PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on LJ/Trent

Marco Polo
02-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Here's what I propose:

Trade Trent for a 5th, preferably 4th round pick.

Trade Trent's pick to Buffalo for McGahee. (NFL Network said yesterday he could be had for a 4th or 5th rounder)

Keep Allen. Of course if someone signs him and we can get a 1st and 3rd, that's even better IMO.

Trade LJ to whomever for a 1st round pick and a starting LB/DT/OL/WR.

Sign Harrington and he and Croyles could be 2a and 2b for QB.

We'd then have two first round picks. McGahee isn't necessarily a franchise RB but I think he could be decent for a few years and we could address RB again either in the draft or in free agency in the future.

I'm no genius but before you rip up my thoughts, what are your ideas?

StcChief
02-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Sounds reasonable if all the Stars line up too....

CupidStunt
02-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Pipe dream, son.

McGahee for a fifth? LJ for a first and a starting-caliber player?

Dream on.

Archie Bunker
02-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Trade Green for a conditional 6th that could end up being a 5th. I don't really think any team will give up anything for a 37 yr old QB that looked alot like Andrew Walter last year.

Keep LJ- no one will give a 1st, impossible to get equal value

Keep Allen- unless someone gives up a 1st and 3rd

Stay away from Harrington. Go with the winner of the Huard/Croyle battle.

L.A. Chieffan
02-28-2007, 01:10 PM
That all sounds great but the dipshits in the NFL GM offices don't have the balls to do something like that.

Rooster
02-28-2007, 01:14 PM
There are a lot of assumptions there. I don’t see the draft picks of Trent and LJ being that high for one. I think Trent would head to the broadcast booth before finishing out his career as a Buffalo Bill.

On a side note. Why even consider bringing in Harrington?

jrowe
02-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Take a cue from Denver. As much as I hate the broncos, they realize the true value of an nfl running back. Marquee backs are not worth the money for all but a few. LJ is not one of the few. Get maximum value for him while you can ala denver/portis. Get what you can for green - luckt to get a 6th. Focus on building both the O & D lines.

JakeT
02-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Here is what I would do

1)Sign Tony G to a long term contract

2)Re-sign Huard

3)Make LJ the highest paid back in the NFL - sign for a very long term contract

4)Force Trent to take a huge paycut. (Trent's a solid guy he'll do it, hang the we don't need you we have Huard thing over his head)

5) Use cap savings & overpay for some average FAs -- i.e. Leonard Davis. (This one signing alone could sell some tickets)

6)Have my monkey boy Bob Gretz write some articles about how various players like Kyle Turley and Jordan Black are having exceptional off seasons, etc. Get some other articles written about the D.

7) Start either Huard or Green - whoever wins the training camp battle -- We don't want to take any risks and get Croyle some experience.

8) Win 8-10 games & repeat

Sincerely,

Carl

ck_IN
02-28-2007, 01:24 PM
I'll pretty much echo Jrowe. If someone is willing to pay anything for Green fine, but I doubt they will. Cut him. Let the winner of Huard/Croyle be the starter and perhaps put Printers at the 3rd.

I'd trade LJ for the best 1st round pick I could get. Otherwise I'd run him into the ground until his contract runs out and then bid him adieu. We'd get a comp pick the following year.

I'd trade Allen for a 1st or a high second. He's one dui from sitting down for a year so if I could find a taker I'd go for it. Otherwise I'd keep him.

Wesley, Bell, etc would be gone. We need to clear the decks and that's a good place to start.

Stockpile draft picks and accept the fact that only the Raiders will keep us out of the celar this year. Come back young and see what noise I can make in about 3 years.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Keep LJ. In KC he is half way between Vegas & NY City. Have a mid-season half time retirement ceremony for Green, Holmes, Roaf & Shields

Scaga
02-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Not a bad plan (with the exception of the Harrington bit....but it ain't gonna happen.
Think you've got our current guys over valued a little.

There ain't no way that C.P. would ever get that creative.