PDA

View Full Version : Jim Armstrong Should Be Hung Over Arrowhead by his C*ck!

CosmicPal
02-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Should you want to contact him, here's his phone number: 303-954-1269 or you may email him at jmarmstrong@denverpost.com

All you need to read, is what's in bold.

jim armstrong - opening shots
They can call it New Faces League
By Jim Armstrong
Denver Post Staff Columnist
Denver Post
Article Last Updated:02/20/2007 12:12:58 AM MST

A rolling stone gathers no notes. ...

Coaching retreads have become yesterday's news in today's NFL.

In case you haven't noticed, the next generation of NFL head coaches has arrived.

Of the 17 head coaching openings filled since the end of the 2005 season, 12 have gone to candidates with no head coaching experience in the Not For Long. Twenty-one of the 32 NFL head coaches never had been NFL head coaches before getting their current jobs.

Now if only the league could do something about its track record for giving minority candidates a chance. Of those 12 rookie head coaches, one - Pittsburgh's Mike Tomlin - is a minority.

Wait, it gets worse. Bears D coordinator Ron Rivera has become the poster boy for minorities coming oh-so-close to getting a head coaching gig. Rivera interviewed for the San Diego opening, his eighth head coaching interview in the past two years. ...

What positions will the Broncos emphasize during the NFL's free-agent signing period? The D line and the secondary. You don't hire a bunch of new defensive coaches and then not give them some new material to work with. ...

Another round of Pro Football Hall of Fame voting has passed without Gary Zimmerman getting a call, or the voters having a clue. Guess he will have to settle for two all-decade team honors. ...

Getting a push for the Hall from a former teammate is one thing, but when John Elway says: "I had never seen anything like" the way Zimmerman played left tackle, maybe the voters ought to take note. ...

Add Zimmerman: If Derrick Thomas gets in the Hall before Zim, they ought to tear down the joint and build a Holiday Inn. Thomas didn't get close enough to Elway to make out his jersey number when Zimmerman was on the field. ...

So, it's official. Michael Irvin has been dumped by ESPN. Reached Sunday at his home in Terrell Owens' hip pocket, Irvin said he didn't have any hard feelings. ...

Have you spotted John Daly thundering down the fairway lately? It's none of our business what he weighs. And apparently, it's none of his business, either. ...

This just in: Butlers and valets have reported to the Yankees' spring training camp. ...

So, what do you figure Anna Benson's husband, Kris, is going to do to pass the time now that he's out for the season with shoulder problems? ...

And we thought Joe Namath got around: According to the Boston Herald, Tom Brady's ex, actress Bridget Moynihan, is three months' pregnant. Brady wasn't available for comment because he's doing Europe with his current, Victoria's Secret model Gisele Bundchen. ...

What, you thought the NBA All-Star Game was the only precedent-setting development in Las Vegas on Sunday? Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman was spotted in the men's room without those two showgirls glued to his arms. ...

Allen Iverson decided to skip the NBA All-Star Game because of a sprained ankle. And he would have been the best defender on the court. ...

Random thought while watching Sunday's pointsfest: Melo sure got himself worked up over a glorified exhibition game. ...

Meanwhile, in the Twin Cities, they're painting Pistons coach Flip Saunders, a former U of Minnesota player and assistant, as a serious candidate to get the Gophers' head coaching gig. ...

Are we talkin' hoops or football here? Arizona State students swarmed the court Sunday after the Sun Devils beat Southern Cal. ...

Nene on the prospect of he and Marcus Camby being healthy and lining up in the same frontcourt: "My first and second year, we started together and did a good job. I can't predict the future, man, but if we stay like that, good things are going to come." ...

And finally, happy 44th birthday to Charles Barkley, the only man ever misquoted in his autobiography.

Jim Armstrong can be reached at 303-954-1269 or jmarmstrong@denverpost.com. :BS: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Taco John
02-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Zimmerman was awesome. I mist that guy.

DJJasonp
02-20-2007, 10:47 AM
wow.

Someone is going to have to check out the stats.

CosmicPal
02-20-2007, 10:49 AM
wow.

Someone is going to have to check out the stats.

Yep....

If I recall, there was a game at Arrowhead where Derrick Thomas called a sack to the crowd, and then did just that. Elway had no chance.

I think he did the same thing to Steve Young too???

chop
02-20-2007, 10:52 AM
And finally, happy 44th birthday to Charles Barkley, the only man ever misquoted in his autobiography.

I thought it was Terrell Owens who was misquoted in his autobiography.

I only read the DT part and the above quote.

BTW, I don't think you need to understand the sport you are writing about any more. I think you just need to be controversial.

chagrin
02-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Zim was a great OL, and I don't know who should go first between the two to be honest - but DT was all over Elway most of his career, so I don't get that; Anyone find those stats?

Mecca
02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
He's a Denver columnist it's easy to take a pot shot at a Chiefs player to prop up a Bronco.

Bowser
02-20-2007, 10:58 AM
That's a pretty scattershot column. Kind of reads like Armstrong was on a crack bender when he wrote it.

Brock
02-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Hell, I can remember a game where Thomas beat Zimmerman twice for a sack. This guy is full of shit.

DJJasonp
02-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Zim was a great OL, and I don't know who should go first between the two to be honest - but DT was all over Elway most of his career, so I don't get that; Anyone find those stats?

I dont have access right now....but if I remember correctly, DT sacked Elway more than any other QB in his career.

CosmicPal
02-20-2007, 10:59 AM
He's a Denver columnist it's easy to take a pot shot at a Chiefs player to prop up a Bronco.

Well, while he's penning his next article, I'm going to go paint his car red and stamp the #58 on the sides of his doors. We'll see how he feels about that. :D

CosmicPal
02-20-2007, 11:01 AM
http://tidefans.com/bamanation/thirdandlong/Derrick_Thomas=Shot_4.jpg

Fish
02-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Maybe he should take a look at what Elway himself said about DT....

“Derrick was a player that could dominate a game. His explosive talents were so great that he could dictate to an offense pass and run blocking schemes as well as the plays that were called. He was such an impact player that you always had to know where he was on the field. His career statistics more than speak to his exceptional career not only as a pass rusher but also as an overall defensive player.”

What and idiot....

Bowser
02-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Hell, I can remember a game where Thomas beat Zimmerman twice for a sack. This guy is full of shit.

I doubt Elway would be pimping Derrick for the Hall if Zimm shut him down every time they went against each other.

CosmicPal
02-20-2007, 11:03 AM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/images/football/nfl/legends/thomas25.jpg

Bowser
02-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Maybe he should take a look at what Elway himself said about DT....

What and idiot....

Beat me to it.

chop
02-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Here's something I got off of the web. It says that DT has 17 more sacks against Elway than anyone else.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/misc/thomas_hall_of_fame_packet.pdf

Mecca
02-20-2007, 11:06 AM
It's also a good way to keep beating that train of "the Broncos get screwed on the HOF' they think the HOF hates them or something because they have 1 guy in there.......I'm sure it's the Hall's fault you guys don't have a great history.

Bowser
02-20-2007, 11:08 AM
It's also a good way to keep beating that train of "the Broncos get screwed on the HOF' they think the HOF hates them or something because they have 1 guy in there.......I'm sure it's the Hall's fault you guys don't have a great history.

Enter Bronco fan lamenting about Randy Gradishar in 3...2...1...

Mecca
02-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Enter Bronco fan lamenting about Randy Gradishar in 3...2...1...

Who?

Dartgod
02-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Thomas didn't get close enough to Elway to make out his jersey number when Zimmerman was on the field.
It seems like Zimmerman is getting a good look at DT's jersey number in that photo.

chagrin
02-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I just emailed him, thanks

Bowser
02-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Who?

Yup.

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm not saying that DT didn't beat Zim in order to sack Elway, but are you sure that pic is Zim? And, if so... did he beat Zim to get to Elway? Just asking...

And, you shouldn't let some hack writer drive you nuts.

jlscorpio
02-20-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm presently deployed to the Mid-East. A couple weeks ago some Ex-NFL players came by for a USO-type visit. I had dinner with Lyle Blackwood, member of the Dolphins pre-Marino "Killer B's" defense back in the early 80's. Gradishar was there, too. I just couldn't bring myself to sit with him, even though he was the most accomplished player of the bunch. Hatred of all things orange and blue dies hard, I 'spose.

jidar
02-20-2007, 11:25 AM

hahah Thomas beating Zimmerman for the sack on Elway.. nice. :)

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm presently deployed to the Mid-East. A couple weeks ago some Ex-NFL players came by for a USO-type visit. I had dinner with Lyle Blackwood, member of the Dolphins pre-Marino "Killer B's" defense back in the early 80's. Gradishar was there, too. I just couldn't bring myself to sit with him, even though he was the most accomplished player of the bunch. Hatred of all things orange and blue dies hard, I 'spose.

It's just a game, Focker. These guys go all the way over there for goodwill and to meet with the troops out of appreciation, yet you can't get over the fact that he is a former Bronco. That's just odd to me when you put it all into perspective.

noa
02-20-2007, 11:27 AM
I emailed the guy. Maybe Zim did do a good job against DT, but that doesn't mean he should just disrespect DT's legacy like that.

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 11:29 AM
I emailed the guy. Maybe Zim did do a good job against DT, but that doesn't mean he should just disrespect DT's legacy like that.

I'm sure he'll take it under advisement.

noa
02-20-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm sure he'll take it under advisement.

He already wrote me a personal apology and is sending flowers.

CosmicPal
02-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I just emailed him, thanks

You did?

Just curious, what did you say?

Speaking of which, it ought to make his day if someone were to email him this thread...

CosmicPal
02-20-2007, 11:35 AM
He already wrote me a personal apology and is sending flowers.

Better that, than rocky mountain oysters.

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 11:36 AM
You did?

Just curious, what did you say?

Speaking of which, it ought to make his day if someone were to email him this thread...

Why don't you just call him and give him the link... tough guy. :p It's a local call, right?

CosmicPal
02-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Why don't you just call him and give him the link... tough guy. :p It's a local call, right?

Wouldn't want to waste my minutes on him. Besides, I'm too busy buying red paint to coat his vehicle to a nice Arrowhead shine. :D

CosmicPal
02-20-2007, 11:40 AM

OK...I'll call him. Give me a minute and maybe I can catch him before lunch. I'll transcribe the conversation in a moment.

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 11:41 AM
My guess is that you go straight to voice mail.

Halfcan
02-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I sent that dumbf#ck a nice little email-lol

Halfcan
02-20-2007, 11:45 AM
It started with eat shit DT hater-lol

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Heh - you guys will probably give him plenty of fodder for a quick follow up letter.

vailpass
02-20-2007, 11:46 AM
So it's true, women that are together every day do get their periods at the same time.

Halfcan
02-20-2007, 11:48 AM
I guess the point is-DT is the best player most of us ever saw at Arrowhead and feel it is a classless thing to read, even if it is from some hack writer in Dungver.

CosmicPal
02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Conversation:

Ring….ring…ring…phone picks up,
“Jim Armstrong here.”
“Yea, Mr. Armstrong, I just wanted to say I read your article this morning. You know, the one entitled, New Faces League or something like that.”

I hear nothing but a sigh in the background.

I continue, “Well, anyways I’m calling from the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association, and we just wanted to say what a dumb mudder*****er you are for...”

Click.

“Hello?”

“Hello?”

“Damn pussy sportswriter.”

boogblaster
02-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Jack jacks-his-tofu

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Honestly, did he really answer? I figured those published #'s went right to voice mail.

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:12 PM
What happened to the good old days where journalists did their homework and didn’t just throw a bunch of words together they think people want to hear.

I’m not saying Zim was not a good O-Lineman, but I am saying you are dead wrong with what you wrote about Derrick Thomas. I certainly hope you are not one of the lame media pricks on the selection board.

“Derrick was a player that could dominate a game. His explosive talents were so great that he could dictate to an offense pass and run blocking schemes as well as the plays that were called. He was such an impact player that you always had to know where he was on the field. His career statistics more than speak to his exceptional career not only as a pass rusher but also as an overall defensive player.”
- John Elway.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/misc/thomas_hall_of_fame_packet.pdf (http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/misc/thomas_hall_of_fame_packet.pdf)
17 more sacks against Elway than any other QB

Nice picture of Zim looking at DT while he sacked Elway:
http://tidefans.com/bamanation/thirdandlong/Derrick_Thomas=Shot_4.jpg (http://tidefans.com/bamanation/thirdandlong/Derrick_Thomas=Shot_4.jpg)

Here some information from a chiefs board, we were a little upset with you assessment.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158579 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158579)

My email.

don't care if he respondes or not, don't care if it adds fuel to his next article, just wanted to call him a dipshit and send this BB thread.

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 12:18 PM
What year was that photo taken... did anyone actually confirm that the 65 in the pic is Zimmerman? And, while I understand why a KC fan would not like to read the comment... what was classless about it? Was it weird thing to say about a guy that will be in the HOF one day? Sure, but classless... I dunno.

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:25 PM
http://www.jacobin1.com/BroncosAllTimeGaryZimmerman.jpg

BroncosAllTimeGaryZimmerman.jpg

confirmed?

he was a bronco from 1993-1997

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 12:28 PM
http://www.jacobin1.com/BroncosAllTimeGaryZimmerman.jpg

BroncosAllTimeGaryZimmerman.jpg

confirmed?

he was a bronco from 1993-1997
Uhhh, yeah... I was asking about the pic in the thread with DT sacking Elway while a guy wearing 65 stood and watched. I didn't see a 'date' on the photo and I don't have a list of all time Olinemen to wear #65 in Denver.

***Quick Edit***
Ok, while there wasn't a date... the photo had to be 1997 b/c of the uniform change. So, yeah, as long as he actually beat Zim and didn't come from the other side... the point is valid.

Carry on.

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Thomas sacked Hall of Fame QB John Elway 17.0 times, morethan any other player. Appropriately, Thomas got his 100th careersack off Elway in a thrilling 24-22 win vs. Denver at Arrowhead(11/16/97).

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Why do you make things so difficult. number 100, who is standing by DT?“To document it in the record books that the100th came on Elway makes it more specialbecause John is one of the best to ever play thegame.”– Thomas on his 100th NFL sack vs. Denver(11/16/97)

Halfcan
02-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Elgay was DT's bitch every time we played you guys- and some dumbF#ck writer trying to put a spin on history without checking his facts-won't change that fact.

vailpass
02-20-2007, 12:35 PM
The one-trick pony moniker hung on DT by his own presenter is much more of an obstacle to his getting into the HOF than anything a sportswriter mentions off the cuff.

Armstrong's comment on DT not ever getting to Elway is obviously laughable.

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Enh, I wouldn't say 'every' time... good times back then though.

vailpass
02-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Elgay was DT's bitch every time we played you guys- and some dumbF#ck writer trying to put a spin on history without checking his facts-won't change that fact.

Keep it up. You guys can be for Armstrong what Jacksonville was for Woody Paige.

Halfcan
02-20-2007, 12:41 PM

Wow didn't mean to sound like such a d#ck there-lol I guess you could say DT is a sore subject with me to say the least.

Blob Gretz is worthless.

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Armstrong's comment on DT not ever getting to Elway is obviously laughable.

I think this is what got under my skin. It didn't read as sarcastic, or I might have been able to laugh it off. It read like he really meant it and that is probably what the thread starter here is going off of too.

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Why do you make things so difficult. number 100, who is standing by DT?“To document it in the record books that the100th came on Elway makes it more specialbecause John is one of the best to ever play thegame.”– Thomas on his 100th NFL sack vs. Denver(11/16/97)

that first pic didn't turn out very well, I edited it. You can still barely read the numbers, but I'm pretty sure this pic is going over Zimmerman again.

chagrin
02-20-2007, 01:35 PM
that first pic didn't turn out very well, I edited it. You can still barely read the numbers, but I'm pretty sure this pic is going over Zimmerman again.

Anyone have the picture that was on the cover of the '98 Media Guide? I believe it was #100 from another angle, cool shit.

KC Kings
02-20-2007, 01:52 PM
It's just a game, Focker. These guys go all the way over there for goodwill and to meet with the troops out of appreciation, yet you can't get over the fact that he is a former Bronco. That's just odd to me when you put it all into perspective.
For a lot of people it is more than just a game. Watching a rugby tournament on ESPN2 is "just a game". I had the same type of experience when some older NFL guys came to Europe on a USO tour. They were shaking hands and signing autographs and when I got to Ben Davidson's table the thought of politely asking for his autograph and shaking his hand made me sick to my stomach, so I passed him by.

Ebolapox
02-20-2007, 02:42 PM

I agree that it's just a game... however, I too harbor a list of players who are PNG (persona non grata) to me--wouldn't pay attention to them if they were on fire two feet away

hell, players?? wait--there's one guy on the list-- john elway

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Well, I was just referring to the situation... where he was and why they were there... in certain scenarios, it's just a game to me.

vailpass
02-20-2007, 03:59 PM
I agree that it's just a game... however, I too harbor a list of players who are PNG (persona non grata) to me--wouldn't pay attention to them if they were on fire two feet away

hell, players?? wait--there's one guy on the list-- john elway

Always remeber that you may quit on the Elway but the Elway will never quit on you.

As it is written in the Playbook:
"He will be there waiting when you are ready to join His huddle, and will welcome you with a bullet pass of love that will break your index finger in a holy way."
(First Tiger Formation, z scramble 32 red dog, vs. 2-6)

Read your Playbook H5N1, and let the Elway center sneak into your heart.

Ebolapox
02-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Always remeber that you may quit on the Elway but the Elway will never quit on you.

As it is written in the Playbook:
"He will be there waiting when you are ready to join His huddle, and will welcome you with a bullet pass of love that will break your index finger in a holy way."
(First Tiger Formation, z scramble 32 red dog, vs. 2-6)

Read your Playbook H5N1, and let the Elway center sneak into your heart.

heh, that's funny in a neg rep sorta way :)

Bob Dole
02-20-2007, 07:02 PM

Is pointing out the number of illegal forward passes completed by #7 allowed?

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Is pointing out the number of illegal forward passes completed by #7 allowed?

What? Phhhtt... never happened.

HerculesRockefell
02-20-2007, 10:32 PM
That's a pretty scattershot column. Kind of reads like Armstrong was on a crack bender when he wrote it.

Is that the first Armstrong column you've seen? All his columns are like that.

02-20-2007, 10:39 PM
I doubt Elway would be pimping Derrick for the Hall if Zimm shut him down every time they went against each other.
Maybe if Elway would do DT's HoF presentation, DT would be in already.

Rain Man
02-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Jim Armstrong has this thing about saying that certain people look alike. At one point, he actually got a little space in the paper to put in pictures of people that he thought looked alike, and most of the time there was only the most passing and scant of resemblances. It was kind of entertaining to see how long he could keep doing it without setting off a racial firestorm.

He would have stuff like this in his "Separated at Birth" entry:

Warren Sapp and Dwight Freeney

http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/4214.jpg http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/313800.jpg

or

Warren Sapp and Julius Peppers

http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/4214.jpg http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/302214.jpg

manchambo
02-21-2007, 12:03 AM
I guess the point is-DT is the best player most of us ever saw at Arrowhead and feel it is a classless thing to read, even if it is from some hack writer in Dungver.

Elway, Shannon Sharpe, Terrell Davis and Steve Atwater all played many times at Arrowhead. Weren't you watching?

And all the guy really said is that Zimmerman was better than Thomas, and belongs in the hall first. I guess I can see how you disagree with that, but that doesn't really make it "classless."

crazycoffey
02-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Elway, Shannon Sharpe, Terrell Davis and Steve Atwater all played many times at Arrowhead. Weren't you watching?

And all the guy really said is that Zimmerman was better than Thomas, and belongs in the hall first. I guess I can see how you disagree with that, but that doesn't really make it "classless."

Isn't that the great thing about opinions, I could call this classless and you can say it is not, and we could both be correct.

SoCalBronco
02-21-2007, 12:07 AM
They both should be in the Hall.

manchambo
02-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Isn't that the great thing about opinions, I could call this classless and you can say it is not, and we could both be correct.

No, I'm pretty sure that you will continue to be incorrect.

crazycoffey
02-21-2007, 12:19 AM
No, I'm pretty sure that you will continue to be incorrect.

well you're probably right, most of the time.....:p

jlscorpio
02-21-2007, 12:57 AM
the thing about the USO visits is this: most of us over here, don't give 2 shits about who comes over unless its hot women. 95% of everyone here that day had no idea who any of them were. Blackwood was sitting across from my seat when I sat down. If my buddy hadn't told me who he was, I would've thought he was a gov't contractor. As far as Gradishar goes, I respect his accomplishments on the field, but being an all-time great Donk is kinda like picking the prettiest turd in the toilet after taking a good Romanowski

Rain Man
02-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Thomas sacked Hall of Fame QB John Elway 17.0 times, morethan any other player. Appropriately, Thomas got his 100th careersack off Elway in a thrilling 24-22 win vs. Denver at Arrowhead(11/16/97).

I don't mean to criticize, but this really should be in a much larger font. Something like this, perhaps.

Thomas sacked Hall of Fame QB John Elway 17.0 times, more than any other player. Appropriately, Thomas got his 100th career sack off Elway in a thrilling 24-22 win vs. Denver at Arrowhead(11/16/97).

Halfcan
02-21-2007, 01:10 AM
I don't mean to criticize, but this really should be in a much larger font. Something like this, perhaps.

Thomas sacked Hall of Fame QB John Elway 17.0 times, more than any other player. Appropriately, Thomas got his 100th career sack off Elway in a thrilling 24-22 win vs. Denver at Arrowhead(11/16/97).

I was at this game. I saw a couple of Donk fans with tears in their eyes-it was a bitter loss for them-PRICELESS!!

SPchief
02-21-2007, 01:14 AM
[QUOTE=Rain Man]I don't mean to criticize, but this really should be in a much larger font. Something like this, perhaps.

Thomas sacked Hall of Fame QB John Elway 17.0 times, more than any other player. Appropriately, Thomas got his 100th career sack off Elway in a thrilling 24-22 win vs. Denver at Arrowhead(11/16/97).QUOTE]

Just to re-emphasize the point

Mile High Mania
02-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Ok, so ... we're sure that was DT's 100th sack I'm guessing.

chagrin
02-21-2007, 07:58 AM

No, what he said was "Add Zimmerman: If Derrick Thomas gets in the Hall before Zim, they ought to tear down the joint and build a Holiday Inn. Thomas didn't get close enough to Elway to make out his jersey number when Zimmerman was on the field..."

Maybe not classless but certainly uninformed and stupidly written.

vailpass
02-21-2007, 09:00 AM
heh, that's funny in a neg rep sorta way :)

LMAO Today is a special day wherein we burn footballs and, using the ashes, make the mark of Elway on our faces to show our devotion.
The horizontal mark represents touchdowns thrown while the vertical mark represents the crushed spirits broken hearts of fans who opposed the Elway.

May the Elway be with you H5N1.

HerculesRockefell
02-21-2007, 09:26 AM
I was at this game. I saw a couple of Donk fans with tears in their eyes-it was a bitter loss for them-PRICELESS!!

I wonder if coming back to Arrowhead that January and winning in the playoffs was enough to cheer them up?

Bowser
02-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I wonder if coming back to Arrowhead that January and winning in the playoffs was enough to cheer them up?

Too bad that winning that game had a price of Elways' and Shanahan's souls to the devil.

Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

jlscorpio
02-21-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm sure that case of crisco was a lot cheaper than their souls...

HonestChieffan
02-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Thypical Donk Blowhard...facts mean so little to the average Bronco Fan and this is just more so called journalism....all crap.

More reason to ignore bronco fan if they but into this garbage.

HerculesRockefell
02-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Thypical Donk Blowhard...facts mean so little to the average Bronco Fan and this is just more so called journalism....all crap.

More reason to ignore bronco fan if they but into this garbage.

Here's a fact for you: Zim is one of about 10 position players in NFL history to make 2 All-Decade Teams. Only he and currently ineligible Jerry Rice are the only two not in the HOF. Both should be in the Hall, but with those 2 All-Decade team, Zim has a stronger resume than Thomas, despite what you want to believe.

chagrin
02-21-2007, 02:12 PM
you know what I mean.

yes, yes I do:

"May I help you Dr...?"
"Oh, it's me, Dr. Rosenpenis. I'm just here to check out Alan Stanwyk's file."
"Dr. who?"
"Dr. Rosenrosen, I'm here to get to the records room."
"What was that name again?"
"It's Dr. Rosen, I want to check the records room."

love the av dude :)

Ebolapox
02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Here's a fact for you: Zim is one of about 10 position players in NFL history to make 2 All-Decade Teams. Only he and currently ineligible Jerry Rice are the only two not in the HOF. Both should be in the Hall, but with those 2 All-Decade team, Zim has a stronger resume than Thomas, despite what you want to believe.

stronger resume? HAH

making two all decade teams is ALL about when one came into the league... if a player is drafted and plays from one of the middle three years of the decade (84-86) and is one of the better tackles, they'll make the all decade team (that factoid is according to john clayton on espn radio circa a month ago and hall of fame voting time--speaking SPECIFICALLY about gary zimmerman)--if my memory serves, there's FOUR tackles on each all decade team... I'd call it elite and an 'accomplishment' if he was one of ONLY TWO tackles on the all decade team

now answer me this... which has more impact and a stronger resume-- a seven time pro bowler (in a 12 year career) at left tackle, or a 9 time pro bowler (in an eleven year career) who dominated his position, made gameplanning a nightmare for opposing offensive coordinators, and revolutionized the forced fumble for outside passrushers??

they're both valuable--but as far as resume's, I'd have NO doubt in my mind that, if DT was drafted and played in 86, he'd have been on two all decade teams-- so it's purely asinine to say that zimmerman has a stronger resume on all-decade teams ALONE, when he has less pro bowls and made less of an impact on the game as a whole

Halfcan
02-21-2007, 04:42 PM

So you want Zim in the Hall-but why compare him to DT-it was a stoopid comment and you look like an ass argueing over it.

DT was a Donk killer-he destroyed you guys and put the hurt on Elgay every time they play.

HerculesRockefell
02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
So you want Zim in the Hall-but why compare him to DT-it was a stoopid comment and you look like an ass argueing over it.

DT was a Donk killer-he destroyed you guys and put the hurt on Elgay every time they play.

Yeah, I'm an ass for pointing out Zim made 2 All-Decade teams. You guys freaking out over what a Denver columnist says about a KC player vs. a Denver player is pretty damn funny too. I'd expect the same comment in reverse to come out of KC, and I wouldn't give a rat's ass about it. It's amazing how much you guys get your panties in a wad over just about anything, anyone in Denver says about any Chief.

HerculesRockefell
02-21-2007, 06:42 PM
stronger resume? HAH

making two all decade teams is ALL about when one came into the league... if a player is drafted and plays from one of the middle three years of the decade (84-86) and is one of the better tackles, they'll make the all decade team (that factoid is according to john clayton on espn radio circa a month ago and hall of fame voting time--speaking SPECIFICALLY about gary zimmerman)--if my memory serves, there's FOUR tackles on each all decade team... I'd call it elite and an 'accomplishment' if he was one of ONLY TWO tackles on the all decade team

now answer me this... which has more impact and a stronger resume-- a seven time pro bowler (in a 12 year career) at left tackle, or a 9 time pro bowler (in an eleven year career) who dominated his position, made gameplanning a nightmare for opposing offensive coordinators, and revolutionized the forced fumble for outside passrushers??

they're both valuable--but as far as resume's, I'd have NO doubt in my mind that, if DT was drafted and played in 86, he'd have been on two all decade teams-- so it's purely asinine to say that zimmerman has a stronger resume on all-decade teams ALONE, when he has less pro bowls and made less of an impact on the game as a whole

So what you're saying is that DT isn't on 2 All-Decade Teams while Zimmerman is? He was also in the USFL in '84 and '85, doubt those seasons were used as part of All-Decade consideration since he wasn't in the NFL for those two years. Zim played in the NFL for less than half the decade and still made the team.

Spin it anyway you want about when he was drafted, only problem is that making 2 teams has happened about 10 times in the history of the league. But if something that's been done that few times in league history isn't elite enough for you, then there's no point in arguing it.

BigRock
02-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Why do Denver people have such a hard-on for Zimmerman to get in, anyway? He was with the Vikings longer than he was with the Broncos, and I don't see Vikes fans or writers getting half as worked up about it. Are they really that desperate for anyone with Denver ties to make it in?

Shields and Roaf cruising in before him ought to be funny.

Ebolapox
02-21-2007, 07:06 PM
So what you're saying is that DT isn't on 2 All-Decade Teams while Zimmerman is? He was also in the USFL in '84 and '85, doubt those seasons were used as part of All-Decade consideration since he wasn't in the NFL for those two years. Zim played in the NFL for less than half the decade and still made the team.

Spin it anyway you want about when he was drafted, only problem is that making 2 teams has happened about 10 times in the history of the league. But if something that's been done that few times in league history isn't elite enough for you, then there's no point in arguing it.

it is what it is: a statistical anomoly... a guy has to have played almost half the decade in the least (four years, he went to three pro bowls in that time period), played well that part of the decade, and that ALONE would put him in at least the top five tackles in the league for that decade

I could find a lot more statistical anomolies if you wanna swap stat for stat (in the end, stats and three dollars will get you a plain coffee at starbucks)

how bout' this one... of all the players in the hall of fame, derrick thomas has more pro bowl appearances than almost 75% of the players already in the hall of fame??

and zimmerman is more worthy than DT, even though he has LESS pro bowls

you can spin stats any way you want to--however, you're putting too much stock into a statistical anomoly when anyone with eyes (who watched zimmerman v. DT) saw DT bitch slap zimm around all the time

Halfcan
02-21-2007, 08:02 PM
DT didn't grease his jersey up before every game-end of story you cheatin ass Donk fans.