PDA

View Full Version : Metro Sports: Chief vets went to Carl and said trade LJ

Pages : [1] 2

BigRedChief
02-27-2007, 12:05 AM
From another board. Anyone else see this?

Watching the Metro Sports Zone commentary by Dave Stewart tonight here is what he said(NOT ME)
Chiefs vets went to management at the end of the season and suggested that the team would be better off trading Johnson because of poor team chemistry.

He said that one veteran lineman said that he would rather retire than to block for Johnson another year.

At the Pro Bowl, Johnson supposedly said that he would not mind a trade to either the Jets (he has an apartment in NY) or the Browns because of his fascination with Jim Brown.

02-27-2007, 12:08 AM
If any of that is true, trade him.

Wa-Z
02-27-2007, 12:09 AM
What Allen and Johsnson? Eh...I don't think the Chiefs would be that dumb to let him go.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2007, 12:11 AM
I find that very hard to believe. LJ has always given major props to his offensive line.

leviw
02-27-2007, 12:12 AM
His career won't last more than 2-3 more years, anyway. Get a first rounder while you can. The re-building year or two are here, you might as well go all out.

You have to be bad before you can get good.

nychief
02-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Who cares... the O Line was old and shitty. Bring in fresh linemen.

Demonpenz
02-27-2007, 12:13 AM
i wonder if we will get someone who can block scott fujita

BigRedChief
02-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Where there's smoke there is probably fire. Reports of LJ having bad chemistry in the locker room are all over the internet and print this off season and now making it onto TV. Probably something to it. :hmmm:

StcChief
02-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Well the whole NYC. Beyonce hangin' with Rapper Bros...thing.

He's not a long term solution and wants to be with his Peps on East Coast team. NYG.NYJ,Eagles,Ravens....anywhere close by.

Realizes this was but a stepping stone in NFL career.

Sell high. now.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2007, 12:14 AM
**** all of you.

02-27-2007, 12:16 AM
**** all of you.
Keep dreaming.

BigRedChief
02-27-2007, 12:17 AM
What Allen and Johsnson? Eh...I don't think the Chiefs would be that dumb to let him go.
2 1st's and 2 3rd's for Allen and Johnson? We would defintely be in the rebuilding years.

teedubya
02-27-2007, 12:18 AM
This makes more sense than getting rid of Jared DUIAllen

Rausch
02-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Tell those vets to STFU and STFD.

The only vets on this team will be retitirng this year and everyone else isn't half the man of the one in front of him leaving.

LJ wants the same thing Marvin Harrison wanted only he's ****ing MIDWEST enough to stand up for himself and say when he's unhappy. He knows it's one thing to carry the load and quite another to be asked to face the Normandy of*the NFL playoffs without any help or spark.

Well, he was. The base plan didn't work. Honestly, Baltimore and KC both should be looking at why they lost and looking even harder at what changes they should have made because Indi had no business in the super bowl.

Indi pulled a NE and went in on desire alone...

BigRock
02-27-2007, 12:20 AM
He said that one veteran lineman said that he would rather retire than to block for Johnson another year.

"You gotta get rid of him, Carl! He's making me look bad, not being able to get past the guys I should be blocking. I'm just about to get paid in free agency, and people are starting to say that I'm a crappy left tackle!"

If any of this was true, I doubt Carl would come out and volunteer to give LJ a new deal that he hasn't even asked for. Unless the vets were Hicks and Sims.

BigRedChief
02-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Who could have said this?
Shields? No way. Too classy a guy
Waters? He's been outspoken in the locker room?
Weigman? Possible?
Black, Sveteck = no way
Bet it was Turley

tk13
02-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Maybe our O-linemen just quit on him this year. That would actually explain a lot.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Maybe our O-linemen just quit on him this year. That would actually explain a lot.

I think that's a load of crap. We ran all over the Jaguars in the regular season finale.

Hammock Parties
Who could have said this?
Shields? No way. Too classy a guy
Waters? He's been outspoken in the locker room?
Weigman? Possible?
Black, Sveteck = no way
Bet it was Turley

NO ONE SAID IT.

It's complete bullshit. Rhonda Moss at work most likely.

leviw

Untalented + quitting = Performance against Indy.

tk13
02-27-2007, 12:31 AM
I think that's a load of crap. We ran all over the Jaguars in the regular season finale.
Then we turned around and got shut down by the worst run defense in the history of playoff football.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Then we turned around and got shut down by the worst run defense in the history of playoff football.

Yeah. I really don't think anyone quit on LJ. It was just a bad game by an inconsistent road football team.

Rausch
02-27-2007, 12:33 AM

Or everything...

Mecca
02-27-2007, 12:34 AM
2 1st's and 2 3rd's for Allen and Johnson? We would defintely be in the rebuilding years.

You wouldn't get more than 1 #1 for Johnson just because of his position. And Cleveland in no way parts with #4 for him....You might get the Jets 1 though....

I've been on the trade him wagon for awhile......people disagree, I see people are coming around.

BigRock
02-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Did they quit on Trent, too? Or was that just because they suck?

Hammock Parties
02-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Did they quit on Trent, too? Or was that just because they suck?

Hey man I hear the wide receivers quit on LJ too...only explanation for their dropsies.

So did Tynes...and the coaching staff.

02-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Hey man I hear the wide receivers quit on LJ too...only explanation for their dropsies.

So did Tynes...and the coaching staff.
They quit on the fans for crying out loud. Dem bastards.

Rausch
02-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Yeah. I really don't think anyone quit on LJ. It was just a bad game by an inconsistent road football team.

And I think it was a hodge-podge of dog$#it offensive lineman.

Much as I hate to say it Huard was our Deberg - the perfect smashmouth offense for this year. LJ was just brutal. Moody, but fan-friggen-tastic in the right situations. He's no Holmes but damned if he didn't try to be.

Green just kept coming*in and trying to create something that wasn't there. I love the guy, but our offense is now about*seeing what's open and not turning the ball*over, THEN*creating opportunities. Take what's there and wait for*the 2 or 3 KO blows a game passing. IF we go down early he pushes and tries to make a play that's not there.

Green is pushing...

Eleazar
02-27-2007, 12:50 AM
Well, he did only have 2000 total yards this year.

dj56dt58
02-27-2007, 12:58 AM
k...LJ>our entire offensive line combined

LJ is our offense. Other than Waters and Tony G the rest can leave as far as i'm concerned

Mecca
02-27-2007, 01:00 AM
k...LJ>our entire offensive line combined

LJ is our offense. Other than Waters and Tony G the rest can leave as far as i'm concerned

That's bad considering RB is an easier position to replace.....and LJ has limited years remaining due to his carry load.

SPchief
02-27-2007, 01:04 AM
That's bad considering RB is an easier position to replace.....and LJ has limited years remaining due to his carry load.

I wish I could see into the future and see how many years LJ has left like you can.

Rausch
02-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Well, he did only have 2000 total yards this year.

What a puzzy, cut him now...

Rausch
02-27-2007, 01:06 AM
I wish could see into the future and see how many years LJ left like you can.

I'm just glad I'm much better at posting drunk...

:)

Reaper16
02-27-2007, 01:06 AM
The entire AFC West is falling apart. ROFL

Mecca
02-27-2007, 01:07 AM
I wish could see into the future and see how many years LJ left like you can.

Just going off the history of guys who carry the ball that many times. And RB is a position that generally doesn't last as long as others while being easier to replace.

Rausch
02-27-2007, 01:08 AM
The entire AFC West is falling apart. ROFL

Just because the Faiders and Chokers are placed where they belong?

SPchief
02-27-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm just glad I'm much better at posting drunk...

:)

Wow that is bad. And I'm not even drunk. I fixed it though.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2007, 01:12 AM
If the Chiefs won the Super Bowl, Mecca would start bitching about our low draft pick.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Rumors of a trade to the Giants have been swirling since the end of the season. With Tiki gone-they have been getting louder.

Chiefs receive a 1st and 4th this year and a 3rd next.

Mecca
02-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Rumors of a trade to the Giants have been swirling since the end of the season. With Tiki gone-they have been getting louder.

If that actually happened that would be pretty good value for a RB.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 01:19 AM
If that actually happened that would be pretty good value for a RB.

Only problem is we won't have a RB- and if we trade away LJ and his 500 touches a year (exagerated but not by much) What the hell would we do?? He was our entire offense last year-even with a suck ass line.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Giants don't have that high of a pick anyway??? Where do they draft??

02-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Giants don't have that high of a pick anyway??? Where do they draft??
ABout the same as us I would think.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 01:21 AM

He didn't run angry last year though.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2007, 01:23 AM

So, 2,300 yards next year if he does?

02-27-2007, 01:24 AM
WE need Priest to come back and all the fans to say that Priest>LJ again. That would have to work.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 01:25 AM
ABout the same as us I would think.

Yep so we would give up the second best RB in the NFL for a prospect?? I don't think Carl will ever trade LJ-no matter how much he wants out of here.

Keep him on his current crappy contract and work his legs off, like I did my first girlfriend.

He will be pissed and hopefully start hitting dudes with power again.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 01:28 AM
So, 2,300 yards next year if he does?

Behind our shitty line?? Very doubtful-I wasn't trying to insinuate LJ was not productive-he had an amazing year. But if you compare tape-he used to make guys pay to tackle him-that seemed to be missing last year. He got owned in the Playoffs too-mostly due to Horrendous play calling, but there were several post saying LJ did not have his heart in that game.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 01:31 AM
WE need Priest to come back and all the fans to say that Priest>LJ again. That would have to work.

I just got off the phone with PH-he said LJ better shut his big fuggin mouth and he is coming back to steal his job.

This is not true but please pass it onto LJ-It couldn't hurt-lol

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2007, 02:29 AM
Yep so we would give up the second best RB in the NFL for a prospect?? I don't think Carl will ever trade LJ-no matter how much he wants out of here.

Keep him on his current crappy contract and work his legs off, like I did my first girlfriend.

You made your first girlfriend sign a crappy contract?

oaklandhater
02-27-2007, 02:50 AM
If the Chiefs won the Super Bowl, Mecca would start bitching about our low draft pick.

I dont understand why you guys give mecca so much shit for speaking the truth.

02-27-2007, 03:18 AM
You made your first girlfriend sign a crappy contract?
ROFL Now that was funny.

kcxiv
02-27-2007, 03:30 AM
Haha, i think a few of the oline got butthurt, cuase he said its like running into a brick wall.

Then again, i dont know if anyone said that. IF someone is going to tell a media person something like that, they need to man up come out and say it. People that say that shit behind someones back, and leak stuff like that are pussies.

Mecca
02-27-2007, 03:32 AM
I dont understand why you guys give mecca so much shit for speaking the truth.

Because it's easy because some of my opinions are contrary to popular opinion.

For what Halfcan said.......Bennetts still here and you can find productive RB's all throughout the draft. We aren't a bowl team now so we shouldn't be overly worried about next year but where we are in 2-3 years.

kcxiv
02-27-2007, 03:32 AM
Just because the Faiders and Chokers are placed where they belong?
By Chokers you are referring to the Chiefs right? i dont know a team that chokes anymore then we do. lol

kcxiv
02-27-2007, 03:35 AM

yeah for Willis.

kcxiv
02-27-2007, 03:36 AM
He ran more upset, cuase our Oline suddenly became the Texans oline.

Pants
02-27-2007, 03:36 AM

2003 Priest > LJ at any point as of now. But that's just my opinion . Priest did have a much better O Line, though..

Mecca
02-27-2007, 03:43 AM
2003 Priest > LJ at any point as of now. But that's just my opinion . Priest did have a much better O Line, though..

Well....better blocker, better reciever.......he was also smart enough to not shoot his mouth off and make half the team hate him...so at tihs point Priest is probably a better guy to have around when he can play.

02-27-2007, 03:48 AM
Well....better blocker, better reciever.......he was also smart enough to not shoot his mouth off and make half the team hate him...so at tihs point Priest is probably a better guy to have around when he can play.

I agree with that. Course, the fact that Priest was never around while he didn't play always bugged me.

NewChief
02-27-2007, 05:33 AM
Heh.

BigRedChief
02-27-2007, 07:42 AM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Halfcan

Chiefs receive a 1st and 4th this year and a 3rd next. <HR SIZE=1>

I'd take that considering the rumors "supposely" coming out of the locker room about the chemistry in there.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2007, 07:44 AM
Crap. I knew he was a workhorse, but I didn't know he went to actual vets.

plbrdude
02-27-2007, 07:50 AM
where's the love for dee brown????????

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
02-27-2007, 07:59 AM
I say trade him and get maximum value for him. This team is not going to do anything until there is a mini rebuild at the very least. Way too many holes to fill and if Johnson is here or not the Chiefs are not going to compete for anything next year.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2007, 08:07 AM
where's the love for dee brown????????It deserves to die, and I hope it burns in hell!

booger
02-27-2007, 08:29 AM
If KC would shop LJ they would have their share of offers.

I'd take either:

Clevelands #3 overall. They are desperate for offense. Especially a RB. They want Adrian Peterson who isn't exactly Mr. Durable. Crennel is a lame duck coach, their GM Phil Savage is rumored to be on the hot seat, and it would be a huge boost for ticket sales.

@ # 3 we could take the GTech WR or Joe Thomas, listen to offers to trade back. Tampa would have a fit if they thought we would take the WR. They love him. We could probably pry a 3rd from them to move up 1 spot and still get the LT.

Giants: I'd start out trying to get their first, a third, and Brandon Jacobs. I'd take that.

Pittsburgh: Where LJ is from, they are looking for a big back this offseason, rumored to anyway. I'd take a first and Willie Parker and try to get a 4th as well.

Dallas: You just know Jerry Jones would crap himself if he thought he could aquire LJ. I'd take a first, fourth, and Marion Barber any day.

That's four just off the top of my head.
Carl's too proud of drafting him to consider it though.

CupidStunt
02-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Gettin' kind of sick of it all, to be honest, and I love LJ.

But as for trading, don't even kid yourself that we'd get the NUMBER 3 overall! Hahahahaha. It'd take our first pick, LJ and maybe more.

Which, now we're talking about it, I'd do instantly. A straight swap -- Johnson for Joe Thomas or the best quarterback available -- would please me immensely.

booger
02-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Normally I'd say no frickin way.

But I bet Cleveland would consider it with their need for a top back and Peterson while being a big time prospect is also injury prone. Something LJ is not. Not yet anyway.

Archie Bunker
02-27-2007, 09:08 AM
I didn't see 1 offensive lineman play well enough this year to be crying about LJ. If the washed up vets like Green, Shields, Weigman don't like him then get rid of THEM.

The Chiefs offense - LJ = 2006 Raiders

Brock
02-27-2007, 09:13 AM
I didn't see 1 offensive lineman play well enough this year to be crying about LJ. If the washed up vets like Green, Shields, Weigman don't like him then get rid of THEM.

The Chiefs offense - LJ = 2006 Raiders

Though I don't like the way Johnson is carrying himself, I agree. If this is what passes for leadership in the locker room, it's time for some new leadership.

Stinger
02-27-2007, 09:15 AM
where's the love for dee brown????????

He fumbled it away

NewChief
02-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Though I don't like the way Johnson is carrying himself, I agree. If this is what passes for leadership in the locker room, it's time for some new leadership.

What if the players have been trying all year to get the issue addressed and the FO and coaching staff have refused to do anything? At some point, you know the players are going to start leaking stuff to the media out of frustration. We're at that point. Expect to hear more and more of this throughout the year unless something is done.

Archie Bunker
02-27-2007, 09:35 AM
What if the players have been trying all year to get the issue addressed and the FO and coaching staff have refused to do anything? At some point, you know the players are going to start leaking stuff to the media out of frustration. We're at that point. Expect to hear more and more of this throughout the year unless something is done.

All this team does is cry about LJ, cry about coaching, cry about contracts. I'm sick of it.

ROYC75
02-27-2007, 09:50 AM
WTF, You mean LJ's vagina is flapping again ?

NewChief
02-27-2007, 09:52 AM
All this team does is cry about LJ, cry about coaching, cry about contracts. I'm sick of it.

I can understand that. I think a lot of what you're seeing is general discontent from the Vermeil-era veterans. If the team is truly going to move on and wholly embrace Herm's style of coaching, then it may be time to get rid of the veterans. They may not ever really be happy, and maybe LJ is serving as the focus for their general malaise.

That being said, all of those veterans on the offensive line are quality, character guys. If they've got a problem with LJ, maybe there actually is some issue with him?

Anyway, I understand Chief's fans desires to push a youth movement. It's an inevitable step if the team is ever going to make a run, so I can see how easy it is to just dismiss the veterans and embrace LJ instead.

Direckshun
02-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Well they barely blocked for him last year, so they can pretty much bite me.

Anonymous sources are crap. I always assume they're made up.

jspchief
02-27-2007, 09:59 AM
LJ has been a malcontent from day 1. He's reminding more and more of Terrell Owens... exceptional talent paired with a terrible personality.

Personally I'm pretty tired of LJ's act. He's an asshole. And after this last year it appears that he's not all that exceptional without a Pro Bowl O-line in front of him.

I put a lot of stock into team chemistry. It's easy to say "get rid of the old guys" but what makes anyone think the new guys we bring in are going to have any more success getting along with a redass like LJ?

Pushead2
02-27-2007, 10:05 AM
All this LJ junk is annoying..... sh*t or get off the pot for the Chiefs.

booger
02-27-2007, 10:13 AM

If he's that much of a problem, he should be traded. Or at least not extended until it is addressed. He's one of Carl's Son's you know. Just like Tony G and Derrick Thomas was.

I don't see Shields as the bitching type. Wiegmann either, but I'm sure he isn't happy about possibly being pushed into retirement ( rumor, just speculation ) because he doesn't fit the offense, even though he has been considering playing only a couple more years when DV was still here. Kennison, Parker, and Hall were pissed that the passing game went away. Green never seemed to transition to the change in offensive philosophy. I'm sure Gonzalez is just fine when he gets his catches and doesn't have to pass block all game.

So I see where LJ can be a distraction, but I'm sure alot of the frustrations with offensive vets has lots to do with no more DV, Saunders, TRich, Roaf, etc and all the other changes as well.

I can't see why he would be a pain in the ass to players on defense other than the cell phones in the meetings and such, which is bad enough.

If they trade him it should be because he doesn't seem to put much effort in his pass blocking or pass routes for that matter, he doesn't seem to want to stay in KC, or we just can't afford his new rich upcoming contract. Not this other stuff.

the Talking Can
02-27-2007, 10:13 AM
our team is so shitty

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Chiefs will probally get rid of him after I bought his jersey recently. But heck if we can get #3 pick from Cleveland for LJ, good Lord that would be nice. But actually if the Giants offer a 1st and 4th with a 3rd next year, I would do it in a heart beat.

Bowser
02-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't want to see what has amounted to 80% of our offense be traded, but I would laugh if we traded him to the shithole that is Cleveland.

I still stand by my original statement regarding LJ being a malcontent and a lockerroom cancer - trade him to Green Bay and let him have fun in small town America.

GoHuge
02-27-2007, 10:27 AM
I say trade him and get maximum value for him. This team is not going to do anything until there is a mini rebuild at the very least. Way too many holes to fill and if Johnson is here or not the Chiefs are not going to compete for anything next year. I agree, just ship him out because where not going anywhere anytime soon. The O-line has to be re-built, we have no recievers, quarterback is a big question, so just ship him off and get max value out of him.

Teams that have traded a RB for a player or pick have usually come out on the better end, Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis. These malcontents like LJ and Jared Allen are going to be nothing but a distraction, especially if the Chiefs start losing next year. There is something to this story and the Chiefs need to start over from the ground up anyway. Like many have stated above there is no way Carl trades LJ because he is a "Carl guy." Carl's ego is much more important to him than the teams performance.

Just like Tony G, Carl wants to say that "he drafted LJ and look how great he is and look how great I am for drafting him." It's about Carl's legacy. He hasn't learned at all from singing these old guys like Priest and Trent to long term deals. LJ is going to cause all kinds of team chemistry problems and if you look at history of running backs that get as many carries as LJ, he's going to be broken down in a couple of years. He'll be another beat up guy that is kicking our ass in the salary cap.

LJ isn't winning us the Superbowl by himself. His supporting cast is getting worse by the year and it sounds like none of them want to play with him anyway. So ship him off and get some talent in return. His bitching and whining, some of which is valid is just going to get worse, louder, and be an even bigger distraction. Give him time and he's going to be as big a pain in the ass as Randy Moss and TO.

Archie Bunker
02-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I can understand that. I think a lot of what you're seeing is general discontent from the Vermeil-era veterans. If the team is truly going to move on and wholly embrace Herm's style of coaching, then it may be time to get rid of the veterans. They may not ever really be happy, and maybe LJ is serving as the focus for their general malaise..

If that's the case then they need to be let go. Herm should be allowed to bring in guys that will fight for him and not against him. Every coach deserves that. Herm will be here 3 more years and if some of the players aren't willing to accept that then they have no business on this team.

That being said, all of those veterans on the offensive line are quality, character guys. If they've got a problem with LJ, maybe there actually is some issue with him?.

LJ probably is the problem but I tend to side with one of the few players on offense that actually earned his paycheck. I don't have a problem with trading him if a good deal comes along but if it is done to make a few aging vets that won't be around in 2-3 yrs happy I have a problem with that.

Anyway, I understand Chief's fans desires to push a youth movement. It's an inevitable step if the team is ever going to make a run, so I can see how easy it is to just dismiss the veterans and embrace LJ instead.

It's way past time for one. This team needs to trim the fat and the players that are unhappy and start over.

Rain Man
02-27-2007, 10:48 AM
I heard that William Bartee went in to Carl's office and said about LJ, "It's either him or me."

Fire Me Boy!
02-27-2007, 10:52 AM
So I see where LJ can be a distraction, but I'm sure alot of the frustrations with offensive vets has lots to do with no more DV, Saunders, TRich, Roaf, etc and all the other changes as well.
Or the fact that for the past five years the offense has been the side of the ball winning games and they got castrated last year.

Iowanian
02-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Johnson is a meltdown, TO issue waiting to happen.

He doesn't appear to be a team player, isn't said to be good for chemistry, doesn't pass block well.....If he were sent down the road to aquire draft picks, I wouldn't blink an eye.

The team needs a youth movement, and if trading him helps speed up that process, so be it.

Rain Man
02-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I thought you were supposed to trade old people in a youth movement.

All the way with LBJ.

Iowanian
02-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Its about aquiring more draft picks....replacing 1 malcontent with 2 first day picks for me.

If the Chiefs didn't have as many holes to fill and so many aged players, I'd probably not be of the same mind. I don't think 1 player is the difference any longer.....Its time to gut this fish ala NO last year and have 30-35 new players on the roster IMO.

Mr. Laz
02-27-2007, 11:58 AM
You wouldn't get more than 1 #1 for Johnson just because of his position. And Cleveland in no way parts with #4 for him....You might get the Jets 1 though..

if he isn't worth a #1 in trade then he isn't worth a new big contract.

Tribal Warfare
02-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Okay lets say we did trade LJ to the Browns, and Allen to the Bengals for first round picks and get #3 and the # 18 picks in the draft. This is what I believe will happen if it's a total rebuilding phase.
KC will pick Calvin Johnson at the #3 spot, and then trade up with #18 and #23 picks for Levi Brown. The other option is keep #18 pick , and attain a top flight CB then trade down to the end of the 1st round, and pickup Brian Leonard. This is of course is the scenario if everything has to a shittier place with the relations to players that we don't know about.

Mr. Laz
02-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Okay lets say we did trade LJ to the Browns, and Allen to the Bengals for first round picks and get #3 and the # 18 picks in the draft. This is what I believe will happen if it's a total rebuilding phase.
KC will pick Calvin Johnson at the #3 spot, and then trade up with #18 and #23 picks for Levi Brown. The other option is keep #18 pick , and attain a top flight CB then trade down to the end of the 1st round, and pickup Brian Leonard. This is of course is the scenario if everything has to a shittier place with the relations to players that we don't know about.

who would Herman Edwards make better use of:

calvin johnson and levi brown

or

Larry johnson and Jared Allen

Sully
02-27-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm not saying I'm there, yet. But I could easily be coaxed onto the "trade LJ" bandwagon.

Tribal Warfare
02-27-2007, 12:06 PM

or

the other scenario is Calvin Johnson, top flight DB like Revis, and trade down at the end of the 1st for Brian Leonard

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2007, 12:19 PM

Another scenario would be:
Tampa Bay jumping to Detroit's spot for Johnson, we take Joe Thomas, Cincy's spot take Dwayne Jarrett, and our spot get the BPA for defense.

Tribal Warfare
02-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Another scenario would be:
Tampa Bay jumping to Detroit's spot for Johnson, we take Joe Thomas, Cincy's spot take Dwayne Jarrett, and our spot get the BPA for defense.

true, but I didn't factor in other possible trades by other teams :D

The defense thing could be either Willis or Dameyion Hughes, but then their would be a huge hole at RB. Hence, my suggestion to trade down for Leonard.

supercoupe91
02-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Let's trade his ass away before his bigotry runs rampant through our team. We can't trade him to the Jets, they have a white coach.

Off to Cleveland you go, jackass. Enjoy getting run into the ground.

splatbass
02-27-2007, 01:01 PM
You wouldn't get more than 1 #1 for Johnson just because of his position. And Cleveland in no way parts with #4 for him....You might get the Jets 1 though....

I've been on the trade him wagon for awhile......people disagree, I see people are coming around.

Who do you think that we could get with that #1 that would help us as much as LJ? I think there is a 50/50 chance that CP would draft the next Trezell Jenkins or Percy Snow. His draft history isn't exactly stellar. Would you give up LJ for someone like them?

Dave Lane
02-27-2007, 01:02 PM
This is just Herm pulling the team together...

Dave

GoHuge
02-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Who do you think that we could get with that #1 that would help us as much as LJ? I think there is a 50/50 chance that CP would draft the next Trezell Jenkins or Percy Snow. His draft history isn't exactly stellar. Would you give up LJ for someone like them?I'm all for trading LJ for a 1st round pick but as you stated with Carl pulling the trigger on draft day who knows what we would end up with. Is it going to be a good pick or will we have another Sims, Freeman, or Saivii deal? I hope Herm and his guys can help out with the draft and scouting. I'm sick of the swings and misses by the Chiefs on the first day. It has been better with DJ and Hali the last couple of years but Carl isn't that many years removed from the big time, catastrophe, hack job, all world first round f*ck ups.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-27-2007, 01:20 PM
So this is how Jordan Black is selling himself to other teams. Not bad

bringbackmarty
02-27-2007, 01:56 PM

or

Long term, CJ and Brown, no question.
Next year or two, Probably allen and lj.

Otter
02-27-2007, 02:08 PM
I'd love to know where LJ gets the thug attitude from.

The guy went to high school and college in ****ing happy Happy Valley Pennsylvania. If you were to make a Leave it to Beaver II that is where you would film it.

That's really the name too "Happy Valley PA" look it up.

Reality check in need.

FringeNC
02-27-2007, 02:13 PM
If veterans are threatening to retire because of LJ, trade his ass. How much of a dick does someone have to be for another player to do that. Locker rooms are filled with assholes. It takes a special variety to motivate a guy to go to the GM and refuse to play on the same team.

LJ is a great runner, no doubt. I don't think he's a great running back though. He sucks in the passing game. As I mentioned in another thread, I believe that we were a better offensive team with Priest (2002-2005) than we were with Larry Johnson. Granted, that is not really a good comparison because Priest was so damn good, too. But we weren't shabby with that one guy who left for the Jets, either.

If LJ is a huge distraction, get rid of him. Don't pay him first, then realize it isn't going to work.

Problem is we won't get anything for him.

bringbackmarty
02-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Heh, we Should trade allen and LJ to the Raiders for the #1, and rd 2#1 picks,
then......

Draft Joe Thomas and a Defensive tackle, and watch them both get eaten alive in the raider games next season, here are some more highlights from those two games:

while ty law falls on his ass,

kawika runs in circles waving his arms,

Bell launches himself into the nearest guard or te and falls down,

Sims and reed alternate taking plays off,

Tamba eats whoever they start at qb again,

Dj makes 10 tackles, 2 sacks intercepts the ball, and then gets hurt trying to tie his shoe coming off the field when waters steps on his hand and breaks it.

Wesley blows the coverage on a crucial fourth quarter drive, allowing moss to cruise in for the go ahead, he then inexplicably is called for roughing the passer even though he is a good thirty yards away from anyone who touched the ball on that particular play..

Knight holds another pep talk, on the bench this time,

Kennison drops another one,

parker jumps in the air for no reason and drops another one,

Sampson pukes on gonzalez's shoe causing him to have to miss the rest of the raiders game after catching for 100 yds and 2 td's,

hall runs towards the wrong goaline,

Wiegmann pulls up on every dive up the middle,

...........and Holmes and green toast them with swing passes, and toss plays for 800 total yds and 14 td's in our only two wins for the season.

final scores

KC 56
OAK 52

OAK 0
KC 56

Buck
02-27-2007, 02:18 PM
I know a guy who works for Larry Johnson's Attorney and he says that he is a complete dick.

Kclee
02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I know a guy who works for Larry Johnson's Attorney and he says that he is a complete dick.

Larry Johnson or the attorney?

Crashride
02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
I cant believe this talk is happening again. Dont ****ing trade lj.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 02:57 PM
I don't want to see what has amounted to 80% of our offense be traded, but I would laugh if we traded him to the shithole that is Cleveland.

I still stand by my original statement regarding LJ being a malcontent and a lockerroom cancer - trade him to Green Bay and let him have fun in small town America.

ROFL Green Bay. That would be like sending him to Siberia-lol For some reason-I don't think he would have much fun at the two bars there. He could show off his bling at the Brett Favre steak house only so many times-not to mention freezing his ass off.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I am not sold on Levi Brown-half the reports say he takes plays off.

BigChiefFan
02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Trade him to the Browns and draft Adrian Peterson.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I just don't see the Browns giving up a top five pick and being able to get the best defensive player in the draft???

The Jets are shopping McGayhee-maybe they will make an offer???

Mr. Laz
02-27-2007, 03:59 PM
I just don't see the Browns giving up a top five pick and being able to get the best defensive player in the draft???

The Jets are shopping McGayhee-maybe they will make an offer???
why not ..... they are getting a sure thing pro bowler for a "possible".

the only reason you wouldn't is if you didn't need a RB or thought that Larry Johnson was damaged good because of having so many carries.

it's the KC inferiority complex ... every player we have isn't worth anything in trade. Other teams players are worth too much for us to trade for. :shrug:

htismaqe
02-27-2007, 04:09 PM
it's the KC inferiority complex ... every player we have isn't worth anything in trade. Other teams players are worth too much for us to trade for. :shrug:

LJ really ISN'T worth anything in a trade.

His position, plus his likely contract demands, make him virtually untradeable.

Buck
02-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Larry Johnson or the attorney?

Larry Johnson.

jspchief
02-27-2007, 04:18 PM
why not ..... For the same reason no one traded for Shaun Alexander.

Teams don't put that high of a premium on RBs.

Mr. Laz
02-27-2007, 04:25 PM
LJ really ISN'T worth anything in a trade.

His position, plus his likely contract demands, make him virtually untradeable.
i've yet to hear anything else about any player we have.

htismaqe
02-27-2007, 04:33 PM
i've yet to hear anything else about any player we have.

It's not unique to the Chiefs.

There's a reason that trades are relatively rare in the NFL. Players are almost always more valuable to their current team than whatever said team could get for them in a trade.

Extra Point
02-27-2007, 04:46 PM
I'd take two 2nd round and two 3rd round picks, plus the value of what we would pay him for the period left on his current contract, to trade him.

No first round picks should be traded for LJ. That's an invitation to overpayment and underperformance.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I really don't care if we trade LJ or not.

88TG88
02-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Who cares... the O Line was old and shitty. Bring in fresh linemen.
agreed

supercoupe91
02-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Draft Ugoh.

Rain Man
02-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Keep in mind that I would prefer that a player's entire career be evaluated, but I have to say that I watched part of the Senior Bowl and Ugoh was not getting it done.

mcan
02-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Uhh...

The Colts only got a 2nd and a 5th for Marshall Faulk when he was in the prime of his career. He helped the Rams win the SuperBowl and become a record setting offense for years. He was also MUCH better at running routes, and pass blocking. He was also a classy guy.

I'm thinking if we can get a 1st and 3rd from somebody we'd better do it.

As for the veterans complaining about L.J. Carl wouldn't have any clue how LJ acts when Carl isn't standing there, unless the other players spoke up about it. So, I think that if it's really that bad, it's their JOB to let somebody know. Also, think about how much money a guy like Will Shields gets in a year. If he would really rather retire (and forgo all that money) just to avoid playing with LJ, then you have to imagine that it's a TERRIBLE situation. Hard to take LJ's side on this one.

HemiEd
02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
This is just Herm pulling the team together...

Dave
ROFL

Direckshun
02-27-2007, 06:51 PM
This is just a big rumor anyway. We don't even know what happened.

milkman
02-27-2007, 07:34 PM
It wouldn't bother me in the least if LJ were traded.

But we'd be extremely lucky if we could get even a low first round pick for him.

BigRock
02-27-2007, 07:46 PM
This is just a big rumor anyway. We don't even know what happened.
Bite your tongue. Metro Sports is THE TRUTH, second only to Jack Harry. If Jack was saying it, we could put the story on stone tablets and display them outside a church.

Tribal Warfare
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM

But we'd be extremely lucky if we could get even a low first round pick for him.

I have to disagree LJ is a proven commodity with back to back 1700+yard seasons. Which would give the Browns or other front office personal in the NFL a collective boner to nabb him

milkman
02-27-2007, 08:48 PM
I have to disagree LJ is a proven commodity with back to back 1700+yard seasons. Which would give the Browns or other front office personal in the NFL a collective boner to nabb him

Shaun Alexander was a proven commodity a couple of years ago, as jsp pointed out, and there was no interest there.

There just isn't any interest for RBs on the trade market.

Bwana
02-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Don't let the door hit your gang bang'n want to be ass on the way out LJ. It would be funny as hell if he ended up a Brown.

As long as they, or anyone else is willing to shit the picks, I have no problem with it.

Skyy God
02-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Shaun Alexander was a proven commodity a couple of years ago, as jsp pointed out, and there was no interest there.

There just isn't any interest for RBs on the trade market.

I'm not sure the Shaun Alexander analogy is valid. Alexander turned 29 in 2006, the same year he was allegedly shopped and got a big contract.

milkman
02-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm not sure the Shaun Alexander analogy is valid. Alexander turned 29 in 2006, the same year he was allegedly shopped and got a big contract.

LJ is 27, and just came off a record breaking carries season.

Logical
02-27-2007, 09:46 PM
If veterans are threatening to retire because of LJ, trade his ass. How much of a dick does someone have to be for another player to do that. Locker rooms are filled with assholes. It takes a special variety to motivate a guy to go to the GM and refuse to play on the same team.

LJ is a great runner, no doubt. I don't think he's a great running back though. He sucks in the passing game. As I mentioned in another thread, I believe that we were a better offensive team with Priest (2002-2005) than we were with Larry Johnson. Granted, that is not really a good comparison because Priest was so damn good, too. But we weren't shabby with that one guy who left for the Jets, either.

If LJ is a huge distraction, get rid of him. Don't pay him first, then realize it isn't going to work.

Problem is we won't get anything for him.

Nice summation. Besides Carl's pride won't let him trade LJ.

Logical
02-27-2007, 09:50 PM

Yup,

I remember when George Blowfish and I were calling him Leon and given shit by everyone on the BB now look at how many want to trade him, pretty funny.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Yup,

I remember when George Blowfish and I were calling him Leon and given shit by everyone on the BB now look at how many want to trade him, pretty funny.

Anyone who wants to trade LJ is wrong. And stupid. Stupid and dumb. Dumb poopies!

Logical
02-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Anyone who wants to trade LJ is wrong. And stupid. Stupid and dumb. Dumb poopies!

Just to be clear, I don't give a damn either way. I don't think he has any trade value.

RJ
02-27-2007, 09:59 PM
LJ is 27, and just came off a record breaking carries season.

His value will never be higher than it is right now, nobody will touch him if he gets close to another 400 carries in 2007. If Carl has any inclination to trade LJ now is the time to do it.

Extra Point
02-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, now that Priest is saying that he wants to suit up. Now is the time to trade LJ. Hicks was bitchin' 'cause he got tired of getting run over in practice.

If Shields said something to the effect that he didn't want to block for LJ, that's one thing. Waters, too. But if any of the tackles we have said that, then it needs the mandatory taking with a grain of salt.

Doesn't matter. LJ isn't going anywhere. CP will price him out of the market, tradewise.

Mecca
02-27-2007, 10:32 PM

So if he's still on the team gets a ridiculous extention for a ton of money then becomes a broken down player with a bad attitude making alot of money can we tell you how stupid you are?

go bo
02-27-2007, 10:43 PM
would you like that in a soft green tone?

or perhaps a pale blue junk with sequins?

we're here to serve you...

and just in case nobody has said welcome aboard yet, let me say welcome aboard...

enjoy (thick skin optional, ymmv)...

Logical
02-27-2007, 10:45 PM
would you like that in a soft green tone?

or perhaps a pale blue junk with sequins?

we're here to serve you...

and just in case nobody has said welcome aboard yet, let me say welcome aboard...

enjoy (thick skin optional, ymmv)...

John have you been hitting the sauce? Otherwise you lost me completely with this post.

BWillie
02-27-2007, 10:49 PM
I've been saying this all year. Trade LJ, you can get huge value for this guy right now. No way he can keep it up with the carries he's getting the next 2 years. I dont' like LJ, never have. This is the same guy that said he doesn't care about the Oakland and KC rivalry, and that it was created by old white men in suits. What a dickhead. Now that old white man is dead asshole

boogblaster
02-27-2007, 10:54 PM
LJ has plenty of trade value ..one of the top 5 backs in the NFL with years left in him..he is not the problem with this team..blocking, play-calling, another needed WR and a average QB is what is needed...

Mecca
02-27-2007, 10:59 PM
LJ has plenty of trade value ..one of the top 5 backs in the NFL with years left in him..he is not the problem with this team..blocking, play-calling, another needed WR and a average QB is what is needed...

By the time this team is ready to be a real contender he won't be a productive player anymore.......add on that he's causing problems and is going to want alot of money......why keep him?

ChiefsCountry
02-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Man we could gut the whole offense this off-season, Green, LJ, Shields.

Rausch
02-28-2007, 12:29 AM
If you want a great player you're going to have to pay him a lot of money.

The more great players you have the better your team is going to be.

LJ is a top 5 back, you're not going to just luck into a player of his ability year after year.

Smart fans. Lets let Allen go and trade LJ, thereby ridding our team of any playmakers on either side of the ball...

BWillie
02-28-2007, 02:06 AM
If you want a great player you're going to have to pay him a lot of money.

The more great players you have the better your team is going to be.

LJ is a top 5 back, you're not going to just luck into a player of his ability year after year.

Smart fans. Lets let Allen go and trade LJ, thereby ridding our team of any playmakers on either side of the ball...

Or just draft a running back in the first couple rounds of the draft every 3 years, use them up, and get rid of them like everybody else. The RB position has been the most replaceable position for the last ten years in the NFL. Sure if you trade LJ there is going to be a drop off, but it's not going to directly translate into wins and losses..and you can get a 2-3 great players out of the deal.

Kaylore
02-28-2007, 03:02 AM
Good luck with this. LJ is a dickhead. He's a racist boob that is bitter he didn't grow up in the ghetto. He wants REALLY badly to be hard, and the more he's reminded he isn't the more angry and stupid he acts.

Power runners have very short life spans. Every NFL back that has rushed for more than 400 carries fell off the year after and was out of football within three years except for Erik Dickerson. And he wasn't a power runner and only had one good season after he broke 400 carries.

Basically you have a total jerk player that's a cancer in the locker room whose knees are about to go nuclear because he's on the wrong side of his 400 carry year. You think people see that and think "Just what I've always wanted! A whiny little brat that pisses off his team and has too much milleage!" and are just screaming to give their draft picks away for him?

Yeah, Good luck with that.

Hey, there's always Matt Millen.

Taco John
02-28-2007, 03:05 AM
This is a good time to revisit this thread:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=51631

02-28-2007, 03:14 AM
This is a good time to revisit this thread:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=51631
I hope that is not true. If it is, get his a$$ out of here.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2007, 03:14 AM
Bwahahahahahaha. You Donkey trolls want this to be true so bad it's hilarious.

LJ will slap a buck fifty on your defense twice next year again. Suck it.

Kaylore
02-28-2007, 03:17 AM

I don't want anything. It is true. Either way this is good for the Broncos. You either keep the equivalent of a TO with too much mileage on your team or you trade him and have no running back. Trading him would be better for the Chiefs if you got some value for him, so I hope he stays and pisses the team off or holds out and doesn't play. That'd be nice.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2007, 03:19 AM
LMAO

Calling LJ "the equivalent of a TO" shows just how biased you are on this subject. A holdout is the furthest thing from his mind.

SPchief
02-28-2007, 03:20 AM
I don't want anything. It is true. Either way this is good for the Broncos. You either keep the equivalent of a TO with too much mileage on your team or you trade him and have no running back. Trading him would be better for the Chiefs if you got some value for him, so I hope he stays and pisses the team off or holds out and doesn't play. That'd be nice.

Proof that it is true? Other than "I heard from my friend, who has a friend of a friend who works in arrowhead?"

02-28-2007, 03:22 AM
Proof that it is true? Other than "I heard from my friend, who has a friend of a friend who works in arrowhead?"
And a close personal friend of Herm.

Kaylore
02-28-2007, 03:27 AM
A holdout is the furthest thing from his mind.
Is it? This is starting to look ugly and the rumors are leaking with regularity:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/16700590.htm

Larry is owed big money. He’s earned it. You could make a pretty strong argument he’s the NFL’s second-best running back after LaDainian Tomlinson.

You think his inflated ego and his agent are retarded?

And then there's this:

Larry is far from the most popular player in the Chiefs’ locker room with the players. He’s aloof, moody and constantly distracted by his desire to be misunderstood and to be a member of Jay-Z’s posse.

“If they give him a huge contract, they’ll create a monster,” one Chiefs player told me this offseason. “And I told Herm that.”

Johnson, according to another teammate, can be a disruptive force in locker-room chemistry. The team’s most valuable and important player, according to a teammate, oftentimes sits in meetings text messaging friends and associates.

This is all true, GoChiefs. LJ is a cancer, running on his last legs, and he's an asshole to boot.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2007, 03:29 AM
Yeah, whatever. Nice Whitlock column. Go ahead and grasp for more straws.

Last legs. My god. :rolleyes:

SPchief
02-28-2007, 03:31 AM
Is it? This is starting to look ugly and the rumors are leaking with regularity:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/16700590.htm

You think his inflated ego and his agent are retarded?

And then there's this:

This is all true, GoChiefs. LJ is a cancer, running on his last legs, and he's an asshole to boot.

Quoting a Whitlock article? Keep trying.

Taco John
02-28-2007, 03:37 AM

I don't personally care what happens to LJ so long as he doesn't end up a Bronco. After watching him get owned by Indianapolis, I'm not too worried about facing him next year.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2007, 03:39 AM
I don't personally care what happens to LJ so long as he doesn't end up a Bronco. After watching him get owned by Indianapolis, I'm not too worried about facing him next year.

You guys are better off with Tatum Bell. ROFL

Kaylore
02-28-2007, 03:56 AM
Quoting a Whitlock article? Keep trying.
You're right. This is all bogus and nothing is wrong. All is well! :)

J Diddy
02-28-2007, 03:59 AM

Hey just kind of curious, why don't you start chatting about the broncos problem

Mecca
02-28-2007, 04:06 AM

I said we should get rid of Johnson a long time ago......I think it's funny that GoChiefs refuses to acknowledge that Johnson has alot of issues for future. Attitude....workload....giving this guy big money is a hugely bad idea.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2007, 04:09 AM
A long time ago? Yeah, we should have traded him when he was drafted. Brilliant!

I think anyone that complains about Larry Johnson listens to the media too much and has chicken little syndrome.

I don't think people understand that Larry Johnson is quite likely the greatest player this franchise has seen since Derrick Thomas passed. In fact, he could be even better than Derrick Thomas ever was. That would make him the greatest player this franchise has seen in almost 40 years. He's something special and I want to cherish every moment he's in red. Trading him away won't be good for the franchise.

02-28-2007, 04:09 AM
Hey just kind of curious, why don't you start chatting about the broncos problem

Other than the fact that they are broncos?

Mecca
02-28-2007, 04:17 AM
A long time ago? Yeah, we should have traded him when he was drafted. Brilliant!

I think anyone that complains about Larry Johnson listens to the media too much and has chicken little syndrome.

I don't think people understand that Larry Johnson is quite likely the greatest player this franchise has seen since Derrick Thomas passed. In fact, he could be even better than Derrick Thomas ever was. That would make him the greatest player this franchise has seen in almost 40 years. He's something special and I want to cherish every moment he's in red. Trading him away won't be good for the franchise.

As soon as they decided they were going to give him 400 carries i said trade him now. That's all well and good about him being great if he was a player who played a different position. He is playing the easiest position in the league to replace....I don't believe you should ever give a RB a second contract...

I'd always use young RB's and never ever pay one big money, so I could spend my money on other positions.

This is all brought even further up the scale by Johnsons attitude at this time. Paying a RB a huge contract which he'll likely be unproductive for, for most of it is not a good idea.....see Priest Holmes.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2007, 04:19 AM
Priest was on the wrong side of 30. LJ's got five productive years left and if you dispute that you can go to hell.

FAX
02-28-2007, 04:22 AM
If LJ were a Giant Toad, he would hip-hop.

FAX

Mecca
02-28-2007, 04:22 AM
Priest was on the wrong side of 30. LJ's got five productive years left and if you dispute that you can go to hell.

HAHA.......he will not play 5 years at the level he played the last 2. No way on earth, you just have to look at history to know that. If he makes it through next year without getting injured it would be a miracle.

Common sense says he's going to start declining and declining rapidly and that time frame is starting right now....

Hammock Parties
02-28-2007, 04:24 AM
I don't give a shit about history. There'd already be warning signs if he couldn't continue at this pace. The guy has taken a beating over the last two seasons and didn't miss a game, or even a quarter. He's a ****ing ox chiseled out of steel.

Mecca
02-28-2007, 04:27 AM
Alright I'm going to remember this when all the posts start about how "LJ doesn't look the same" or he continues to get injuries that cause him to miss games.

greg63
02-28-2007, 05:20 AM
If any of that is true, trade him.

Ditto, no one regardless of talent is worth sacrificing team chemistry, and he has made it clear that KC is too small a town for him.

Kaylore
02-28-2007, 05:51 AM
I don't give a shit about history. There'd already be warning signs if he couldn't continue at this pace.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270106011

KC INDY
Rushing Yards
44 188
Rushing Attempts
17 40
Yards per rush
2.6 4.7

They're pretty weak on defense and that was LJ's most recent game. :D

I do that a lot on the Mane and if there's a Broncos related thread here, I post there sometimes. Are you asking me hijack this one so we can talk about the Broncos?

02-28-2007, 05:53 AM

KC INDY
Rushing Yards
44 188
Rushing Attempts
17 40
Yards per rush
2.6 4.7

That weak D won a superbowl too.

greg63
02-28-2007, 05:54 AM
That weak D won a superbowl too.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

splatbass
02-28-2007, 06:01 AM
Or just draft a running back in the first couple rounds of the draft every 3 years, use them up, and get rid of them like everybody else. The RB position has been the most replaceable position for the last ten years in the NFL. Sure if you trade LJ there is going to be a drop off, but it's not going to directly translate into wins and losses..and you can get a 2-3 great players out of the deal.

Do you really think with CP's draft history that he will get 2 or 3 great players out of a trade? Or even 2 or 3 good ones? He might get 2 or 3 picks, but the odds of them all being good are virtually non-existant.

Mecca
02-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Do you really think with CP's draft history that he will get 2 or 3 great players out of a trade? Or even 2 or 3 good ones? He might get 2 or 3 picks, but the odds of them all being good are virtually non-existant.

The last reason on earth to not make a move is because you are scared you can't draft or find other players. If you really believe that in yourself you frankly shouldn't be a GM.

Good teams make the moves they know are right and are confident they'll make good picks to replace them.

splatbass
02-28-2007, 07:24 AM
The last reason on earth to not make a move is because you are scared you can't draft or find other players. If you really believe that in yourself you frankly shouldn't be a GM.

Good teams make the moves they know are right and are confident they'll make good picks to replace them.

Have you been paying attention for the last 18 years?

Mecca
02-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Have you been paying attention for the last 18 years?

All I'm saying is if you really think the mindset of this team has to be "My god we can't trade Larry Johnson because our front office is to stupid to find another good player"........why are we fans of this team?

That battle is over before it starts because you can't win championships this way......you just can't.

King_Chief_Fan
02-28-2007, 07:36 AM

KC INDY
Rushing Yards
44 188
Rushing Attempts
17 40
Yards per rush
2.6 4.7

I do that a lot on the Mane and if there's a Broncos related thread here, I post there sometimes. Are you asking me hijack this one so we can talk about the Broncos?

Mr Kaylore post on the mane:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=53444
I was searching the web and found a Chiefs Planet link with Jay Cutler in the title. Naturally I couldn't resist and went in. This was good for a laugh.

It started out pretty complimentary, but in about three threads they all talked each other into believing he sucks. Apparently they believe that Brodie Croyle has the same arm strength and could even have a better arm than Jay Cutler. I kind of made a smart ass reply to this and they all got up in arms suggesting that this throw: was no big deal and that Croyle and other QB's "make those throws all the time." Then when I tried to explain the ball traveled 70 yards in the air, they played some clip of Croyle throwing the ball 50 yards with a huge bulk of the yards being the receiver running with ball as evidence they are the same thing.

I shouldn't have gone in. I never go to Chiefs Planet because they talk about stupid stuff like ball shaving but I succumbed to my curiosity and paid the price! I needed my fellow maners to witness the idiocy of these people so I thought I'd post the link. \

I hate donkeys........... I hate lying donkeys even more.
Feel free to leave asshat.

Kaylore
02-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Actually KCP, you can thank SoCal for my even finding this thread at all. He made a thread about it on the Mane with a hotlink straight to it.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=53560

Had he not, I wouldn't have found this thread at all, so I wasn't lying. (Not that you care. You're really just mad that I'm spoon feeding the cool taste of reality that your team sucks to you.)

I win. You lose. ;D

ILChief
02-28-2007, 08:18 AM
let the lineman retire. if it's shields, he was going to retire anyway probably. Weigman was probably going to retire or be replaced. If it's Black or Welbourne, who cares? The only one I would be concerned about would be Waters but that doesn't seem like something he'd say.

Mecca
02-28-2007, 08:20 AM
let the lineman retire. if it's shields, he was going to retire anyway probably. Weigman was probably going to retire or be replaced. If it's Black or Welbourne, who cares? The only one I would be concerned about would be Waters but that doesn't seem like something he'd say.

You care because if 1 player said that.....and from what we've heard there's alot more players that are also thinking it.

booger
02-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Or Turley.

King_Chief_Fan
02-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Actually KCP, you can thank SoCal for my even finding this thread at all. He made a thread about it on the Mane with a hotlink straight to it.

Had he not, I wouldn't have found this thread at all, so I wasn't lying. (Not that you care. You're really just mad that I'm spoon feeding the cool taste of reality that your team sucks to you.)

I win. You lose. ;D

Actually Gaylore you wrote
shouldn't have gone in. I never go to Chiefs Planet because they talk about stupid stuff like ball shaving but I succumbed to my curiosity and paid the price! I needed my fellow maners to witness the idiocy of these people so I thought I'd post the link. \

saying you never come here makes you a liar. I can say, you have no room to talk teams that suck. Yours didn't look so hot last year.

you are owned again

Kaylore
02-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Actually Gaylore you wrote
shouldn't have gone in. I never go to Chiefs Planet because they talk about stupid stuff like ball shaving but I succumbed to my curiosity and paid the price! I needed my fellow maners to witness the idiocy of these people so I thought I'd post the link. \

saying you never come here makes you a liar. I can say, you have no room to talk teams that suck. Yours didn't look so hot last year.

I like men
"Never" is used in the context of seldom, idiot. As in "GoChiefs never stops playing with himself." He actually does to sleep and eat, but it is constant enough warrant the term. It is common hyperbole that everyone but nitwits like yourself understands completely and use with regularity.

CHIEF4EVER
02-28-2007, 05:01 PM

Had he not, I wouldn't have found this thread at all, so I wasn't lying. (Not that you care. You're really just mad that I'm spoon feeding the cool taste of reality that your team sucks to you.

I win. You lose. ;D

Versus your team which____________(Let me help you. SUCKS WORSE THAN OURS).

At least one of us made the playoffs...........:p

htismaqe
02-28-2007, 05:10 PM
"Never" is used in the context of seldom, idiot. As in "GoChiefs never stops playing with himself." He actually does to sleep and eat, but it is constant enough warrant the term. It is common hyperbole that everyone but nitwits like yourself understands completely and use with regularity.

ROFL

"Never" and "seldom" have two entirely different meanings, ESPECIALLY in the context of your statement.

King_Chief_Fan
03-01-2007, 07:59 AM
"Never" is used in the context of seldom, idiot. As in "GoChiefs never stops playing with himself." He actually does to sleep and eat, but it is constant enough warrant the term. It is common hyperbole that everyone but nitwits like yourself understands completely and use with regularity.\

nope, you are wrong......you are a liar
you still lose asshatROFL

go bo
03-06-2007, 11:05 AM
John have you been hitting the sauce? Otherwise you lost me completely with this post.uh, that's kinda the point...

i've been trying out some ulltra peanut style posting. but i'm not as good at it as the original...

it was also intended to bring a little humor into this discussion...

it was a pretty lame attempt, but at least i'm trying... :shrug:

go bo
03-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Just going off the history of guys who carry the ball that many times. And RB is a position that generally doesn't last as long as others while being easier to replace.let me ask you a simple question...

when was the last time we "replaced" a rb with someone the caliber of lj?

and if rb's are so easy to replace, why don't all the teams in the league just go ahead and replace their running backs with younger, faster, and likely to get into the hall of fame when their career is over?

how many running backs have turned into truly elite players on our team (not counting priest holmes or marcus)?

to me, the idea of trading our best players is a little weird...

of course, herm's whole offensive philosophy is more than a little wierd...

i wish we could get dv or al back to bring back our offense that left when herm got here...

one-dimensional offenses can be stopped pretty easily in the playoffs, imo...

King_Chief_Fan
03-06-2007, 11:32 AM
let me ask you a simple question...

when was the last time we "replaced" a rb with someone the caliber of lj?

and if rb's are so easy to replace, why don't all the teams in the league just go ahead and replace their running backs with younger, faster, and likely to get into the hall of fame when their career is over?

how many running backs have turned into truly elite players on our team (not counting priest holmes or marcus)?

to me, the idea of trading our best players is a little weird...

of course, herm's whole offensive philosophy is more than a little wierd...

i wish we could get dv or al back to bring back our offense that left when herm got here...

one-dimensional offenses can be stopped pretty easily in the playoffs, imo...
yes indeed. I don't know what kind of players you need for an offense where the coach does not want to outscore the other team.

PastorMikH
03-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Where there's smoke there is probably fire. Reports of LJ having bad chemistry in the locker room are all over the internet and print this off season and now making it onto TV. Probably something to it. :hmmm:

It would sure put more weight in DV's diaper coment.

I'd hate to think about trading away a player the caliber of LJ. At the same time Terrell Owens is one of the best WRs in the game and I wouldn't want to see us sign him - even if he's cheap. Even with top shelf skills and ability, a bad attitude can be detrimental to a team.

At this point I'd have to ask what can we get out of him? I doubt we can get a first but then again who knows. A higher first round pick or low first round with another mid round pick thrown in and I might be tempted at this point. I really don't see him sticking around after his contract is up anyway which won't be much longer. If we can get something out of him now, it would be worth considering.

htismaqe
03-06-2007, 12:45 PM
The Bears traded Thomas Jones to the Jets in exchange for moving up 20 spots in the SECOND round.

Face it, LJ isn't worth enough to make it worth the Chiefs time.

Coogs
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM

Same here. And it usually takes 2 first round picks to move up to the top portion of the draft, so I would not be upset at all if we packaged LJ and #23 to do just that.

Chiefs999
03-12-2007, 09:04 AM
I am all for trading LJ. He is a cancer to the team. By getting rid of him we could get a high draft pick and work at rebuilding our team.

I have started a website for this cause.

www.tradelarryjohnson.com

More content will be added to it later to support the cause. Please sign the guest book.

Note: I am not going to put outright slander as evidence on the page. I am going to present a reasonable argument to trade him. However, I don't think I'll be able to resist having JZ as the background music LOL.

CupidStunt
03-12-2007, 09:05 AM
lol

Bootlegged
03-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Why on earth would you trade LJ? Just stupid.

Mr. Laz
03-12-2007, 11:44 AM
The Bears traded Thomas Jones to the Jets in exchange for moving up 20 spots in the SECOND round.

Face it, LJ isn't worth enough to make it worth the Chiefs time.
then he isn't worth a big money contract

Mecca
03-12-2007, 11:47 AM

What's your definition of big contract.

penguinz
03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I am all for trading LJ. He is a cancer to the team. By getting rid of him we could get a high draft pick and work at rebuilding our team.

I have started a website for this cause.

www.tradelarryjohnson.com

More content will be added to it later to support the cause. Please sign the guest book.

Note: I am not going to put outright slander as evidence on the page. I am going to present a reasonable argument to trade him. However, I don't think I'll be able to resist having JZ as the background music LOL.Are you serious?

htismaqe
03-12-2007, 12:25 PM

Not at all true.

He's worth more to the Chiefs than what they could get in return.

Chiefs999
03-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Are you serious?

Yes I'm serious. The reports of his disruptive behavior to the team as cited by chiefs players and his value as a trade coomodity make him a good candidate to be traded.

We need some young blood and Larry could get us 2 draft picks at least.

Mr. Laz
03-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Not at all true.

He's worth more to the Chiefs than what they could get in return.
no .... because if he is not worth value on the market then the chiefs should let him explore the cheap market first ..... then sign him for less.

if he isn't worth much on the market ... then you don't pay him big money.

unless he's a team leader, he contract value is determined by his market value.

htismaqe
03-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Yes I'm serious. The reports of his disruptive behavior to the team as cited by chiefs players and his value as a trade coomodity make him a good candidate to be traded.

And you'd be fine with it if those 2 draft picks were a 2nd and 6th, AT BEST?

htismaqe
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
no .... because if he is not worth value on the market then the chiefs should let him explore the cheap market first ..... then sign him for less.

if he isn't worth much on the market ... then you don't pay him big money.

unless he's a team leader, he contract value is determined by his market value.

What are you talking about?

Of course, if you let him explore the OPEN market, he's gonna get BIG money.

This is about DRAFT PICKS and always has been.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2007, 12:45 PM
God, this is so stupid. The tangible evidence that Larry is such a huge cancer is as weak as water.

In accepting his Derrick Thomas Chiefs MVP Award, Larry Johnson thanked his coaches and teammates, saying “I know I’m not perfect, I know I can be pain sometimes.” It was L.J. at his best, looking in the mirror and acknowledging his warts to those he cares about. Too bad more fans, and those in the media, didn’t see it, because it would dispel their notion of him being a bad apple. He’s a difficult apple at times, there’s no doubt about that. But the core is good.

crazycoffey
03-12-2007, 12:55 PM

Would you shut up, STFU ;

Bob Gretz from:
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/03/05/gretz_postcards_from_the_101/

RANDOM THOUGHTS
In accepting his Derrick Thomas Chiefs MVP Award, Larry Johnson thanked his coaches and teammates, saying “I know I’m not perfect, I know I can be pain sometimes.” It was L.J. at his best, looking in the mirror and acknowledging his warts to those he cares about. Too bad more fans, and those in the media, didn’t see it, because it would dispel their notion of him being a bad apple. He’s a difficult apple at times, there’s no doubt about that. But the core is good.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2007, 12:58 PM
REPOST

FAX
03-12-2007, 01:04 PM
There you have it. LJ admits he's not perfect in public.

The only reason he would say such a thing is because he is, indeed, a locker room cancer, a detriment to team chemistry, and a problem for both his teammates and coaches. That's why he feels it's necessary to speak out. It's an obvious attempt to counter a perception that he, himself, has created by his irratic behavior and gangster attitute. Clearly, LJ is out of control and one dropped pass away from a Britney moment.

Sorry, LJ. You can't mope your way out of this one.

FAX

Chief Chief
03-12-2007, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=FAX]Clearly, LJ is out of control and one dropped pass away from a Britney moment.[QUOTE]

Please, please, PLEASE don't let it be the Britney moment when LJ enters/exits a car without any panties on and shows his man-junk!

penguinz
03-12-2007, 01:26 PM

We need some young blood and Larry could get us 2 draft picks at least.Are you serious?

btw. You suck at web design. If I was your father I would be embarrassed. ;)

crazycoffey
03-12-2007, 01:28 PM
REPOST

hell yes it was a repost, but fancy pants was spouting off about the cancer that is LJ, I thought it was a good article for him to read.

come on, show me the love......

Chiefs999
03-12-2007, 01:34 PM
hell yes it was a repost, but fancy pants was spouting off about the cancer that is LJ, I thought it was a good article for him to read.

Yes, the article changed my mind completely. :banghead: Not

Thx for dropping it on me but......I had already read it.

Rooster
03-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Please, please, PLEASE don't let it be the Britney moment when LJ enters/exits a car without any panties on and shows his man-junk!

ROFL ROFL Thanks for that disturbing mental image.

Chiefs999
03-12-2007, 01:43 PM
I think LJ is a great player. One of the best in the league in fact. However, I do not think he is the best thing for the Chiefs.

You could have all the best talent in the league on one team but if there is no chemistry then you are not going to win a championship. I believe LJ is a cause of the bad chemistry on the chiefs. Therefore I think we should trade him and because of the value he is as a trade commodity atm.

What could we get for him?

A few draft picks and maybe a defensive player.

What we would do with them?

Draft a running back, sign a blue collar veteran RB, and rebuild you're team with the rest of the picks.

Bad chemistry potentially elimated and team infused with some new blood.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2007, 01:48 PM

Dude, read the post above yours.

Skip Towne
03-12-2007, 01:51 PM
There you have it. LJ admits he's not perfect in public.

The only reason he would say such a thing is because he is, indeed, a locker room cancer, a detriment to team chemistry, and a problem for both his teammates and coaches. That's why he feels it's necessary to speak out. It's an obvious attempt to counter a perception that he, himself, has created by his irratic behavior and gangster attitute. Clearly, LJ is out of control and one dropped pass away from a Britney moment.

Sorry, LJ. You can't mope your way out of this one.

FAX
Irratic? attitute? Who are you and what have you done with FAX?

crazycoffey
03-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Dude, read the post above yours.

totally missed it, I thought you meant from earler threads..... HA.

we were on the same brain waves (going after that article), scarier for you or for me?

:p

htismaqe
03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
What could we get for him?

A few draft picks and maybe a defensive player.

Dream on.

FAX
03-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Irratic? attitute? Who are you and what have you done with FAX?

I have jelly on my keyboart, Mr. Skip Towne.

FAX

Chiefs999
03-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Dream on.

Well that is the best case scenario. =)

I did it on madden and it worked out perfect for us. Trust me guys. LOL jk

Baby Lee
03-12-2007, 02:40 PM
I have jelly on my keyboart, Mr. Skip Towne.

FAX
Can't you just spit on it like a civilized pervert?

FAX
03-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Jelly, jelly, jelly ...

Jelly roll.

FAX

sedated
03-12-2007, 03:14 PM
If we could get 2 #1's trade him.

- He's due a big pay-day

- RBs don't last long, plus...

- He has crossed a line (rushing attempts) that breaks running backs down. His chances of not finishing the 2008 season seem pretty good.

- He may or may not be a locker-room cancer

- RB is one of the most easily replacable positions

- This offense, and team, might not be going anywhere soon. If rebuilding, why keep a player with a shelf-life as short as LJ's?

Hammock Parties
03-12-2007, 03:18 PM
His chances of not finishing the 2008 season seem pretty good.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/5016/megarolleyesjy3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

FAX
03-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Please do not post the big green circle crazy eyed puker man ever again.

FAX

Skip Towne
03-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Well that is the best case scenario. =)

I did it on madden and it worked out perfect for us. Trust me guys. LOL jk
Every time someone says "Trust me", I don't trust them.

crazycoffey
03-12-2007, 04:04 PM

Especially when preceded by a Madden comment and followed by JK.....

Chiefs999
03-12-2007, 04:31 PM

It was a joke.

Tribal Warfare
03-12-2007, 06:06 PM
RB is one of the most easily replacable positions

I always laugh when I hear this people must've forgotten how long it was when he actually had a primetime RB before the Vermeil era. Great players aren't a dime a dozen PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HemiEd
03-12-2007, 06:08 PM
I always laugh when I hear this people must've forgotten how long it was when he actually had a primetime RB before the Vermeil era. Great players aren't a dime a dozen PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am with you on this, the Chiefs had a lot of busts at that position for it to be so easy.

Skip Towne
03-12-2007, 07:21 PM
It was a joke.
I've heard better jokes.

crazycoffey
03-12-2007, 07:24 PM
It was a joke.

what was a joke?
Your posts? The website? You don't really play Madden?

Brock
03-12-2007, 07:27 PM
I am with you on this, the Chiefs had a lot of busts at that position for it to be so easy.

That was Marty's approach, not that finding a RB was difficult. When you trot out scrubs like Donnell Bennett and Rashaan Shehee and expect good results, well....

FAX
03-12-2007, 07:33 PM
That was Marty's approach, not that finding a RB was difficult. When you trot out scrubs like Donnell Bennett and Rashaan Shehee and expect good results, well....

What about long neck man, Mr. Brock? (Whatever his name was.)

Wasn't he also on Marty's watch?

FAX

Sully
03-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Harvey Williams

FAX
03-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Harvey Williams

That's the guy. Thanks, Mr. Sully.

You know, I'm surprised he wasn't more successful. With those physical attributes, a human giraffe should have been able to peer into the defense and gain three yards.

FAX

milkman
03-12-2007, 08:05 PM

The Chiefs had a lot of busts at RB because Marty is a terrible offensive talent evaluator, with the O-Line as the exception.

Logical
03-12-2007, 08:33 PM
If we could get 2 #1's trade him.

- He's due a big pay-day

- RBs don't last long, plus...

- He has crossed a line (rushing attempts) that breaks running backs down. His chances of not finishing the 2008 season seem pretty good.

- He may or may not be a locker-room cancer

- RB is one of the most easily replacable positions

- This offense, and team, might not be going anywhere soon. If rebuilding, why keep a player with a shelf-life as short as LJ's?

We would be lucky to get a mid round number 1 for him let alone 2 number ones. Matter of fact the most likely scenario is to trade him and our number 1 for a higher number one. and a number 3.

I agree he is likely to breakdown this season especially if he is used like he was last season.

Rausch
03-12-2007, 10:15 PM
We would be lucky to get a mid round number 1 for him let alone 2 number ones. Matter of fact the most likely scenario is to trade him and our number 1 for a higher number one. and a number 3.

He's proven he's a top 5 rusher in this league.

It's not that LJ can't catch pass it's that DV didn't have any confidence in him and Herm has shifted the emphasis from the HB as utility-belt to HB as battering ram.

He can catch and run just fine.

To promote trading LJ is like diving in head first to measure the stupid singularity. Nothing, not even light, or Donnie Edwards, escapes its gravity. It's a compressed and unimaginably strong force that unfortunately sucks in any innocent whom may pass by, dragging them headlong into the abyss of infinate dumbassery.

He has the ability to be the next Jim Brown.

Anyone remember how much his teammates blasted his off the field antics?...

Chiefs999
03-13-2007, 09:31 AM
He's proven he's a top 5 rusher in this league.

It's not that LJ can't catch pass it's that DV didn't have any confidence in him and Herm has shifted the emphasis from the HB as utility-belt to HB as battering ram.

He can catch and run just fine.

To promote trading LJ is like diving in head first to measure the stupid singularity. Nothing, not even light, or Donnie Edwards, escapes its gravity. It's a compressed and unimaginably strong force that unfortunately sucks in any innocent whom may pass by, dragging them headlong into the abyss of infinate dumbassery.

He has the ability to be the next Jim Brown.

Anyone remember how much his teammates blasted his off the field antics?...

I want the chiefs to win superbowls. Does having Larry Johnson help us do that right now? Have we won one with him? Did we win a playoff game with him?

No, we have many needs which by trading him we may well be able to fulfill.

No one disputes his ability as a running back. I do however dispute that he is good for our footbal team atm.

Did Indy and Chicago need a Larry Johnson to get to the superbowl.......no.

crazycoffey
03-13-2007, 09:34 AM
That's the guy. Thanks, Mr. Sully.

You know, I'm surprised he wasn't more successful. With those physical attributes, a human giraffe should have been able to peer into the defense and gain three yards.

FAX

Harvey Williams = Human Giraffe.

FAX, you've been off lately, but this put you right back on track.

F - U - N - unnyROFL

HMc
03-13-2007, 10:47 AM
If you think the chiefs have a SB shotin the next 2 years then we keep LJ. Otherwise he's merely Carl's seat filler.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2007, 11:02 AM
What are you talking about?

Of course, if you let him explore the OPEN market, he's gonna get BIG money.

This is about DRAFT PICKS and always has been.
IF a team thinks enough about Larry Johnson to give him big money then they will trade draft picks for him now to gain leverage to pay him less.

the chiefs have been using your attitude about players for years ... and it's gotten us nothing.

maybe we should try this ........ if the guy isn't worth much in trade then we shouldn't pay him a big load of cash.

Brock
03-13-2007, 11:28 AM
IF a team thinks enough about Larry Johnson to give him big money then they will trade draft picks for him now to gain leverage to pay him less.

the chiefs have been using your attitude about players for years ... and it's gotten us nothing.

maybe we should try this ........ if the guy isn't worth much in trade then we shouldn't pay him a big load of cash.

Draft picks > dollars

BigRedChief
06-14-2007, 10:36 PM
remember this BS from metro sports?