PDA

View Full Version : Cory Redding, DT-DE, Lions

Chiefs=Champions
02-20-2007, 12:46 AM
I think that cory would be a good fit for the chiefs, i dont know much about him but he seems like he could be a good cover 2 dt. also he can play both tackle and end so he could even be used in jarred's spot for the first few weeks. anyways what do you all think?

Jamie
02-20-2007, 04:52 AM
He got 8 sacks as a DT, so probably out of their price range. The Chiefs are under the cap, but two-thirds of the league is practically swimming in gold coins (like Scrooge McDuck). You hope GMs have learned their lesson by now, but it's the sort of market in which guys are going to get over-paid.

Pushead2
02-20-2007, 06:32 AM
Wouldn't mind him, after Ryan Sims, I wouldn't mind alot of people.

jspchief
02-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Did he fill in for Shaun Rogers? Or play next to him?

If he got those numbers playing next to All Pro Rogers, then I'll pass. It would be like getting Ryan Sims without Julius Peppers.

Chiefnj
02-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Did he fill in for Shaun Rogers? Or play next to him?

If he got those numbers playing next to All Pro Rogers, then I'll pass. It would be like getting Ryan Sims without Julius Peppers.

I don't know if it's true, but I read somewhere that most of his sacks came after Rogers was out for the year.

Skyy God
02-20-2007, 12:17 PM
I don't know if it's true, but I read somewhere that most of his sacks came after Rogers was out for the year.

Guilty as charged. Only 1 of his 8 sacks came b/f Rogers went down with a knee injury.

As to Jsp's question, he was starting alongside Rogers.

StcChief
02-20-2007, 12:23 PM
yeah. Still better than Sims.... DT/DE bring him in for look see.

Ebolapox
02-20-2007, 03:03 PM
eh, seems like a bit of a one year wonder to me

Hammock Parties
02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
I think he's at least as good as James Reed, with more passrush abilities.

Mr. Laz
02-20-2007, 04:00 PM
forget free agents this year ... time to actually build a team.

suds79
02-20-2007, 05:39 PM

Could not agree more.

Build through the draft.

ChiefsCountry
02-20-2007, 06:38 PM
I thought he resigned with the Lions already.

Chief Roundup
02-20-2007, 06:41 PM
I believe Cory Redding was tagged as a DT because it was cheaper than the tag for DE.

the Talking Can
02-20-2007, 06:41 PM

ditto

JohnnyV13
02-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Could not agree more.

Build through the draft.

Cory Redding is 26, AND the Chiefs are not likely in a good position to draft a DT.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind signing redding. He has mostly played DE in his career and has been in and out of the lineup. He was moved to DT permenantly after Rogers went down last season. He's 290, and seems to have found himself as an under tackle this last season. Defininately a guy to help the Chiefs, because this team desperately needs an inside pass rush. Redding could make Allen and Hali look much better even if his sack numbers were very pedestrian.

JohnnyV13
02-21-2007, 12:14 AM
P.S.

K.C. cap number isn't as bad as the ranking looks. If Will Shields retires that will free up considerable money and the Chiefs have a number of high salary guys that could be cut quite painlessly.

For example, William Bartee made 1.4 million last season and the guy is practically useless after what Page and Pollard showed last season.

Chris Bober also made over a million AND Eric Hicks made 4 million. Finally, Trent Green's base salary is 7.2 million with a cap number over 9. No way will this team keep Green unless that cap number comes down.

ILChief
02-21-2007, 06:08 AM
why is this in Draft Planet? are football threads not allowed on the main page any more?

htismaqe
02-21-2007, 10:40 AM
why is this in Draft Planet? are football threads not allowed on the main page any more?

I'm not sure why THIS thread is in DraftPlanet, since it's about free agency. For whatever reason, the thread starter chose to start it here instead of the main forum.

Draft discussions can be started on the main forum, but will eventually be moved here.

Mr. Laz
02-21-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure why THIS thread is in DraftPlanet, since it's about free agency. For whatever reason, the thread starter chose to start it here instead of the main forum.

Draft discussions can be started on the main forum, but will eventually be moved here.
in fact, encouraging draft threads to be started in the main forum would probably increase the traffic over here by leading people in.

or course that would increase the workload of the mods to move them over ....... up to you.

htismaqe
02-21-2007, 03:07 PM
in fact, encouraging draft threads to be started in the main forum would probably increase the traffic over here by leading people in.

or course that would increase the workload of the mods to move them over ....... up to you.

I thought that at first too.

In reality, draft threads very quickly get buried in the main forum. The actual percentage of members that want to talk football right now is pretty small...

SBK
02-21-2007, 04:14 PM
I thought that at first too.

In reality, draft threads very quickly get buried in the main forum. The actual percentage of members that want to talk football right now is pretty small...

Am I the only guy that finds this hilarious? :)

Tribal Warfare
02-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Am I the only guy that finds this hilarious? :)

nope n00b :D

milkman
02-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Cory Redding is 26, AND the Chiefs are not likely in a good position to draft a DT.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind signing redding. He has mostly played DE in his career and has been in and out of the lineup. He was moved to DT permenantly after Rogers went down last season. He's 290, and seems to have found himself as an under tackle this last season. Defininately a guy to help the Chiefs, because this team desperately needs an inside pass rush. Redding could make Allen and Hali look much better even if his sack numbers were very pedestrian.

I think the thinking is, rather than throwing big money at free agents, even young ones, let's build this team the way that pevious SB winners have.

Through the draft.

The Colts, Steelers and Patriots all eschewed spending money in the free agent market, except to tweak their roster with low to mid tier roll players.

NJ Chief Fan
02-22-2007, 08:56 AM
The Lions put the franchise tag on him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2774631