PDA

View Full Version : dupe.. please delete.

Joe Seahawk
03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
There was another guy from Philly that everyone was after that turned out to be somewhat of a bust after he signed his big money deal. (I can't believe I forgot his name LOL )

Two years ago, the Seahawks brought in former Ravens linebacker Edgerton Hartwell for a visit. From our March 2005 story: "A four-year veteran from Western Illinois, Hartwell recently told reporters that he hopes to become the greatest linebacker in NFL history. Seattle would presumably settle for 'better than Orlando Huff.' "

We then listed Seattle's succession of starting middle linebackers from 1998 through the 2004 season: Dean Wells, DeShone Myles, Anthony Simmons, George Koonce, Levon Kirkland, Isaiah Kacyvenski, Huff, Randall Godfrey, Huff (again) and Niko Koutouvides.

The Seahawks passed on Hartwell, choosing instead to draft Lofa Tatupu from USC. The Hawks were ripped for trading up in the second round to draft a player with the physical attributes of a midround pick. Atlanta paid for the proven commodity, investing $8 million in bonuses on a six-year deal for Hartwell.

The results? Tatupu has two Pro Bowls, two division titles and a Super Bowl appearance in two seasons. He has cost the team less than $2 million in bonuses. Meanwhile, the Falcons released Hartwell today after two injury-shortened seasons. The Falcons still must account for about $5.7 million in cap charges. They paid $10.28 million in salary and bonuses for 63 tackles, or more than $160,000 per tackle.

-Mike Sando-

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if Mitchell is the next one?

But he most likely will leave KC and become a pro bowler... Seems like the trend.