PDA

View Full Version : Greg Louganis: I hate straight people!

Silock
02-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Greg Louganis: I hate straight people!

MIAMI -- Former Olympic Diver and Gold Medal winner Greg Louganis said that he "hates straight people" during a radio interview on Thursday.

"You know, I hate straight people, so I let it be known. I don't like straight people and I don't like to be around straight people," he said while a guest on Sirius OutQ 109 Gay Radio. "I'm heterophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States, especially around Key West, Provincetown, or San Francisco."

The discussion was sparked by the recent announcement that actor Mario Lopez, who played Louganis in the USA Network's 1996 made-for-television movie Breaking the Surface: The Greg Louganis Story, is, in fact, straight.

The host then went on to ask Louganis how he would have interacted with a straight Olympic teammate.

"Something has to give, Louganis said. "If you have 10, 15, or hopefully even 20 other ballplayers in your locker room that are upset and can't concentrate and are always worried about why he's not checking us out in the locker room or at a club or whatever, it's only going to be semi-hard."

Lopez, who publicly announced that he was straight for the fifth time on Wednesday, said he had hoped his shocking revelation would be a catalyst for intelligent discourse, and would put to rest the persistent rumors about his sexuality.

"I'm actually tempted to laugh," Lopez told The Windy City Times. "I just wanted to reassure everyone, once again, that I'm completely straight. But to hear this sort of hate coming from such a beautiful man, a man you were almost willing to throw away your whole life for, well, it's tough."

Lopez then began quietly sobbing to himself before abruptly shouting out "I just want to be loved, is that so wrong?"

As of press time it was unclear whether Lopez was referencing Harvey Fierstein in the 1988 film Torch Song Trilogy, or Jon Lovitz's impersonation of Harvey Fierstein on Saturday Night Live.

Soon after Lopez's tearful rebuttal, Louganis apologized for his remarks.

"Yes, I regret it. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said I hate straight people or anything like that," he said. "That was my mistake. What I meant to say was that I hate women. Tits are gross."

______

LOL Satire FTW!

http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=3570&SectionID=12&LayoutType=1

Fire Me Boy!
02-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Wow... that's incredibly not funny. I hope you didn't spend too much time on that.

RJ
02-19-2007, 08:28 AM
The Onion?

Wherever it's from, I thought it funny. Thanks for sharing.

Silock
02-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Wow... that's incredibly not funny. I hope you didn't spend too much time on that.

You'd be surprised at just how fast the copy and paste function has gotten on those new fangled personal computers.

teedubya
02-19-2007, 08:46 AM
You'd be surprised at just how easy it is to include the original link on those new fangled personal computers.

StcChief
02-19-2007, 08:56 AM
At least he's up front about it. :p

vailpass
02-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Feg Looseanus is 100% approved by trannies and aussies everywhere.

Sully
02-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Thank God he's not being all PC about it.

Silock
02-19-2007, 09:09 AM
You'd be surprised at just how easy it is to include the original link on those new fangled personal computers.

WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM?! :cuss:

A friend sent it to me. No original link given. I'll try to find out, though.

boogblaster
02-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Logs-up-ur-anus=who cares fudge-packer ...

Deberg_1990
02-19-2007, 09:19 AM
IM offended!

NaptownChief
02-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Greg Lou-gay-ness.....The funniest thing about him is that fact that a lot of people were surprised when he officially came out of the closet as if him hugging his teddy bear during the Olympics didn't give it away.

C-Mac
02-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Interesting how heterosexual people are referred to as being straight but homosexuals are never referred to as crooked.

Mile High Mania
02-19-2007, 09:57 AM
I hate swimmers.

Fire Me Boy!
02-19-2007, 10:07 AM
That is EXACTLY what I was going to say.

Fire Me Boy!
02-19-2007, 10:08 AM
I hate swimmers.
:hmmm: I'd have thought being a Donkey fan you'd have an affinity to swimmers.

Simply Red
02-19-2007, 10:09 AM
I hate swimmers.

weird.

I happen to hate swimmers also...

dj56dt58
02-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Interesting how heterosexual people are referred to as being straight but homosexuals are never referred to as crooked.
I dont get it... :hmmm:

Thig Lyfe
02-19-2007, 10:58 AM

Angles are offensive.

boogblaster
02-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Assgles or more offensive..

C-Mac
02-19-2007, 01:18 PM

I dont either...whats the opposite of straight?