PDA

View Full Version : Planet's input needed on this years fundraiser

Nzoner
02-23-2007, 09:29 AM
I know this is early but a couple of ideas have come up that I wanted to get feedback on.

1.Look at moving the Saturday party to a different location just up the road from my place that will handle alot more people.The reasoning behind this is being able to get the public involved i.e. more money for the charity and also a percentage going to Kyle and the Planet.

The 2nd part of this idea would be to stop the public function towards mid-evening and then we(the planeteers)move the rest of the evening back to my place.

2.This idea came from another person and would include the Saturday party with everyone either staying overnight at Casa De Nzoner's or a local hotel and actually having a continuation of the weekend festivities in the gameroom during a Chiefs road game.I understand that we have a few planeteers who come a great distance and going to Arrowhead is a big part of their reason for doing so.

The Sunday party would of course include the Chiefs on the big screen plus 6 other games on the tv's and we would look at having an actual tailgate party here etc.

Anyhow,just looking for some feedback on these ideas all thoughts are welcome.

Thanks all.

go bo
02-23-2007, 10:25 AM
yep, sounds good to me...

ck_IN
02-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Does any of this involve pole dancing by Luv, Angel, Jenny Gump or any of the other female type Planet members?

Redrum_69
02-23-2007, 10:28 AM
I have the perfect place to meet everyone at...

PARTY COVE at lake of the ozarks

BYOP...BYOB...

Redrum_69
02-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Does any of this involve pole dancing by Luv, Angel, Jenny Gump or any of the other female type Planet members?

Lets leave Ultra Peanut out of this

Mr. Kotter
02-23-2007, 10:31 AM

2.This idea came from another person and would include the Saturday party with everyone either staying overnight at Casa De Nzoner's or a local hotel and actually having a continuation of the weekend festivities in the gameroom during a Chiefs road game. I understand that we have a few planeteers who come a great distance and going to Arrowhead is a big part of their reason for doing so....Bob Dole, no doubt??? :hmmm:

ROFL

I'm probably there, regardless though. Barring major conflicts.

ChiTown
02-23-2007, 10:34 AM
% going to Kyle and the Planet?

LMFAO, for what?

chagrin
02-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Having the first of the party elsehwere is probably what you'd need for the fundraising part of it, yes - my only concern is how much higher is the fee going to be, you'd certainly have to rent a hall or whatever, yes? Other than that, what other activities would there be other than having the band, will there be pool like at your place for example? Darts too? If so, how much extra will it mean for the partygoer, such as myself?

big nasty kcnut
02-23-2007, 10:43 AM
sound good to me.

Redrum_69
02-23-2007, 11:03 AM
We should have it at my estate...

followed by a Chiefsplanet fishing derby...$10-$40 to enter..pays three places. Catch and release. We'll have weighers and keep track of the weight. Time limit could be three hours.

just tossing out ideas

Nzoner
02-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Bob Dole, no doubt??? :hmmm:

ROFL

I'm probably there, regardless though. Barring major conflicts.

Heh,Dole missing last years game isn't the only reason,I had also talked to another who had mentioned it would be nice to do a late nighter without the worry of getting up at 5a.m.

Nzoner
02-23-2007, 11:13 AM
% going to Kyle and the Planet?

LMFAO, for what?

I was thinking we were still needing a server upgrade?

If not I'm sure the charity would be more than happy to receive all the funds.

Nzoner
02-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Having the first of the party elsehwere is probably what you'd need for the fundraising part of it, yes - my only concern is how much higher is the fee going to be, you'd certainly have to rent a hall or whatever, yes? Other than that, what other activities would there be other than having the band, will there be pool like at your place for example? Darts too? If so, how much extra will it mean for the partygoer, such as myself?

There would be no reason to make the tickets higher as the extra people would offset additional costs.

As for additional things to do,that's why I'm looking for feedback now,it's a little tough with my schedule to try and throw everything together 6 weeks out.

chagrin
02-23-2007, 11:18 AM
There would be no reason to make the tickets higher as the extra people would offset additional costs.

As for additional things to do,that's why I'm looking for feedback now,it's a little tough with my schedule to try and throw everything together 6 weeks out.

Okay, well I would think some games would be appropriate, can you rent out a bar for a private party for a few hours? Is that realistic?

Redrum_69
02-23-2007, 11:22 AM
How about having a Texas Holdem Night, with unlimited buy-ins.

Redrum_69
02-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Chiefsplanet night at the Outhouse!!

Lap Dances on the house!!

Nzoner
02-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Okay, well I would think some games would be appropriate, can you rent out a bar for a private party for a few hours? Is that realistic?

Again,I don't really know what all is possible until I start checking,I just wanted to get a feel for what everyone else thought as to whether I should check into moving the party or not.

As far as I'm concerned this is the Planet's party and all of you who attend and/or want to attend should have a voice.Having it at my place is fine and we did raise some decent funds for the charity last year it's just do we want to try and do more.

Redrum_69
02-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Have all the women dress up as their favorite Chiefs Cheerleader!!

Bowser
02-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Have all the women dress up as their favorite Chiefs Cheerleader!!

That rules out any hot chicks showing up.

How about a golf outing? It's been tossed around for a few years.....

Mr. Kotter
02-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Again,I don't really know what all is possible until I start checking,I just wanted to get a feel for what everyone else thought as to whether I should check into moving the party or not.

As far as I'm concerned this is the Planet's party and all of you who attend and/or want to attend should have a voice.Having it at my place is fine and we did raise some decent funds for the charity last year it's just do we want to try and do more.

As for the whole "more" angle, if history is any guide....we'll get about 40-60 people, with 100 or so others who will talk about coming or wanting to.....who can't/decide not too/or otherwise have conflicts that will prevent them from showing up. Maybe I'm wrong though.

That gathering at the brewery pub in Olathe a couple of years back was really good. Something along those lines would be great....live music is always good too--especially if the place is big enough to spread out, so pool-dart-game type things can be going on simultaneously on the "other" side of the joint.

Redrum_69
02-23-2007, 11:31 AM

Well, I can check with some friends of mine and see if they'll stop by. Are strippers ok for this party?

chagrin
02-23-2007, 11:34 AM

Okay sorry geesh, by asking I was suggesting, isn't that what you were looking for?

Mr. Kotter
02-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Well, I can check with some friends of mine and see if they'll stop by. Are strippers ok for this party?

Your mom and her friends would NOT be welcome. :shake:

:p

Bowser
02-23-2007, 11:37 AM

Probably not, which means they should be a prerequisite of any ChiefsPlanet party.

I'll even buy Luv a lapdance.

Redrum_69
02-23-2007, 11:40 AM
I'd still go just to watch the debauchery and see if theres anyone here that can handle my quarters game.

chagrin
02-23-2007, 11:43 AM
I just hope he has a bigger turn out this year, I would like to meet more planteers, well and I hope he makes lots of money for the charity as well!!

luv
02-23-2007, 01:14 PM
If you start the party elsewhere, don't let the police know. A few hours of drinking would be enough to get people DUI's while en route back to your place.

I like the idea of the road game, but that's just my opinion. I've gone to a game completely hungover and sleepless before, and it wasn't nearly as much fun. At least I would have a little more of Sunday to sober up before driving 3 1/2 hours home.

Are you raising money for the same charity as last year, or will you be choosing another. I'm personally inclined to give to the American Cancer Association, but again that's just personal preference. I'd be happy knowing my money was going to any good cause.

Bugeater
02-23-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm really open to about anything, although I do think having it elsewhere is going to complicate things such as what Luv mentioned about a bunch of us drunk fuggers driving back to your place. I don't think it's a bad idea to start talking about it now to get the idea into more people's heads and hopefully get a more people to show up this year.

Bowser mentioned golf, my first thought on that is (other than I don't play) you'd be banking on the weather being nice, which is a crapshoot.

Lzen
02-23-2007, 01:42 PM

Golf? That's for sissies. This is a football bb. How about a game of football? :)

Lzen
02-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Bug brings up a good point. I do like the idea of not having to get up early after partying late. I know some of you party animals can do that but I don't do that very well. However, the travel from a bar or whatever other venue to Casa Del Nzoner might cause some issues with DUI.

Redrum_69
02-23-2007, 02:27 PM
UNLESS...you rent a bus for the night and take said bus to whereever you deicde to go

HemiEd
02-23-2007, 04:17 PM
I just hope he has a bigger turn out this year, I would like to meet more planteers, well and I hope he makes lots of money for the charity as well!!

Don't forget, it is going to possibly be cold around KC that time of year. It is 24 here today.

HemiEd
02-23-2007, 04:49 PM
followed by a Chiefsplanet fishing derby Time limit could be three hours.

Three hours with your Mom and she still smells like fish.

PinkFloyd
02-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure what your fundraiser is, but I'd like to see a fundraiser sometime for the little girl who fell thru the ice and drowned here awhile back near my place... They are trying to raise money to start up a dive team in our area for such events...

Last I heard, they have near $6,000 raised, and that's just half of what they need...

I'm not saying this is what needs to be done, but thought maybe the planet might want to do this sometime later on in the year...

sedated
02-23-2007, 05:17 PM
I like the bus idea, safety first when it comes to transporting 100 drunks.

I also don't mind spending the whole time in NZoners. Plenty of activities, but might get a little tight if it's cold outside and there are 200 people.

But you don't have to worry about as many 'rules' and such (laws, whatever).

I also like the idea of not having to get up at the ass-crack of dawn (that's why just stay up the whole night anyway)

If getting up early is an issue, why not try to schedule around a 3pm or night game?

Nzoner
02-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Are you raising money for the same charity as last year, or will you be choosing another. I'm personally inclined to give to the American Cancer Association, but again that's just personal preference. I'd be happy knowing my money was going to any good cause.

I'd like to keep the same charity simply because Mrs Nzoner has RA and she is a big part of helping out with our anuual weekend.

Mr. Kotter
02-23-2007, 05:20 PM

If getting up early is an issue, why not try to schedule around a 3pm or night game?

Now that's an idea.... :hmmm:

Although some may need to take Monday off too, and that could limit out-of-town attendance.....ah, screw it....just take Monday off. :)

teedubya
02-23-2007, 05:23 PM
What's a 'Kyle'?

Nzoner
02-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Bug brings up a good point. I do like the idea of not having to get up early after partying late. I know some of you party animals can do that but I don't do that very well. However, the travel from a bar or whatever other venue to Casa Del Nzoner might cause some issues with DUI.

The place I was considering if it's avialable is not more than 2 miles up the highway from me but I don't know what all they have to offer.As for the road game here I was thinking ahead to a Planet breakfast tailgate with Bloody Mary's etc. plus we could all hang out together 1 more day all together without the hassle of trying to sell 40 tickets,collect money etc. and then still taking the chance of being spread all over Arrowhead.

I'm hoping this thread stays near the top as I want to hear the opinions of Dole,Frazod and hopefully Delt etc.

Nzoner
02-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Don't forget, it is going to possibly be cold around KC that time of year. It is 24 here today.

This year is looking as though it will be in September as I have got a crazy October already shaping up.

Nzoner
02-23-2007, 05:34 PM
I like the bus idea, safety first when it comes to transporting 100 drunks.

I also don't mind spending the whole time in NZoners. Plenty of activities, but might get a little tight if it's cold outside and there are 200 people.

But you don't have to worry about as many 'rules' and such (laws, whatever).

I also like the idea of not having to get up at the ass-crack of dawn (that's why just stay up the whole night anyway)

Focking my stuffed animals will no longer be an activity :D

As for the late game,that's an idea as well and why I started this topic early.

Bugeater
02-23-2007, 05:50 PM
The place I was considering if it's avialable is not more than 2 miles up the highway from me but I don't know what all they have to offer.As for the road game here I was thinking ahead to a Planet breakfast tailgate with Bloody Mary's etc. plus we could all hang out together 1 more day all together without the hassle of trying to sell 40 tickets,collect money etc. and then still taking the chance of being spread all over Arrowhead.

I'm hoping this thread stays near the top as I want to hear the opinions of Dole,Frazod and hopefully Delt etc.
Another benefit of the doing the road game thing is it should be a little more affordable since we wouldn't have to make a donation to Carl as well.

HemiEd
02-23-2007, 06:05 PM
This year is looking as though it will be in September as I have got a crazy October already shaping up.

Damn Joe, I hope I never get to the point that I know what I am doing a year from now. :D

I was trying to bust Chagrin's chops for not bringing an outer garmet to last years festivities. LMAO It was colder than normal.

Joie
02-23-2007, 06:08 PM
What city will the fundraiser be in?

Bugeater
02-23-2007, 07:46 PM
What city will the fundraiser be in?
St Joseph, n00bs get charged double for everything.

Nzoner
02-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Damn Joe, I hope I never get to the point that I know what I am doing a year from now. :D

Yeah,go figure,I know what's going on 3 of 4 weekends already for October but I couldn't tell you what I'm going to do next week.

Fairplay
02-23-2007, 08:32 PM
If you start the party elsewhere, don't let the police know . A few hours of drinking would be enough to get people DUI's while en route back to your place.

What an idea! Nzoner was going to tell the local and state police, the time and date of the party. But thanks to you, he won't!!

You're so smart.

HemiEd
02-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah,go figure,I know what's going on 3 of 4 weekends already for October but I couldn't tell you what I'm going to do next week.

Well that has got to be better for the heart, I would think.

luv
02-24-2007, 12:32 AM

Eh. That was Christmas anyway. I'd hide them just in case though.

luv
02-24-2007, 12:34 AM
What an idea! Nzoner was going to tell the local and state police, the time and date of the party. But thanks to you, he won't!!

You're so smart.
Well **** me running, I forgot to put [/sarcasm] after that for the idiots like you who can't figure it out. My bad completely. Sorry, man.

02-24-2007, 12:34 AM
I know this is early but a couple of ideas have come up that I wanted to get feedback on.

1.Look at moving the Saturday party to a different location just up the road from my place that will handle alot more people.The reasoning behind this is being able to get the public involved i.e. more money for the charity and also a percentage going to Kyle and the Planet.

The 2nd part of this idea would be to stop the public function towards mid-evening and then we(the planeteers)move the rest of the evening back to my place.

2.This idea came from another person and would include the Saturday party with everyone either staying overnight at Casa De Nzoner's or a local hotel and actually having a continuation of the weekend festivities in the gameroom during a Chiefs road game.I understand that we have a few planeteers who come a great distance and going to Arrowhead is a big part of their reason for doing so.

The Sunday party would of course include the Chiefs on the big screen plus 6 other games on the tv's and we would look at having an actual tailgate party here etc.

Anyhow,just looking for some feedback on these ideas all thoughts are welcome.

Thanks all.

Sounds good to me. I sure hope I can make it work for me this year.

big nasty kcnut
02-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Also have a number game for the other games on the tube so part of the proceed goes to the charity

luv
02-24-2007, 01:14 AM
With that many people there, you could get a mean Texas Hold 'Em Tourney going. $10 to enter. First, second, and third places win certain amounts with the excess going to the charity.

Also, will you be doing a silent auction or raffle again?

|Zach|
02-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Percentage to Kyle and Planet?

Yuck.

Bob Dole
02-24-2007, 01:56 AM
Well **** me running...

Take off!

|Zach|
02-24-2007, 01:57 AM
That shindig at the Pony Express brew place was top notch.

Tribal Warfare
02-24-2007, 02:54 AM
I would do it 37forever style, and meet a night before when Sunday hits to watch the Chiefs game. I thought that that was concept

Nzoner
02-24-2007, 09:40 AM

I agree,however,we'd need someone in KC to coordinate such an event.

The mrs and I wouldn't mind a full weekend here(for anyone that would need to crash Fri-Sun,and say hosting parties Saturday & Sunday)and I'm sure I could check with a couple of local establishments to see what I could get worked out for a Friday night get together.My only question,is that too long in St Joe?

Nzoner
02-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I would do it 37forever style, and meet a night before when Sunday hits to watch the Chiefs game. I thought that that was concept

It is the concept and a great one and what we're planning on again.Right now I'm just trying to get feedback on whether we want to go to a game(as usual) or have a cheaper event and have the fundraiser during the weekend of a Chiefs road game.

acesn8s
02-24-2007, 11:43 AM

The mrs and I wouldn't mind a full weekend here(for anyone that would need to crash Fri-Sun,and say hosting parties Saturday & Sunday)and I'm sure I could check with a couple of local establishments to see what I could get worked out for a Friday night get together.My only question,is that too long in St Joe?
There is a casino nearby that should pass the time. Hell, have it at the casino. Oh, wait, I forgot that the Planet is trying to raise money. My bad.:(

Fairplay
02-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Well **** me running, I forgot to put [/sarcasm] after that for the idiots like you who can't figure it out. My bad completely. Sorry, man.

Someone needs a spanking.

sedated
02-24-2007, 03:45 PM

I was seduced

luv
02-24-2007, 04:25 PM
There is a casino nearby that should pass the time. Hell, have it at the casino. Oh, wait, I forgot that the Planet is trying to raise money. My bad.:(
I still say a Texas Hold 'Em Tourney. Some kind of poker tourney anyway.

Nzoner
02-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I still say a Texas Hold 'Em Tourney. Some kind of poker tourney anyway.

We've tried this the last two years but have never had enough participation.

Lzen
02-24-2007, 04:59 PM

I like what you're thinking and I think I'm in agreement here. However, like you said, some folks come from out of town just for the Arrowhead experience. That would be the only problem with this. But I only live an hour from KC. I can attend a game any time.

Lzen
02-24-2007, 05:07 PM

Heh, last year Mrs Lzen and I and my friend Daniel and cousin Scott all stayed at a hotel in St. Joe's on Friday and Saturday. We went to a couple bars in St. Joe. We didn't get to your place too early on Saturday for a good reason. ;)

Phobia
02-24-2007, 05:07 PM
That was the best 37 Forever banquet by far. It was a shame we couldn't fill that place to capacity.

Nzoner
02-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Heh, last year Mrs Lzen and I and my friend Daniel and cousin Scott all stayed at a hotel in St. Joe's on Friday and Saturday. We went to a couple bars in St. Joe. We didn't get to your place too early on Saturday for a good reason. ;)

Did you know Daniel was here last weekend for the mrs' daytona party?

Lzen
02-24-2007, 05:11 PM
That was the best 37 Forever banquet by far. It was a shame we couldn't fill that place to capacity.

It looked like a great time. I wish I had been able to attend that one.

Lzen
02-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Did you know Daniel was here last weekend for the mrs' daytona party?

No kidding? Well I'll be damned. I have actually traded emails with him this past week and he never mentioned that. Probably because he knows I don't think too highly of NASCAR.

luv
02-24-2007, 06:01 PM
My bad. As a newcomer, I don't know what's been done in the past.

Bowser
02-24-2007, 06:10 PM

That was a good time. Good beer, to boot.

Jamie just has to promise to not wear a three piece again. I felt like a vagabond.

BigRedChief
02-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Yep that was a good time.

Bob Dole
02-24-2007, 11:30 PM

Jamie just has to promise to not wear a three piece again. I felt like a vagabond.

An 85 pound man in a suit makes you feel like a vagabond?

Were you naked and pushing a shopping cart full of aluminum cans?

Nzoner
02-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Hoping Frazod sees this to get his input

SPchief
02-25-2007, 02:03 AM
I'll be there this year. If there is a hold em tourney, I'd be happy to take everybodies money.

luv
02-25-2007, 02:04 AM
I'll be there this year. If there is a hold em tourney, I'd be happy to take everybodies money.
Good luck with that.

SPchief
02-25-2007, 02:06 AM
Good luck with that.

Luck isn't involved. It's all skill.

luv
02-25-2007, 02:10 AM
Luck isn't involved. It's all skill.
In person is different from online.

SPchief
02-25-2007, 02:23 AM
In person is different from online.

I've played a couple of hands live.

It is how I learned the game.

I played live for both money and for free for two years before I played online.

luv
02-25-2007, 02:25 AM
I've played a couple of hands live.

It is how I learned the game.

I played live for both money and for free for two years before I played online.
I don't think we're gonna have to worry about it anyway.

acesn8s
02-25-2007, 02:27 AM
I don't think we're gonna have to worry about it anyway.I can't play worth a flip. It always seems that everyone knows what I'm holding.

:loser:

SPchief
02-25-2007, 02:29 AM
I don't think we're gonna have to worry about it anyway.

How so?

If there is atleast 4 people wanting to play, I'll get a game going.

luv
02-25-2007, 02:29 AM
How so?

If there is atleast 4 people wanting to play, I'll get a game going.
Tournament is more fun than a game.

SPchief
02-25-2007, 02:38 AM
Tournament is more fun than a game.

It will be tourney style. Once you lose your chips, you're gone. No Rebuys.

luv
02-25-2007, 02:38 AM
It will be tourney style. Once you lose your chips, you're gone. No Rebuys.
With four people to start? Boring.

SPchief
02-25-2007, 02:43 AM
With four people to start? Boring.

Read it again. I said at least 4 people. If I can get 4, at least 4 more will join

02-25-2007, 07:58 AM
What about a dart tourney?

Nzoner
02-25-2007, 10:42 AM

We can do darts,pool,ping pong and even basketball as I got a two hoop electronic basketball shoot for the gameroom now.

In fact,I like your idea as long as others go along.We could have a $5-$10 entry with cash prizes and a small portion going to the charity.

Fairplay
02-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Read it again. I said at least 4 people. If I can get 4, at least 4 more will join

Shes not very good at reading comprehension.

Bowser
02-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Golf? That's for sissies. This is a football bb. How about a game of football? :)

I will wrap my 9-iron around your head.

nlm

02-25-2007, 12:53 PM
We can do darts,pool,ping pong and even basketball as I got a two hoop electronic basketball shoot for the gameroom now.

In fact,I like your idea as long as others go along.We could have a $5-$10 entry with cash prizes and a small portion going to the charity.
ANy one of those can easily be set up just like March Madness. Just want to try and get at least 16 participants. I have done that before with darts. Turned out to be pretty fun. Just played 301 with double in.

Cricket is great too but takes a lot longer than 301.

luv
02-25-2007, 01:30 PM
At least four. That tells me that, once you've got four people, then you'll play. How did I read that incorrectly? When I think of a tournament, I think of at least 10 people at the table to start. Saying at least 4 sounded really low to me. Sorry if I misunderstood.

02-25-2007, 02:54 PM
At least four. That tells me that, once you've got four people, then you'll play. How did I read that incorrectly? When I think of a tournament, I think of at least 10 people at the table to start. Saying at least 4 sounded really low to me. Sorry if I misunderstood.
Come on Luv. Don't hold back on us. Givem HELL!!! :)

Bugeater
02-25-2007, 03:37 PM

That's a solid idea. I'd certainly be willing to participate in such an event. Definitely sounds better than giving SPchief my money.

joesomebody
02-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Too early to say for sure, but I'll do my best to make it again this year. Last year was a blast and I vote for the arthritis foundagion again like last year (my mom has RA so go easy on her Redrum.)

I am fine with an away game as I probably won't have the funds to attend a game this year (poor college student this time.)

I go to school in St. Joe now so travelling isn't an issue this year either.

Nzoner
02-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Too early to say for sure, but I'll do my best to make it again this year. Last year was a blast and I vote for the arthritis foundagion again like last year (my mom has RA so go easy on her Redrum.)

I am fine with an away game as I probably won't have the funds to attend a game this year (poor college student this time.)

I go to school in St. Joe now so travelling isn't an issue this year either.

You know if you ever want to stop by for football or whatever the door is open.

sedated
02-26-2007, 01:21 PM

now we're talkin.

Raiderhater
02-26-2007, 01:52 PM

Luv was dancing on someone's pole at the Christmas party last year.

luv
02-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Luv was dancing on someone's pole at the Christmas party last year.
:rolleyes:

Raiderhater
02-26-2007, 01:57 PM

Oh good grief, I wore a sports coat and blue jeans.

Now the year before I wore a suit sans tie. As it turned out I was upstaged by Russ who decided a tie was the right way to go.

Raiderhater
02-26-2007, 01:59 PM
:rolleyes:

Low and outside just like I like 'em. To have not knocked it out of the park would have been a crime.

luv
02-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Low and outside just like I like 'em. To have not knocked it out of the park would have been a crime.
I wasn't going to reply, but I didn't want to disappoint you.

Raiderhater
02-26-2007, 02:07 PM
I wasn't going to reply, but I didn't want to disappoint you.

Psssh, wether you responded to it or not was of little consequence to me. My only dissapointment comes from the fact that it took over a hundred posts before someone said it.

luv
02-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Psssh, wether you responded to it or not was of little consequence to me. My only dissapointment comes from the fact that it took over a hundred posts before someone said it.
Your disappointment would have been my relief. However, knowing how you guys are on here, I'm surprised it wasn't an immediate response myself.

Frazod
02-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Hoping Frazod sees this to get his input
Okay, but you may not like it.

I always look forward to these get-togethers for two main reasons: 1. Getting together with my friends from the BB who have become real life friends. 2. Attending a game. All other considerations are secondary. (And sorry, but no way in hell am I traveling 500 miles to watch a game on TV.) Obviously I have no problem contributing to your personal expenses for throwing the party, and I certainly have no problem contributing to the Planet fund (a drive of any kind for support of the Planet is long overdue, IMO). But as far as the charities go, it's just an added burden on top of what is already a fairly big expense for me. I'm not made of money, and gas, travel expenses and game tickets aren't getting any cheaper.

There were a lot of familiar faces missing last year, including a good chunk of the core group of people I most enjoy seeing when I come down. It was a real bummer that they weren't there. I know some of them had other things going on, but I can't help but wonder how many of them didn't show up because they felt the same way I do.

I appreciate all the work you put in these things, Joe, and I certainly mean you no disrespect. Your house is a great place for get-togethers. But I've personally had just as much fun meeting people at a local bar. For me, its about the people and the game.

Nzoner
02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Okay, but you may not like it.

I always look forward to these get-togethers for two main reasons: 1. Getting together with my friends from the BB who have become real life friends. 2. Attending a game. All other considerations are secondary. (And sorry, but no way in hell am I traveling 500 miles to watch a game on TV.) Obviously I have no problem contributing to your personal expenses for throwing the party, and I certainly have no problem contributing to the Planet fund (a drive of any kind for support of the Planet is long overdue, IMO). But as far as the charities go, it's just an added burden on top of what is already a fairly big expense for me. I'm not made of money, and gas, travel expenses and game tickets aren't getting any cheaper.

There were a lot of familiar faces missing last year, including a good chunk of the core group of people I most enjoy seeing when I come down. It was a real bummer that they weren't there. I know some of them had other things going on, but I can't help but wonder how many of them didn't show up because they felt the same way I do.

I appreciate all the work you put in these things, Joe, and I certainly mean you no disrespect. Your house is a great place for get-togethers. But I've personally had just as much fun meeting people at a local bar. For me, its about the people and the game.

Dude,no offense taken,this is the kind of honesty I was looking for and I totally respect where you're coming from.

As for a chunk of the core group missing I can't say why except for the ones I know for sure(Brian had a fraternity party in Rolla,Brandon was working,Russ was working) as for others(Jamie,Bob,Phil,Roy) I can't say except that none of them have voiced any concerns to me personally about the weekend and if they or any others feel that way please let me know.Please feel free to add other core members you're referencing as this was only my 2nd year hosting and I'm going off the top of my head while typing and no offense to anyone I'm forgetting.

Jeff(jsp) did put in a post last year about the cost to which I replied there was no way to get everything we offer at a bar for $50.As for your situation I have to say since you don't spend the evening with us and you don't drink $50 is alot of money for what you're getting compared to others.

Again,thanks for being candid this is the type of feedback I need,I do appreciate it.

02-27-2007, 02:43 AM
How much was everything last year?

luv
02-27-2007, 02:44 AM
How much was everything last year?
I believe it was $45/person.

Bugeater
02-27-2007, 02:49 AM
I believe it was $45/person.
Yep, that was for the Saturday party. I can see Fraz's point, he didn't stay very long. I didn't realize he wasn't drinking either.

02-27-2007, 02:55 AM
I would more likely to go knowing that the party on Saturday will conclude after the game on Sunday. I have a hard time forking out big money for home game tickets and maybe even sitting by myself for the game. I would rather be surrounded by friends in a house or at a bar.

luv
02-27-2007, 02:59 AM
I would more likely to go knowing that the party on Saturday will conclude after the game on Sunday. I have a hard time forking out big money for home game tickets and maybe even sitting by myself for the game. I would rather be surrounded by friends in a house or at a bar.
I couldn't afford the party AND a ticket to the game. I'd hate to have to leave that early to drive home. Especially if I've been drinking the night before. 3 1/2 hours driving is torture when you've had little sleep. I can understand those who would rather go to the game, especially if they're travelling very far.

02-27-2007, 03:01 AM
I couldn't afford the party AND a ticket to the game. I'd hate to have to leave that early to drive home. Especially if I've been drinking the night before. 3 1/2 hours driving is torture when you've had little sleep. I can understand those who would rather go to the game, especially if they're travelling very far.

I am much more likely to go if he is hosting for the game too. I would hate to drive out there just to have to rush home the next morning on little sleep in order to see the game. I like that he is considering doing this for an away game though.

Believe_Me
02-27-2007, 03:21 AM
All the funds should be applied towards the second coming..............

chagrin
02-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Yep, that was for the Saturday party. I can see Fraz's point, he didn't stay very long. I didn't realize he wasn't drinking either.

Nah, I just assumed he left because he was tired of OTC mistakingly calling him "Mr. Frazoid"
I kept thinking of the lobster dude from Futurama, LMAO

Bowser
02-27-2007, 10:15 AM
All the funds should be applied towards the second coming..............

Is this another ENDelt joke?

chagrin
02-27-2007, 10:16 AM
now we're talkin.

I am all over this, but this time I am not going to wait until way after I'm hammered to start playing, and I will have my vengeance this time, dude!!!

Bowser
02-27-2007, 10:19 AM
I am all over this, but this time I am not going to wait until way after I'm hammered to start playing, and I will have my vengeance this time, dude!!!

Yeah, whatever. I do believe you're hammered by the time you step off the plane. It's all downhill from there.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 10:28 AM
I think that the concept of having an away game bash has merit. Part of the problem with doing the home game thing is partying until all hours of the night and then getting up at 5:00 (or not sleeping at all) in order to get to the tailgate on time.

Certainly having an away game party would fix that issue.

By the same token, it is an all day party. Most people have left, passed out, or have simply had their fill by 10:00 PM. You could shut down the gameroom at that time. If people want to keep drinking, send them down to the pond. It's only the most hardcore of partiers who are still up at 3:00 AM. Heh heh.

I don't see a lot of out of towners coming to KC (St. Joe) for an away game party. If that's what we want then let's go with it. But if we're still planning to cater to the out of towners, we should keep it as a home game weekend.

FWIW, I didn't attend last year for a variety of reasons. By themselves, none was a show-stopper for me but cumulative we opted to skip it.
1. Priority shift. We don't drink heavily anymore. But if we had come, we probably would have.
2. Money. We bought a new house and had a custody battle last fall. I simply didn't have very much entertainment money left in the coffers.
3. Leadership. I stepped down from all my positions of influence within the Planet and the charity. I thought the courteous thing to do would be to stay away and let some other person(s) naturally fall into that role.
4. We ran ourselves ragged last fall. We didn't have a weekend to relax at all. The party is great but between the party and the game, the weekend is shot.

Frazod
02-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Perhaps it would be a good idea to have two different get-togethers; one aimed at locals, and one aimed at out-of-towners. Clearly these two groups would tend to have different very different priorities, obligations and expenses.

Nzoner
02-27-2007, 11:23 AM
I think that the concept of having an away game bash has merit. Part of the problem with doing the home game thing is partying until all hours of the night and then getting up at 5:00 (or not sleeping at all) in order to get to the tailgate on time.

Certainly having an away game party would fix that issue.

By the same token, it is an all day party. Most people have left, passed out, or have simply had their fill by 10:00 PM. You could shut down the gameroom at that time. If people want to keep drinking, send them down to the pond. It's only the most hardcore of partiers who are still up at 3:00 AM. Heh heh.

I don't see a lot of out of towners coming to KC (St. Joe) for an away game party. If that's what we want then let's go with it. But if we're still planning to cater to the out of towners, we should keep it as a home game weekend.

Your post gave me a new idea,it would be a little extra work but I think it would be worth it.

Why not have a Planet Bash/Fundraiser in St Joe(very early in season) that lasts a weekend,possibly a Friday night icebreaker,the Saturday party as normal followed by the road game on Sunday.As many know we have the room to accomodate this or there are plenty of reasonable hotels just up the highway.

Secondly,later in the year,a Planet tailgate and home game with no ties to a charity so we can keep costs at a minimum.We'd have to agree upon a game early enough to go ahead and get tickets then like Frazod said meet up at a KC bar on Sat night and then have the planet tailgate and game on Sunday.

I'd be willing to do the bash/fundraiser weekend as well as coordinate the block of tickets through Arrowhead as long as ALL tickets were paid in advance by those wanting to attend.Could you or would you be willing to organize the tailgate?

Personally,I think this would cater to all Planeteers,those local could do one or both plus we'd still have an event for the out-of-towners.

Nzoner
02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Perhaps it would be a good idea to have two different get-togethers; one aimed at locals, and one aimed at out-of-towners. Clearly these two groups would tend to have different very different priorities, obligations and expenses.

heh,great minds :)

Phobia
02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Sounds good to me. I'll do the tailgate, sure.

Frazod
02-27-2007, 11:27 AM
heh,great minds :)

:thumb:

Nzoner
02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Sounds good to me. I'll do the tailgate, sure.

And at least attend the road game tailgate and game here ;)

Phobia
02-27-2007, 11:37 AM
As long as I don't have any other priority obligations, I'll be there for sure.

Nzoner
02-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Thought this thread would be a good place to let everyone know that the mrs and I received a phone call last week to inform us we will be receiving a local award for our fundraising efforts last year at a banquet in March.

I just want to take this opportunity to say thanks to all of you who were involved last year and to let you know that in my acceptance speech(the mrs won't get up in front of a crowd)that I will be accepting the award on behalf of Chiefs Planet,Chiefs Coalition and our local business partners whose donations made it all possible.

THANK YOU AGAIN

sedated
02-27-2007, 12:21 PM
brilliant.

we locals can come to both, right?

Bugeater
02-27-2007, 12:31 PM
brilliant.

Personally,I think this would cater to all Planeteers,those local could do one or both plus we'd still have an event for the out-of-towners.
It's obvious what you were doing on your lunch break. :)

Lzen
02-27-2007, 12:39 PM
I like the idea of 2 separate get togethers. Although I'm not sure I will be able to make both. I will definitely try, though.

Bowser
02-27-2007, 12:42 PM
The advance warning on the dates will be helpful when looking to block off a weekend down the road.

Frazod
02-27-2007, 01:28 PM
brilliant.

We'll have to get back to you on that. :)

Nzoner
02-27-2007, 01:48 PM
I like the idea of 2 separate get togethers. Although I'm not sure I will be able to make both. I will definitely try, though.

Yeah making time for 2 could be a problem for some but I don't see the money being much different at all if you've attended in the past.

As for the fundraiser,my idea would be to cut back on Saturday's menu to help with Sunday's tailgate and party so we wouldn't have to adjust the price much.

Dole's working on some hellacious musicians for this year,I've already had the pleasure of hearing and I'm hoping to get a local client to help out with sponsoring that.

The game tickets should be about the same but who the hell knows with Arrowhead,I think I recall seeing a thread that single game tickets were taking a 17% hike.

Lastly,I can't speak for Phil but I'm assuming his tailgate would be reasonable especially if everyone is required to BYOB.

Nzoner
02-27-2007, 01:51 PM
The advance warning on the dates will be helpful when looking to block off a weekend down the road.

Agreed,I think as soon as the schedule breaks we make a final decision.Those needing game tickets will have to pay alot earlier than normal but I think if they're serious about attending they can find a way.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Lastly,I can't speak for Phil but I'm assuming his tailgate would be reasonable especially if everyone is required to BYOB.

It really depends on what people want on the menu. Plus we could probably get a Blvd Wheat keg cheaper than what 50 people will drop on 6 packs. It might make sense to get our own keg.

Nzoner
02-27-2007, 01:56 PM
It really depends on what people want on the menu. Plus we could probably get a Blvd Wheat keg cheaper than what 50 people will drop on 6 packs. It might make sense to get our own keg.

Awesome idea!

chagrin
02-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah, whatever. I do believe you're hammered by the time you step off the plane. It's all downhill from there.

You have a point, the Flight Attendant chick knew it was my first Chiefs game and she was giving me free Vodka, I probably was

chagrin
02-27-2007, 02:16 PM
I am a bit confused here, okay I'll go back and read the full thread, but as for "out of towners" go, I can only speak for myself but I'd be there for the whole weekend, doesn't make sense to fly from Orlando to KC just for 24 hours.

I hope you don't mind if I crash all weekend again, oh and the KEG idea is excellent, I dropped 80 bucks on my contribution of beer last time and would like to put that towards some Chiefs merchandise this time, or at least a hooker.

luv
02-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I am a bit confused here, okay I'll go back and read the full thread, but as for "out of towners" go, I can only speak for myself but I'd be there for the whole weekend, doesn't make sense to fly from Orlando to KC just for 24 hours.

I hope you don't mind if I crash all weekend again, oh and the KEG idea is excellent, I dropped 80 bucks on my contribution of beer last time and would like to put that towards some Chiefs merchandise this time, or at least a hooker.
You do realize that they are talking about a keg for the tailgate, which will be on a separate weekend than the bash. Unless, of course, my reading comprehension skills are off again.

chagrin
02-27-2007, 02:33 PM
You do realize that they are talking about a keg for the tailgate, which will be on a separate weekend than the bash. Unless, of course, my reading comprehension skills are off again.

No, you are probably right, I haven't read everything, just skimming and posting, as usual.

So I will have to save extra for the hookers, oh well

Bugeater
02-27-2007, 02:35 PM
No, you are probably right, I haven't read everything, just skimming and posting, as usual.

You do realize they are talking about having 2 separate events now, right?

chagrin
02-27-2007, 02:37 PM
You do realize they are talking about having 2 separate events now, right?

Oh no, I have to save for hookers, for 2 seperate events?

ARRRRGGGHHH!

Bugeater
02-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh no, I have to save for hookers, for 2 seperate events?

ARRRRGGGHHH!
The first one would be at Joe's for a road game, the second would be in KC for a home game.

Why not have a Planet Bash/Fundraiser in St Joe(very early in season) that lasts a weekend,possibly a Friday night icebreaker,the Saturday party as normal followed by the road game on Sunday.As many know we have the room to accomodate this or there are plenty of reasonable hotels just up the highway.

Secondly,later in the year,a Planet tailgate and home game with no ties to a charity so we can keep costs at a minimum.We'd have to agree upon a game early enough to go ahead and get tickets then like Frazod said meet up at a KC bar on Sat night and then have the planet tailgate and game on Sunday.

chagrin
02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
The first one would be at Joe's for a road game, the second will be for a home game.

Don't bother me with details damnit, I have hookers to order!!

Bugeater
02-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Don't bother me with details damnit, I have hookers to order!!
OK, I guess we'll see you at both of them.

chagrin
02-27-2007, 02:42 PM
OK, I guess we'll see you at both of them.

Both of what?

sedated
02-27-2007, 03:04 PM

the only hookers KC has are old toothless bag-ladies that live down by the train tracks.

I could try and get you a good deal, they know me pretty well.

Fairplay
02-27-2007, 07:13 PM

Best idea right there. Hell yeah. Go with the best stuff.

CHENZ A!
02-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Heh,Dole missing last years game isn't the only reason,I had also talked to another who had mentioned it would be nice to do a late nighter without the worry of getting up at 5a.m.

That's the reason why I didn't come last yr, I try to take it easy on Sat nights before Chiefs noon home games.

TinyEvel
02-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Not sure about the non-home game weekend, selfishly. I am planning on coming from the West Coast to Arrowhead for one game this year, I would most-likely plan it around the Nzonerfest.

That's just me.

Nzoner
02-28-2007, 07:52 PM
That's the reason why I didn't come last yr, I try to take it easy on Sat nights before Chiefs noon home games.

You can take it easy here,just grab a can of pop and sit around the campfire ;)

Nzoner
02-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Not sure about the non-home game weekend, selfishly. I am planning on coming from the West Coast to Arrowhead for one game this year, I would most-likely plan it around the Nzonerfest.

That's just me.

That's not being selfish one bit,personally I appreciate the fact that you'd like to schedule your trip to meet alot of us as well as help out with the fundraiser.

Raiderhater
02-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Two parties? Better space 'em out a bit.

Nzoner
02-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Two parties? Better space 'em out a bit.

Herein lies the challenge if we do this,the fundraiser has to be in Sept.this year,hoping for good weather for the live music that Dole is setting up as well other things.

Do we lose anyone coming in say November due to colder weather for the 2nd get together?

Raiderhater
02-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Herein lies the challenge if we do this,the fundraiser has to be in Sept.this year,hoping for good weather for the live music that Dole is setting up as well other things.

Do we lose anyone coming in say November due to colder weather for the 2nd get together?

If it is an away game I wouldn't necessarily think so. With Thanksgiving being in November however... I don't know, could hurt could help.

Bugeater
02-28-2007, 09:11 PM
If it is an away game I wouldn't necessarily think so. With Thanksgiving being in November however... I don't know, could hurt could help.
I believe the 2nd get-together is for the home game, that's why he's asking if anyone is going to puss out because of weather.

CHENZ A!
02-28-2007, 09:38 PM
You can take it easy here,just grab a can of pop and sit around the campfire ;)

LMAO, yeah, I'd more likely be shitcanned trying to figure out if I could jump the thing.

Lzen
02-28-2007, 09:52 PM
You can take it easy here,just grab a can of pop and sit around the atomic detonation ;)

FYP

Bob Dole
03-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Bob Dole just realized that he can't make the trip if it's for the 9/16 game.

Nzoner
04-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Thought I'd bump this for anyone who still might want to give their opinion.

Thanks to the schedule makers if we do a home game we're pretty much stuck with the Vikings unless I plan on missing my college reunion and shoot for the Bengals game.

luv
04-11-2007, 02:04 PM

Thanks to the schedule makers if we do a home game we're pretty much stuck with the Vikings unless I plan on missing my college reunion and shoot for the Bengals game.
There's a good away game on 9/30, if you were still going that route.

BigRedChief
04-11-2007, 02:16 PM

FYI, The Chiefs Coalition fundraiser/party/tailgate is scheduled the weekend of the Vikings game.

Nzoner
04-11-2007, 03:19 PM
FYI, The Chiefs Coalition fundraiser/party/tailgate is scheduled the weekend of the Vikings game.

Thanks,looks like it's either the Bengals or an away game then.

Bugeater
04-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks,looks like it's either the Bengals or an away game then.
I'm still fine with the idea of an away game. Heck, you might get more people there who would otherwise be going to a home game.

Nzoner
04-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm still fine with the idea of an away game. Heck, you might get more people there who would otherwise be going to a home game.

I still like frazod's idea,maybe do the fundraiser opening weekend vs. Houston(should be a winnable game to boot) and then plan on a home game later(possibly Denver in November,with a tailgate with no charity ties.)

Frazod
04-11-2007, 03:31 PM
I still like frazod's idea,maybe do the fundraiser opening weekend vs. Houston(should be a winnable game to boot) and then plan on a home game later(possibly Denver in November,with a tailgate with no charity ties.)

I vote for the weekend of the Broncos game.

Bugeater
04-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Heh, that would be a helluva kickoff to the season. :)

Nzoner
04-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Heh, that would be a helluva kickoff to the season. :)

A Friday get together for those that can make it in,Saturday party with live music,fireworks and bonfire not to mention the anticipation of a new season.

Everyone will be sick of pre-season,the weather should be good,all teams will be playing so KC on the big screen and Donks @ Buffalo on one of the other tv's followed by the 3 o'clock games(for those that can stay awhile) featuring Bears @ Chargers and Lions @ Raiders.

I'm seeing some real possibilities here.

Nzoner
04-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I was talking to Bob Dole earlier and since he's looking at bringing a couple of musicians with him this year we're going to see what their schedule is like.

Nzoner
04-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I've had a couple of suggestions on other things we could donate too and would like some feedback if anyone is so inclined.

When we disbanded 37 Forever I felt the logical move was to go with The Arthritis Community Services here in St Joe because it was local and because Mrs. Nzoner was diagnosed with RA and her contribution to making our parties a success is next to none.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

luv
04-13-2007, 01:17 PM
In honor of Jared Allen, you could donate the procedes to MADD, DARE, or some such anti-substance abuse education organization.

sedated
04-13-2007, 01:25 PM
some anti-substance abuse education organization.

that would be appropriate for a bunch of drunks.

getting shitfaced to help people stop drinkin

luv
04-13-2007, 01:27 PM

We'd be helping the ones who have a problem with it. We drink so they don't have to. :)

Bob Dole
04-13-2007, 02:01 PM

We raised about $6k last year at a bar here doing a fundraiser for a guy who needs a liver translplant.

Stewie
04-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Bump for a good cause. I'll be there nzoner. Maybe have Pinatas cater? They're good people and maybe you'll get some business with a little help from Stewie. :)

Redrum_69
04-22-2007, 03:48 PM
The wifey and I will both be there...Saturday and Sunday.

I promise to drink more than one beer this time

DaFace
04-22-2007, 03:54 PM
The wifey and I will both be there...Saturday and Sunday.

I promise to drink more than one beer this time

So how does your wife feel about you going around and doing everyone's moms all the time?

04-22-2007, 04:12 PM
We are still waiting for the strippers you were going to bring last night.

04-22-2007, 04:13 PM
If you start the party elsewhere, don't let the police know. A few hours of drinking would be enough to get people DUI's while en route back to your place.

I like the idea of the road game, but that's just my opinion. I've gone to a game completely hungover and sleepless before, and it wasn't nearly as much fun. At least I would have a little more of Sunday to sober up before driving 3 1/2 hours home.

Lightweight.

04-22-2007, 04:15 PM
If the drinks will follow us to Nzoner's, as I know they will, I can wait to do my drinking to help keep a few Planeteers safe for the trip back. I am sure there would be at least a few others willing to take on designated driver duties for the move back.