PDA

View Full Version : Gordon earns Cup pole; Waltrip fails to qualify

recxjake
02-23-2007, 09:55 PM

Joie
02-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Good. I don't like Waltrip. Not fond of Gordon, either though. I think Toyotas in general will have a steep learning curve this season.

Bwana
02-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Did they ever disclose what the " illegal fuel additive" was?

boogblaster
02-24-2007, 09:24 AM
F Gordon .. Mikey has sucked his whole career .. the additive was anti-freeze I heard ....

Bwana
02-24-2007, 09:28 AM
F Gordon .. Mikey has sucked his whole career .. the additive was anti-freeze I heard ....

Anti-freeze, WTF? Christ, I figured it was Rocket Fuel the way the media was ranting on about it. :hmmm:

chefsos
02-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Anti-freeze, WTF? Christ, I figured it was Rocket Fuel the way the media was ranting on about it. :hmmm:
I think Boog's having a little fun with you. Anyway, they haven't announced what it was, but there's plenty of speculation:A person familiar with the investigation told The AP the substance was a property found in jet fuel; NASCAR said only it wasn't jet fuel itself.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_NASCAR_WALTRIPS_WOES?SITE=GENERIC&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2007-02-23-23-44-18

acesn8s
02-24-2007, 10:47 AM
It was an oxidizer that let the fuel burn hotter and it added more horsepower.

Demonpenz
02-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Gordon loves the pole

GoHuge
02-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Waltrip, Mayfield, and Allmendinger are all f*cked. Especially Waltrip. He's still negative in points and I don't see how any of these guys ever dig out of this hole. I felt bad for Mayfield because he's about the only Toyota guy that I like. All year long there going to have to try and qualify on speed hoping to crack the top 35 in owner's points. Dale Jarrett couldn't even run a qualifying lap and if not for his past champion provisional he wouldn't have raced in this or the 500. He's only got four more provisionals to use and if he doesn't get himslef in the top 35 by race 5 then he's out and not guaranteed a spot in the field. His team better start putting something together in a hurry. Right now Toyota isn't looking good and it doesn't look like there getting better any time soon. Toyota has got to be thrilled. They put alot of money in these teams and none of them look worth a shit.

DomerNKC
02-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Boy, this Toyota thing is really scaring you huh sexy rexy? Obsess much?

jjjayb
02-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Boy, this Toyota thing is really scaring you huh sexy rexy? Obsess much?

At the rate Toyotas are being recalled there isn't much to fear. They'll be lucky to stay running long enough to finish the race.

HemiEd
02-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Waltrip, Mayfield, and Allmendinger are all f*cked. Especially Waltrip. He's still negative in points and I don't see how any of these guys ever dig out of this hole. I felt bad for Mayfield because he's about the only Toyota guy that I like. All year long there going to have to try and qualify on speed hoping to crack the top 35 in owner's points. Dale Jarrett couldn't even run a qualifying lap and if not for his past champion provisional he wouldn't have raced in this or the 500. He's only got four more provisionals to use and if he doesn't get himslef in the top 35 by race 5 then he's out and not guaranteed a spot in the field. His team better start putting something together in a hurry. Right now Toyota isn't looking good and it doesn't look like there getting better any time soon. Toyota has got to be thrilled. They put alot of money in these teams and none of them look worth a shit.

I like that almost as much as a Raiders loss. But NASCAR will start giving them some kind of advantage (spoiler, weight etc.) until they get competitive.

DomerNKC
02-24-2007, 02:38 PM
I like that almost as much as a Raiders loss. But NASCAR will start giving them some kind of advantage (spoiler, weight etc.) until they get competitive.like a tariff?

Ultra Peanut
02-24-2007, 09:06 PM
FURRINERS

dtebbe
02-24-2007, 09:59 PM

I loved it when all the media jackasses were reporting he had jet fuel in his tank. Anyone with half a brain knows that hi grade kerosene won't work worth a shit in a gasoline engine....

DT

DomerNKC
02-25-2007, 11:43 PM
a tip of the cap to "American Made" doing well again. Brian Vickers finished 10th.

DomerNKC
02-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Toyota- 10th, 32nd, 33rd and 39th
Ford- 1st.. etc
Chevy- 2,3,4,5,6...etc
Dodge- 7th.. etcthey are new to nascar, and not embarrassing themselves. ROCK ON AMERICAN MADE!!!!!!

acesn8s
02-26-2007, 06:50 PM
ROFL... they are a joke so far...... the only guy doing any good is Vickers and he didn't even make Daytona...

The other guys that 32nd, 33rd and 39th only did that well because they didn't wreck out!

They won't have one driver in the top 20 this year in pointsDodge started off bad when they made thier comeback too. Give them time. You know 2-3 years.ROFL

:cuss:Waltrip!

Eleazar
02-26-2007, 06:55 PM
they will never land the best drivers, or the best crews

Why not?

acesn8s
02-26-2007, 06:56 PM
They will eventually be competitive... but they will never land the best drivers, or the best crews... The only driver they have worth anything is VickersI'm glad Vickers did well this week. Not every driver can piss off the entire Hedrick team all at once. He has a liitle place in my heart for that.

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 06:57 PM
ROFL... they are a joke so far...... the only guy doing any good is Vickers and he didn't even make Daytona...

The other guys that 32nd, 33rd and 39th only did that well because they didn't wreck out!

They won't have one driver in the top 20 this year in points

Do you understand how NASCAR works?

DomerNKC
02-26-2007, 10:11 PM
You can get your own shirt here!

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/nojapcar/anti-toyota/-is that where you do all of you bigoted shopping? I always thought you were just big on GM, it turns out you are just a bigot. Where does your hatred of other races cease? It has nothing to do with the cars. It has nothing to do with the companies. You hate the people. A little diversity might do you some good. Must they look like you to be significant? I notice you use a lot of key words to make your points. These words have also been used by others like yourself in the past. People like Hitler, Castro, Stalin, and Hussein. Phrases like Everybody thinks, Everyone in Nascar hates Toyota, they will never land the best drivers etc. Thesephrases have very little to with fact. They have a lot to do with fear. Your fear to be exact. To feel better you try to sway opinion with "absolute" phrases that are merely propaganda. I do find it funny that the bigoted rednecks that are selling the shirts, put on the shirts that stock car racing is american made. The Toyota Camry is the only car in the race that is actually american made.

DomerNKC
02-26-2007, 10:31 PM
1st. I do not own the shirt, I do not sell the shirt, I just find it funny... You will find these shirts along with similar ones at all Nascar events... My favorite is the Toyota symbol with the no smoking sign around it.

2nd. I dislike Toyota, not Japenese people

3rd. The majority of Nascar fans as well as Nascar teams are very upset that they put Toyota in in Nascar...

4th. I'm not going to debate this again.... but just because they put the Camry, Monte Carlo or Fusion name on the front does not have anything to do with if they built in the United States or not. It is a fact that General Motors produces a significant amount more of cars, trucks and suvs in the U.S. then Toyota.I just find it funny... like most normal people find racism funny too.
You will find these shirts along with similar ones at all Nascar events... My favorite is the Toyota symbol with the no smoking sign around it. have you been to both races this year or is this more grandstanding propaganda?
I dislike Toyota, not Japenese people Do you hate Toyota for coming to this country and putting Americans to work? Or do you love GM for putting Canadians to work in lieu of Americans?
I'm not going to debate this again.... but just because they put the Camry, Monte Carlo or Fusion name on the front does not have anything to do with if they built in the United States or not. those nascar cars have little to do with the real cars. They are representing the car lines and the companies that pay them to. I find it funny that the best the "big" three can do is supply "foreign" cars to race while Toyota races with an American made, American designed and Americas best selling car. All the while Toyota is considered by you to be UNAMERICAN. ROFL

DomerNKC
02-26-2007, 10:35 PM
1st. I do not own the shirt, I do not sell the shirt, I just find it funny... You will find these shirts along with similar ones at all Nascar events... My favorite is the Toyota symbol with the no smoking sign around it.

2nd. I dislike Toyota, not Japenese people

3rd. The majority of Nascar fans as well as Nascar teams are very upset that they put Toyota in in Nascar...

4th. I'm not going to debate this again.... but just because they put the Camry, Monte Carlo or Fusion name on the front does not have anything to do with if they built in the United States or not. It is a fact that General Motors produces a significant amount more of cars, trucks and suvs in the U.S. then Toyota. sorry, i missed one. The majority of Nascar fans as well as Nascar teams are very upset that they put Toyota in in Nascar... Did they all call you and tell you this, or did you take another swing at grandstanding propaganda? It is impossible for you to tell what ANYONE else is ACTUALLY thinking. I will guarantee you that i can go to any race and find anti chevy, anti ford and anti dodge slogans also.

Eleazar
02-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I just find it funny... like most normal people find racism funny too.
You will find these shirts along with similar ones at all Nascar events... My favorite is the Toyota symbol with the no smoking sign around it. have you been to both races this year or is this more grandstanding propaganda?
I dislike Toyota, not Japenese people Do you hate Toyota for coming to this country and putting Americans to work? Or do you love GM for putting Canadians to work in lieu of Americans?
I'm not going to debate this again.... but just because they put the Camry, Monte Carlo or Fusion name on the front does not have anything to do with if they built in the United States or not. those nascar cars have little to do with the real cars. They are representing the car lines and the companies that pay them to. I find it funny that the best the "big" three can do is supply "foreign" cars to race while Toyota races with an American made, American designed and Americas best selling car. All the while Toyota is considered by you to be UNAMERICAN. ROFL

alanm
02-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Everyone in Nascar hates Toyota except the people that work for the Toyota programs! People wear anti-toyota shirts, junior said he would wreck any toyota that was in his way
You dangle enough money in front of people, they will come to love Toyota.
:)

DomerNKC
02-26-2007, 10:54 PM
It's a tshirt about Toyota joining Nascar and I love it

I have not been to a race this year... But I am going to the Pepsi 400 in July...I was at two races last year (Chicago and Michigan) and saw them... I also saw the shirt when they panned the crowd during the 500

Again... you are missing the point... GM has 77 plants in America... Toyota 12... then add all the white collar jobs... then add all the retirees... then add all the suppliers GM uses... GM has a lot more to do with america then Toyota does

You are also taking this thread way off topic... Toyota has been very bad so far... They have qualified 7 of 15 cars and are on the bottm of the point standings.... they should have never joined nascar... they are just pissing people off every weekYou are also taking this thread way off topic... Toyota has been very bad so far... They have qualified 7 of 15 cars and are on the bottm of the point standings young man, it is never where you start...it is where you finish. this is a long battle and it will occur over many years. As i recall they started slowly in trucks also. If they are so bad, then why are you still so scared of them. Probably because the are going to own you at this game too.
they should have never joined nascar... they are just pissing people off every week. Still speaking like a person scared of honest competition. The only people they are "pissing off" are truly shallow people.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2007, 11:07 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6i2WRreARo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6i2WRreARo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DomerNKC
02-27-2007, 11:24 PM
ROFL... I enjoy watching them make fools of themselves..... also it's not how Toyota does on the track that I care about... eventually they will do better... its how they do on the streets of America... they are doing great now... but eventually they will have problems just like the big 3.no...they seem to be much smarter and have a better plan.