PDA

View Full Version : Dominic Rhodes - Another Drunk Moron

Brock
02-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Dominic Rhodes arrested for DUI
Posted: Tuesday February 20, 2007 7:41AM; Updated: Tuesday February 20, 2007 9:01AM

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indiana State police arrested Colts running back Dominic Rhodes for drunken driving Tuesday morning, police said.

Dominic Rhodes, who ran for 113 yards and a touchdown in the Super Bowl last month, was arrested for drunk driving early Tuesday morning.

Rhodes, 28, was pulled over about 3 a.m. driving 81 mph in a 55-mph zone on Interstate 65 on Indianapolis' far northwest side, near the Colts' offices and training complex, said Indiana State Police spokesman Sgt. Dave Bursten.

"It was a normal, run-of-the-mill drunk driving arrest," Bursten said.

Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said the team did not have any immediate comment on the arrest.

Rhodes rushed for more than 100 yards in the Super Bowl win over Chicago. He is a free agent.

Indianapolis television station WTHR reported that Rhodes was at the Marion County arrestee processing center Tuesday morning.

Rhodes has been in trouble with the law before. Following a 2002 domestic disturbance at his home, Rhodes pleaded innocent in Marion Superior Court to misdemeanor charges of battery and domestic battery. Latrina Moore, who lived with Rhodes at the time and was the father of a child with her, had claimed Rhodes hit her and shoved her to the floor after she confronted him about other women calling their home, prosecutors said at the time.

Under an agreement with prosecutors in that case, Rhodes admitted the domestic battery charge.

The Associated Press left messages Tuesday seeking comment from Rhodes' attorney in that case, Jim Voyles, and with Rhodes' agent Michael McCartney.

Rhodes delivered an MVP-like performance in the Super Bowl, rushing for his only 100-yard game of the season. He started all 16 regular-season games in 2006, rushing for 641 yards and 5 touchdowns.

But Rhodes proved invaluable in the playoffs, grinding out first downs on the ground that closed out games at Baltimore and in the AFC Championship game against New England.

Rhodes waited to become the Colts featured back for years before the departure of Edgerrin James gave him the chance last season.

The six-year veteran will become an unrestricted free agent and has rushed for 2,274 yards in his career.

Redrum_69
02-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Its the mainstream thing to do...win a Superbowl..display mature living in public..with excessive speeding and being drunk as a bonus.

kepp
02-20-2007, 09:55 AM
He is a free agent.
He timed it perfectly too.

King_Chief_Fan
02-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Let he who supports a team without a convicted drunk driver arrest, throw the first stone.

Brock
02-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Let he who supports a team without a convicted drunk driver arrest, throw the first stone.

Yeah, like that's got anything to do with anything.

Simply Red
02-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Dumbass

Pushead2
02-20-2007, 10:21 AM
I am sure the Bengals have a spot for him somewhere.....

FDS
02-20-2007, 11:51 AM
They need to do a survey. At least 1/4 of all NFL players have got a DUI or two.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

RealSNR
02-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Let he who supports a team without a convicted drunk driver arrest, throw the first stone.So because we root for a team that has a drunk driver on the roster, that means that any NFL player who is caught for drunk driving is not a dumbass... because we wouldn't want to be hypocrites, now, would we?

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
so the real question is; Are pro athletes drinking more and acting like they can get a away with more?

Or

Are police officers not giving a crap about the athletes status, and because so many cameras are around don't want to chance asking for an autograph and giving them a ride home?

ct
02-20-2007, 01:22 PM
They should throw him a parade in DisneyWorld or somethin.

Ebolapox
02-20-2007, 03:30 PM

yeah, cause NONE of us has lambasted jared allen for his drunken driving, eh?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158334&highlight=drunk

I'm a chiefs fan... that much is obvious

but I'm also a fan of personal responsibility and getting punished AND OWNING UP TO SAID PUNISHMENT should you f*ck up

and, by definition, if you drive while intoxicated, you done f*cked up

five days total is a joke--if it was you or me who got caught not once but TWICE driving drunk, there's the potential for a WHOLE lot more punishment

once again an athlete or someone in a position of privilege skates with a slap on the wrist while 'nobodies' like you or me would get slapped like a little bitch

hell, didn't leonard little get away with actually killing a woman while drunk (vehicular homicide, IIRC--or maybe it was manslaughter), and only get suspended four games?? I don't recall

the point is, as much as I want jared allen to do well as a chief, I'd rather he actually PAID FOR HIS CRIME like the rest of us would--show an example to kids who want to grow up to be football players that they're accountable for their actions whether they grow up to be football players or janitors

granted, my post was a bit more 'crime and punishment' than 'drunk driving stinks,' but you get the point

King_Chief_Fan
02-20-2007, 03:59 PM
So because we root for a team that has a drunk driver on the roster, that means that any NFL player who is caught for drunk driving is not a dumbass... because we wouldn't want to be hypocrites, now, would we?

what are you saying? If you are saying that Allen isn't a dumbass and Rhodes is, that would be hypocritical. But I don't think you are saying that. I think we all are saying they are all dumb asses for doing such a thing.

Maybe my post should be those who have never driven drunk can cast the first stone. Just because a person hasn't been caught doesn't clear them of being a dumb ass along with those that have.

RealSNR
02-20-2007, 04:21 PM
what are you saying? If you are saying that Allen isn't a dumbass and Rhodes is, that would be hypocritical. But I don't think you are saying that. I think we all are saying they are all dumb asses for doing such a thing.

Maybe my post should be those who have never driven drunk can cast the first stone. Just because a person hasn't been caught doesn't clear them of being a dumb ass along with those that have.Ah, okay. I think the purpose of this thread was just calling Rhodes a dumbass for drunk driving. But yeah, so is Allen.

greg63
02-20-2007, 04:49 PM
LMAO

I love this thread.