PDA

View Full Version : Rotoworld's Analysis of the potential Green trade

Marco Polo
02-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Who says CP is always bad? :)

The Kansas City Star reports that the Chiefs have started shopping Trent Green for a possible trade.
Nothing is certain, but it sounds like he's good as gone. Gotta give GM Carl Peterson credit. Damon Huard was the better quarterback by a longshot last year, he's three years younger, and the Chiefs got him signed for a quarter of Green's pricetag. The Dolphins, Raiders, and Redskins all seem like possible landing spots for Green.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1350

eazyb81
02-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Who would trade for Green at this point in his career? Skins already have Brunell and Campbell, and we aren't going to trade him to the Raiders.

chagrin
02-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Who would trade for Green at this point in his career? Skins already have Brunell and Campbell, and we aren't going to trade him to the Raiders.

Dude, did you see Brunell play last year, or the year before, yikes! Trent would be an excellent add to that team, they desperately need a QB who can run that offense.

Archie Bunker
02-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Dude, did you see Brunell play last year, or the year before, yikes!

Did you see Green play last year?

Simply Red
02-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Dude, did you see Brunell play last year, or the year before, yikes! Trent would be an excellent add to that team, they desperately need a QB who can run that offense.

Not to mention the Saunders factor. I think(could be wrong though) their relationship was fair to good.

Redrum_69
02-28-2007, 09:24 AM
R E P O S T

StcChief
02-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Deadskins are a very likely move. out to NFC. Saunders.

Snyder is a dumb F. he'll take a 1 year flyer on him.

hawkchief
02-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Why give Carl any credit for doing what everyone else said he should have done last year, before he re-inserted Green and cost us a bunch of games? It took him 6 months to figure out what everyone figured out in a week. Just another reason he sucks.

the Talking Can
02-28-2007, 09:33 AM
wow would I love to fleece Snyder....imagine getting a draft pick for one our players!

I'm faint

ck_IN
02-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Actually I think the Fins would be the most likely. They have a great D but it only has another year or two left agewise. They have decent people on O except for the QB. They could take a 1yr SB or bust flyer on him.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Actually I think the Fins would be the most likely. They have a great D but it only has another year or two left agewise. They have decent people on O except for the QB. They could take a 1yr SB or bust flyer on him.
The Bears are actually closer and they could use a QB.

Chiefnj
02-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Miami's OL isn't very good. Trent would have the same problems with the Dolphins that he had in KC last year.

Redrum_69
02-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh damn...

http://www.127sale.com/

GoChiefs mom is like a garage sale...she attracts strangers with signs of slightly used junk, she'll welcome anyone off the street to "browse" her goods, she'll amaze you with things you've never seen before, and if the price is too high she'll gladly barter cuz she wants to make everyone happy...

Braincase
02-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Carl is going to scramble madly. I think he learned his lesson from Grbac and Gannon (not saying Green is a Grbac, but Huard is the right choice right now).

Warrior5
02-28-2007, 10:06 AM
If, and this is a big "IF", Green were traded to the TRaiders, would we see the emergence of a KCGreenStalker appear on the Planet?

The Franchise
02-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah but what would the Redskins give us? They have a 1st...and then nothing again till the 5th round.

Direckshun
02-28-2007, 10:10 AM
I want Green to go to a team that's visiting Arrowhead next year, so he can have one last polite sendoff from the crowd before he's crushed to bits.

So who's visiting?

Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Packers
Titans
Vikings
Bengals
Jaguars

Not looking very likely.

MOhillbilly
02-28-2007, 10:13 AM

brunell played fair in 05 and blew his shoulder out early in 06. thats said they have a strong armed qbotf.

MOhillbilly
02-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Not to mention the Saunders factor. I think(could be wrong though) their relationship was fair to good.

i get the feeling there a war brewing in the redskins camp over what direction the team is going to move.

tyton75
02-28-2007, 10:16 AM
if they give us ANYTHING.. it would probably make sense for us.. just to unload the contract.

I'm a Trent backer.. but if we could make the move now.. it makes too much sense to pass up

eazyb81
02-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah but what would the Redskins give us? They have a 1st...and then nothing again till the 5th round.

I would take a 5th or 6th, or even a pick for next year's draft. We need to start stockpiling draft picks to rebuild this team, and it would be great to get any picks for Green at this point in his career.

Redrum_69
02-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Green is going to come back and smoke the Chiefs if he gets traded.

He'll then take his new team to the Super Bowl.

Brock
02-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Green is going to come back and smoke the Chiefs if he gets traded.

He'll then take his new team to the Super Bowl.

Yep, that happens all the time with near-40 QBs.

el borracho
02-28-2007, 10:20 AM
The Redskins could give us conditional picks in the 2008 draft, depending on performance.

Really I would take anything we could get for Trent at this point. He is old, expensive and got his eggs scrambled last year. At this point if the Colts offered us the last pick in the draft for Trent, I would take it.

NewChief
02-28-2007, 10:23 AM
If, and this is a big "IF", Green were traded to the TRaiders, would we see the emergence of a KCGreenStalker appear on the Planet?

Yes.

StcChief
02-28-2007, 10:40 AM

In a TRADE deal it could be an active player. or draft pick....

O/D Lineman would work, CB.

el borracho
02-28-2007, 11:13 AM
The Redskins could give us conditional picks in the 2008 draft, depending on performance.

Really I would take anything we could get for Trent at this point. He is old, expensive and got his eggs scrambled last year. At this point if the Colts offered us the last pick in the draft for Trent, I would take it.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of conditional picks in 2008. If Trent does poorly we wouldln't get much (and who could complain?) but if he did well we would be fairly compensated. Seems most fair to both teams overall and gives us the potential of receiving a higher pick than we could negotiate this year.

bdeg
02-28-2007, 11:36 AM
The thing about conditional picks that scares me is what if he gets hurt and goes out for part or even the majority of the season? I'd have to say there's a decent chance of that happening.

Brock
02-28-2007, 11:38 AM
The thing about conditional picks that scares me is what if he gets hurt and goes out for part or even the majority of the season? I'd have to say there's a decent chance of that happening.

Then you're only out a 6th round draft pick or whatever.

el borracho
02-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Then you're only out a 6th round draft pick or whatever.
Exactly. Anyone trading for Trent right now will have to consider his abysmal 2006 season where he got his head caved-in and returned late in the season to play like complete ass. Trent may or may not ever play well again. Since it is such a risk teams will not offer much at this point. It seems pretty unlikely that some team will offer more than a 5th or 6th round pick for Trent without assurance that he can return to form. A conditional pick would allow us to collect an appropriate pick if Trent plays well and risks us not much at all if he doesn't. It makes sense all around.

ChiefsCountry
02-28-2007, 12:27 PM
I want Green to go to a team that's visiting Arrowhead next year, so he can have one last polite sendoff from the crowd before he's crushed to bits.

So who's visiting?

Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Packers
Titans
Vikings
Bengals
Jaguars

Not looking very likely.

We actually have an attractive home schedule for this year.

jspchief
02-28-2007, 12:30 PM

Really I would take anything we could get for Trent at this point. He is old, expensive and got his eggs scrambled last year. At this point if the Colts offered us the last pick in the draft for Trent, I would take it.So the Redskins have no picks in '07 and you think they're going to start giving away '08 picks for a QB that will be lucky to have 2 years left in the tank?

I doubt it. The Skins have a young QB that will get a look before they start mortgaging more of their future even further.

Mr. Laz
02-28-2007, 12:36 PM
believe it when i see it

Kerberos
02-28-2007, 12:37 PM
GoChiefs mom is like a garage sale...she attracts strangers with signs of slightly used junk, she'll welcome anyone off the street to "browse" her goods, she'll amaze you with things you've never seen before, and if the price is too high she'll gladly barter cuz she wants to make everyone happy...

OMG YOU SUCK

Dartgod
02-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Why give Carl any credit for doing what everyone else said he should have done last year, before he re-inserted Green and cost us a bunch of games? It took him 6 months to figure out what everyone figured out in a week. Just another reason he sucks.Your and idiot.

No one knew what was going to happen to Trent last year. Are you suggesting that we should have traded an All-Pro QB BEFORE the season last year? BEFORE Trent went down with an injury and BEFORE we knew what we had in Huard?

I'll say it again...

Your and idiot.

el borracho
02-28-2007, 12:50 PM
So the Redskins have no picks in '07 and you think they're going to start giving away '08 picks for a QB that will be lucky to have 2 years left in the tank?

I doubt it. The Skins have a young QB that will get a look before they start mortgaging more of their future even further.
Ok, fine, Dreamkiller.

Anyway, it wouldn't have to be the Redskins. I would trade Green for conditional picks with any team willing. Actually, as I said in another thread- I would pretty much take whatever for Trent at this point.

Eric
02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Green is still productive.

FringeNC
02-28-2007, 01:00 PM
So the Redskins have no picks in '07 and you think they're going to start giving away '08 picks for a QB that will be lucky to have 2 years left in the tank?

Teams aren't going to give up draft picks for a player who is going to be cut. By signing Huard, the Chiefs made it clear that Green must restructure. Other teams know that, plus his number was too high anyway. I still think there is a decent chance he ends up in Washington, but not via trade.