PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else been watching the combine on NFL Network?

Chief Roundup
02-24-2007, 11:40 AM
They have been showing the OL go through drills. I missed the first segment.
There are a few guys that look pretty good. DV said this is a deep draft for OL from what he has seen in recent years. I do think DV can pick OL.

Tony Ugoh injured his right quad. Had some ice on it.

JBucc
02-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I wish I could.

Chief Roundup
02-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I wish I could.

If I wasn't dogsitting for a friend I wouldn't be either. ;)

acesn8s
02-24-2007, 11:48 AM
NFL Network? Does anyone carry that channel?

Skip Towne
02-24-2007, 11:49 AM
I wish I could.
You can if you think you can.

greg63
02-24-2007, 11:52 AM

The power of positive thinking. :D

Rooster
02-24-2007, 11:54 AM
I have it on. I watched the 225 bench press burn out. It's amazing how those guys throw that weight around.

Chief Roundup
02-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Hey Skip a friend of mine just got DTV he got it with 1 DVR it has 200 hrs of memory and can record 2 different programs. I think it is called a DVR 15.?
I didn't know this was out.
Is this a new model and is thier any "issues" with it like some of the other models?
I am trying to wait until the bugs get worked out until I get DTV.

Chief Roundup
02-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Ugoh just did the long jump. Nothing changed the trainers advised him not to do anymore drills today and did the long jump and is going to try the vertical jump.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
02-24-2007, 02:33 PM
yep. I love this channell. All NfL, all the time. I like the "In their own word shows" they have been showing alot of them lately. Kind of like beyond the glory.

Simply Red
02-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah I have DTV and watched the 40 yd. It is amazing how a guy over 300 lbs. can run as fast as they usually do. I thought Olsen looked pretty fugging good as well.

Rain Man
02-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Joe Thomas cheated like heck on his 225-lb. bench press. He was only lifting the thing about halfway up, and he got through 9 of them before one of the monitors finally told him that he had to lock out his elbows. He ended up doing something like 28, but I don't think they should've counted the incomplete ones. I bet the Broncos coaches were scribbling furiously in their notebooks about that. "Cheats and gets away with it. Trade up to get him?"

They had some Texas Tech lineman who honestly didn't have a very impressive physique - barrel-shaped body and arms that didn't look overly big. He had a Hispanic name - Manny Ramirez or Manny Gonzalez or something. He did 40, and I must say I was impressed.

Simply Red
02-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Joe Thomas cheated like heck on his 225-lb. bench press. He was only lifting the thing about halfway up, and he got through 9 of them before one of the monitors finally told him that he had to lock out his elbows. He ended up doing something like 28, but I don't think they should've counted the incomplete ones. I bet the Broncos coaches were scribbling furiously in their notebooks about that. "Cheats and gets away with it. Trade up to get him?"

They had some Texas Tech lineman who honestly didn't have a very impressive physique - barrel-shaped body and arms that didn't look overly big. He had a Hispanic name - Manny Ramirez or Manny Gonzalez or something. He did 40, and I must say I was impressed.

Yep I caught glimps of him. (Thomas) Though at the time didn't catch the name but funny I was thinking the exact same thing. Had to be the same guy.

BWillie
02-24-2007, 03:45 PM
They should make the NBA players bench 225 in their combine instead of 185. It'd be hilarious to watch alot of them not even be able to do one. When you watch the combine, it's easy to see that NFL football players are BY FAR the most athletic specimans on the face of this earth. You see 300 pound guys running a 4.8 and a little 180 pound corner back benching 450. It's just amazing what they can do.

Simply Red
02-24-2007, 03:50 PM
They should make the NBA players bench 225 in their combine instead of 185. It'd be hilarious to watch alot of them not even be able to do one. When you watch the combine, it's easy to see that NFL football players are BY FAR the most athletic specimans on the face of this earth. You see 300 pound guys running a 4.8 and a little 180 pound corner back benching 450. It's just amazing what they can do.

Yep, the NBA would strain as a whole. It would be quite funny. And yes, it is bluntly obvious that the NFL contains largely the most athletic specimens out there.

bdeg
02-24-2007, 04:41 PM
I'd love to get Ramirez. Amazing run blocker, just OK pass blocking. He benched 550 his junior year. Texas Tech's O line allowed only 16 sacks since 2000 (can this be right?). Projected to go early in the third. He'd fit great with the Chiefs and I'm hoping we find a way to get him.

nychief
02-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Yep, the NBA would strain as a whole. It would be quite funny. And yes, it is bluntly obvious that the NFL contains largely the most athletic specimens out there.

strongest. not most athletic.

chiefqueen
02-24-2007, 04:49 PM
I have Time Warner, they only add one new channel every 6 months. Yesterday, I noticed A&E HD (ch. 1499) was added. I think now Time Warner wants me to be grateful and not long for the NFL Network, ESPN U, and ESPN HD.

I can't wait for the end of August, not b/c football season will be starting, but Time Warner will probably add HGTV HD.

BWillie
02-24-2007, 05:06 PM
strongest. not most athletic.

O ya? What sport is? Nobody you know can run a 4.4. Some of the most explosive and naturally talented individuals are in the NFL. Fast, big, strong, and can move. Common people think it's easy to run a even a 4.7, it's not. What other sport even comes close? Lets take a look

Baseball -- HA. Alot of fat guys, alot of pretty good athletic guys, but alot of them are slow. There are all sorts of athletes in the MLB, however, there is no way you can make an agrument that they even rival NFL. Look at the big guys like Pujols..big but not fast. Then you have the Matt Stairs of the world, and the pitchers with beer guts.

Basketball -- Only thing they got on football is endurance. Thats it.

Soccer -- Scrawny guys, short guys, generally not strong. Many have some quickness, but not to the degree of high profile athletes. You have David Beckham race any WR or CB on the Chiefs and he's going to get smoked. Soccer players however have great endurance.

Golf no. Tennis no. Fishing no. Lacrosse no.

Deberg_1990
02-24-2007, 05:37 PM

What about NASCAR??

Eleazar
02-24-2007, 05:52 PM
O ya? What sport is? Nobody you know can run a 4.4. Some of the most explosive and naturally talented individuals are in the NFL. Fast, big, strong, and can move. Common people think it's easy to run a even a 4.7, it's not. What other sport even comes close? Lets take a look

Baseball -- HA. Alot of fat guys, alot of pretty good athletic guys, but alot of them are slow. There are all sorts of athletes in the MLB, however, there is no way you can make an agrument that they even rival NFL. Look at the big guys like Pujols..big but not fast. Then you have the Matt Stairs of the world, and the pitchers with beer guts.

Basketball -- Only thing they got on football is endurance. Thats it.

Soccer -- Scrawny guys, short guys, generally not strong. Many have some quickness, but not to the degree of high profile athletes. You have David Beckham race any WR or CB on the Chiefs and he's going to get smoked. Soccer players however have great endurance.

I think you would be surprised at the speed soccer players at the highest level of international have though, and they do all of that for 90 minutes. No, they aren't doing 30 reps at 225, but I think the average pro soccer player in the English premiership is every bit of the athlete the average player in any American pro sport is. They also have skill players on the same level as baseball or basketball does IMO.

You don't play soccer at its highest levels into your 30s. A lot of guys are used up and done, at least at the international level, in their late 20s. There are probably barely any guys who play in more than 2 world cups because that makes you about 30, and 30 is like being 40 in baseball.

It's probably the most demanding sport there is in terms of trying to keep a job at the highest level. In football you have a population pool producing players of, for the most part, just the United States. Soccer has the entire world producing players to compete for those handful of jerseys.

It seems to me like a good comparison would be the guys who make the football team in your average small town, and the guys who make the football team at a 5A city school. You have to have something to even be on that team and ride the pine.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
02-24-2007, 05:53 PM
What about NASCAR??

I thought we were talking about sports?

HELL NO!!!!

Eleazar
02-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Not to pick on you Willie, just giving my impressions. But I think you undersell pro golfers too.

Golf is the one sport where the average person can get a feel of exactly how good those guys are. You can't go out and play a pickup football game against NFL quality players, or find NBA quality players on a playground in your town. But you can go find a tough golf course in this area where they probably have minor pro events. Or even go to your average municipal course.

I just started playing about a season and a half ago, and I'm not consistently in the 90s yet but I have scored there a few times - and for me to put up a 96, 97, 98, I feel like I'm playing well that day and not making a lot of mistakes. Then you look at the leaderboard on ESPN.com and see that Tiger Woods shot a 66 that day.

I used to think like you do, but I appreciate what pro golfers can do now, because when you are standing out on a course trying to stay in double digits, you realize what you have to do to drive a ball 300 yards, or put a ball 2 feet away from 200 yards out, drain 50 foot putts, or to score under par for a round. It's not like they are chumps. They are maybe the best skill and finesse players there are in sports.

BWillie
02-24-2007, 06:07 PM
I think you would be surprised at the speed soccer players at the highest level of international have though, and they do all of that for 90 minutes. No, they aren't doing 30 reps at 225, but I think the average pro soccer player in the English premiership is every bit of the athlete the average player in any American pro sport is. They also have skill players on the same level as baseball or basketball does IMO.

You don't play soccer at its highest levels into your 30s. A lot of guys are used up and done, at least at the international level, in their late 20s. There are probably barely any guys who play in more than 2 world cups because that makes you about 30, and 30 is like being 40 in baseball.

It's probably the most demanding sport there is in terms of trying to keep a job at the highest level. In football you have a population pool producing players of, for the most part, just the United States. Soccer has the entire world producing players to compete for those handful of jerseys.

It seems to me like a good comparison would be the guys who make the football team in your average small town, and the guys who make the football team at a 5A city school. You have to have something to even be on that team and ride the pine.

Ok, well lets have David Beckham try to race Dante Hall or Steve Smith. It wouldn't be very close. Not to mention I bet Beckham can bench like 215 if he's lucky. I'm not saying they aren't athletic, I still don't think they even COME CLOSE to rivaling NFL. NBA players are more athletic specimans than soccer. The only sport I think that could even come close would be olympic sprinters.

As for golf, I'm not talking about skill. You seem to be confused on the difference between skill and athletic ability. Golf is almost no athletic ability. Golf is my main sport. I went to state in high school in golf. I played golf in college. Golf is a joke if you are talking about athletic skill. Golf is acquired skill. It takes years to master, that is why you can dominate your club championship until you are in your fifties.

Rain Man
02-24-2007, 06:25 PM

I was changing clothes at the health club the other day, and the TV was on some weird ESPN offshoot channel. Some fisherman guy was talking about how you really had to be in good shape to be a competitive fisherman. I was thinking that my market research skills (sitting in a chair day after day) would naturally prepare me to be a competitive fisherman.

Dark Horse
02-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I was changing clothes at the health club the other day, and the TV was on some weird ESPN offshoot channel. Some fisherman guy was talking about how you really had to be in good shape to be a competitive fisherman. I was thinking that my market research skills (sitting in a chair day after day) would naturally prepare me to be a competitive fisherman.

You'd be surprised at what lugging around heavy coolers and tackle boxes can do for ones physique

Rain Man
02-24-2007, 06:35 PM
On the soccer topic, I have no doubt at all that those guys are in incredible aerobic condition, and I can respect that. However, compared to football, I doubt that any soccer player would be crack the top 95 percent in terms of anaerobic conditioning.

Of the "real" sports, I would rate them thus, assuming that the top average score is 100.

Strength: football 100, basketball 60, hockey 30, baseball 5, soccer 0

Top raw speed: football 100, soccer 75, basketball 65, baseball 45, hockey 30

Endurance: soccer 100, basketball 90, hockey 40, football 40, baseball 0

Toughness: football 100, hockey 35, basketball 25, soccer 5, baseball 0

Coordination: hockey 100, baseball 95, football 90, basketball 85, soccer 80

Rain Man
02-24-2007, 06:36 PM
You'd be surprised at what lugging around heavy coolers and tackle boxes can do for ones physique

I hadn't thought about those tackle boxes. I wonder how many tackle box reps they typically lift at the fishing combine.

Sully
02-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Hockey gets a 35 in toughness?

Please take some time to learn hockey a little better.

Dark Horse
02-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I hadn't thought about those tackle boxes. I wonder how many tackle box reps they typically lift at the fishing combine.

I would guess that a world class fisherman could do 40 or 50 I myself am just an amateur and can probably do about 25 and throw in a lawn chair

Rain Man
02-24-2007, 06:41 PM

I recognize that there's a lot of fighting and checking in hockey, but I've never seen a hit in hockey that even comes close to a receiver getting clocked over the middle by a linebacker, or a quarterback taking a blindside hit, or whatever human rights violations occur to a guy at the bottom of a fumble pile.

Rain Man
02-24-2007, 06:43 PM
I would guess that a world class fisherman could do 40 or 50 I myself am just an amateur and can probably do about 25 and throw in a lawn chair

I bet another part of their combine is to start one of those outboard motors with the lawn mower cord and a bad spark plug. That's some serious exertion.

Sully
I recognize that there's a lot of fighting and checking in hockey, but I've never seen a hit in hockey that even comes close to a receiver getting clocked over the middle by a linebacker, or a quarterback taking a blindside hit, or whatever human rights violations occur to a guy at the bottom of a fumble pile.

There are definitely MANY hits that are just as or more violent than a LBer could accomplish, simply based on the speed of the bodies.
However, I also add in the playing with injuries factor, in which the NHL far outdoes any sport imagineable.

Eleazar
Ok, well lets have David Beckham try to race Dante Hall or Steve Smith. It wouldn't be very close.

Beckham's not in his prime anymore. You might be right. But I think if you picked the 2 or 3 fastest forwards among the 16 world cup teams from last year, those guys could run NFL receiver 40 times.

Not to mention I bet Beckham can bench like 215 if he's lucky.

Obviously soccer players do not have the upper body that offensive linemen do. It's not necessary in that sport.

Being an athlete in my opinion involves conditioning, and there are not many athletes in any sport conditioned like a pro soccer player is.

Dark Horse
02-24-2007, 06:48 PM
I bet another part of their combine is to start one of those outboard motors with the lawn mower cord and a bad spark plug. That's some serious exertion.

Thats seems like a given. The agility portion probably has them trying to stand up in a canoe with partial marks if they overturn but don't spill their beer.

Rain Man
02-24-2007, 06:48 PM
There are definitely MANY hits that are just as or more violent than a LBer could accomplish, simply based on the speed of the bodies.
However, I also add in the playing with injuries factor, in which the NHL far outdoes any sport imagineable.

I imagine that it hurts to get hit by the puck, too. If you locked 10 NFL defensive backs in a room with 10 NHL guys, my thinking is that the defensive backs would be the ones walking out.

How would you rate the sports on the categories that I provided? And am I missing anything? I thought about including something like "intelligence" or "knowledge of complex systems", but the sports are so different that I couldn't really find a fair comparison.

Simply Red
02-24-2007, 06:58 PM

I agree Sully. Hockey no doubt excercises all of the mentioned. So does college wrestling IMO. Football really contains the best atheletes overall when you figure-endurance, smarts, strength and raw-speed. JMO though.

HMc
02-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Olympic rowers.

HMc
02-24-2007, 07:25 PM
And actually i think you oversell the enduyrance required by soccer players. Yes they're at it for 90 minutes, but when they're not on the ball or looking for the ball it'sa medium paced jog.

Rugby forwards. Especially the back row (numbers 6, 7 and 8) They're big guys, 6-5 and 240. They're fast and they are running full throttle ALL game. Everytime someone is tackled they'vre gotta be there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Collins

http://images.supersport.co.za/CollinsJerry031102RunswithBallGbg.jpg

Chief Roundup
02-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Well since this thread has gotten off topic I will participate as well.
I think each sport or game has its own area that is what makes it especially hard.
Whether or not you get into that sport there should be respect for what it takes to do said sport.
Golf, If you truely want to appreciate it, then go and play it on a real course but a easy/short course. Just go to a driving range and try and be able to draw or fade a ball on command with exact yardage of distance and draw or fade, not to mention try to chip and putt because you have to be able to read the way the grass is laying and how much the ungulations of the green is going to affect the roll of your ball. Not to mention backspine to stop the ball, back the ball up the right distance.
Nascar, well unless you break the law and risk several lives you will not have the oppurtunity to know what it is like to be able to control a car at or over 200 mph let alone in the middle of other cars doing 175-200 mph for 3 hours.
I don't like hockey but man those guys have my respect they have to be tough for all they hits and abuse that they take. Not to mention balance for being able to deliver the blows and moves while on 2 little blades. Amazing in its own right.

supercoupe91
02-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Adrian Peterson will be doing all the tests tomorrow. That could be fun to watch.

BTW, I heard that the Broncos are trading Plummer, Tatum, and their first round pick to Cleveland to draft Peterson.

alanm
02-24-2007, 08:41 PM
You haven't been watching enough hockey Kevin. They usually show some nasty hits every night on Sports Center. And they carry weapons too. :)

alanm
02-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Adrian Peterson will be doing all the tests tomorrow. That could be fun to watch.

BTW, I heard that the Broncos are trading Plummer, Tatum, and their first round pick to Cleveland to draft Peterson.
They can have him. Peterson is a good back but I've a feeling he'll be spending more time on the sidelines with injuries than on the field. The guy is injury prone.

B_Ambuehl
02-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Football players have those attributes because the sport allows it. Five seconds of hell followed by a 45 second break. Most other sports demand way too much conditioning to demonstrate that type of explosiveness. Conditioning interferes with the ultimate expression of speed, strength, and explosiveness. Exceptions are sprinting, throwing events, and olympic weight lifting. Top level sprinters would out-do most skill position NFL players in the combine measures. At 300 pounds bodyweight it's also not uncommon to see o-lifters and shotputters vertical jumping 40 inches and broad jumping 10+ feet.

JBucc
02-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Tony Ugoh injured his right quad. Had some ice on it.On Ugoh, from some site I found
Tony Ugoh is another top grade prospect that had an eye-opening day. Not only did he run two forty times at or around 5.0 (5.06 officially), but after pulling up at the end of the last run with a quadriceps pull, he insisted on continuing through some drills. Somehow he managed to not only compete in the broad jump, but jump 9'9" which is seven inches further than any lineman even jumped at last year's combine. With a pulled quad? While the numbers were good, the sheer determination and perseverance might have been even better. Road graders are always great to come by.

Chief Roundup
02-24-2007, 09:02 PM

I heard Houston was trying to trade for Plummer. Gary Kubiak wants his Plummer back.

Chief Roundup
02-24-2007, 09:12 PM
On Ugoh, from some site I found

Yeah I thought it showed a lot to continue after being told by trainers that he shouldn't participate in the rest of the drills. You could tell he was really disappointed when he told the NFL reporter what the trainer had told him.

I thought that several of the lineman looked good in the drills that I seen.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm looking forward to the draft, because I don't think we're going to do anything in free agency except sign our own guys (again).

StcChief
02-24-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm looking forward to the draft, because I don't think we're going to do anything in free agency except sign our own guys (again).

With Herm's get younger talk last year, that seemed inevitable.....

Unless we land a trade deal or cap causality. Like Draft.

Hope he brings more to the table in that area.

GoHuge
02-24-2007, 09:40 PM
From what I've seen we need to move up in the draft to get this Okoye kid. He's amazing and only 19. He could be playing in his third contract and only be 30.

Bob Dole
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM

With our top pick, we'll probably pick someone from a Division II school that was projected to go in the 3rd.

Mecca
02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
On the soccer topic, I have no doubt at all that those guys are in incredible aerobic condition, and I can respect that. However, compared to football, I doubt that any soccer player would be crack the top 95 percent in terms of anaerobic conditioning.

Of the "real" sports, I would rate them thus, assuming that the top average score is 100.

I'd say soccer takes about as much coordination as one can possibly have......seeing as eye to foot coordination is much more difficult than hand to eye.

Bob Dole
02-24-2007, 09:55 PM

ABC should revive Superstars and put your rating scale to the test.

milkman
02-24-2007, 09:58 PM
From what I've seen we need to move up in the draft to get this Okoye kid. He's amazing and only 19. He could be playing in his third contract and only be 30.

I'd love to be able to draft Okoye, but not at the expense of a trade.

We need more picks, not fewer, even considering Okoye's potential.

unothadeal
02-24-2007, 10:13 PM
The only thing i dislike about NFLN is how they whore themselves every chance they get.
e.g.
Dick Vermeil: I remember this guy was very impressive at the Insight Bowl
Rich Eisen: ON NFL NETWORK

unothadeal
02-24-2007, 10:14 PM
And also Adam Schefter

Rain Man
02-24-2007, 11:09 PM
I'd say soccer takes about as much coordination as one can possibly have......seeing as eye to foot coordination is much more difficult than hand to eye.

The only reason I marked down soccer is because it requires virtually no hand-eye coordination. You could be a Tyrannosaurus Rex out there with little tiny dangling arms and do fine. In the other sports, one is using all four limbs simultaneously.

Rain Man
02-24-2007, 11:11 PM
ABC should revive Superstars and put your rating scale to the test.

We can only dream. I loved those shows.

Bob Dole
02-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Bob Dole is going to revise his prediction.

The KC Chiefs rocket scientists will probably take DIII tight end Michael Allan in the first.

BWillie
02-25-2007, 01:10 AM
In other news, Brady Quinn bench pressed 225 lbs 22 times while 310 pound Offensive Lineman Joe Thomas did it 28 times. That is a great lift for a QB. Not really understanding why Quinn has slipped so much. He is the most pro ready QB right now, and still has alot of potential. He has all the tools to succeed in the NFL. He's confident, strong arm, strong physically, runs a 4.71 and has a pedigree for success. He also ran a pro style offense at Notre Dame. The guy is going to be successful. I wish the Chiefs could get him somehow.

Deberg_1990
02-25-2007, 09:27 AM
In other news, Brady Quinn bench pressed 225 lbs 22 times while 310 pound Offensive Lineman Joe Thomas did it 28 times. That is a great lift for a QB. Not really understanding why Quinn has slipped so much. He is the most pro ready QB right now, and still has alot of potential. He has all the tools to succeed in the NFL. He's confident, strong arm, strong physically, runs a 4.71 and has a pedigree for success. He also ran a pro style offense at Notre Dame. The guy is going to be successful. I wish the Chiefs could get him somehow.

I agree 100%. If he still happens to be on the board when the Chiefs draft, i dont see how they could pass him up?

Sully
02-25-2007, 09:31 AM
I imagine that it hurts to get hit by the puck, too. If you locked 10 NFL defensive backs in a room with 10 NHL guys, my thinking is that the defensive backs would be the ones walking out.

I'd take that bet without hesitation.

Are you gonna work on getting the NHL players or the D-backs?

Chief Roundup
02-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Quinn did 24 reps at 225

Rain Man
02-26-2007, 11:40 PM
I'd take that bet without hesitation.

Are you gonna work on getting the NHL players or the D-backs?

Sorry, I've been having some Internet issues on my computer.

Clarification: Does Pacman Jones get a weapon?

Assuming he doesn't, here's my lineup. Who do you have?

Sean Taylor, Redskins
Bernard Pollard, Chiefs
Brian Dawkins, Eagles
Roy Williams, Cowboys
Ken Hamblin, Seahawks
Donovin Darius, Jaguars
Ed Reed, Ravens
Troy Polamalu, Steelers
Antrel Rolle, Cardinals
Adrian Wilson, Cardinals

Sully
02-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Georges Laroque
Todd Bertuzzi
Zdeno Chara
Donald Brashear
Joe Thornton
Reed Low
Ian Laperriere
Matthew Barnaby
Andrew Peters
Jordin Tootoo
Cam Janssen

...where and how big is the room we are using.

And if Pac Man gets to use his gun, then I get to re-choose some of the Russian Mafia guys.

Rain Man
02-27-2007, 10:54 AM
High school freshman gymnasium.

And isn't Bertuzzi in prison or something? We get to check him for shivs before the fight.

Rain Man
02-27-2007, 10:56 AM
I'll set up the polls. Give me your hockey girls' heights and weights, and we'll randomly match them up in the first round.

Fire Me Boy!
02-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Keep ****ing doubting the professional bowlers as the best athletes in the world! Same with the Texas Hold'em champs!

Sully
02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Keep ****ing doubting the professional bowlers as the best athletes in the world! Same with the Texas Hold'em champs!
ROFL

Parker Bohn III, Bitches!!!!!

mylittlepony
02-27-2007, 12:36 PM
They did some survey like a decade ago. Soccer rated quite low, they claimed it was because of the level of skill/technique required). If I remember correctly top 3 it was Triatlon, Gymnastics and Wrestling.

They meassured lung capacity and muscle densness and a bunch of other stuff.

listopencil
02-27-2007, 02:55 PM

"But then, with 5 minutes, 53 seconds showing on the McNichols clock, a deep, sickly thud sounded on the ice. As he was skating backwards slightly to make his way onto the bench, the 185-pound Draper's head was driven into the top edge of the boards, face first, by a collision with a 220-pound man skating at roughly 25 mph. The man was Lemieux. Sitting right in front Draper was his close friend and teammate, Darren McCarty, a third-year forward known for his toughness and occasional scoring touch.

"I mean, it was right in front of me," McCarty recalled, "and all I can remember was thinking I'm about to watch a car crash in slow motion, and I can't believe it's happening," McCarty recalls. "I could see Lemieux coming from 20 feet away, and I kept waiting for him to slow up. I kept thinking, 'he's going to stop, right?'" Wrong.

"Heyyyyy!" McCarty yelled.

McCarty was immediately sickened by what he saw of Draper's face. "You could see it cave inward," he said. "

http://www.denverpost.com/books/ci_5106839

Sully
02-27-2007, 03:31 PM
"But then, with 5 minutes, 53 seconds showing on the McNichols clock, a deep, sickly thud sounded on the ice. As he was skating backwards slightly to make his way onto the bench, the 185-pound Draper's head was driven into the top edge of the boards, face first, by a collision with a 220-pound man skating at roughly 25 mph. The man was Lemieux. Sitting right in front Draper was his close friend and teammate, Darren McCarty, a third-year forward known for his toughness and occasional scoring touch.

"I mean, it was right in front of me," McCarty recalled, "and all I can remember was thinking I'm about to watch a car crash in slow motion, and I can't believe it's happening," McCarty recalls. "I could see Lemieux coming from 20 feet away, and I kept waiting for him to slow up. I kept thinking, 'he's going to stop, right?'" Wrong.

"Heyyyyy!" McCarty yelled.

McCarty was immediately sickened by what he saw of Draper's face. "You could see it cave inward," he said. "

I think that cheap shot was worse than the Bertuzzi one. Lemieux got his ass kicked plenty for it, though.

And now Bertuzzi is a Red Wing, so I guess I have to start rooting for him.

Rain Man
02-27-2007, 03:32 PM

I'm not impressed. If football placed a narrow piece of wood on the sidelines, Lawrence Taylor would've outkilled Theodore Bundy.

My safeties are going to win.