PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball Sleepers this year?!

Sure-Oz
03-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Know of any sites that have insite or anything for sleepers/rookies for this year? i got a draft in a few days besides my CP league that im tryin to prep for, thanks!

luckeechief
03-27-2007, 10:58 PM
This was the closest thing to a fantasy baseball topic that I could find in 30 seconds of forum searching. I'd say my sleepers are Teahen/Alex Gordon, Delmon Young, Nick Markakis, Russell Martin and Hank White (http://www.hankwhitefanclub.com). Of course none of this helps you if you've already drafted...

If anybody else is interested in signing up for some last-minute fantasy baseball action with Yahoo! there are a couple leagues I'm in that need to fill up by Friday.

Rip313's Other Hippies head-to-head league info
Yahoo! League Signup (http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=)
League ID: 13270
password: hippiesx2
Draft is online live Friday night at 5:45 p.m. Chiefs Standard Time (CST)

luckeechief's Chiefs League rotisserie league info
League ID: 272623
password: elwaysux
Draft is online live Friday night at 9 p.m. CST

HolmeZz
03-27-2007, 11:12 PM
How deep of a league are we talking?

I'd look out for guys like Stephen Drew, Adam Wainwright, Nick Markakis, Luke Scott, Corey Hart, Ian Kinsler and Mike Pelfrey.

Mecca
03-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Delmon Young ain't a sleeper.......

Chris Duncan, Joel Zumaya, Johnathan Broxton.

Reaper16
03-27-2007, 11:37 PM
How deep of a league are we talking?

I'd look out for guys like Stephen Drew, Adam Wainwright, Nick Markakis, Luke Scott, Corey Hart, Ian Kinsler and Mike Pelfrey.
This sounds good.

I don't know if Ocavio Dotel is exactly a sleeper, but he stands a great chance of putting up decent numbers. Depends on how many actual save opportunities he'll get.

OnTheWarpath15
03-27-2007, 11:38 PM

Agreed on Young, but I wouldn't consider Duncan or Zumaya a sleeper by any means.

I keep leaning towards Broxton and Markakis.

Eleazar
03-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Jorge Julio just got traded and will be closing for Florida, if you need saves.

Kraut
03-28-2007, 06:35 AM

Duncan and Broxton are going to be studs this year. I think Duncan is going to put up huge numbers.

sedated
03-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Mark Teahan

JBucc
03-28-2007, 07:44 AM
I think A-Rod's gonna have a big year.

Codered
03-28-2007, 07:48 AM
How about a few pitchers who should be available near the last rounds that could suprise you. Chuck James out of atlanta and Andrew Miller and Joel Zumaya out of Detroit. I figure it's only a matter of time until Zumaya becomes the closer. The guy has everything most teams want for their closer.

For hitters I like Nick Markakis and Alex Gordon. Kevin Kouzmanoff could be a late flyer who is currently listed at UTL, but will be playing 3B in SD this year.