PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon Harris To Visit KC

Hammock Parties
03-02-2007, 12:18 AM
There was a PFT rumor in another thread and Nick has confirmed it. Here's our quickie:

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/623094.html

Numerous reports circulated late Thursday night that former Minnesota Vikings linebacker Napoleon Harris will make his first free-agent stop in Kansas City on Friday.

Two years ago, Harris was one of the best linebackers in the NFL. But when the Minnesota Vikings offered Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders, they insisted that any trade include the young linebacker.

After two years in Minnesota, the talented 28-year-old will be heading to Kansas City for a free agent visit on Friday.

Harris was a star for the Raiders over the first three years of his NFL career, but he struggled his first year in Minnesota. After amassing 252 tackles in Oakland, his numbers have significantly diminished playing on a very bad Vikings defensive team,

In two seasons as a Viking, he’s only managed 84 tackles, but he’s been a solid defender against the pass. Last season he had three interceptions.

The Chiefs are looking for possible replacements for both Kawika Mitchell and Kendrell Bell, so it’s clear why they’re interested in Harris.

Kansas City was attempting to restructure Bell’s contract last night. Mitchell has gathered serious interest from the Detroit Lions and Miami Dolphins.

As for Harris, his best playing days were in the AFC West. The Chiefs need more productive play from their linebackers, and Harris might be one of two linebackers who visit Kansas City in the coming days. Former San Diego Chargers linebacker Donnie Edwards is expected to visit the Chiefs and Saints.

New Orleans appears to be the front runner for his services. They nearly traded for him last summer before Chargers general manager A.J. Smith changed the deal at the last moment.

Stay tuned to Warpaint Illustrated for more Kansas City Chiefs news as they embark on free agency.

Ultra Peanut
03-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Interestink.

unothadeal
03-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Me likey. Outside or Middle?

Hammock Parties
03-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Me likey. Outside or Middle?

Middle for sure. I think he's a prototypical C2 MLB.

Halfcan
03-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Boy Edwards and Harris to replace Tinker Bell and Kweaka- where is the benefit again?

Briggs and Porter has a better ring to it-SuperBowl ring that is.

unothadeal
03-02-2007, 12:23 AM
That's good. He'll come cheaper than Mitchell for sure...right?

Archie Bunker
03-02-2007, 12:27 AM
As I stated in another thread he was #1 on my FA LB list. I loved him coming out of college and was off to a good start with Oakland before the trade. If given the chance I think he would be a very nice replacement for Kawika.

Smed1065
03-02-2007, 12:32 AM
I like this idea as well.

Should be inexpensive comparatively.

big nasty kcnut
03-02-2007, 12:32 AM
I would never trust that nick alton guy to break any news.

Eleazar
03-02-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm ok with FA signings if they are sort of young, and he's 27, so maybe that would work. We need to be adding guys who could have some upside and help us in 2-4 years.

shrek6849
03-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Nick has confirmed it, so please believe the polar opposite of what this article has stated.

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Nick and PFT, wow the two most unrealiable sources out there.

ZootedGranny
03-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Two years ago, Harris was one of the best linebackers in the NFL.

http://humor.about.com/library/graphics/revisionist_history.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
03-02-2007, 01:20 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au4XlQT5iR4vycmS8XJDHIFDubYF?slug=jc-green030107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

yahoo article about chiefs.

"The Chiefs are hoping to get younger, particularly on defense. Aside from Green, the team is expected to shop return man Dante Hall and safety Greg Wesley in hopes of acquiring extra picks. "

Picks for Hall and Wesley?

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2007, 01:27 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au4XlQT5iR4vycmS8XJDHIFDubYF?slug=jc-green030107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"The Chiefs are hoping to get younger, particularly on defense. Aside from Green, the team is expected to shop return man Dante Hall and safety Greg Wesley in hopes of acquiring extra picks. "

Is the media just quoting the Planet now as a source?

DenverChief
03-02-2007, 01:30 AM

like that is a new thing

Tribal Warfare
03-02-2007, 05:26 AM

it has happened before with the Cory Dillon saga

Pushead2
03-02-2007, 06:54 AM
Fox , Harris , Johnson has a nice ring to it at linebacker since we are running a cover 2........

Kerberos
03-02-2007, 07:15 AM
There was a PFT rumor in another thread and Nick has confirmed it. Here's our quickie:

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/623094.html

Numerous reports circulated late Thursday night that former Minnesota Vikings linebacker Napoleon Harris will make his first free-agent stop in Kansas City on Friday.

Two years ago, Harris was one of the best linebackers in the NFL. But when the Minnesota Vikings offered Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders, they insisted that any trade include the young linebacker.

After two years in Minnesota, the talented 28-year-old will be heading to Kansas City for a free agent visit on Friday.

Harris was a star for the Raiders over the first three years of his NFL career, but he struggled his first year in Minnesota. After amassing 252 tackles in Oakland, his numbers have significantly diminished playing on a very bad Vikings defensive team,

In two seasons as a Viking, he’s only managed 84 tackles, but he’s been a solid defender against the pass. Last season he had three interceptions.

The Chiefs are looking for possible replacements for both Kawika Mitchell and Kendrell Bell, so it’s clear why they’re interested in Harris.

Kansas City was attempting to restructure Bell’s contract last night. Mitchell has gathered serious interest from the Detroit Lions and Miami Dolphins.

As for Harris, his best playing days were in the AFC West. The Chiefs need more productive play from their linebackers, and Harris might be one of two linebackers who visit Kansas City in the coming days. Former San Diego Chargers linebacker Donnie Edwards is expected to visit the Chiefs and Saints.

New Orleans appears to be the front runner for his services. They nearly traded for him last summer before Chargers general manager A.J. Smith changed the deal at the last moment.

Stay tuned to Warpaint Illustrated for more Kansas City Chiefs news as they embark on free agency.

I CALL :BS:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular

If the VikQueens were such A BAD DEFENSE how the hell did they #8 in total defense in the NFL in 06.

Nathan is a complete moron and tool trying to make something out of a NOBODY.

This guy either SUCKS or is a HAS BEEN like the OTHER free agent name Bell we picked up a couple years ago.

:shake:

:BS: :BS: :BS: :BS:

dirk digler
03-02-2007, 07:17 AM
I CALL :BS:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular

If the VikQueens were such A BAD DEFENSE how the hell did they #8 in total defense in the NFL in 06.

Nathan is a complete moron and tool trying to make something out of a NOBODY.

This guy either SUCKS or is a HAS BEEN like the OTHER free agent name Bell we picked up a couple years ago.

:BS: :BS: :BS: :BS:

Yeah I don't where he got the idea the Vikings were a bad defensive team. Tomlin got the Steelers HC job because of the great job he did leading the D.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah I don't where he got the idea the Vikings were a bad defensive team. Tomlin got the Steelers HC job because of the great job he did leading the D.

My guess would be his ass; seems that is where he has his head firmly deposited most the time.

Skip Towne
03-02-2007, 07:53 AM
And Gochiefs. Don't forget him.

Eleazar
03-02-2007, 07:57 AM

They were #16 against the run and 18 against the pass. By points allowed they were 26.

That must be what criteria Athan was sorting by when he was looking at ESPN's stats page to find out something about the Vikings.

dirk digler
03-02-2007, 08:22 AM
They were #16 against the run and 18 against the pass. By points allowed they were 26.

That must be what criteria Athan was sorting by when he was looking at ESPN's stats page to find out something about the Vikings.

Interesting because NFL.com is showing they were #1 against the Run and #32 against the pass and #14 in scoring D.

Eleazar
03-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Interesting because NFL.com is showing they were #1 against the Run and #32 against the pass and #14 in scoring D.

You are looking at attempts.

Halfcan
03-02-2007, 08:29 AM
I would rather keep Kweaka then this scrub. We don't need any ex Fader losers.

Come on Carl-WTF are you thinking you dumbazz!!~

Halfcan
03-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Nick Athon just predicted Global Warming-damm this guy is good!

eazyb81
03-02-2007, 08:32 AM

This would be the best offseason ever if Carl was able to swindle draft picks for Green, Bell, Hall, AND Wesley - a dream come true.

siberian khatru
03-02-2007, 08:33 AM

No, you were looking at offensive stats. Sometimes when you click on a stat column it defaults to offense.

Minny D last year was 14th in points, No. 1 in rushing yards.

dirk digler
03-02-2007, 08:38 AM

No I am not.

Passing D - they gave up 238.6 yds/game last in the NFL and tied with the Bengals

Rushing D - they gave up 61.6 yds/game #1 in the NFL

StcChief
03-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Stay tuned to Warpaint Illustrated for more Kansas City Chiefs news as they embark on free agency. Sure a quality source... ROFL

The Bad Guy
03-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Harris is a quality LB. He's young, fast and did pretty well in Minnesota last year.

It's apparent how much the Chiefs think of Mitchell.

ChiTown
03-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Harris is a quality LB. He's young, fast and did pretty well in Minnesota last year.

Mitchell is horrible. He and Bell can't leave fast enough, imo.

Chiefnj
03-02-2007, 08:48 AM

If he is so good how do you explain a paltry average of about 35 tackles per year over the last three years and why are the Vikings willing to let him go?

alpha_omega
03-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Donnie Edwards??????

morphius
03-02-2007, 08:51 AM
That was my first thought as well, Nick isn't even in the top 1,000,000 people that I would go to confirm anything.

Hoover
03-02-2007, 08:54 AM
I think this would be a great move for the Chiefs.

I don't want to see the Chiefs go out and spend the motherload on resigning a guy like KM or some big name FA.

I also hope they continue to build the defense. A great D with a running game will win us some games. The people who think that rebuilding means 3-13 are stupid. If we play good on D, and LJ and TG can continue to put up numbers we will have a shot at the playoffs.

Face it folks, it looks like we want to be the Baltimore Ravens.

Frankie
03-02-2007, 09:18 AM
The big problem is how will we get that Raider stink off of him if we signed him?

Archie Bunker
03-02-2007, 09:21 AM
If he is so good how do you explain a paltry average of about 35 tackles per year over the last three years and why are the Vikings willing to let him go?

I think his lack of production is mainly caused by injuries. He really hasn't been healthy the past couple of years which is a concern.

The Vikings are letting him go because they are stacked at LB.

Eleazar
03-02-2007, 09:21 AM
No, you were looking at offensive stats. Sometimes when you click on a stat column it defaults to offense.

Minny D last year was 14th in points, No. 1 in rushing yards.

ghey website :spock:

Fish
03-02-2007, 09:24 AM

I don't want to see the Chiefs go out and spend the motherload on resigning a guy like KM or some big name FA.

I also hope they continue to build the defense. A great D with a running game will win us some games. The people who think that rebuilding means 3-13 are stupid. If we play good on D, and LJ and TG can continue to put up numbers we will have a shot at the playoffs.

I agree... and it also puzzles me that some people think a 3-13 season guarantees a great draft...

Archie Bunker
03-02-2007, 09:24 AM

Good post. I agree, Herm wants this team to win games like Baltimore and Chicago do and I don't have a problem with that.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Good post. I agree, Herm wants this team to win games like Baltimore and Chicago do and I don't have a problem with that.

I agree, lets be predictable on offense and good on defense. That'll get us to the Super Bowl (once every blue moon).

But it won't win it.

morphius
03-02-2007, 09:39 AM
I agree, lets be predictable on offense and good on defense. That'll get us to the Super Bowl (once every blue moon).

But it won't win it.
Sadly there have been a lot of blue moon's since our last trip there.

Redrum_69
03-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Oh look..another WPI thread...copy/pasted

CupidStunt
03-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Just to chime in, the Vikings had one of the best rush defenses in modern history. Whoever is trying to say they weren't even #1 in football last year needs a brain transplant.

Whether or not that was largely or anything to do with Harris is debateable, but that doesn't change the fact.

CoMoChief
03-02-2007, 10:18 AM
I dont like this at all.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 10:21 AM

But it won't win it.

If it will guarantee even getting to the AFC Championship game, I'll take it.

Mecca
03-02-2007, 10:21 AM
This is the type of move the Chiefs SHOULD be making. A solid guy whos started and played in this defense. He's not old and isn't comanding huge dollar, this is the right approach.

CupidStunt
03-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Why are people bitching about this potential move?

Here's a question: who the hell would you RATHER have at MLB?

And if your answer is Pat Willis or some stud rookie, you then need to consider what the hell we're gonna do for a DT and OT.

Brock
03-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I dont like this at all.

Why not? He's a solid player.

Archie Bunker
03-02-2007, 10:27 AM
This is the type of move the Chiefs SHOULD be making. A solid guy whos started and played in this defense. He's not old and isn't comanding huge dollar, this is the right approach.

I agree 100%

He is in his prime and still has good upside IMO.

Chiefnj
Why are people bitching about this potential move?

Here's a question: who the hell would you RATHER have at MLB?

And if your answer is Pat Willis or some stud rookie, you then need to consider what the hell we're gonna do for a DT and OT.

Why get excited over a player that put up a paltry 59 tackles last year on a team that has one of the best DT tandems in the league? If he isn't going to cost much why wouldn't the Vikings keep him around even as insurance? What about his history of injuries?

If the Chiefs are lucky enough to have Willis available they should take him. The two top DTs and LOTs will in all likelihood be gone by the time the Chiefs pick.

Hammock Parties

Well bless my bloomers. Mecca's actually on the positive side of things for once.

dirk digler
03-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Don't get to excited:

HARRIS VISITING THE BUCS

Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that linebacker Napoleon Harris will visit with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before visiting the Chiefs.

Mecca
03-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Well bless my bloomers. Mecca's actually on the positive side of things for once.

I'll be positive about things I like and negative about things I don't like. I'd be going nuts if they were trying to throw alot of money at Mitchell.

dirk digler
03-02-2007, 10:46 AM
BTW if the Chiefs were interested in improving their LB's why wouldn't they attempt to sign Adalius Thomas?

Brock
03-02-2007, 10:49 AM
BTW if the Chiefs were interested in improving their LB's why wouldn't they attempt to sign Adalius Thomas?

Archie Bunker
03-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Don't get to excited:

HARRIS VISITING THE BUCS

Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that linebacker Napoleon Harris will visit with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before visiting the Chiefs.

Dang, hopefully he will eventually make the trip.

Mecca
03-02-2007, 10:52 AM

Well he's a top 3 FA so you'd have to outbid alot of teams and pay alot of money.

dirk digler
03-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Well he's a top 3 FA so you'd have to outbid alot of teams and pay alot of money.

True but he would definitely be worth it. I haven't heard the Chiefs mentioned when talking about Thomas but maybe it is because he isn't a prototype Cover 2 LB?

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 10:55 AM

Because he's going to get far more money than we should be willing to pay...

Kerberos
03-02-2007, 10:55 AM

I'm sure his age has a little to do with it and the fact that he may be a product of having EXCELLENT players around him making him better than he actually is. What the HELL has Edgerton Hartwell done for Atlanta after Baltimore let him walk? Hurt most of his first year and average his second full year with the Falcons.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/ATL

Hartwell wanted some BANK and got it from Atlanta for being AVERAGE.

I would like us to get someone that is BETTER than what we have already without breaking the bank. AT is gonna want to get PAID.

I say NO to Adalius Thomas

!
!
!
!

dirk digler
03-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Because he's going to get far more money than we should be willing to pay...

So you think it is all about the money?

Going into last year our LB corps was considered our strongest part of our D but now it is looking like one of the weakest not including DJ.

dirk digler
03-02-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm sure his age has a little to do with it and the fact that he may be a product of having EXCELLENT players around him making him better than he actually is. What the HELL has Edgerton Hartwell done for Atlanta after Baltimore let him walk? Hurt most of his first year and average his second full year with the Falcons.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/ATL

Hartwell wanted some BANK and got it from Atlanta for being AVERAGE.

I would like us to get someone that is BETTER than what we have already without breaking the bank. AT is gonna want to get PAID.

I say NO to Adalius Thomas

!
!
!
!

Good point and it could be the scheme they were running in Baltimore that really helped him out but I think he is a very good player.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Thomas also doesn't fit our defense.

Kerberos
03-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Good point and it could be the scheme they were running in Baltimore that really helped him out but I think he is a very good player.

As I think he is a good player as well I just can't see spending the kind of CASH he is gonna demand to get his services. He is a top 3 FA and is gonna act like it when contract talks start.

Pushead2
03-02-2007, 11:23 AM
I hope the Buccs take Harris, They can have Mitchell.

the Talking Can
03-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Harris pretty much sucks, doesn't he?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-02-2007, 12:07 PM
If it will guarantee even getting to the AFC Championship game, I'll take it.

I agree again. Lets shoot for 3rd place instead of 1st place. Winning isn't that important.

Bowser
03-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Harris pretty much sucks, doesn't he?

That's what I was thinking.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 12:25 PM
I agree again. Lets shoot for 3rd place instead of 1st place. Winning isn't that important.

Who's shooting for 3rd place?

You have to GET to one before you can win the other.

PastorMikH
03-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Has this rumor been confirmed with a reputable source yet?

Archie Bunker
03-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Are you saying Nick and PFT aren't reputable? :harumph:

:p

To answer your question not that I've seen.

Frankie
03-02-2007, 12:50 PM
For a mere $20, I'll confirm it.

Archie Bunker
03-02-2007, 12:54 PM
For a mere $20, I'll confirm it.

The key is to say a bunch of common knowledge stuff and then if it happens say "We reported this weeks ago"

Once you have that down to a science up the price to $89.99.

Kerberos
03-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Who needs to spend $89.99 when you get the same news and QAULITY entertainment here for free?

And if there is some Breaking news we just can't live without we have GoChiefs to give us the inside scoop from Nick The Dick Athan for free as well. :rolleyes:

What the hell else could you possible want for Nutt'n?

:)

Hammock Parties
03-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Who needs to spend $89.99 when you get the same news and QAULITY entertainment here for free?

And if there is some Breaking news we just can't live without we have GoChiefs to give us the inside scoop from Nick The Dick Athan for free as well. :rolleyes:

What the hell else could you possible want for Nutt'n?

Note: free article.

Dumbass.

Kerberos
03-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Note: free article.

Dumbass.

Main Entry: faŁceŁtious
Pronunciation: f„-‚s‡-sh„s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French facetieux, from facetie jest, from Latin facetia
Date: 1599

1 : joking or jesting often inappropriately : waggish ˛just being facetiousł
2 : meant to be humorous or funny : not serious ˛a facetious remarkł
synonyms see witty
–faŁceŁtiousŁly adverb
–faŁceŁtiousŁness noun

For a guy that is a major SMARTASS I would think you would have heard of this term before NOW.

DUMBASS.

KCTitus
03-02-2007, 02:32 PM
so it's down from 100 bucks to 90 now, for 'breaking' news...hell, I'll take two then.

PastorMikH
03-02-2007, 02:48 PM
so it's down from 100 bucks to 90 now, for 'breaking' news...

He could afford to drop the price since he wasn't having to pay Phil anymore.

Garcia Bronco
03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Harris was a Raider...good luck

PastorMikH
03-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Harris was a Raider...good luck

So was Shanahan...

Oh, wait, I see your point.

Thanks!

Al Bundy
03-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Harris wont make it out of Tampa Bay.

Archie Bunker
03-02-2007, 09:38 PM
According to Adam Schefter, Harris is coming in tomorrow.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Why aren't we going after Donte' Stallworth?

Thig Lyfe
03-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Briggs and Porter has a better ring to it-SuperBowl ring that is.

That was beautiful. Have you considered writing for Warpaint?