PDA

View Full Version : The best player to hit the state of Kansas since Danny Manning

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 07:44 AM
per J-Whit

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/16784259.htm

I went to this prep game yesterday and was in awe of this kids ability to get elevation and shoot. Reminds me alot of 'Melo with his length and frame, but is probably a better shooter. Anyways, he will likely stick around for one year and then go league, regardless of what he is saying. I'd be a fool to think otherwise...but damn, just to have him around for one year will be awesome.

Anyways, here is a small little highlight video from his warmups yesterday. No highlights from the game yet :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntF7Lv7XtU

ROYC75
02-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Great, KU needs the talent to play against.

With that talent, it's going to take a strong willed commintment to stay for 4 years. I say 1 and done too with the money he could get. Alot will depends on his play as a freshman.

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 08:34 AM

With that talent, it's going to take a strong willed commintment to stay for 4 years. I say 1 and done too with the money he could get. Alot will depends on his play as a freshman.
Yeah, noone is crazy enough to think he or Bill Walker will stay all 4 years, but damn, just to have that kind of talent for one year will be enough to make some waves.

ROYC75
02-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah, noone is crazy enough to think he or Bill Walker will stay all 4 years, but damn, just to have that kind of talent for one year will be enough to make some waves.

Just a hunch here, I say 2 years......... This gives the Kittens and both players some exposure.

kepp
02-26-2007, 09:19 AM
It's good to see a kid so concerned with the fundamentals of the game.

Dartgod
02-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Poor, poor KU. Such a great team and no one worth playing. :shake:

Don't worry. There are plenty of talented teams in the first round of the NCAA Tourney.

:D

Pants
02-26-2007, 09:38 AM

Don't worry. There are plenty of talented teams in the first round of the NCAA Tourney.

1st round of NCAA has nothing to do with the fact that the rest of the teams of Big12N are worthless.

ROYC75
02-26-2007, 09:43 AM

Yep, plenty of teams that will fall to KU in the 1st rd this year.. Funny thou, it appears MU isn't one of those teams you speak of ? :hmmm: :D

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 10:06 AM
1st round of NCAA has nothing to do with the fact that the rest of the teams of Big12N are worthless.
Hey now, we've provided you with your best true road win of the season. Be grateful the Cats don't totally suck this year, it will help you get a 2 seed and avoid a 3rd straight year of embarassment.

The rest of the North, MU and NU are NIT teams. CU and ISU are pathetic.

Archie Bunker
02-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Coach Anderson better have a trick up his sleeve with his one scholorship or my Tigers are going to be in trouble. The talent gap keeps getting wider between MU and the top Big 12 teams.

ChiTown
02-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Coach Anderson better have a trick up his sleeve with his one scholarship or my Tigers are going to be in trouble. The talent gap keeps getting wider between MU and the top Big 12 teams.

Mike's got them playing much better ball these days. He's going to need a year or 2 to get his "style" of player into Columbia, and I think he'll do it. He's a damn fine coach.

ROYC75
02-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Coach Anderson better have a trick up his sleeve with his one scholorship or my Tigers are going to be in trouble. The talent gap keeps getting wider between MU and the top Big 12 teams.

You can blame Quinn .......

ROYC75
02-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Mike's got them playing much better ball these days. He's going to need a year or 2 to get his "style" of player into Columbia, and I think he'll do it. He's a damn fine coach.

I agree, he has gotten alot out of what he has now.

Archie Bunker
02-26-2007, 10:17 AM

I think he will too, Hannah and Keon are a nice start. I like what he has done so far. Heck I figured MU would be near the bottom of the Big 12 this year, so a NIT berth is a nice surprise. It just pains me to watch KU and now KSU getting these types of talents.

Congrats K-State, Huggins is bringing in the goods.

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 10:28 AM
MU is more talented than K-State at this point, IMO.

CosmicPal
02-26-2007, 10:41 AM
That video is so not real. It's plainly obvious they put his face on Michael Jordon's body.

Seriously though, he looks pretty damn good and confident there. It will be exciting to see KU vs. KSU for the next few seasons. It ought to be a hoot.

duncan_idaho
02-26-2007, 11:15 AM
MU is more talented than K-State at this point, IMO.

Maybe at point guard... but other than Hannah, I think K-State is better at every position. Cartier Martin and David Hoskins are both better than any forward Mizzou has.

Stewart and Harris are nice players, too.

If Keon Lawrence and Marshall Brown were consistently good, I might agree with you, Saul. But, sadly, they ain't. :(

As for the open schollie... don't forget the Tigers also will be adding DeMarre Carroll next year. He's a nice, all-SEC level combo forward who should thrive in this system and help the rebounding drastically.

There also are rumblings that another scholarship might open up - not sure who it would be (can't see one of the seniors-to-be transferring, but who knows?), but the rumor persists...

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 12:43 PM
It is going to be exciting to watch all of this play out. I would hope KState and KU would leave at least a little talent available to WSU.

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 12:48 PM
It is going to be exciting to watch all of this play out. I would hope KState and KU would leave at least a little talent available to WSU.
Doubtful. Some kid from Kansas City named Conner Teahan chose to walk-on to KU rather than receive a full-ride scholarship from WSU.

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Doubtful. Some kid from Kansas City named Conner Teahan chose to walk-on to KU rather than receive a full-ride scholarship from WSU.

That blows! They need to start developing some good Wichita City League players again, like they used to.

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 12:58 PM
That blows! They need to start developing some good Wichita City League players again, like they used to.
Wichita has some nasty football players graduating in the next few years.. :drool:

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Wichita has some nasty football players graduating in the next few years.. :drool:

Really? I was not aware of that, hopefully they will stay in the state of Kansas to play at the next level. Any of them from East High?
I hate it when they end up going to ND or Nebraska etc.

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Really? I was not aware of that, hopefully they will stay in the state of Kansas to play at the next level. Any of them from East High?
Arthur and Bryce Brown from Wichita East. KU has no shot at them whatsoever but K-State is in the mix for both. I'd say it comes down to K-State and Oklahoma.

Stewie
02-26-2007, 01:10 PM

They could always play at WSU... oh, wait. :)

CoMoChief
02-26-2007, 01:12 PM

Youre in for a disappointment then. I think youre comparing him to what Quin did, which isn't anything.

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Arthur and Bryce Brown from Wichita East. KU has no shot at them whatsoever but K-State is in the mix for both. I'd say it comes down to K-State and Oklahoma.
I hope K-State lands them, why does KU not have a shot?

They could always play at WSU... oh, wait. :)

Hey, they could have made a movie about the Shocker Football program.

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 01:29 PM
I hope K-State lands them, why does KU not have a shot?

Why do you think? ;)

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Why do you think? ;)

Identify with the coach better at KState? :)

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Why do you think? ;)

The better program!?

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 02:47 PM
The better program!?
That, among other things.

Al Czervik
02-26-2007, 02:52 PM
That, among other things.

Hasnt KU taken 2 out of 3 from KSU in FFball?

Yep...no chance whatsoever.....wow

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Hasnt KU taken 2 out of 3 from KSU in FFball?

Yep...no chance whatsoever.....wow
2 out of the last 4..5...6..7....

They are two programs going in two entirely different directions, really.

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 03:07 PM

Lets see, one has a young, exciting, black Coach and the other has a fat, eh, well you know what I mean.

CoMoChief
02-26-2007, 03:07 PM

KSU will return to football national prominence. It will just be a few seasons. Having them actually play teams in the non conference schedule will help. Freeman will eventually be a good QB. KSU football is going in the right direction no doubt. KU football just ****ing sucks and it probably always will. KU is strictly a basketball school and unfortunately for the University it will always stay that way. Just like Duke or North Carolina or Kentucky. However I don't think KSU will emerge themselves from the backseat to KU in basketball.

chuxtrux
02-26-2007, 05:42 PM
With Brown it will probably be KU, OU and some other big programs around the nation.

Zebedee DuBois
02-26-2007, 06:10 PM
I've watched quite a few East High FB games, and the younger Brown is a horse at RB. Fast. and yards after contact. I've seen him carry 4 or 5 tacklers another 8 yards.

From what I hear, OU has the inside track at this point.

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I've watched quite a few East High FB games, and the younger Brown is a horse at RB. Fast. and yards after contact. I've seen him carry 4 or 5 tacklers another 8 yards.

From what I hear, OU has the inside track at this point.

That would suck.

ChiTown
02-26-2007, 07:46 PM
With Brown it will probably be KU, OU and some other big programs around the nation.

Are you talking about Arthur Brown? If so, that's one of the funniest things I've read on here in a long time. It's an OU-KSU race, and OU is definitely in the lead for the Brown Brothers.

ROYC75
02-27-2007, 12:05 AM

According to Perkins, he says KU will have a quality football program soon.

Guess time will tell ?

leviw
02-27-2007, 12:10 AM
KSU will return to football national prominence. It will just be a few seasons. Having them actually play teams in the non conference schedule will help. Freeman will eventually be a good QB. KSU football is going in the right direction no doubt. KU football just ****ing sucks and it probably always will. KU is strictly a basketball school and unfortunately for the University it will always stay that way. Just like Duke or North Carolina or Kentucky. However I don't think KSU will emerge themselves from the backseat to KU in basketball.

That's backwards.

I don't know how you can possible say, at this point in the Ron Prince era, that KSU can return to national prominence. He has so much to prove, as does Freeman.

As long as the Bob Huggins factor is in place, and his type of players fill the his roster, K-State basketball will be in the passenger seat next to KU. KU might be driving, but the years of walking over the Asbury and Wooly doormats are over.

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 07:09 AM
That's backwards.

I don't know how you can possible say, at this point in the Ron Prince era, that KSU can return to national prominence. He has so much to prove, as does Freeman.

As long as the Bob Huggins factor is in place, and his type of players fill the his roster, K-State basketball will be in the passenger seat next to KU. KU might be driving, but the years of walking over the Asbury and Wooly doormats are over.
Were you there on Sunday? I saw J-mart.

Braincase
02-27-2007, 08:22 AM

Meh. Prince is 0 for Mangino. Undisputable fact. PurpleHuggie is 0 for Self. Undisputable. There's more excitement around KU football than there has been since the Glen Mason era, and we haven't come close to winning the Big 12 North, but by God, we're giving some folks a game. There are some folks that want to get rid of Mangino...but there all at Mizzou, KSU, Iowa State and Nebraska. I think the Buffs want to hire him.

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Meh. Prince is 0 for Mangino. Undisputable fact. PurpleHuggie is 0 for Self. Undisputable. There's more excitement around KU football than there has been since the Glen Mason era, and we haven't come close to winning the Big 12 North, but by God, we're giving some folks a game. There are some folks that want to get rid of Mangino...but there all at Mizzou, KSU, Iowa State and Nebraska. I think the Buffs want to hire him.
No, we all hope you guys keep Mangino. Seriously. Anytime a coach is celebrated as much as he is and can't even finish .500 in conference..well, that is pretty sad.

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 08:31 AM
http://www.49abcnews.com/news/2007/feb/26/beasley_proves_hes_a_man_playing_amongst_boys/

ROFL

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Does Chiefaroo know about this?

HemiEd
02-27-2007, 08:42 AM

Mangino puts the C in Choke. If the guy could coach the team for an entire game, he might amount to something.

ROYC75
02-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Mangino puts the C in Choke. If the guy could coach the team for an entire game, he might amount to something.

No shit, last year was a joke job of coaching. KU lost several game sthey should have won.

If fat boy ever gets it, learns to coach with a lead, KU could do something. I did say " IF ", OK.

ChiTown
02-27-2007, 09:02 AM
There are some folks that want to get rid of Mangino...but there all at Mizzou, KSU, Iowa State and Nebraska. I think the Buffs want to hire him.

Nope, that's pretty funny.

I hope the hawks give him a lifetime contract, and so do most rival fans. He has NEVER finished .500 in conference - Not once in his 5 years at KU. He has an 11-29 conference record. Ron Prince finished .500 in conference in his first season.

The buffs should hire Mangino. I hear they are looking to open up a toll booth inside the confines of the CU campus. With his background, he'd be perfect.......;)

HemiEd
02-27-2007, 09:08 AM
No shit, last year was a joke job of coaching. KU lost several game sthey should have won.

If fat boy ever gets it, learns to coach with a lead, KU could do something. I did say " IF ", OK.

Agreed, I watched a lot (for me) of KU football the last two years. The Texas game is the one that really pissed me off. KU should have won that game as they should have several others.

ChiTown
02-27-2007, 09:08 AM
http://www.49abcnews.com/news/2007/feb/26/beasley_proves_hes_a_man_playing_amongst_boys/

ROFL

"You could put me in a room with 50 midgets and I'd fit in....."

lmfao. I love this kid.

leviw
02-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Were you there on Sunday? I saw J-mart.

No. I went home for the weekend.

I've heard enough about it that I'm beginning to gush about him myself, and I've yet to see him play.

duncan_idaho
02-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Personally, I love Mangino.

Any coach who decides to give the ball to the Big 12's leading rusher 15 times against one of the worst run defenses in the league, as Mangino did against Mizzou, is fine by me.

This could be the year the wheels fall off for the fat man - it's going to be tough for the beakers to even get to .500 this year.

ROYC75
02-27-2007, 09:30 AM

Any coach who decides to give the ball to the Big 12's leading rusher 15 times against one of the worst run defenses in the league, as Mangino did against Mizzou, is fine by me.

This could be the year the wheels fall off for the fat man - it's going to be tough for the beakers to even get to .500 this year.

Gosh Damn, when isn't it tough ? I thought it was a given for them to compete to get to 500 each year.

ChiTown
02-27-2007, 09:50 AM
One other Mark Mangino point:

Terry "Gameball" Allen was 10-30 in Conf. in his 5 years at KU - one game worse than Fat's. Not to mention, when Gameball was the head coach, the North was much more difficult (and the better division in the B12). CU, NU and KSU were all very dominant. In the last 3 years, none of those teams have been spectacular.

What's the point? Fat's = Gameball.

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Does Chiefaroo know about this?
I posted it on the Shocker board. They are very miffed about it.

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 09:56 AM

Pinkel hasn't won in Lawrence in a while either, hasn't he? He's happy he doesn't have to worry about that anymore.

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 10:01 AM
One other Mark Mangino point:

Terry "Gameball" Allen was 10-30 in Conf. in his 5 years at KU - one game worse than Fat's. Not to mention, when Gameball was the head coach, the North was much more difficult (and the better division in the B12). CU, NU and KSU were all very dominant. In the last 3 years, none of those teams have been spectacular.

What's the point? Fat's = Gameball.
Nebraska went to 2 title games in that period.
Kansas State nearly went to a title game, and was a fixture in the top 10.
Colorado was tough during that time period too.

Now, the Big XII North is just a bunch of crap. Mangino only has 1 win vs the South in his entire career - a 28-21 home win vs Baylor.

ROYC75
02-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Nebraska went to 2 title games in that period.
Kansas State nearly went to a title game, and was a fixture in the top 10.
Colorado was tough during that time period too.

Now, the Big XII North is just a bunch of crap. Mangino only has 1 win vs the South in his entire career - a 28-21 home win vs Baylor.

Yeeeee Haaaaaw, he has that monkey off his back, maybe he can start coaching ? Oh wait, he is ?

A look at KU's past coaches ..........

Terry Allen 1997 - 2001 So much hope but ended in Disappointment
Glen Mason 1988 -1996 Did well, Didn't like him leaving. Had KU in thr right direction.
Bob Valesente: 1986-87 This was a joke , nuff said.
Mike Gottfried: 1983-85 Should have stayed, turned the program around. He had quick feet to leave a job.
Don Fambrough: 1979-82 2nd time around wasn't kind to him or his staff.
Bud Moore: 1975-78 Wasn't given enough time.
Pepper Rogers: 1967-70 Oh why, why did he have to leave ? Damn UCLA.
Don Fambrough: 1971-74 F**k Clde Walker .

Braincase
02-27-2007, 12:37 PM
K-State is going to be good.

KU IS good. I'll live in the present. When K-State wins the Big 12 Conference, I'll be one of the first in line to congratulate them. When KU wins a conference championship, I hear a lot of "wait, we'll get you next year."

Come and get it.

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 12:40 PM

KU IS good. I'll live in the present. When K-State wins the Big 12 Conference, I'll be one of the first in line to congratulate them. When KU wins a conference championship, I hear a lot of "wait, we'll get you next year."

Come and get it.
...? Is this about football or basketball. ;)

Braincase
02-27-2007, 12:45 PM
...? Is this about football or basketball. ;)

I hold no illusions about KU winning a Big 12 championship. It'll be a long time until the Jayhawks win the Big 12 North, if ever. But until then, I have fun at the tailgates, I have fun watching the games, and I have fun when KU wins. KU is not a football school. We're good at one thing - men's basketball. The women's basketball team will win the Big 12 before the KU football team wins the Big 12. In the meantime, I like the football wins, and I'll say "scoreboard" when the K-Staters jab KU until the Wildcats beat KU again. I guess that'll be baseball or softball.

Archie Bunker
02-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Speaking of Terry Allen and K-State, in return for helping accommodate the Auburn v K-State matchup(moving the K-State v Mo State to week 3), Auburn agreed to play a home and home against MO State in BBall.

Carry on, just thought that was interesting.

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Speaking of Terry Allen and K-State, in return for helping accommodate the Auburn v K-State matchup(moving the K-State v Mo State to week 3), Auburn agreed to play a home and home against MO State in BBall.

Carry on, just thought that was interesting.
That is actually pretty interesting.

Mo State should destroy Auburn, though.

WilliamTheIrish
02-27-2007, 01:06 PM

Come and get it.

If the Big 12 MBB title was the requirement to an NCAA bid, then I'd care more about it. But you can finish 4th (please God!) and still get a bid. And it is in that context how your season is graded. Do well in the NCAA tourney, and it's a success. Fail in the NCAA and the regular season wins mean nothing.

Maybe my thinking will change in the next few years under Huggins. Maybe he'll be the guy to get KSU the Big 12 crown. But if he does win it, then flames out in the 2nd round, the Big 12 banner is little consolation.

This season has been great fun. Because this year you could tell from the beginning that, even with these players, Huggins wasn't going to to say "Wait till next year". Even after losing Walker to season ending injury after 6 games. The difference in defensive intensity, rebounding, and the attitude surrounding the team has been completely different. Their are no moral victories.

This was evidenced after the loss at home to TTech on Big Monday. During post game Huggs said, "Don't give up on this team, because I sure won't". (paraphrase) Huggins was true to that statement.

As Huggins gets the players to compete for the Big 12 title, I'm going to remember this season as the funnest and most excruciating season ever. Mainly because this team is a bubble team and could very well be left out. But also because this is the year that the losing attitude was removed from the program.

leviw
02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
If the Big 12 MBB title was the requirement to an NCAA bid, then I'd care more about it. But you can finish 4th (please God!) and still get a bid. And it is in that context how your season is graded. Do well in the NCAA tourney, and it's a success. Fail in the NCAA and the regular season wins mean nothing.

Maybe my thinking will change in the next few years under Huggins. Maybe he'll be the guy to get KSU the Big 12 crown. But if he does win it, then flames out in the 2nd round, the Big 12 banner is little consolation.

This season has been great fun. Because this year you could tell from the beginning that, even with these players, Huggins wasn't going to to say "Wait till next year". Even after losing Walker to season ending injury after 6 games. The difference in defensive intensity, rebounding, and the attitude surrounding the team has been completely different. Their are no moral victories.

This was evidenced after the loss at home to TTech on Big Monday. During post game Huggs said, "Don't give up on this team, because I sure won't". (paraphrase) Huggins was true to that statement.

As Huggins gets the players to compete for the Big 12 title, I'm going to remember this season as the funnest and most excruciating season ever. Mainly because this team is a bubble team and could very well be left out. But also because this is the year that the losing attitude was removed from the program.

I agree with a lot of what you said, especially the first paragraph, but I got blasted for having a similar sentiment last year after KU lost to Bradley.

Basically, I said since KU is considered a top program, success should be judged in national championships. Since Roy didn't win one, his accomplishments can be all but scratched off. Therefore, were Self's teams first-round chokes any worse than Roy's Sweet 16 chokes? I say no.

You are judged in what you do in the Tournament, not the regular season. For K-State at this point, a simple appearance will satisfy most fans, but those expectations will obviously change. Their first Big 12 title will be huge.

For KU, anything less than a Final Four apperance would seem to be a failed season, though they (coach and/or players) still get berated if they get to the Final Four or NC game and lose. So in reality, as a top-tired program, they should be judged on titles only, in my mind. A Big 12 title, even though it will be their third one under Self, will mean nothing.

WilliamTheIrish
02-27-2007, 06:18 PM
I agree with a lot of what you said, especially the first paragraph, but I got blasted for having a similar sentiment last year after KU lost to Bradley...

Really? Who on this site blasted you for that?

leviw
02-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Really? Who on this site blasted you for that?

This:
I just don't see what the difference is between losing in the first round and losing in the Sweet 16?

If the goal at KU is championships, then why do we still put Roy on such a pedistal?

Spawned these and more, but here are some of my favorites

I would say it really sucks to be you then.

There are a lot of great programs who have done a lot of good things and not won a title but in your world that doesn't matter they are in the same place as the bottom feeders becuase they don't have a national title? This is college basketball.

Boy, you ain't to sharp are ya?

Theres a huge difference. First of all, Roy never lost in the first round. When Roy lost in the tourney he never lost to shitty teams like Bucknell or Bradley. He lost to teams like Syracuse, Kentucky, Duke, Illinois, Maryland, Arizona, which are all powerhouse teams, which sucks, but is understandable. Even that Rhode Island team was good with Lamar Odom and co. Can anyone name a player that was on Bucknell's squad last year? Can anyone before tonite name a player or two on Bradley's squad? Point is, is that Roy won the games against the smaller teams that are supposed to be like Warm-up games. On the sidelines you could see Self tonite just shrieking in terror, watching another 1st round nightmare happen before his eyes. He didnt know what to do. He was whining to the refs more than Kelvin Sampson ever has in a single game. Im tired of this hi-low shit. This team is physically made to run the transition offense. Sasha Kaun cant play basketball. I still wonder why Jackson doesnt start over him. Self's job should be on the line. A fire needs to be lit under his ass. No more "this is his team now" talk. These may be freshman, but they are the best freshman in the country. At this point they are sophomores.

WilliamTheIrish
02-27-2007, 06:59 PM
This:

Spawned these and more, but here are some of my favorites

Holy cow!!

Those are pretty good. Zach has a Zen like aura to his life where he doesn't feel the highs and lows. Comes with being a Mizzou/Mo.St fan.

CoMo's was pretty good. I didn't realize that his hate of Kaun went back to last year. He's consistent at least. Although, if you're a fan of CBB and didn't know the names of Sommerville and O'Bryant, then you fall in the total dumbass category.

How could anybody not know those two guys?

leviw
02-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Holy cow!!

Those are pretty good. Zach has a Zen like aura to his life where he doesn't feel the highs and lows. Comes with being a Mizzou/Mo.St fan.

CoMo's was pretty good. I didn't realize that his hate of Kaun went back to last year. He's consistent at least. Although, if you're a fan of CBB and didn't know the names of Sommerville and O'Bryant, then you fall in the total dumbass category.

How could anybody not know those two guys?

I'm sure there's a good percentage of people on this board who call themselves college basketball fans that didn't know either one. Plus, it helped his argument to say no one did.

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Is tonights KSU-OSU game on TV? If so, what channel?

leviw
02-27-2007, 07:35 PM

ESPN+

Check your local affiliates.

Al Czervik
02-27-2007, 07:37 PM

Its on in KC, channel 8 KCMI on TWC.......

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 07:47 PM
ESPN+

Check your local affiliates.
It doesn't appear to be on the Tulsa stations. I guess they don't think much of KSU.

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm sure there's a good percentage of people on this board who call themselves college basketball fans that didn't know either one. Plus, it helped his argument to say no one did.
I love "college basketball fans".

Did I tell you about the "college basketball fan" that approached me at my office on Monday?

"How was that K-State game on Saturday?" (in a smug, "college basketball fan" way)

Me: "What?"

Him: "You know, the K-State game!!"

Me: "What about it?"

Him: "Here, let me do an impression." He then acted out the "Pasco Fiasco".

Me: "LOL. That happened in 2003."

Him: "NO WAY! I saw it during the KU game!"

ArrowheadHawk
02-27-2007, 07:51 PM
per J-Whit

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/16784259.htm

I went to this prep game yesterday and was in awe of this kids ability to get elevation and shoot. Reminds me alot of 'Melo with his length and frame, but is probably a better shooter. Anyways, he will likely stick around for one year and then go league, regardless of what he is saying. I'd be a fool to think otherwise...but damn, just to have him around for one year will be awesome.

Anyways, here is a small little highlight video from his warmups yesterday. No highlights from the game yet :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntF7Lv7XtU until he shows otherwise im going to say that Paul Pierce was the best player since Danny Manning

WilliamTheIrish
02-27-2007, 08:03 PM
CoMoChief
Even that Rhode Island team was good with Lamar Odom and co.

Except that RI team didn't have Lamar Odom. Odom had transferred to RI from UNLV and sat out that season. He played in 98/99 season, then declared.

leviw
02-27-2007, 08:05 PM
I love "college basketball fans".

Did I tell you about the "college basketball fan" that approached me at my office on Monday?

"How was that K-State game on Saturday?" (in a smug, "college basketball fan" way)

Me: "What?"

Him: "You know, the K-State game!!"

Me: "What about it?"

Him: "Here, let me do an impression." He then acted out the "Pasco Fiasco".

Me: "LOL. That happened in 2003."

Him: "NO WAY! I saw it during the KU game!"

Embarrassing.

Demonpenz
02-27-2007, 08:05 PM
uhhh lamar odom wasn't on that RI team

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Except that RI team didn't have Lamar Odom. Odom had transferred to RI from UNLV and sat out that season. He played in 98/99 season, then declared.
"college basketball fans".

CoMoChief
02-27-2007, 09:02 PM
until he shows otherwise im going to say that Paul Pierce was the best player since Danny Manning

Sorry but Kirk Hinrich is the best player KU has had since Danny Manning. In fact if I were to make an All-time KU team all 3 of them would be starting on it.

White
Hinrich
Pierce
Manning
Wilt

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Sorry but Kirk Hinrich is the best player KU has had since Danny Manning. In fact if I were to make an All-time KU team all 3 of them would be starting on it.

White
Hinrich
Pierce
Manning
Wilt
Collison was way up there with Hinrich as well.

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 09:08 PM
"college basketball fans".
Hey, Saul, who is your all time K-State BB team?

CoMoChief
02-27-2007, 09:11 PM

Wasnt it the 98-99 season when KU lost to RI? Sorry if I can't remember. Aren't these the teams in the last decade KU has lost to in the NCAA's? I may be wrong I did this off the top of my head.

2005-06 Bradley (I knew who O'Bryant was, other than that ???)
2004-05 Bucknell (???? **** you Self for losing this chicken shit game)
2003-04 Georgia Tech (Jarret Jack, Big Aussie ****er, etc)
2002-03 Syracuse (Melo, Jerry I ****ing hate McNamara, Warrick, etc)
2001-02 Maryland (Dixon, Baxter, etc)
2000-01 Illinois (Williams, Cook)
1999-00 Duke (Jason Williams, Battier, Boozer, Dunleavy, etc)
1998-99 Rhode Island (Odom?)
1997-98 Arizona (Simon, Bibby, Jefferson)
1996-97 Syracuse (John Wallace?)

CoMoChief
02-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Collison was way up there with Hinrich as well.

True. Him and LaFrentz would switch out. :p

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey, Saul, who is your all time K-State BB team?
I can tell you it wouldn't include a single one of these pussies who are on the court right now.

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I can tell you it wouldn't include a single one of these pussies who are on the court right now.
No, they would have to be from the Winter-Hartman-Kruger era. Bob Boozer would probably be on it. I saw a story where he wanted to go to KU but Wilt was there. Or was that Jack Parr?

Saulbadguy
02-27-2007, 09:26 PM
No, they would have to be from the Winter-Hartman-Kruger era. Bob Boozer would probably be on it. I saw a story where he wanted to go to KU but Wilt was there. Or was that Jack Paar?
Boozer, Rolando, Mitch, Evans, Williams

the Talking Can
02-27-2007, 09:28 PM

White
Hinrich
Pierce
Manning
Wilt

Hinrich over Valentine?

ROYC75
02-27-2007, 09:49 PM

White
Hinrich
Pierce
Manning
Wilt

The obvious selections, now play against these other Hawks ........

White vs Darnell Valentine
Hinrich vs Aaron Miles
Pierce vs Calvin Thompson
Manning vs Nick Collison
Wilt vs Clyde Lovellette

You are matching players strenght against players strength.......FTR record, you also can select another team of ........

Raef LaFrentz
Dave Robisch
Bud Stallworth
Ron Kellogg
Jaque Vaughn

How the hell could you not want any of those 3 teams ?

Here is the All Time team .......

All-time Jayhawk team:
Wilt Chamberlain, C
Jo Jo White, G
Paul Pierce, G
Clyde Lovellette, F
Danny Manning, F

http://6news.kusports.com/basketball/all_time_best/

DJay23
02-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Wasnt it the 98-99 season when KU lost to RI? Sorry if I can't remember. Aren't these the teams in the last decade KU has lost to in the NCAA's? I may be wrong I did this off the top of my head.

2005-06 Bradley (I knew who O'Bryant was, other than that ???)
2004-05 Bucknell (???? **** you Self for losing this chicken shit game)
2003-04 Georgia Tech (Jarret Jack, Big Aussie ****er, etc)
2002-03 Syracuse (Melo, Jerry I ****ing hate McNamara, Warrick, etc)
2001-02 Maryland (Dixon, Baxter, etc)
2000-01 Illinois (Williams, Cook)
1999-00 Duke (Jason Williams, Battier, Boozer, Dunleavy, etc)
1998-99 Rhode Island (Odom?)
1997-98 Arizona (Simon, Bibby, Jefferson)
1996-97 Syracuse (John Wallace?)
You're missing a year in there. Syracuse was 95-96 and Arizona was 96-97. I think URI was 97-98. I think we lost to Kentucky in 98-99.

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 11:12 PM
The obvious selections, now play against these other Hawks ........

White vs Darnell Valentine
Hinrich vs Aaron Miles
Pierce vs Calvin Thompson
Manning vs Nick Collison
Wilt vs Clyde Lovellette

You are matching players strenght against players strength.......FTR record, you also can select another team of ........

Raef LaFrentz
Dave Robisch
Bud Stallworth
Ron Kellogg
Jaque Vaughn

How the hell could you not want any of those 3 teams ?

Here is the All Time team .......

All-time Jayhawk team:
Wilt Chamberlain, C
Jo Jo White, G
Paul Pierce, G
Clyde Lovellette, F
Danny Manning, F

http://6news.kusports.com/basketball/all_time_best/
I'd take either Collison or LaFrentz over Lovellete. Clyde was a big slow white boy who played against much smaller players. Nick and Raef would smoke him. Raef is two inches taller and Nick is 30 lbs. heavier.

ROYC75
02-27-2007, 11:54 PM
I'd take either Collison or LaFrentz over Lovellete. Clyde was a big slow white boy who played against much smaller players. Nick and Raef would smoke him. Raef is two inches taller and Nick is 30 lbs. heavier.

I agree, this wasn't my pick, it's from the KU site. Clyde wins this because he carried the team on his back to a championship just Manning did . Clyde did hold his own against bigger players in the paint.

Alot of people give Manning the credit on that 88 team, but we had to have the right chemistry around him to do so. It wasn't until Milt Newton was inserted in the lineup and came alive is when KU started to put it together.

BWillie
02-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Michael Beasley huh? Ya right. I nominate Greg freaking Ostertag as the best player to hit the state of Kansas.

http://www.beckett.com/images/pgitems/4693870801.jpg

He's ferocious. Ostertag vs. a Grizzley bear. I'd pick the Tag to win hands down.

Braincase
02-28-2007, 06:30 AM
Michael Beasley huh? Ya right. I nominate Greg freaking Ostertag as the best player to hit the state of Kansas.

http://www.beckett.com/images/pgitems/4693870801.jpg

He's ferocious. Ostertag vs. a Grizzley bear. I'd pick the Tag to win hands down.

Tag would kick bear ass with one kidney tied behind his back.

ROYC75
02-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Tag would kick bear ass with one kidney tied behind his back.

Naw, Big Tag would hold the kidney out in front of the bear as bait, then with one mighty hand and the look of those teeth, the bear would run away in horror never to be seen again hibernating in his cave till his death.