PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon Harris

crazycoffey
03-04-2007, 10:13 AM
He was supposed to meet KC yesterday, anyone have insider info on how it went, or if he even came to KC?

Free-agent LB Napoleon Harris (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302200) scheduled to visit the Buccaneers Friday and Chiefs Saturday.

recxjake
03-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Harris > Mitchel

crazycoffey
03-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Harris > Mitchel

I think so, for our cover 2 certainly and on our cap space too.

CupidStunt
03-04-2007, 10:17 AM
It's a good thing if he even showed up, I guess. A lot of guys have been signing at the first place they visit because of the $.

CoMoChief
03-04-2007, 10:18 AM
I never liked him. Still dont.

crazycoffey
03-04-2007, 10:22 AM
I never liked him. Still dont.

Harris or Mitchell?

CoMoChief
03-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Harris or Mitchell?
Harris. Heh well both really.

crazycoffey
03-04-2007, 10:24 AM
It's a good thing if he even showed up, I guess. A lot of guys have been signing at the first place they visit because of the $.

exactly why I posed the question, I don't know, there isn't anything about the visit on any chief site I can find. Thought maybe an "insider" here may know enough to confirm he made it or if he didn't make it out of TB.

milkman
03-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Harris.

I suddenly became a big proponent of getting this guy signed.

crazycoffey
03-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Harris. Heh well both really.

I know people have been calling for donnie, and I'm of the opinion we shouldn't have let him go the first time. But I don't think he's the answer,

Mitchell should try the market and see if he already has it pretty good here, but he plays shorter and slower than we need for our cover two MLB, (at times in MY OPINION)

so what's our options, a rookie? meh! Harris? Not the second coming but seems better suited for our scheme and wouldn't break the bank, so that is what prompted my interest.

Direckshun
03-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Harris was a part of the Vikings league-best run defense last year.

If anything, I support taking him from the Vikes so when they visit us next year LJ can run for 500 yards and 6 touchdowns.

crazycoffey
03-04-2007, 10:36 AM
I suddenly became a big proponent of getting this guy signed.

ROFL

just to spite a fellow planteer? On Sunday, no less. Where's Believer when we need a stone to be thrown.

:p

bringbackmarty
03-04-2007, 10:37 AM
We have to do something a MLB if we plan to play cover 2 next year. Weaka is not a good fit, and it makes sense that edwards would want to bring in his guy, not vermeil's.

crazycoffey
03-04-2007, 10:41 AM
We have to do something a MLB if we plan to play cover 2 next year. Weaka is not a good fit, and it makes sense that edwards would want to bring in his guy, not vermeil's.

I agree. But I don't know if that is really donnie edwards either.

Harris seems to fit the bill, from what I know and have heard. Is there any other choices?

Pollard a convert? Not against the idea, if gun and herm think it will work, again the emphasis would be "how about at least one more good DT to knock the O-line around - preferably two" but that is a good issue no matter who we put in at MLB.

CoMoChief
03-04-2007, 11:06 AM
I agree. But I don't know if that is really donnie edwards either.

Harris seems to fit the bill, from what I know and have heard. Is there any other choices?

Pollard a convert? Not against the idea, if gun and herm think it will work, again the emphasis would be "how about at least one more good DT to knock the O-line around - preferably two" but that is a good issue no matter who we put in at MLB.

I wouldnt be opposed to converting Pollard to MLB in the cover 2. However I think he would have to put on some weight or else he would get his ass kicked.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Harris helped in the run game, but Pat Williams and Kevin Williams were the main reasons for the run defense. Those guys ate up more space than any DT tandem in the league.

Skyy God
03-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I wouldnt be opposed to converting Pollard to MLB in the cover 2. However I think he would have to put on some weight or else he would get his ass kicked.

Pollard at OLB, possibly. He matches up, size-wise, favorably with Cato June and Derrick Brooks.

Pollard at MLB, no freaking way.

chop
03-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Pollard is 6-1 224 lbs.

Donnie Edwards is 6-2 227 lbs.

Not much of a difference.

crazycoffey
03-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Bump,

Anyone know if Harris made it into KC on Sat, any insider information on if it went well?

Archie Bunker
03-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Bump,

Anyone know if Harris made it into KC on Sat, any insider information on if it went well?

I believe he is here today.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/16829364.htm

The Chiefs were scheduled to begin a visit today with Minnesota linebacker Napoleon Harris.

crazycoffey
03-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I believe he is here today.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/16829364.htm

The Chiefs were scheduled to begin a visit today with Minnesota linebacker Napoleon Harris.

ahhh, cool. I read somewhere else that he would be in yesterday. didn't know if his visit to TB went so well that he didn't leave......

I don't know much about him, but curious on how it goes, it will say what CP and Herm think of KW if he signs a quick deal.

PinkFloyd
03-04-2007, 06:38 PM
exactly why I posed the question, I don't know, there isn't anything about the visit on any chief site I can find. Thought maybe an "insider" here may know enough to confirm he made it or if he didn't make it out of TB.

My sources tell me he got into town and went to the Brigade game... He then proceded to get hammered on scotch and water, and was then later thrown out of Kemper...

Being trashed, he left town and then only realized he was suppose to meet with Chief officials...

ROFL Just kidding of course....

BigRock
03-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Bump,

I heard Carl threw him out when the meeting started. He freaked out when he saw that the guy is named Napoleon, 'cause there's only room for one angry little power-monger in KC.

milkman
03-04-2007, 06:43 PM
I heard Carl threw him out when the meeting started. He freaked out when he saw that the guy is named Napoleon, 'cause there's only room for one angry little power-monger in KC.

LMAO

crazycoffey
03-04-2007, 07:36 PM
My sources tell me he got into town and went to the Brigade game... He then proceded to get hammered on scotch and water, and was then later thrown out of Kemper...

Being trashed, he left town and then only realized he was suppose to meet with Chief officials...

ROFL Just kidding of course....

You must be having a good Birthday!:clap:

PinkFloyd
03-04-2007, 08:01 PM
You must be having a good Birthday!:clap:

Sober as hell..... Don't drink much anymore....

crazycoffey
03-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Sober as hell..... Don't drink much anymore....

I don't drink anymore either.....

I also don't drink any less ;)

PinkFloyd
03-04-2007, 09:03 PM
I don't drink anymore either.....

I also don't drink any less ;)

I just don't find the "thrill" in it anymore... Plus; on bowling nights when the others get smashed, I know I'm the one capable of getting everyone home safe... Now; come Springfield time, we will have a designated driver ----- so thats ANOTHER story !!!! HEHEHEHE

TRR
03-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Is there any reason why Harris only had 59 tackles last season, and 25 the year before? MLB's always seem to be in the hundreds.

KC56DJ
03-04-2007, 09:26 PM
I have been sayin an let me know if u agree, but i dont think mitchell is a problem or a weakness, the guys in front of him to be honest suck, simms is a bust big time, an the others are just all suited for being in the rotation an comin for 8-12 downs to give other guys a rest, we need to adress DT more the MLB

Halfcan
03-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Is there any reason why Harris only had 59 tackles last season, and 25 the year before? MLB's always seem to be in the hundreds.

He sucks ass-that is part of the reason-the other part is he is an ex Fader-but that might be covered in the sucks ass part?

TRR
03-04-2007, 09:38 PM
I have been sayin an let me know if u agree, but i dont think mitchell is a problem or a weakness, the guys in front of him to be honest suck, simms is a bust big time, an the others are just all suited for being in the rotation an comin for 8-12 downs to give other guys a rest, we need to adress DT more the MLB

I am not impressed with Mitchell at all. I agree with your point. The DT's definitely don't help him out. However, I've never seen a MLB whiff on more QB sacks than Mitchell, and it always seems like he is missing a critical tackle. Mitchell isn't terrible, but I wouldn't call him good either. He just doesn't fit Herm's scheme in my opinion.

KC56DJ
03-04-2007, 09:44 PM
I am not impressed with Mitchell at all. I agree with your point. The DT's definitely don't help him out. However, I've never seen a MLB whiff on more QB sacks than Mitchell, and it always seems like he is missing a critical tackle. Mitchell isn't terrible, but I wouldn't call him good either. He just doesn't fit Herm's scheme in my opinion.

good point, i certainly dont think he is the MLB of the future but i think if we can get some DT's than he will be just fine until we can get younger in other areas, plus with DJ progressing an Bell on the other side i think he can kind of hide with tho two demanding some attention

The Bad Guy
03-04-2007, 09:48 PM
He sucks ass-that is part of the reason-the other part is he is an ex Fader-but that might be covered in the sucks ass part?

The Vikings defense ranked #1 in the NFL.

He had something to do with that.

Tackles are the most over-rated stat to guage the effectiveness of a defensive player. Mike Maslowski led our team in tackles and set a Chiefs record on the worst defense in modern history.

Watch the guy play before you rely on NFL.com's gamelogs to tell you how good he is.

TRR
03-04-2007, 09:57 PM
The Vikings defense ranked #1 in the NFL.

He had something to do with that.

Tackles are the most over-rated stat to guage the effectiveness of a defensive player. Mike Maslowski led our team in tackles and set a Chiefs record on the worst defense in modern history.

Watch the guy play before you rely on NFL.com's gamelogs to tell you how good he is.

Any way you spin it, 84 tackles in the last 2 seasons is not good. And it's not like Harris is a 10+ sack guy in the middle, or a guy that picks off a lot of passes either. I agree with you as well, stats aren't all they are cracked up to be. But, they can send up somewhat of a flag. And 84 tackles in the past two seasons is a VERY LOW number for a MLB.

milkman
03-04-2007, 10:35 PM
good point, i certainly dont think he is the MLB of the future but i think if we can get some DT's than he will be just fine until we can get younger in other areas, plus with DJ progressing an Bell on the other side i think he can kind of hide with tho two demanding some attention

Kendrell Bell sucks.

crazycoffey
03-05-2007, 11:43 AM
OK, so now that he came in on Sunday instead of Sat. I again ask if any insiders know how the visit went, I'm about to search around on some football sites and stuff, but thought I'd ask here again too.

P.S.- I know there is a sticky thread about all FA moves, this is more for Harris. I don't know much about him and want to know more.

crazycoffey
03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
[cricket sounds] chirp, chrip [/cricket sounds]

Hello? Anyone, anyone?

http://dumpmartz.com/content/binary/Ferris_03.jpg
Bueller, Bueller.....

chop
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I can't find any info on his visit either.

Archie Bunker
03-05-2007, 01:18 PM
I can't find anything on the visit or if he has moved on. The McIntosh signing was announced the day after the visit in the afternoon so maybe the same thing is going happen with Harris.

crazycoffey
03-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Adam shefter says he came in today. so now it's not sat or sund, but today he worked out with the team officials.