PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Add Some Beef

Hammock Parties
03-03-2007, 06:07 PM
http://chiefs.scout.com/2/623551.html

With left tackle as one of their most pressing offseason needs, the Chiefs acted fast and signed the second-best player on the market, agreeing to terms on a six-year deal with veteran Damion McIntosh.

The Chiefs had indicated they would not be a big player in the early stages of free agency, but that changed on Saturday when they signed McIntosh, a former Dolphin and Charger, to a contract that will secure his starting spot on what will be a revamped offensive line.

It’s been difficult for the Chiefs to find anyone to replace the great Willie Roaf, who announced his retirement before the start of mini-camp last May. The Chiefs were caught blind-sided by the departure and could only manage to snare Kyle Turley in the open market.

That didn’t work out, and eventually Jordan Black became the full time starter. That didn’t work either, and the Chiefs knew going into 2007 they needed an upgrade.

Chiefs President Carl Peterson and head coach Herm Edwards have made it a priority to re-tool the offensive line.

“We are very pleased to have acquired the services of Damion McIntosh to play left tackle for the Kansas City Chiefs,” said Peterson. “He is an established starter at that position in the National Football League who we anticipate will be a very competitive performer. Damion played particularly well against the Chiefs when we faced him in 2006.”

McIntosh started in 43 games for the Dolphins in three NFL seasons. The former Kansas State standout has experience at both guard and tackle. He spent four seasons in San Diego before signing with the Dolphins.

Miami tried unsuccessfully to sign him to a long-term contract on Thursday, but talks broke down and the Chiefs contacted his agent, Brent Tessler, scheduling his first free-agent visit.

When he arrived on Friday the Chiefs worked quickly to get a deal done so he would not slip out of town without a contract in hand.

McIntosh was the second-best left tackle on the open market behind Leonard Davis, who the Chiefs contacted on Friday. Davis is expected to get a handful of offers in the stratosphere of $50 million, however.

McIntosh certainly has far more experience than Davis and has been successful with both the Chargers and Dolphins in multiple offensive systems. That bodes well for him in Kansas City. He has good size and, though he’s not Willie Roaf, he’s certainly an upgrade from Jordan Black, who just seems to be playing out of position at tackle.

With this signing Black likely won’t return to Kansas City. Currently he’s been in contract talks with the St. Louis Rams, but at the moment the two sides have not completed a deal. The Pittsburgh Steelers are also interested.

Now the Chiefs have to solve a couple more problems along the offensive line. All-Pro right guard Will Shields has yet to inform the Chiefs if he’ll retire or come back for one more season, and center Casey Weigmann is also deciding if he’ll hang up his cleats or not. If that’s the case, Kansas City could be in the market for more help along the offensive line. They’ll have to solve those issues likely through the draft unless they can swing a trade with another NFL team.

In other Chiefs-related news:

LB Napoleon Harris -The former Minnesota Vikings linebacker will be in Kansas City on Saturday night and will meet with the Chiefs on Sunday. He was in Tampa on Saturday but to our knowledge didn’t come to an agreement before he left town.

LB Donnie Edwards - His agent, Tom Condon, has spoke to the Chiefs about Edwards and those talks could heat up depending on what happens with Harris when he comes to KC. If the Chiefs sign both Edwards and Harris, that means Kendrell Bell will likely be cut to make some cap room.

LB Keyaron Fox - As noted in other publications, linebacker Keyaron Fox is NOT a restricted free agent. He signed a four-year deal in his rookie season so he is under contract with Kansas City for 2007.

acesn8s
03-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Didn't I read this once already?

Brock
03-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Huge waste of cap space /mecca

Fairplay
03-03-2007, 06:14 PM
http://chiefs.scout.com/2/623551.html
The Chiefs were caught blind-sided by the departure and could only manage to snare Kyle Turley in the open market.

That didn’t work out , and eventually Jordan Black became the full time starter. That didn’t work either, and the Chiefs knew going into 2007 they needed an upgrade.

Heh, I knew he wouldn't last. A guy coming in with major back issues playing the line? Anyone could have forecasted that happening.

kstater
03-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Ahem....

REPOST!!

banyon
03-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Is he really the 2nd best available?

bringbackmarty
03-03-2007, 06:29 PM
check this out....Mcintoshwifebeater (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-damiongal021606,0,4231397.photogallery?coll=sfla-dolphins-front&index=5)

Tight lil bod on his wife, found unresponsive and face down when the cops showed. He musta caught her ****in around then sat on her.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2007, 06:30 PM

Yes. Shrewd move by Carl...going after the second-best guy while everyone is throwing hookers at Leonard Davis.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-03-2007, 06:32 PM
how many threads do we need about this?

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Leonard Davis SSUUUUCCCCKKKSSSS...

StcChief
03-03-2007, 06:58 PM
She's sticking around for the $$$$$.

88TG88
03-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Thats what i was thinking. What a crappy group if Mcintosh was the second best

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Thats what i was thinking. What a crappy group if Mcintosh was the second best

The supposed 1st-best was Leonard Davis. McIntosh > Davis.

Florida_Bronco
03-03-2007, 07:36 PM
I wonder why Blob didn't post the author of the article. Possibly because it would open up his gay lover Nick Athan to even further public attacks?

Bwana
03-03-2007, 07:40 PM
how many threads do we need about this?

It looks like at least two..............stay tuned.

Kerberos
03-03-2007, 07:46 PM
I guess we will see how this pans out but right now I am NOT liking this move. I could be wrong but if this putz was any good why did the Fins let him leave?

Hammock Parties
03-03-2007, 07:48 PM
I guess we will see how this pans out but right now I am NOT liking this move. I could be wrong but if this putz was any good why did the Fins let him leave?

Miami tried unsuccessfully to sign him to a long-term contract on Thursday, but talks broke down and the Chiefs contacted his agent, Brent Tessler, scheduling his first free-agent visit.

When he arrived on Friday the Chiefs worked quickly to get a deal done so he would not slip out of town without a contract in hand.

Logical
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
The supposed 1st-best was Leonard Davis. McIntosh > Davis.Neither are even in the same realm as Roaf was in.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Neither are even in the same realm as Roaf was in.

Thankyou captain obvious.

HolmeZz
03-03-2007, 09:52 PM

There are only a handful of linemen in the past decade who are. :p

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 10:27 PM

And?

Kerberos
03-03-2007, 10:35 PM

Like I said

If he was worth his weight in GOLD they wouldn't have let him go. PERIOD.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Like I said

He's not a putz. They wanted him to stay. Bitching because he isn't an All-Pro is dumb.

Kerberos
03-03-2007, 10:44 PM
He's not a putz. They wanted him to stay. Bitching because he isn't an All-Pro is dumb.
Who's bitching?

I speak my mind and it's bitching?

:whackit:

get a life dude

Hammock Parties
03-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah, you're bitching because he isn't some godlike left tackle. He's a solid player. The Dolphins wanted him back. He's not some retread, castoff, i.e. Kendrell Bell.

This is a good pickup.

mikey23545
03-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Like I said

Were you and Logical both one short on your "Stupid Post" quota tonight?

Kerberos
03-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Were you and Logical both one short on your "Stupid Post" quota tonight?

Yeah, you're bitching because he isn't some godlike left tackle. He's a solid player. The Dolphins wanted him back. He's not some retread, castoff, i.e. Kendrell Bell.

This is a good pickup.

You know ... Your right GoChiefs. I guess he is probably better than what we have. But then again that isn't saying much either.

I guess we will just have to wait till the season starts to see just how good or NOT good this pickup was now. I hope it pans out.

Brock
03-03-2007, 11:40 PM

Wow, no shit. You have an amazing grasp of the obvious.

boogblaster
03-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Surely he'll play better than Black or Turley...At least who ever plays QB might stand a chance on a 5 step drop ....

Direckshun
03-03-2007, 11:58 PM
yer dum

Groves
03-04-2007, 12:05 AM

I'm guessing you could be a real pain to shop for used cars with.

Of course any thinking person factors in why a person wasn't re-signed, etc, but you guys can make it out nobody should ever switch teams...because if they were any good, of course, "they'd never let them go".