envelopes and a heart seal on the back

Filet Mignon Dinner,
Cabernet Sauvignon Wine,
Spinach Salad with Strawberries

Strawberry Haagen-Dazs with fresh strawberries in light sauce
with homemade chocolate heart cookies decorated with pink dragees

It was a nice night!

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8720/valentinesdaylo4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ChiTown
02-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I came out of the closet, and I told my wife that I hated gay people. It's worked so swimmingly well for Tim Hardaway, that I thought I'd give it a shot...........

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 12:15 PM
going to mexico next week.

Nzoner
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I got a new KC Chiefs light for the dogho....er gameroom.

boogblaster
02-15-2007, 01:04 PM
"Ole Growler" took me out for dinner..got a burger and a cold bowl of chili ...the thought counted ...

Kerberos
02-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I got fugged over by Hallmark.com and then I got my money back.

Long story short

If you buy flowers online from hallmark.com they send them FED-EX from a contracted facility somewhere.

When your WU/GU/SOU gets the flowers they are in a wilted, dormant and damn near dead state.

Instructions inside the box tell you how to CARE for your flowers and bring them BACK to life.

ON FUGGING VALENTINES DAY.. my wife gets flowers from me that are half fugging dead.

:shake:

After two calls to hallmark customer support I finally got ahold of a supervisor and pleaded that what I saw on the site and ordered WAS NOT what my wife recieved. Plus the picture and page I ordered from said nothing about them sending flowers that were not 100% or needed care after reciept. Blatant false advertising were my choice words!

Got them to reverse charges and high tailed it down to the local florist and got what they had left over.

:cuss:

teaches me to not buy local. :shake:

I CANNOT be the only person that was more than dissapointed with this kind of shit from Hallmark.

Kerberos
02-15-2007, 01:48 PM

Don't drink the water.

CoMoChief
02-15-2007, 01:52 PM

Don't buy any pot from people standing in dark alley ways.

Most of the time bad things will happen.

BigRedChief
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
My wife shoveled the snow out of my driveway.

luv
02-15-2007, 01:55 PM
I got talked to by my supervisor. Apparently, my employees think I'm snapping at them whe I ask them what they need when they come in my office or stop me while I'm out on the production floor. And then, about five minutes after that conversation, I discover that one of my employees has wasted over 1/4 of her night by scanning a job into the wrong place on the computer.

Isn't life grand?

:)

luv
02-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Sorry, I shouldn't rant about a stressful night on a Valentines thread. The company did hand out little goodie bags. I was sweet enough to give mine away to someone who was taking theirs home to their kids. :)

seclark
02-15-2007, 02:15 PM
I was sweet enough to give mine away to someone who was taking theirs home to their kids. :)
was it the lady you ragged on that had the problems w/the scanner?
sec

luv
02-15-2007, 02:16 PM
was it the lady you ragged on that had the problems w/the scanner?
sec
Actually, yes it was. I hadn't even thought about that.

seclark
02-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Actually, yes it was. I hadn't even thought about that.
bet she threw it in the trash on the way out of the office.
sec

luv
02-15-2007, 02:20 PM
bet she threw it in the trash on the way out of the office.
sec
Her kids loss. Certainly not mine. I wouldn't have eaten any of the candy anyway. And it's not my fault she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing, or that she "wasn't feeling well" or her "head wasn't in the work". Discipline is part of my job. You don't want to get into trouble, pay attention to what you're doing.

ANYWAY....

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Don't drink the water.

bottled beer?

NewChief
02-15-2007, 02:23 PM
So you know what I got... what about the wife?

I got up early in the morning and ran out, pretending I was going to the gym. Picked up a bunch of chocolate covered strawberries from the local bakery and a dozen roses (which were in horrible shape, which is funny, because my wife is a complete flower snob). That night we had decided we just wanted to cook a gourmet meal at home.

We had a really nice salsa from the gourmet store. I picked up some salmon and made up some spicy salmon steaks with west african sweet potatos for the main course. Served it with a Lake Sonoma Zin (good wine, btw). Dessert was ice cream drizzled with a cabernet hot fudge sauce.

Monty
02-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I got one of these:

http://www.allsportsandgolfgifts.com/ProductImages/nfl_callaway_carry_bag/KansasCity2ToneGolite_primary.jpg

Next week is my birthday, so I get to pick out the custom clubs to go in the new bag. :D

First the Chiefs bowling ball, now this.......... :)

As for what I did for her......well, it was pretty mushy, even by the Planet's standards, so I would probably be accused of being "teh ghey" or something like that. :p

Monty
02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
So you know what I got... what about the wife?

I got up early in the morning and ran out, pretending I was going to the gym. Picked up a bunch of chocolate covered strawberries from the local bakery and a dozen roses (which were in horrible shape, which is funny, because my wife is a complete flower snob). That night we had decided we just wanted to cook a gourmet meal at home.

We had a really nice salsa from the gourmet store. I picked up some salmon and made up some spicy salmon steaks with west african sweet potatos for the main course. Served it with a Lake Sonoma Zin (good wine, btw). Dessert was ice cream drizzled with a cabernet hot fudge sauce.

Good stuff. I did some of the same things, but definitely had more "fru fru" items thrown in to create a little more ambiance.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-15-2007, 03:26 PM
This is what I gave my valentine...

stevieray
02-15-2007, 04:17 PM
happy ending.

Kerberos
02-15-2007, 04:46 PM
bottled beer?

I was once told by some friends that live in Chula Vista and trip over to Tijuana frequently that if you buy bottled beer make SURE they open the bottle in front of you or refuse it and make them bring an unopened bottle back and open it in front of you.

They told me it was not uncommon for them to take several unfinished beer bottles and pour them all into one bottle and resell it.

Don't know about YOU but that sounds pretty disgusting to me.

:Lin: