PDA

View Full Version : SI: Bonds getting death threats

OnTheWarpath15
02-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Apparently the 'roids are eating Barry's brain......You're not getting death threats becuase your black, your getting them because you're a ****ing cheater about to break one of baseball's greatest records.

Please blow out a knee in Spring Training.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/02/28/bc.bbn.giants.bonds.ap/index.html

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- Barry Bonds declined to elaborate Wednesday about death threats the San Francisco slugger says he is receiving.

"We're not going anywhere with that," Bonds said while walking off the field following Wednesday's workout at Scottsdale Stadium.

The 42-year-old Bonds, 22 home runs from passing Hank Aaron's career record of 755, told San Francisco's KGO Radio on Tuesday that he has been receiving threats.

"There's a lot of times I want to say I'm sorry to some of the fans. You're only strong to a point and then you get nervous," Bonds told KGO during a 90-minute interview. "I'm kind of standoffish and stuff and you can't really explain that. ... I'm mostly gun-shy of what can happen. Once this is all over and done, whether I get lucky enough to do it or not, I'll be able to release just a little bit of the anxiety and fear of what can happen.

"You don't want anything to happen to yourself. You don't want anything to happen to your family."

Bonds has been closely guarded by a Major League Baseball security official throughout spring training for the second straight year. The seven-time NL MVP is scheduled to play his first exhibition game Friday in Scottsdale against the Milwaukee Brewers.

"It's always a concern it's happening," manager Bruce Bochy said. "It's certainly unfortunate that you have to deal with something like that. There's always going to be some concern. We have protection."

Aaron himself, who like Bonds is black, dealt with death threats and hate mail as he approached Babe Ruth's then-record of 714 homers. Aaron passed Ruth on April 8, 1974.

DJJasonp
02-28-2007, 11:05 PM
I think the death threats are BS propaganda made up by him and his agent to try to play the sympathy card with the media/fans, etc.

The sad truth probably is.... no one was talking about Barry Bonds this past week....so he felt neglected and drummed up this BS.

When is inflated-head going to realize nobody gives a damn about him anymore....just go away.

Sam Hall
02-28-2007, 11:14 PM
That's hardly the most shocking news I've heard all day.

Bugeater
02-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm so sick of hearing about this guy I wouldn't mind if someone did kill him.

Halfcan
03-01-2007, 12:00 AM

Or just suspend him for a year.

L.A. Chieffan
03-01-2007, 12:00 AM
whoops. good thing i mailed those from jail with my pen-name.

pikesome
03-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Is paranoia a side effect of steroid use?

Frazod
03-01-2007, 12:05 AM

I'd actually prefer it.

Demonpenz
03-01-2007, 10:38 AM
i no i fear for my life? *while injecting steriods which are bad for your body*

BIG_DADDY
03-01-2007, 10:43 AM

Wow, you guys never cease to amaze me.

MichaelH
03-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Just wait 'til Al Sharpton hears about this!

BIG_DADDY
03-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Bonds will own the record at the end of this season.

Bowser
03-01-2007, 10:51 AM
The death threats are from Bud Selig, Barry. Duh.

Frazod
03-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Bonds will own the record at the end of this season.

Hopefully Pujols will deliver us from evil in about 12 years or so.

BIG_DADDY
03-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Hopefully Pujols will deliver us from evil in about 12 years or so.

Could be, it's all good with me. Personally I would like to see the record broken here in SF where I can attend.

StcChief
03-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Simple solution... Just Intentionally walk him every at bat.

BIG_DADDY
03-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Simple solution... Just Intentionally walk him every at bat.

I'm a Giants fan, works for me. :thumb: Gotta tell you though, people pay a lot of $$$$$ to watch a MLB game and have consistantly booed their own team for walking him. They are not filling the stands when he comes to town to watch him being walked. What's even funnier is hearing other teams fans talk about what a POS he is and how he shouldn't be allowed to play. He's lying cheater who is old, broken down and can't play the game any more. That same person 20 minutes later in the game spills his soda and nachos all over running from the consession stand to see him bat. It's like whatever dude, hope that Dr. Pepper doesn't stain. ROFL