PDA

View Full Version : Adalius Thomas to Pats

DeezNutz
03-02-2007, 09:00 PM
www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

ESPNews reports the New England Patriots have reached a preliminary agreement with free agent LB Adalius Thomas (Ravens).

Had to contribute to the worthless banter about guys that probably wouldn't help (cough, Hartwell)... :)

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Thomas will fit better into New England's defense...

88TG88
03-02-2007, 09:31 PM
WOW they must have dropped some major coin. Wasn't he tagged as the franchise player ?

the Talking Can
03-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Belicheck will know what to do with him....get a WR and they're back in the superbowl....must be nice to have winning franchise...

jAZ
03-02-2007, 09:33 PM
WOW they must have dropped some major coin. Wasn't he tagged as the franchise player ?
No he was a FA, I think.

noa
03-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Good move by the Pats. Thomas is an excellent athlete and LB was definitely a weakness for the Pats this year.

Iowanian
03-02-2007, 10:08 PM
How on earth will he ever fill Monte Beisel's shoes?

beer bacon
03-03-2007, 12:04 AM

Probably with 100 tackles, 10 sacks, and a TD or two.

Direckshun
03-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Pats win the Super Bowl.

Between Thomas and two first round picks, I think Pats are going to be too good next year.

Sure-Oz
03-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Thomas will be good in a PATS uni, hell anyone that plays for the pats turns out to be good, well except alchy #44

Mr. Laz
03-03-2007, 11:12 AM
not good for the reset of the NFL

imo the pats have been winning with less talent through superior coaching and scheme. They like having utility guys can do a bunch of different things.

With Thomas they have that utility type player but they also have superior talent.

He's big enough to play DE ... fast enough to play outside linebacker and has the ball skills to play safety.

really nice signing by the Pats

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 11:27 AM
not good for the reset of the NFL

imo the pats have been winning with less talent through superior coaching and scheme. They like having utility guys can do a bunch of different things.

With Thomas they have that utility type player but they also have superior talent.

He's big enough to play DE ... fast enough to play outside linebacker and has the ball skills to play safety.

really nice signing by the Pats

Yep. He's a perfect fit in their system.

Amnorix
03-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Belicheck will know what to do with him....get a WR and they're back in the superbowl....must be nice to have winning franchise...

Yes, yes it is. We suffered long, but Kraft, Belichick and Brady have led us out of the desert where we resided for 40 years and into the promised land...

Amnorix
03-03-2007, 06:09 PM
No he was a FA, I think.

Yes, FA.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Yikes. Pats fans should be doing Cartwheels. This guy is like the second coming of McGinest, only more so.

Amnorix
03-03-2007, 06:10 PM

Mostly by showing up, I think.

It's too bad Beisel didn't work out. He could've filled the Roman Phifer role at LB for us, but he couldn't figure out hwo the f**k to play our scheme.

Brock
03-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Mostly by showing up, I think.

It's too bad Beisel didn't work out. He could've filled the Roman Phifer role at LB for us, but he couldn't figure out hwo the f**k to play our scheme.

It wasn't that he couldn't figure it out. He just sucked.

Amnorix
03-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Yikes. Pats fans should be doing Cartwheels. This guy is like the second coming of McGinest, only more so.

Yes. Well, don't knock Willie Mac. During his hey-day he was pretty damn good. A few Pro Bowls, etc. But by the time we were winning SBs he was more the "very good, savvy veteran" who provided good leadership skills.

But yes, Thomas is easily the best FA out there for us this year. GREAT signing.

Amnorix
03-03-2007, 06:12 PM
It wasn't that he couldn't figure it out. He just sucked.

Yeah, I guess that's probably true. Every once in a while, even the Pats REALLY miss on a guy. Duane Starks was the absolute best (or worst, depending on how you look at it) example of that.

Beisel -- same thing.

Amnorix
03-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Holy smokes, what a sixth round :eek:

Selected in the sixth round of the 2000 draft - 13 picks ahead of quarterback Tom Brady (http://www.bostonherald.com/search/?searchSite=true&keyword=Tom+Brady&mode=score&sorting=pubdate) [stats (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=bostonherald&page=nfl/teams/077/playeraaa.aspx?id=678,team=077)] - Thomas steadily rose from special teams to starter. Initially stuck behind Peter Boulware and Michael McCrary on the Ravens’ depth chart, he spent the first four years of his career largely as a backup and special-teamer.

BucEyedPea
03-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Good move by the Pats. Thomas is an excellent athlete and LB was definitely a weakness for the Pats this year.
It was a weakness. I heard this from my brother two weeks ago and that the Pats were going to spend some serious coin on him.

Good news....too bad it's just my 2nd team. :(