PDA

View Full Version : Scout.com Top 250

ct
02-15-2007, 12:30 PM
pretty good list...

http://nflexperts.scout.com/3/07Draft250.html

I won't try to paste in the table data, maybe somebody else can put the top10 or something in here.

Kclee
02-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Rank Name School Pos Type
1 Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech WR A
2 JaMarcus Russell LSU QB D
3 Adrian Peterson Oklahoma RB D
4 Joe Thomas Wisconsin OT D
5 Gaines Adams Clemson DE J
6 Amobi Okoye Louisville DT D
7 Jamaal Anderson Arkansas DE D
8 Brady Quinn Notre Dame QB I
9 LaRon Landry LSU FS D
10 Alan Branch Michigan DT I
11 Levi Brown Penn State OT D
12 Adam Carriker Nebraska DE I
13 Darrelle Revis Pittsburgh CB I
14 Marshawn Lynch California RB I
15 Ted Ginn Ohio State WR G
16 Ben Grubbs Auburn OG I
17 Dwayne Jarrett USC WR F
18 Leonard Hall Michigan CB G
19 Reggie Nelson Florida SS G
20 Aaron Ross Texas CB I
21 Jon Beason Miami WLB G
22 Charles Johnson Georgia DE G
23 Greg Olsen Miami TE I
24 Lawrence Timmons Florida State SLB I
25 Paul Posluszny Penn State WLB I
26 Jarvis Moss Florida DE I
27 Arron Sears Tennessee OG I
28 Patrick Willis Ole Miss MLB I
29 Antonio Pittman Ohio State RB I
30 Sidney Rice South Carolina WR I
31 Chris Houston Arkansas CB I
32 Anthony Spencer Purdue DE G
33 Raymond McDonald Florida DT G
34 Robert Meachem Tennessee WR I
35 Quentin Moses Georgia DE J
36 Justin Harrell Tennessee DT I
37 Joseph Staley Central Michigan OT I
8 Craig Davis LSU WR I
39 Ryan Harris Notre Dame OT I
40 Zachary Bowman Nebraska CB I

Player Typing

A - Super Star Quality - Starter in first season. Player has rare athletic ability, position skills, size and production. Top competitor, who can impact a football game. Lottery Selection. (John Elway, Deion Sanders, Roy Williams).

D - Pro Bowl Player - First year regular. Must have the same size, speed, and near the athletic ability and skill requirements of an (A) or (B) player. Dominant Offensive linemen, fall into this category. In most systems (D) players have a greater value then (C) players and skilled players and pass rushers could eventually develop into an (A) performer at the professional level. Immature, Injured, players with personal problems, or playing out of position fall into this category (Randy Moss, Orlando Pace, Terrell Owens).

F - Overachiever - Has the necessary size for the position plus is a good or better competitor. A solid college player who may have been more consistent in college then many (D) players, but have shown a weakness in one of the following areas: 1) Quickness - Common with offensive linemen. 2) Athlete - Common with both offensive and defensive linemen. 3) Speed - Most common will skill players. Generally a back up type player, who is near or has reached his ultimate playing potential (Joe Andruzzi, Jerricho Cotchery).

G - Small Player - Does not have the required size for the position. Usually outstanding college players, who likely will not maintain the same level of efficiency and effectiveness as a professional. (Bob Sanders, Dexter Coakley, Eddie Drummond). 1) Special situation player 3) Special Teams player 2) Contributing back up 4) Third down or sub-package nickel back

I - Height, Weight, Speed player - Most contributing to good NFL players fall into this classification. Players final grade cannot be greater then his athletic grade. Players in this category must have the necessary size, play speed, and cannot be limited mentally. (Marcellus Wiley, Jimmy Smith, Laveranues Coles).

J - Undersized Prospect - An athlete who meets the necessary standards (athletic ability and play production) to develop into a (D) or (I) player, but currently lacks the bulk or physical maturity or body type to maintain the necessary weight. (J) players are most common among offensive, defensive linemen, and linebackers. Must have the frame to add and maintain the necessary weight (Fred Dean, Jason Taylor).

htismaqe
02-15-2007, 02:15 PM
G - Small Player - Does not have the required size for the position. Usually outstanding college players, who likely will not maintain the same level of efficiency and effectiveness as a professional. (Bob Sanders, Dexter Coakley, Eddie Drummond). 1) Special situation player 3) Special Teams player 2) Contributing back up 4) Third down or sub-package nickel back

This can't be serious. Coakley was a serviceable starter for many years, and Sanders is arguably the NFL standard for strong safeties. Could they have picked worse examples?

Nevermind, I just noticed they mentioned Roy Williams in the same breath as Elway and Deion.

FringeNC
02-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I have a problem with Russel at #2. It takes a long time to groom QBs, especially a raw talent like that. By the time they have reached their potential (if they ever do), it'll be time for a new contract. If I pick a QB that high in the draft, I only pick someone like Leinart who is polished, and ready to go.

ct
02-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I have a problem with Russel at #2. It takes a long time to groom QBs, especially a raw talent like that. By the time they have reached their potential (if they ever do), it'll be time for a new contract. If I pick a QB that high in the draft, I only pick someone like Leinart who is polished, and ready to go.

Yeah, cause Leinart was polished and ready to go, and that Vince Young guy is just so raw, it'll take him several years to make an impact. :rolleyes:

ct
02-15-2007, 03:14 PM

This can't be serious. Coakley was a serviceable starter for many years, and Sanders is arguably the NFL standard for strong safeties. Could they have picked worse examples?

Nevermind, I just noticed they mentioned Roy Williams in the same breath as Elway and Deion.

I thought exactly the same thing for the examples when I saw Bob Sanders.

Pushead2
02-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Even though I am a Michigan fan, I am a fan Pittman's running. He has great vision.