PDA

View Full Version : Leonard Davis signs with Cowboys

dirk digler
03-04-2007, 05:10 PM
7-year, $49.6 million contract, with $18.75 million in guaranteed money and $24 million paid out over the first three years of the contract.

NaptownChief
03-04-2007, 05:19 PM
That is a tremendous amount of money for a guy who the Cards considered a huge bust and disappointment. Evaluating individual offensive linemen isn't my strong suit but it seems like nearly every comment I ever read about this guy was more about struggling than anything else.

Hammock Parties
03-04-2007, 05:20 PM
I wonder how much money this guy would be making if he wasn't 370.

Mecca
03-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Well in Dallas he'll play RT so he'll be less exposed even though I think that's to much money for him.....

This makes me really fear what we paid for McIntosh, this market in general is just nuts.

keg in kc
03-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Sweet Jesus.

NaptownChief
03-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Well in Dallas he'll play RT so he'll be less exposed even though I think that's to much money for him.....

This makes me really fear what we paid for McIntosh, this market in general is just nuts.

But didn't this guy struggle at tackle and hence why they played him at guard a good part of his time in zona?

Mecca
03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
But didn't this guy struggle at tackle and hence why they played him at guard a good part of his time in zona?

They originally played him at Guard because they had other Tackles or some such. He's one of those guys that will probably be alright as long as you don't ask him to play LT and block speed rushers.

the Talking Can
03-04-2007, 05:36 PM
way over paid for his talent, but that's the beauty of a market...

Mojo Rising
03-04-2007, 05:47 PM
They originally played him at Guard because they had other Tackles or some such. He's one of those guys that will probably be alright as long as you don't ask him to play LT and block speed rushers.

No. They played him at Guard after he s**ked at Tackle. He has played (or not played depending how you look at it) at all OL positions except Center.

Kerberos
03-04-2007, 08:59 PM

What??? You are DOUBTING King Carls ability to be ONE TOUGH SOB negotiator?

:p

ct
03-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Way way way overpaid!!!

CupidStunt
03-06-2007, 09:13 AM
McIntosh is a lot better than this bum.

People don't like guys without a "name" but we could have a really nice offseason if we're able to land solid players like Nap Harris and Kevin Curtis.