PDA

View Full Version : Joe Thomas a Chief

Chiefs=Champions
02-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Apparantly the lions are looking to trade down, and theres no argument that if we could have any player in the draft he Joe Thomas would be near the top. is there any trade you can think of that dosnt involve us trading three picks to get the second overall pick, and Joe thomas?

Hound333
02-16-2007, 08:30 PM
We would have to give up way to much in my opinion. We have far to many holes to fill at this point.

El Jefe
02-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Wont happen.

HolmeZz
02-16-2007, 11:20 PM
I'd rather have Calvin if we were up that high.

Mr. Laz
02-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Carl Peterson gets bent over trading up just 2 spots ........ can you image how much we'd have to pay to move up 20.

joe thomas would be the only guy left on our team

Tribal Warfare
02-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Carl Peterson get bent over trading up just 2 spots ........ can you image how much we'd have to pay to move up 20.

joe thomas would be the only guy left on our team

the man isn't Scanlon

suds79
02-17-2007, 12:05 AM
I'd rather have Calvin if we were up that high.

BINGO!

While I feel there isn't a position we need more than LT, I think Calvin Johnson will prove to the best player in this draft.

He is an absolute stud.

suds79
02-17-2007, 11:04 AM
furthermore,

Would it be better to sell the farm for Joe Thomas

or

Give up much less (yet still costly) to move up 5-8 spots for Levi Brown.

Just throwing that out there if we're thinking of moving up.

I personally think we need to acquire more picks. But I like Levi a lot. I hope he falls to 23rd.

Pushead2
02-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Fantasy!

jspchief
02-20-2007, 08:29 AM
I'd rather have Calvin if we were up that high.Yea because everyone knows that WR is the cornerstone of an offense. :rolleyes:

ROYC75
02-20-2007, 09:43 AM
furthermore,

Would it be better to sell the farm for Joe Thomas

or

Give up much less (yet still costly) to move up 5-8 spots for Levi Brown.

Just throwing that out there if we're thinking of moving up.

I personally think we need to acquire more picks. But I like Levi a lot. I hope he falls to 23rd.

If we move up, this is the best option.

Thomas is a pipe dream and too costly for us to move.

jspchief
02-20-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm not in favor of selling the farm for any player. The odds are too high that he'll be the next Ryan Leaf (or in this case Robert Gallery).

If we want to move up a few spots to target a specific player, I'm fine with that. But you can't put all your eggs in that basket. Even if that player pans out you've still put a burden on the future of your team.

Rain Man
02-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm not in favor of selling the farm for any player. The odds are too high that he'll be the next Ryan Leaf (or in this case Robert Gallery).

If we want to move up a few spots to target a specific player, I'm fine with that. But you can't put all your eggs in that basket. Even if that player pans out you've still put a burden on the future of your team.

Plus, I don't want to see Joe Thomas wearing a wedding dress next to Herm on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Brock
02-20-2007, 02:31 PM

Yep, that move ensures you don't get any Jared Allens or Jarrod Pages, unexpected starters.

KurtCobain
02-21-2007, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't have to buy a jersey if he could somehow use the number 21. I bought a customized Joe Thomas chiefs jersey years ago. Well, Joey Thomas. same thing.

Mr. Laz
02-24-2007, 12:08 PM
POSTED 12:12 p.m. EST, February 24, 2007

THOMAS THE EARLY BUZZ OF THE COMBINE

The early reaction to the performance of Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas is that he'll end up being drafted No. 2 at the lowest.

Some scouts clocked his first effort in the 40-yard dash at 4.92 seconds.

And don't expect the Lions to try to trade down to No. 3. They're standing pat, we're told, at No. 2, and taking Thomas.

Before it's all said and done, don't be surprised if the Lions end up moving to No. 1 in order to ensure that they get him.